Photo

Mafia III

4,349 replies to this topic
Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:46 AM

Whatever they do, I just hope it gets into the late 60's and early 70's.

Love me some muscle cars to use in my mobster activities.

• JRC99 and Zello like this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:48 AM

so their are hints that they are going to do a 3 protagonist thing like GTA V since the casting call had 3 characters suspiciously named "Franklin, Tony, Mickey" hint hint

Well Rockstar was also rumored to get help from 2K Czech and maybe R* is here to return the favour?

Professor SmackaDabbah
  • Professor SmackaDabbah

Dananananananana she really loves to break

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:25 AM

I hope it remains open world after you finish the game

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:46 AM

The worst thing they can do is to keep it linear. I never played the first one but from what I hear it was more of an Open World game than M2.
And this very linear and story based thing was the main problem that people had with the game, made the open world pretty pointless. Lack of activities and sidemissions or mini-games. So I'm pretty sure that they listened.
  • Th3MaN1 likes this

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:16 AM

Great news. I loved both Mafia games, I hope they include more free roam in the new one, maybe the option to purchase cars like mentioned above.

I think they should keep it linear. If you mean the option to free roam AFTER the story? Then yes. But I don't want there main focus to be "the biggest map we've ever created" ect. Even though it won't be, they've never been like that.

so their are hints that they are going to do a 3 protagonist thing like GTA V since the casting call had 3 characters suspiciously named "Franklin, Tony, Mickey" hint hint
What :/
  • Professor SmackaDabbah likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:28 AM Edited by Zello, 08 January 2015 - 05:30 AM.

^^^^

http://www.ign.com/a...to-casting-call

Franklin,Tony, and Mickey

If this is all true I hope they change the names

Choymz
  • Choymz

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:46 AM

^^^^

http://www.ign.com/a...to-casting-call

Franklin,Tony, and Mickey

If this is all true I hope they change the names

I think their going to change it because of the oblivious comparisons. And remember the 'Rush' casting call? all of those changed names to what they were in V.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:46 AM

Nice :)
But hopefully, no mini-games and pointless crap like collectibles spread around the world.
Mafia 1 feels truly a classic simply because it never featured any of those modern sh*t within a period setting ( seriously, what were the developers smoking when they turned Mafia 2 into just other cover shooter with regenerative health ) but on the strengths of fantastic story, memorable characters, spot on wanted system, and good shooting mechanics ( talking about PC ) It was well worth it, but yeah, it lacked side missions which should addressed and differently done in M3.
  • B Dawg likes this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:00 AM

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!

I hope that this game could expand on Mafia II and have more fun features, and of course make it more open and include free ride. Also they should improve the already neat and awesome driving of Mafia II and make it more fun and realistic.  :)

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:28 AM

Nice :)
But hopefully, no mini-games and pointless crap like collectibles spread around the world.
Mafia 1 feels truly a classic simply because it never featured any of those modern sh*t within a period setting ( seriously, what were the developers smoking when they turned Mafia 2 into just other cover shooter with regenerative health ) but on the strengths of fantastic story, memorable characters, spot on wanted system, and good shooting mechanics ( talking about PC ) It was well worth it, but yeah, it lacked side missions which should addressed and differently done in M3.

Mini-Games and Collectibles are essential for open-world games... most people want it and people who dont like it dont have to do them...

@3 Protagonists

As long as you wont be able to switch between the characters and the story is focused on one person rather than 3, Im fine with it.

Verdant
  • Verdant

Boomshine Blowout

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:08 AM Edited by Verdant, 08 January 2015 - 07:09 AM.

Awesome! I really enjoyed the storyline for both of the games. What time period you reckon they'll go for this time around? I'm thinking 1960's too early 70's, that'd be nice imo.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:20 AM Edited by Tycek, 08 January 2015 - 08:20 AM.

Let's hope the game will end better if the last time. I may be interested, but I won't make the same mistake of pre-ordering that again. The devs got a lot of answer for after the last game.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Big Homie

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:41 AM Edited by Majestic81, 08 January 2015 - 08:42 AM.

Im pretty sure that logo is just fan made, its been out there for years.

But im excited for this. Mafia 2 was a f*cking gem for me. i absolutely love it. i dont even give a sh*t about free roaming. just give me a good story and a nice atmosphere like in the last one. although i'd like it to be longer.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:41 AM

I hope Take Two leaves the developers alone to let them do their own thing this time. Sure, Mafia II's development was a mess all the way from the start, but their meddling only made things worse. And I also hope that old casting call suggesting southern setting turns out to be true. It sounded like an interesting pitch.

• Sergiu likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:00 AM

The problem with the story wasn't that the game had 3 protagonists. The problem was that all 3 of them were poorly written.

The only problems I had with Mafia 2 was the lack of open-world, and it would have been pretty f*cking awesome if some weapons would have been dropped in the game after Vito gets out of jail. I missed the AK-47, it could have been in there.

• B Dawg and Sergiu like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:09 AM

( seriously, what were the developers smoking when they turned Mafia 2 into just other cover shooter with regenerative health ) but on the strengths of fantastic story, memorable characters, spot on wanted system, and good shooting mechanics ( talking about PC )

I agree. But I liked those playboy magazines :lol:

Sergiu
  • Sergiu

EQUANOX™

• GTA Mods Staff
  • European-Union
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:14 AM Edited by CasualSergiu, 08 January 2015 - 11:19 AM.

Finally! FINALLY.

I'm hoping Hangar 13 is taking care of it (as the news suggest). They have an amazing writer AND the design/tech teams from 2K Czech. Mafia II was known for amazing design and good tech.

• Verdant and Th3MaN1 like this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:45 AM

Finally! FINALLY.

I'm hoping Hangar 13 is taking care of it (as the news suggest). They have an amazing writer AND the design/tech team from 2K Czech. Mafia II was known for amazing design and good tech. >sh*tting pants.

Definitely. Tech-wise, it's on the top, to be honest.

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:49 AM

Great news. I loved both Mafia games, I hope they include more free roam in the new one, maybe the option to purchase cars like mentioned above.

I think they should keep it linear. If you mean the option to free roam AFTER the story? Then yes. But I don't want there main focus to be "the biggest map we've ever created" ect. Even though it won't be, they've never been like that.

What you need to know is this new installment is handled by a new developer instead of 2K Czech. I suppose 2K Czech will be providing the technical stuff such as engines but the gameplay and story wise is probably done in Hangar 13. 

• Sergiu likes this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:12 PM

Never played Mafia I, heard it was really good though and is kind of a classic. Well, Mafia II was okay from what I can recall. The shooting mechanics were lame, I guess, and the handling of cars wasn't that cool either...nevertheless it was a game I played for hours, and the story was aight. After GTA V I will never enjoy any car handling and get that driving feeling, but I could try at least. I might check it out, on PC. demo version. If I like what I see I might just buy the thing.

So pretty much with GTA V driving you've been babied and can't get used anything else? That's sad. :/

been babied? I find it to be the most entertaining driving experience I have come across in a loooong time, and yes, it will be difficult for other games to get on that level. V's driving is nearly perfect and super immersive. my girlfriend cruised around for 1.5 hours, that's saying something. she doesn't like games really, but she "gets it" when she drives through los santos listening to VBR.

R* have set a new standard for me in terms of driving, no need to be sad - I'd rather thank 'em for that!

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:46 PM Edited by Tycek, 08 January 2015 - 12:47 PM.

Too bad their standards were set so low and so close to Mario Kart. They fortunately fixed it with some patches, but some elements of it are still unbearable.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

First of his name

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:07 PM

I have high hopes for this. Hopefully they will finish it this time. Mafia 2 suffered from obvious cuts to the story. Mafia 1, on the other hand is still one of the best gaming experiences that I've ever had.

• Abel. likes this

guiguido
  • guiguido

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:08 PM

I loved Mafia II, never played the first one.

I'm hoping is coming 2016, because 2015 is very painful to my wallet. Sorry.

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:22 PM

After completing the first mafia game, you get the option to free roam. I'm just hoping they do something similar to this, but on a bigger scale compared to the first one obviously, what with all power of the new gen consoles and PCs these days, they could try something a bit more ambitious.

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:28 PM

I'm just hoping for melee weapons.

Sergiu
  • Sergiu

EQUANOX™

• GTA Mods Staff
  • European-Union

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:45 PM

I'm just hoping for melee weapons.

The 1st game has it all. And a top notch storyline that would explain why so many people are rather unhappy with Mafia II's.

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:53 PM

Your wallet might be painful then. I highly doubt Rockstar Games would release any major games this year since they haven't release their Heists as well as the planned DLCs. With that, I think MAFIA III is to fill the AAA gap for this year. I really hope MAFIA III sells well, hopefully close to GTA IV sales or RDR sales. 

guiguido
  • guiguido

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:02 PM

Your wallet might be painful then. I highly doubt Rockstar Games would release any major games this year since they haven't release their Heists as well as the planned DLCs. With that, I think MAFIA III is to fill the AAA gap for this year. I really hope MAFIA III sells well, hopefully close to GTA IV sales or RDR sales. 

Well, Hangar 13, who is supposedly handling the development, was created on December 4, I think that 2015 is very early.

But reading this made me think that the studio is working on Mafia III since 2013, or early 2014:

mafia4hwzxz.png

So, a reveal on this year is possible, I think?

Sergiu
  • Sergiu

EQUANOX™

• GTA Mods Staff
  • European-Union

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:05 PM

Well, Hangar 13, who is supposedly handling the development, was created on December 4, I think that 2015 is very early.

But reading this made me think that the studio is working on Mafia III since 2013, or early 2014:

-snip-

Most likely at PAX South. It'll be the 1st year PAX is happening in the South.

guiguido
  • guiguido

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:09 PM

-snip-

Most likely at PAX South. It'll be the 1st year PAX is happening in the South.

Yeah, I heard a new Borderlands will be announced at PAX too, maybe Take2 likes it. :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users