• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago

But I don't know this just doesn't feel like a mafia game, this game itself is "completely wrong" and shouldn't be called "mafia" because it doesn't deserve it. More to do?I didn't played the game but there is almost nothing to do. Setting is original but means nothing if graphics are glitchy. I mean look at this:

OK man. No worries. I see what you mean. A lot of us expressed those feelings when it was announced. It deviates from the fist two games. Instead of being a mafioso you take on the establishment mafia in New Orleans and you even recruit Vito as an underboss. However the the story is original too. For example, I don't want to spoil it for you but Lincoln Clay is one of the most likable characters you'll play as. And the story will make you feel you are doing some righteous vengeance but... but.. you might just be another crazy PTSD psycho that wants control over the whole city and will murder and mame anyone that gets in your way. You might be just as bad as the bad guys but you don't even know it yet. But it might be your decision as a player. 

My recommendation is to play it. See for yourself bro. If you don't like it, fair enough. Come back and express those things. 

• Ivan1997GTA and Ertan Soner like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

How do you have such strong opinions of the game if you never played it?

Lmao. Quoting this. Video game community first world problem.

Setting is original but means nothing if graphics are glitchy. I mean look at this:

Oh great. Referring to months-old footage that the bugs shown most likely was dug out on purpose and only occur once in a lifetime.

I've gone 4 playthroughs of the base game and all 3 DLC. I encountered a few crashes and one or two mission bug, but none in the video ever happened to me. What do you say? Do you believe me?
  • Am Shaegar likes this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Superb storyline, protagonist, highly detailed and atmospheric open world clubbed with an equally immersive soundtrack.

What more can I say?  Oh yes, I need to play it again. Pity the haters. They will keep denying that the game was worth the time and money. 

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago

This game is a disappointment, nothing more. I still can not believe how they f***ed up this series. The worst thing is some people defend this trash.

Don't like it then that's your opinion, you have absolutely no f*cking reason to blame people who defend this game.

I'm not saying M3 is the best game of all time. They certainly did a handful of wrong design choices during development and graphics weren't up to date. Still, trash is the wrong word.

Sorry but your post is like a 0/10 metacritic score.

Don't like me?Don't write anything then. Mind your own business. I am not taking my word back.

Please keep it respectful. Fashion didn't attack you personally.  As for "mind your own business"  you posted your opinion on a public forum. Expect it your opinion to be challenged. 

By the way, you're entitled to our opinion and I respect that. I disagree that it's trash as above I've posted a few features that are great that I would love in a GTA. The ambition is there but the execution needs work. I think III is a great stepping stone and learning curve for Hangar 13. I think it will only get better. BTW, I put more hours in III than II because there was more to do and I I thought the story was amazing. The setting is original and the choice of location too. What other GTA-style crime games can you play in the 1960's in New Orleans? :)

The only thing I wish Hangar 13 done was flesh out the open world more. When I first played the game I was pretty impressed by the amount of enter-able interiors only that the large majority of them lacked any sense of purpose. Then they added Sinclair Parish which honestly beyond Faster Baby is pretty much a giant waste of space giving little to no incentive to revisit it. All that effort could've went into making some of the existing areas of the map a bit more interesting.

The game has many cool ideas, but it just hasn't quite come together yet IMO. A bit like the original Assassin's Creed which was a good, but potential not quite realised game. If Hangar 13 are in charge of Mafia IV I'm sure they'll learn from their mistakes and apply accordingly..

• Mister Pink and Ivan1997GTA like this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 2 weeks ago

Since Rockstar is the crown jewel of Take-Two Interactive and 2K only bring in big cash from Sports and to some extant Civilization and X-COM, I will not be surprised if Hangar 13 gets shut down in the next two years (sadly they already merged 2K Czech into them).

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Facade Corporation
  • Russia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Ivan1997GTA, 2 weeks ago.

The only thing I wish Hangar 13 done was flesh out the open world more. When I first played the game I was pretty impressed by the amount of enter-able interiors only that the large majority of them lacked any sense of purpose. Then they added Sinclair Parish which honestly beyond Faster Baby is pretty much a giant waste of space giving little to no incentive to revisit it. All that effort could've went into making some of the existing areas of the map a bit more interesting.

The game has many cool ideas, but it just hasn't quite come together yet IMO. A bit like the original Assassin's Creed which was a good, but potential not quite realised game. If Hangar 13 are in charge of Mafia IV I'm sure they'll learn from their mistakes and apply accordingly.

I agree. Maybe the next Mafia game (if there will be one) should have Tommy Angelo's daughter as the protagonist, with the time period being probably the late 1970's or early 1980's, taking place in both Lost Heaven and Empire Bay, with countryside seperating the two cities. It would be interesting to see how the two cities evolved over the decades.
  • Mister Pink and UshaB like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

The game has many cool ideas, but it just hasn't quite come together yet IMO. A bit like the original Assassin's Creed which was a good, but potential not quite realised game. If Hangar 13 are in charge of Mafia IV I'm sure they'll learn from their mistakes and apply accordingly..

Well, I play a game where the open world is crowded with endless activities, and mind you, the activities are optional and they are not just drinking beer or peeing in the toilet; they are actually putting you into action and give you reward for that. And yet all I see is that most players hate it and want a nice clean map instead with a nice endless stream of revenue, for the sake of 'accomplishment' and OCD fix - and whatever else lousy reasoning they got.

Honestly, though. I facepalmed.

And now the developer is on the process of patching it.

So if you ever wonder why some open world games are empty, like this Mafia 3, which I really despise the end-game. You know there are people who protest a video game for being a video game.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Thunderstorm

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Ertan Soner, 2 weeks ago.

How do you have such strong opinions of the game if you never played it?

Lmao. Quoting this. Video game community first world problem.

Setting is original but means nothing if graphics are glitchy. I mean look at this:

Oh great. Referring to months-old footage that the bugs shown most likely was dug out on purpose and only occur once in a lifetime.

I've gone 4 playthroughs of the base game and all 3 DLC. I encountered a few crashes and one or two mission bug, but none in the video ever happened to me. What do you say? Do you believe me?

Doesn't matter...And let's forget bugs but how about other ones?You just focused on bugs and completely ignored the rest of the video(just look at the 1:50 in the video I posted)...Maybe bugs are fixed but>Sh**y car physics, unignorable graphics, few side missions, almost nothing to do, bad AI, doesn't feel like a mafia, peds die too easily, bad gun combat, worst gun sounds,  etc etc Do you have any answer for them?

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 2 weeks ago

No. There are some flaws, either tiny ones or big ones such as the ugly skybox glitching out or dull side missions but it still doesn't make it a terrible game. If you focus more on the positive, you will certainly find a fun game. Especially right now when you can find it incredibly cheap or used. I bought my deluxe edition shortly after release but overall I can't say I regret it. It was great fun and a superb story. The things that matter the most were done right in my opinion:

+Superb story
+Great voice acting
+Cutscene graphics are some of the best ever seen
+General presentation looks good
+An excellent 60's soundtrack
+Good shooting and stealth mechanics
+Neat car collection
+(a personal one) I actually liked taking over the city piece by piece. People overreact saying this game is repetitive.
There are just enough non-repetitive missions in-between such as taking down district bosses, I thought some of those were great.

Nobody's denying that it's a flawed game because it is.
However, if these flaws really bother you that much maybe just skip it and move on. I'm not trying to force you to like this or to buy this but you should know there are definetly good things about this "trash" game.
  • Mister Pink, SmokesWithCigs, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Lol. This guy is a text-book Mafia 3 hater.

The way they list things and talk is like template as the result of reposting the next guy's complaints. It's getting old. Pointless to argue. Pointless for him to play the game considering he's already neck deep into negativity and still bother bashing a year old game.

Guys, remember when I said Mafia game community is really toxic that they would go far into most ridiculous thing possible just to bash Mafia 3? This is one is the prime example.
  • fashion and SmokesWithCigs like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by luisniko, 2 weeks ago.

>Sh**y car physics, unignorable graphics, few side missions, almost nothing to do, bad AI, doesn't feel like a mafia, peds die too easily, bad gun combat, worst gun sounds,  etc etc Do you have any answer for them?

Well, I don't know. 'Bad' like 'how bad'? Surely they aren't top notch. But they worked well.

Here I'll play along with you. Considering you feel like you know and experienced with the game from an old video that fueled by negativity and pretty much antagonizing the game, instead of asking me to explain, why don't you explain why and how those you mentioned are 'bad' to me and everyone else who have played the game thoroughly and fine with it?

Go ahead. Because it's really easy to call things 'bad' when you're already negative with something and still taking reference that is also negative, while explaining why they are bad are on whole another level.
  • fashion and Am Shaegar like this

Original Light
  • Original Light

You Float Like a Feather

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Original Light, 2 weeks ago.

I missed only some of the most trivial, tiny features. But it goes to show that these tiny features really do make a difference.

- Food (diners) 

- Car washes

- Refuel vehicles (and gas stations with a purpose/interior)

- Speed limiter and traffic laws. 

Those are the features that made Mafia different. Mafia III really departed from some of those roleplaying features, hence why it doesn't feel like Mafia. 

• Ivan1997GTA and Am Shaegar like this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago

The way they list things and talk is like template as the result of reposting the next guy's complaints. It's getting old. Pointless to argue. Pointless for him to play the game considering he's already neck deep into negativity and still bother bashing a year old game.

Guys, remember when I said Mafia game community is really toxic that they would go far into most ridiculous thing possible just to bash Mafia 3? This is one is the prime example.

and you aren't a "text book fanboy" ? 

learn to accept other peoples oppinion, yours are not better nor worst then the next guy.

and if we go to the 144 pages on this thread, the only thing "getting old" is you.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

and you aren't a "text book fanboy" ? 

learn to accept other peoples oppinion, yours are not better nor worst then the next guy.

and if we go to the 144 pages on this thread, the only thing "getting old" is you.

Perhaps you need to learn to read again.

As usual.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago

and another one of your posts bitching others dont agree with you... that is new /S

you just want to add post in here right ?

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by fashion, 2 weeks ago.

I don't want to interrupt, but we had a civil discussion going on before you suddenly attacked luisniko without even reading the posts :/

Opinions can be wrong, especially if Ethan Soner hasn't even played the game and claims M3 is trash because of an old glitch video he saw online. There's a line between constructive opinions and uninformed, ignorant claims. The situation would've been different if Ethan actually tried the game himself.

It's not even about defending Mafia 3 anymore so it seems to me you completely missed the point. The problem has nothing to do with fanboyism.
  • Mister Pink likes this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 2 weeks ago.

ive been in this thread watching and seen what he does over and over, and yes he is a blind fanboy. the game is a poor console port, the graphics are a blurred mess, the gameplay is weak, it repeats itself to a grind more then any MMORPG out there, and the AI if you can call it intelligent at all. the only good thing about the game is the story, falls way off on what Mafia is supposed to be

keep up the post whoring in the thread niko, got to keep those active posts up

Hit by Lightning
  • Hit by Lightning

ಠ_ಠ

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm pretty sure that some of New Bordeaux's citizens are running some kind of insurance fraud. This happens more often in the affluent areas. You know, seeing a black man driving a nice car and all that. 

My advice is that if you see them throwing themselves in front of your car is just run them over!

No mercy!  :lol:

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

ive been in this thread watching and seen what he does over and over, and yes he is a blind fanboy. the game is a poor console port, the graphics are a blurred mess, the gameplay is weak, it repeats itself to a grind more then any MMORPG out there, and the AI if you can call it intelligent at all. the only good thing about the game is the story, falls way off on what Mafia is supposed to be

keep up the post whoring in the thread niko, got to keep those active posts up

Look. Anytime you wanna find a way to attack me and claim me as something, it will boil down to one thing:

You need to read.

And that will still expanded depending on what kind of dumb thing you write in your post.

If you have problem with me personally for whatever reason you have, PM me. Maybe I'll entertain you there. Otherwise, get away of your computer screen, wash your negative head, and do things other than lurking in forums for a chance to attack someone.

Don't forget to apply everything in your posts to yourself and learn how to make a better argument.
  • Tigereyesxx likes this

Tigereyesxx
  • Tigereyesxx

Hand of Friendship or Fist of Enmity?.....

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Tigereyesxx, A week ago.

I dont give a f*ck what anyone says I enjoyed thie game ,have bought the season pass and am enjoying playing that. Lincoln is a great character, and I feel total empathy for a War hero treated like sh*t, the disgusting way black people were treated has been exposed to a younger generation. Ok, the game is fairly easy, but its far better than popular stupid climbing games, they created a great World and I love being there....(PS I am not black)..
  • Mister Pink, Hit by Lightning, SmokesWithCigs and 2 others like this

Original Light
  • Original Light

You Float Like a Feather

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Original Light, A week ago.

Just started the DLC's. "Faster Baby!" was a bit shorter than I had wanted. I'm working on the weed side missions while I do the Sign of the Times DLC, I'm saving Donovan's DLC for last. 

Otherwise, I did miss the game and I'm enjoying the DLC's. 

• Mister Pink, Tigereyesxx, Hit by Lightning and 1 other like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted A week ago Edited by Mister Pink, A week ago.

Just started the DLC's. "Faster Baby!" was a bit shorter than I had wanted. I'm working on the weed side missions while I do the Sign of the Times DLC, I'm saving Donovan's DLC for last. 

Otherwise, I did miss the game and I'm enjoying the DLC's. 

Just got them myself recently. Heard they were short so spacing them out a little. Haven't started the weed side missions yet though. Also saving Donovan's for last too. 

Was great to pick the game up after about a year or more and have the DLC's. When I originally put the game down I was only a mission or so away from the end. Was really satisfied with the final mission. I'm playing on hard and it did take me a while to take the Casino down. Also, for some reason I started the mission with no cash and barely any ammo so it was a nightmare trying to have enough ammo to take down the Marcano's crew. I had to rob the cash off the guys I was killing to save up to get my arms dealer out, lol. 

Really loved Faster, Baby. The new map area was brilliant. I've always wanted map expansion in an open-world game and It was great exploring it for the first time. Loved the mission where you had to sneak in to the police station. I wish Rockstar would get the finger out and make some decent stealth missions or missions where you can choose to go stealth instead of guns-blazing or both. 

The new map areas is amazing for police chases. Or role-playing as a serial killer picking up hitch-hikers, whacking them, putting them in the trunk and the throwing them in to a river :p

• Tigereyesxx, Hit by Lightning and Ivan1997GTA like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 hours ago

Interesting vid

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users