The Super Diamond

42 replies to this topic
2Chains4Bracelets
  • 2Chains4Bracelets

aficionado.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:11 PM

Does anyone have this car? Is it worth it? Zippy when fully upgraded? I love the looks and really want to cop one because new garage space and all.

I realize it's not the fastest sedan. Will it at least beat out a Tailgater?

I already have a lot of 'best-in-class' cars, I'm looking for a fun car.

I also realize the rear window is huge and that that makes it pretty drive-by vulnerable.

sdime1217
  • sdime1217

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:19 PM

From what i remember it's pretty slow and i don't think it turns all that great....i could be wrong it has been quite a while since i drove one

2Chains4Bracelets
  • 2Chains4Bracelets

aficionado.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:24 PM

From what i remember it's pretty slow and i don't think it turns all that great....i could be wrong it has been quite a while since i drove one

I mean if pretty slow is in comparison to a sports car like the 9F then that's a given. I'm trying to think of the car on terms between a fully modded Schafter and fully modded Tailgater, both of which can definitely whip it.

backward_axis
  • backward_axis

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:28 PM

It takes a while to get going, but once it does, it becomes the game's most sophisticated battering ram. You probably won't win many races with it, though. Win the occasional race? Sure, but the Tailgaters will normally best you. It is tricky to turn effectively at speed. It was one of the first cars that I bought and has remained in my garage since. Love that car. Is it made for racing? No. It is made for being the classiest mfer in freeroam.
  • MDNA and Barry ><> like this

ashbashbluesfan
  • ashbashbluesfan

Professional Griefer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:31 PM

Turns like a boat, it's more of a status symbol than a racer, get the schafter if you're doing sedan races.

• DrunkenMunkey78 likes this

2Chains4Bracelets
  • 2Chains4Bracelets

aficionado.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:35 PM

It takes a while to get going, but once it does, it becomes the game's most sophisticated battering ram. You probably won't win many races with it, though. Win the occasional race? Sure, but the Tailgaters will normally best you. It is tricky to turn effectively at speed. It was one of the first cars that I bought and has remained in my garage since. Love that car. Is it made for racing? No. It is made for being the classiest mfer in freeroam.

Thank you! This is the kind of reply I was looking for. I'm in the market for a classy cruiser, I already have a Schafter for speedy sedan action, but I'm the kind of player that likes to roll around in my Manana when there are enough low-levels in the lobby such that I don't get eaten alive. Sounds like it's time to make an investment in a Diamond.

• backward_axis likes this

2Chains4Bracelets
  • 2Chains4Bracelets

aficionado.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:12 AM

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

No regrets. The car is phenomenal.

• tjor24, ModderX and BEES0FTHeMIND like this

MadHaTT3R
  • MadHaTT3R

Racing isnt Crashing

• Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:14 AM

What is that a Bentley?  Sorta like a cross between a Bentley and Rolls. Its got the lines, just not in the right spots....

2Chains4Bracelets
  • 2Chains4Bracelets

aficionado.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:22 AM

What is that a Bentley?  Sorta like a cross between a Bentley and Rolls. Its got the lines, just not in the right spots....

I would say Arnage mixed with Phantom. That's how they like to do it in this game, you know that! The lines, in all the unnatural places so that there's no licensing qualms.

I have to say though, I do love GTA's style of hybrid whips and find it a lot of fun.

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Big Homie

• Members
  • Tokelau

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:32 AM

I've done races where people had custom Super Diamonds. They seem to do okay on tracks with lots of straights like Down The Drain or Arms Race, but in a race with lots of turns and narrow streets, a Tailgater can easily beat it. Though I believe the Schafter is better than both since it has good speed and acceleration, yet can take corners at a relatively quick pace.

freedomna
  • freedomna

Earl of Sealand

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:32 AM

Does anyone have this car? Is it worth it? Zippy when fully upgraded? I love the looks and really want to cop one because new garage space and all.

I realize it's not the fastest sedan. Will it at least beat out a Tailgater?

I already have a lot of 'best-in-class' cars, I'm looking for a fun car.

I also realize the rear window is huge and that that makes it pretty drive-by vulnerable.

It is a brick on wheels. Once it gets moving nothing can stop it, not even your breaks.

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:00 AM

Hands down, the Super Diamond is THE fastest/has the highest top speed in the Sedan class.  The Benefactor Shafter is THE best Sedan vehicle.  It's top speed is slightly slower than the Super Diamond, almost unnoticeable BUT, the braking and traction of the Shafter outshines all in its class.  Should you get a Super Diamond?  Yes, you're definitely gonna need it on a track with long straightways if you wanna win.

BEES0FTHeMIND
  • BEES0FTHeMIND

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:21 AM

Class. I love this one. 

Leggera
  • Leggera

Le driver

• Members
  • France

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:53 AM

Although I love real life Rolls Royce and Bentleys, the Super Diamond just doesn't work with me. Sad to say but its face is stupidly ugly.
  • Barry ><> likes this

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

I own a Super Diamond and in races it's good on the straights but not very good on corners, especially sharp ones, but it is a great battering ram....

It works well on tracks such as Route 68 and The Commute. Would probably do well on Long Haul 2 as well.

But, yeah, I like it because it's classy.

OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

Royalty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:49 AM

It may not be super fast or have perfect handling but it's a Rolls Royce, that alone is reason enough to own one. When you start a mission and see your Super Diamond parked next to a snot green adder the shade will be so real it will be palpable. 

• 2Chains4Bracelets likes this

Patgosplat
  • Patgosplat

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

according to the stats on the social network, it's tied for top speed & has the fastest acceleration

but like people have said turning sucks at high speeds

BigBiff
  • BigBiff

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:23 PM

Its a faster version of the Roosevelt in my opinion.  Drives like a boat.

That being said, it's not a performance vehicle, and is sexy as f*ck driving off the lot.

2Chains4Bracelets
  • 2Chains4Bracelets

aficionado.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:47 PM

Things I've noticed (if anyone cares)

-Yes, it turns wide. But only at higher speeds. This isn't a sports car so don't drive it like one. If you use the brakes and properly release gas, then you will make any turn you need to!!

-A lot of people don't understand the concept of not always being on the brake or the gas. When you drive IRL, you will not be hitting either through any stop-light turns most likely. If you let go of the gas and turn, the game is programmed to properly simulate the rear end of a vehicle coming out. This is a real-life phenomena and will make many turns in all the cars in the game muuuch easier.

-The speed is real. Fully upgraded, this guy will pick up speed quickly. Additionally, it's also the most damage-resistant car I've owned (and I've clocked ~30 days of hours, driven and owned manyyyy vehicles). This thing will run down other players relentlessly. And if you hit a player with that grille, it's very unlikely they will survive even at lower speeds. Fully upgraded, this car has so much heat that I can fully hit the gas and do a burnout from a stop. Convenient for quick directional changes.

The biggest downside to the car is it's huuge windows. Even relatively unskilled players will not have much difficulty grabbing a headshot through em. Advised to not dilly-dally around hostile players as you'll quickly become wasted.

ModderX
  • ModderX

#1 90's Car Fan

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:29 PM

http://socialclub.ro...MHE26Fok4DfolHw

It's the type of car for cruising, to be honest. It was never made to race through streets and weave through traffic.

Stage 4 engine on mine, cognoscenti wheels, silver and no regrets.

Amazing, 10/10.

Generic_m
  • Generic_m

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:17 AM

I have a matte black Super Diamond. I have it in my new high-end apartment with an empty space adjacent. Waiting on that Super Drop Diamond.

GunBrothersGaming
  • GunBrothersGaming

Funny Man

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:03 AM

I was sad to purchase this car, but I love it. The sadness comes from R*'s lack of being able to make this custom. No hood ornaments, no body mods, you get what you see.

This isn't a car you want to buy to race around in. This is for driving in style. You want a rich mans car, this is it. The Adder? Junk hotwheel, this is the car you get if you want to play rich and have a nice car.

• Benefactor69 likes this

Monkey Toes
  • Monkey Toes

Gentleman Extrordinare

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:56 PM

I'm fond of it, though I traded it out for the similarly purposed Roosevelt. While its windows are big, the massive size of it in general makes for excellent cover if you get out and duck. Also, as its been said, the thing is an absolute tank. Nothing short of an actual tank will stop you. I can't tell you how many cars I simply shoved out of the way with it. You stop avoiding cars so much, and instead keep going straight and make them get out of your way.
  • 2Chains4Bracelets and backward_axis like this

iProGam3r
  • iProGam3r

Hakosuka or Hachiroku?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:05 PM

it's the z-type of the sedan class

• jtet37 likes this

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:59 AM

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

No regrets. The car is phenomenal.

I was thinking of getting one. I think you just sold me. That looks badass.

2Chains4Bracelets
  • 2Chains4Bracelets

aficionado.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:35 AM

I was thinking of getting one. I think you just sold me. That looks badass.

Worth it. I use mine all the time. Just make sure you know what you're getting considering you're about to drop $400,000 (fully upgraded estimate). Read above posts about car.

OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

Royalty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:21 AM

Since the latest update and moving to a new apartment, every time i leave my garage with my Super Diamond and drive round front there is a clone of my Diamond parked outside my house. Double Diamond Dream!

MLfHzqQ.jpg

• 2Chains4Bracelets and Wombater like this

Barry ><>
  • Barry ><>

Driving Thug

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:41 AM

Does the Supah Diamond have 1 or 2 colors? 

Wombater
  • Wombater

Designer Wombat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:34 AM

One.

Barry ><>
  • Barry ><>

Driving Thug

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:35 AM

One.

F*** me! damn, hoped on 2 so much D:

• MitchMaljers likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users