Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar working on a Next-Gen Game (Apr. 2014 - Mar. 2015)

290 replies to this topic
Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

The timing of the tweet makes me think about GTA V.
But, why not aim to deliver a new title for Next-Gen consoles with a bang?
New RDR, Bully or Agent are the best choices to step into the limelight as part of a healthy fiscal year to continue.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

He called it a "project." Either he's just being careful with his words or it sounds like it might not be a port for GTA 5; hopefully it is but would be happy with something new either way.

Plus, isn't Agent supposed to be a PS exclusive?

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

I will be very surprised if GTA V isn't the first thing they bring to next-gen. Because GTA Online.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:06 AM

If they are bringing gta online to next gen they should fix the character creator.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:13 AM

If it is anything like their work in the last 6 years then I couldn't give a flying f*ck.

Awkward, overly stylized pile of overrated sh*t.

You know, 'in my opinion' or w/e.

• tuareg and Boris The Vodka like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

Agent seems to a likely bet IMO. I've always felt that it would be their first next gen game.
  • _Klebitz_ likes this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:47 AM

If it is anything like their work in the last 6 years then I couldn't give a flying f*ck.

Oh alright, lets hope Rockstar creates a game just for you. Outdated graphics? Yes please. Simple and no stylised elements? Sure thing! In fact, lets just re-release every 3D era GTA all over again so you can enjoy your nostalgia and stay away from all modern games because absolutely nothing will come close to the classics. Ah, yes. 2001-4 sure was a simpler time.
  • _Klebitz_ and TaviColen123 like this

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

Agent seems to a likely bet IMO. I've always felt that it would be their first next gen game.

If it is in fact Agent then we might have another multiplatform game on our hands. Since they did develop it for the PS3 originally, I think it's fair to say this is expected.

• Miamivicecity likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:02 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 14 May 2014 - 11:05 AM.

GTA5 already sold 33ml copies on last-gen consoles,with that said,if the game was re-released on PS4/XB1 it will sell millions more but R* wouldnt higher their expectation cus the game already broke Historical Records and was a Mega Hit....and while it probably be a sequel in the the Red Dead franchise (one of my predictions posted in the previous page),GTAO will be the Milking Pot of R* and Take2 for years to come seeing GTA isnt an Annualised Franchise (like CoD and AC)...tbh i am just to f*cking Excited for what R* will do with Next-Gen Consoles :happy:

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Then perhaps we shall start a revolution of our own

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:13 AM Edited by SFPD officer, 14 May 2014 - 11:13 AM.

It better be Agent. I wouldn't mind another Red Dead, but I liked how R* weren't afraid to bring new IPs (RDR, LAN) or reintroduce old ones (MP) instead of churning the same franchises over and over again (even though RDR was pretty much GTA: Wild West) last few years. I'd love a well done Cold War political drama.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:25 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 14 May 2014 - 11:26 AM.

It better be Agent. I wouldn't mind another Red Dead, but I liked how R* weren't afraid to bring new IPs (RDR, LAN) or reintroduce old ones (MP) instead of churning the same franchises over and over again (even though RDR was pretty much GTA: Wild West) last few years. I'd love a well done Cold War political drama.

RDR isnt a new IP bro,it started way way way back in 2004 (same year as SA) and that was Red Dead Revolver (making the franchise the first Western/Historical OWGs) before Guns,CoJ or AC..but yeah LA Noire is a new Franchise,and RDR was the game that made the Red Dead Franchise SO Popular.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:36 AM

Oh alright, lets hope Rockstar creates a game just for you. Outdated graphics? Yes please. Simple and no stylised elements? Sure thing! In fact, lets just re-release every 3D era GTA all over again so you can enjoy your nostalgia and stay away from all modern games because absolutely nothing will come close to the classics. Ah, yes. 2001-4 sure was a simpler time.

What a f*cking sweeping generalization. You have no idea what you are talking about.

I didn't post to start a debate on why Rockstar has gone downhill this generation. But I will say this. Aside from any technically advancement they have achieved with the RAGE engine, they always dumb their games down for the masses, we continue to get hard lock on aiming 12 years after games already progressed succesfully without it.

Their games are nothing compared to the last generation, it has nothing to do with nostalgia whatsoever. Their games used to be based off proper gameplay and actual fun. All they are now are horrible as hell storytelling, redundant and overly frequent cutscenes, and insanely tedious animations and sluggish gameplay.

The games just aren't designed for the gamers out there anymore.

All I know for a fact is that it will be over marketed and hyped up and have a very high probability of being really irritating to play.

• Osho likes this

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:52 AM Edited by Zancudo, 14 May 2014 - 11:52 AM.

So, you don't like Rockstar Games anymore because they've started to add optional hard-lock aiming mode? Because they've started to focus on serious storytelling? And because they do exactly the same games as in the PS2 era, except they're even more expanded and technically advanced?

I suggest you should bring your head out of your nostalgic ass. It's pain to read your hypocritical mess.

• The Odyssey and _Klebitz_ like this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

What a f*cking sweeping generalization. You have no idea what you are talking about.

I didn't post to start a debate on why Rockstar has gone downhill this generation. But I will say this. Aside from any technically advancement they have achieved with the RAGE engine, they always dumb their games down for the masses, we continue to get hard lock on aiming 12 years after games already progressed succesfully without it.

Their games are nothing compared to the last generation, it has nothing to do with nostalgia whatsoever. Their games used to be based off proper gameplay and actual fun. All they are now are horrible as hell storytelling, redundant and overly frequent cutscenes, and insanely tedious animations and sluggish gameplay.

The games just aren't designed for the gamers out there anymore.

All I know for a fact is that it will be over marketed and hyped up and have a very high probability of being really irritating to play.
You're saying the new Rockstar games have overly frequent cutscenes and horrible storytelling, when the 3d era had San Andreas, III and the stories? (Not saying those games are bad, but I'll be dammed if someone actually played them for the interesting story and cutscenes)
Besides, I fail to see how the latest Rockstar games aren't designed for experienced games. Sure, V was to appeal to the casuals a little bit, but RDR, Max Payne 3 and even certain parts of GTA IV were extremely difficult. And the storylines in GTA IV and RDR were bad? Did you even play those games? Or is nostalgia blinding you again?
Just go back to your jetpacks and katanas if you want to relive the glory days.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Then perhaps we shall start a revolution of our own

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:53 PM

RDR isnt a new IP bro,it started way way way back in 2004 (same year as SA) and that was Red Dead Revolver (making the franchise the first Western/Historical OWGs) before Guns,CoJ or AC..but yeah LA Noire is a new Franchise,and RDR was the game that made the Red Dead Franchise SO Popular.

I know, but Redemption is so different from Revolver it's practically a brand new title. Whatever, playing with words.

@The Odyssey

Yup. There are only two titles this generation where R* went out of their way to make them appealing to the widest audience possible. And that is V and TBoGT. And, ironically, those are the only two titles I can see catering to the 3D Era nostalgia crowd.

Also, I don't think 3D Era GTAs were that hard. Obviously, you couldn't withstand as much punishment in III and VC as in latter games, but generally, their difficulty mostly stemmed from clunky gameplay mechanics. And again, Max Payne 3 was quite challenging and it is, in my opinion, one of few games that really were difficult in the right way and not just from ramping up enemies and their power and forcing the player into absurd unbeatable situations.

• The Odyssey and _Klebitz_ like this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:11 PM Edited by Daz, 14 May 2014 - 01:17 PM.

I suggest you should bring your head out of your nostalgic ass. It's pain to read your hypocritical mess.

If you are too retarded to read a clearly worded post then I have nothing to say to you.

You're saying the new Rockstar games have overly frequent cutscenes and horrible storytelling, when the 3d era had San Andreas, III and the stories? (Not saying those games are bad, but I'll be dammed if someone actually played them for the interesting story and cutscenes)
Besides, I fail to see how the latest Rockstar games aren't designed for experienced games. Sure, V was to appeal to the casuals a little bit, but RDR, Max Payne 3 and even certain parts of GTA IV were extremely difficult. And the storylines in GTA IV and RDR were bad? Did you even play those games? Or is nostalgia blinding you again?
Just go back to your jetpacks and katanas if you want to relive the glory days.

What the hell are you babbling about?

Are you trying to say nobody played San An for the storytelling? I don't even know what your point is.

How hard is it to understand? All Rockstar games since IV have been clunky and overly animated as sh*t. I don't need to drunkwalk 50 feet down a road any time a car knocks me. Though they have somewhat improved those issues over time but it is still not fixed entirely, we are still using the god damn A button to run, why the flying f*ck can't we have an option to always run? Because they are forcing cinematic experiences on us. They would happily force you into a non skippable animation for skinning an animal in RDR, despite the fact doing it for the 100th time can't be anything less than tedious as f*ck.

Don't even get me started on the plot and storytelling, IV, RDR and especially V had some of the worst storytelling I have ever seen in my life. All 3 characters in V are so over the top terrible that it is just torture any time you have to endure their bullsh*t life sequences any time you log out of GTAOnline.

I am speaking to the wrong crowd here. I am not claiming all the games were entirely sh*t, but I know their marketing style.

They always choose faux realism over any kind of gameplay or ease of use. This is why we have to hold a f*cking button in order to do anything other than walk slower than an elderly woman, this is why we have animations for f*cking every unnessasary thing in the game. That is why we have constant phone nags that can't be turned off.

The list goes on and on.

To me it seems like it is you who has your head up your ass, as usual any sign of criticsm for a Rockstar game is always met with moronic anger.

It ain't got sh*t to do with nostalgia. Games are big business now, and the focus on having a good game and creating exciting fun gameplay that is replayable and timeless has been totally lost by people who would rather just make a sh*t load of money with little time spent on actual game issues.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

Your comment is invalid and will not be taken seriously.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

Of course you're picking out tiny details that annoyed you slightly to justify why the games are bad. Clunky walking animation? 5 second Cutscenes when skinning animals? Just deal with it, 3D era games had their minor faults too. You're also suggesting that only recent R* games have annoyances to make the game more realistic. Funny that, because the gang wars in SA were about 5x more annoying than the phone calls in IV.

My point was just saying that most 3d era GTA's stories were mediocre, and most people didn't play them to get attached to the storytelling. I didn't see how that was so hard to understand.

And is think it's pretty clear I'm not a Rockstar fanboy like you suggested. I made it clear I didn't like certain elements from the 3D era in previous statements. I'm just saying I appreciate the HD era a whole lot more. To me, the story in RDR was remarkable. Same could be said about GTA IV. Do you actually think 3D era GTA's (SA in particular) had a better story than RDR? Not trying to offend anyone here, just curious.
  • HaythamKenway, _Klebitz_ and TaviColen123 like this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:44 PM

Clunky walking animation? Just deal with it

Seriously?......

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:48 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 14 May 2014 - 01:49 PM.

The so called "clunky animation" is not a fact, it's an opinion, so yeah, he does in fact have to deal with it. Many people are fine with it, many people are used to it, you don't see any other people coming out and hating something trivial as this. If anything, the 3d era animations were the "clunkiest" because there was barely any physics in it like IV/V, but who cares. It didn't matter then nor does it still matter now.

• The Odyssey, _Klebitz_ and TaviColen123 like this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:51 PM

The so called "clunky animation" is not a fact, it's an opinion, so yeah, he does in fact have to deal with it. Many people are fine with it, many people are used to it, you don't see any other people coming out and hating something trivial as this. If anything, the 3d era animations were the "clunkiest" because there was barely any physics in it like IV/V, but who cares. It didn't matter then nor does it still matter now.

Ok, you're talking sh*t. A large amount of people complained about the clunky/sluggish movement in GTA IV, they improved it greatly in GTA V thankfully, but it's still not great..

And yeah, it's not opinion, it's fact... GTA IV had horribly clunky/sluggish movement on foot, and animations that would spaz the f*ck out and send you into an uninterrupted loop of retardation when something bumped into you.

Many, many people complain about this. Saying "just deal with it" is f*cking stupid.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:55 PM

Yeah, there were glitches in IV related to the animations, i've been a victim of this. At least it was patched. Compared to V's physics, I would say the movement in IV is definitely slower and heavier, but I didn't care back then, so each to their own.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:59 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 14 May 2014 - 02:02 PM.

Geez Louis,here we go again,Fanwars and Abusive comments,pls guys dont make Master Raavi or Sivispacem lock this Great thread.just go to the "IV vs V" thread in the V Subforum..oh wait that locked already lol,but pls guys no abusing and whatnot...just stop it!

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

Clunky walking animation? Just deal with it

Seriously?......
Yes I'm serious. And this goes for most games. If I can get use to it, you should be able to as well.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

Yes I'm serious. And this goes for most games. If I can get use to it, you should be able to as well.

Getting used to something that's sh*t isn't the answer, fixing it is.

The walking animation in IV was f*cking awful, and is something I complained about often even during the games prime.

Climbing, walking, and running felt almost like you was doing it in a bubble underwater. It was slow and often unresponsive to the smaller touch.

• Daz and Cosmic Gypsy like this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

Getting used to something that's sh*t isn't the answer, fixing it is.

How a normal person with a brain thinks.

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:14 PM Edited by Woll Smoth, 14 May 2014 - 04:16 PM.

I'm really hoping that it's a new Midnight Club game. A new, PROPER open-world racing game is needed, and can't nobody do them like R*.
f*ck The Crew!

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:15 PM

I find it stupid that people pick "clunky animations" as one of the primest faults of GTA IV. Utterly stupid.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

I'm really hoping that it's a new Midnight Club game. A new, PROPER open-world racing game is needed, and can't nobody do them like R*.
f*ck The Crew!

Yea, an new MC would be awesome. But only if they stick to previous games and not go the NFS route by removing every future players liked.

The latest NFS Games were... The original Most Wanted was the last NFS that was actually good, imo.

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

Geez Louis,here we go again,Fanwars and Abusive comments,pls guys dont make Master Raavi or Sivispacem lock this Great thread.just go to the "IV vs V" thread in the V Subforum..oh wait that locked already lol,but pls guys no abusing and whatnot...just stop it!

This isn't even their section of the forums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users