Photo

Mafia III

4,312 replies to this topic
Luna 51
  • Luna 51

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:19 PM

Even cleaned up all the trophies when everybody was saying so many of them are bugged. Guess I got pretty lucky in that regard.

I think they fixed them IIRC, only trophy that got glitched on me was Can't Trust a Rat.

The real glitched ones are from the first DLC, Danger Close and Trap Game Strong are glitched

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:53 PM

Been a while since I have touched this game. I bought it day one and I loved it regardless of a few glitches here and there.

• DimitriFaustin likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:11 AM

Never had any major glitches! Especially the one in those videos.

The only bug I've got so far is the Lieutenant mission keep appearing on the map and game crash which around 5 times. Lel.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:22 AM

The difference being that Mafia 2, while it had some technical difficulties, was at least playable. From what I've seen from Mafia 3 (I didn't waste my money on it) even basic stuff didn't work. So yeah, it's ''funny bloopers'' and ''sh*tty QA'' in my opinion. 

Stuff like this shouldn't be allowed to happen in games these days (and I hope it's been patched). It's okay to hold developers at a higher standard and criticize them if they can't reach that standard. As consumers you don't have to like everything game makers hand you.

You see? That is your problem. You never played the game, yet you believe and spread the word based on someone who encounter a bug who probably only happening once in their game and then claim basic stuff in the game to be not working.

What if I say I've logged in for 4 playthroughs and never had what the video shown? The game works well apart from mission icon bug and few game crashes and that's the truth.

Of course you can be critical. But don't do it when you can't even be fair to what you're criticizing first, because at the end of the day you won't be constructive.
  • quxxo and Tigereyesxx like this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:38 AM Edited by Matrelith, 16 July 2017 - 09:45 AM.

The difference being that Mafia 2, while it had some technical difficulties, was at least playable. From what I've seen from Mafia 3 (I didn't waste my money on it) even basic stuff didn't work. So yeah, it's ''funny bloopers'' and ''sh*tty QA'' in my opinion. 

Stuff like this shouldn't be allowed to happen in games these days (and I hope it's been patched). It's okay to hold developers at a higher standard and criticize them if they can't reach that standard. As consumers you don't have to like everything game makers hand you.

You see? That is your problem. You never played the game, yet you believe and spread the word based on someone who encounter a bug who probably only happening once in their game and then claim basic stuff in the game to be not working.

What if I say I've logged in for 4 playthroughs and never had what the video shown? The game works well apart from mission icon bug and few game crashes and that's the truth.

Of course you can be critical. But don't do it when you can't even be fair to what you're criticizing first, because at the end of the day you won't be constructive.

I'd say your experience may differ. But just because you didn't experience any problems with the game doesn't mean there aren't any.

You don't have to play the game to know that the game had multiple (major) issues. It's not just "someone who encountered a bug", the internet is literally full of people who had issues with this game, which sometimes even led to it becoming literally unplayable. Sure stuff has been patched now, but that doesn't change the fact they shipped a game in a horrible state. Blaming it on sh*tty QA is a logical conclusion. No developer with good QA would've shipped the game in that state.

Dexolux
  • Dexolux

Van Society Member and Lucid Inc. CEO

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:34 PM

One bug I experienced was in the Faster, Baby! DLC, the mission where you have to save the guy from the dump, everyone has it.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:50 AM

Completed Faster, Baby and Stones Unturned. Pretty fun, but not the best DLC I've ever seen. EFLC's spoiled me.;)

My favourite of the two would probably be Stones Unturned. Has a cool Nam vibe fighting mercenaries in the jungle.

It's a shame however they added Sinclair Parish, but there's really no reason to go back there. I was hoping for some races to unlock or something.

Way too brief to care about any of the new characters though IMO. I like the obscure and strange look of Sign Of The Times. Let's see how it pans out.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Since I'm not popular, I'll post on a video game forum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:32 AM

I came into some money, and just ran to Wal-Mart after work and bought myself another copy for cheap. It's installing to my XB1 as we speak.

I've gotta say, even with my lowered expectations, I'm pretty excited to dive back in. This time around, I'm going in aware of its flaws, and even though I'm going to balance it between my playthroughs of Assassin's Creed III, Ghost Recon: Wildlands and The Witcher 2, it won't have the disadvantage of being buried under other games in the 2016 holiday season (especially Watch Dogs 2, which pretty much beat up poor Mafia III and stole its lunch money when I got it, haha :p). And since I already bought the season pass, I have a bunch of new DLC waiting for me. :)

And something that literally just dawned on me... it's a '60s-set crime game about a Vietnam vet who comes home, suffers a personal loss and is out for revenge. It's not biker-themed, but Mafia III is basically Ride to Hell: The Version that Doesn't Suck. :D You might like Mafia III and you might not, but even if you don't, you've still got to admit that it is so much better than Ride to Hell... good god is that game a "masterpiece".

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:54 AM

I came into some money, and just ran to Wal-Mart after work and bought myself another copy for cheap. It's installing to my XB1 as we speak.

I've gotta say, even with my lowered expectations, I'm pretty excited to dive back in. This time around, I'm going in aware of its flaws, and even though I'm going to balance it between my playthroughs of Assassin's Creed III, Ghost Recon: Wildlands and The Witcher 2, it won't have the disadvantage of being buried under other games in the 2016 holiday season (especially Watch Dogs 2, which pretty much beat up poor Mafia III and stole its lunch money when I got it, haha :p). And since I already bought the season pass, I have a bunch of new DLC waiting for me. :)

And something that literally just dawned on me... it's a '60s-set crime game about a Vietnam vet who comes home, suffers a personal loss and is out for revenge. It's not biker-themed, but Mafia III is basically Ride to Hell: The Version that Doesn't Suck. :D You might like Mafia III and you might not, but even if you don't, you've still got to admit that it is so much better than Ride to Hell... good god is that game a "masterpiece".

To be honest I've always wanted to try that game just to see how bad it really is. It's more of a curiosity thing I guess, but yeah in Mafia III's favour it's a well done Vietnam period piece.:)

• Wu-Tang Forever likes this

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:58 AM

To be honest I've always wanted to try that game just to see how bad it really is. It's more of a curiosity thing I guess, but yeah in Mafia III's favour it's a well done Vietnam period piece. :)

Same here. I've gotta say, just watching footage of it in Angry Joe's review had me in stitches. "Uwe rawtin... SUN OV A... *BITCH*!"

"Jake. What the hell happened."

"AAAARGH."

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:03 AM

To be honest I've always wanted to try that game just to see how bad it really is. It's more of a curiosity thing I guess, but yeah in Mafia III's favour it's a well done Vietnam period piece. :)

Same here. I've gotta say, just watching footage of it in Angry Joe's review had me in stitches. "Uwe rawtin... SUN OV A... *BITCH*!"

"Jake. What the hell happened."

"AAAARGH."

lol.

That's what gave me the idea by watching Angry Joe's review. It's a shame it turned out so horrible. I remember long before it came out it was supposed to be open world which sounded awesome on paper. Like a 60s alternative to TLAD.

To be fair whilst Mafia III has some inexcusable bugs and glitches it's still playable compared to some of the horrendous things in Ride To Hell.:lol:

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:30 AM

Really, I'd love to see someone else with more development skills and a bigger budget take a stab at Ride to Hell, or the basic concept anyway. That concept could make an amazing game, but the execution... oh my god.

Anyway I just threw Mafia III in for a quick spin before going to bed, and found that I still had my save file, so I loaded it up. And oh my GOD I was so pleased to find that they've added the option to turn the damn rearview mirror and speedometer off. The option should have been there to begin with, sure, but I'm so glad they got around to it. It makes driving around so much more enjoyable without that unnecessary junk cluttering up the screen. The rearview mirror looked like crap anyway and the speedometer really served no purpose, since cops no longer pull you over for speeding. Their removal alone bumps the game up a couple notches for me, because damn they used to bug me :p

• Algonquin Assassin, HaythamKenway, SmokesWithCigs and 1 other like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:34 PM

That's the first thing I done also was to turn off the rear view mirror and speedometer. Definitely less cluttered and easier on the eyes.

• Wu-Tang Forever and Ivan1997GTA like this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:05 PM

Really, I'd love to see someone else with more development skills and a bigger budget take a stab at Ride to Hell, or the basic concept anyway. That concept could make an amazing game, but the execution... oh my god.

Anyway I just threw Mafia III in for a quick spin before going to bed, and found that I still had my save file, so I loaded it up. And oh my GOD I was so pleased to find that they've added the option to turn the damn rearview mirror and speedometer off. The option should have been there to begin with, sure, but I'm so glad they got around to it. It makes driving around so much more enjoyable without that unnecessary junk cluttering up the screen. The rearview mirror looked like crap anyway and the speedometer really served no purpose, since cops no longer pull you over for speeding. Their removal alone bumps the game up a couple notches for me, because damn they used to bug me :p

I just watched a review for ride to hell. It's a pity because the premise was there but they failed on the execution.
  • Algonquin Assassin and Wu-Tang Forever like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:59 AM

Wow. Bounty hunting was an epic fail. 3 all up and you don't even get paid for it.:/

Herbalism's atleast somewhat fun and good for making easy money early on, but bounty hunting's sh*t. Even worse than GTA V's.

Dexolux
  • Dexolux

Van Society Member and Lucid Inc. CEO

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:19 PM

Wow. Bounty hunting was an epic fail. 3 all up and you don't even get paid for it. :/

Herbalism's atleast somewhat fun and good for making easy money early on, but bounty hunting's sh*t. Even worse than GTA V's.

I only played one mission of bounty hunting, it wasn't that bad, but I assume it's ripetitive. I loved herbalism but I only played with it for a small time 'cause after I finished the game I stopped playing it

Brown Sugar
  • Brown Sugar

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:33 PM

Has anybody else on pc experienced their computer completely shutting down while playing this game? It runs fine for about 30 minutes then my pc just cuts out, I've read that it's most likely a hardware fault related to the psu but this doesn't happen with any other game I play, my psu is only about 2 years old and 750W so it should be capable of running the game.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:08 PM

lol i wouldve gave you my copy

Tigereyesxx
  • Tigereyesxx

Hand of Friendship or Fist of Enmity?.....

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:18 PM

This game has the violence of Manhunt, great atmosphere, and the balls to tell the godawful truth about the racism prevalent in the US at that time. Great open world, outstanding music ,fine graphics , whats not to like? 4Stars minimum, i just don't get the criticism it gets. I have played every worthwhile game in the last 10 years and its up there....
  • Wu-Tang Forever, SmokesWithCigs and Ivan1997GTA like this

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:13 AM

I started up my new playthrough today and got through the whole prologue, up to the first meeting with Donovan. 

I've gotta say, this game makes a killer first impression. It's excellent from both a gameplay and story perspective, and does a great job of slowly and gently easing you into the gameplay and story, all while offering up enough action so that it doesn't get boring on repeat playthroughs. There are also some cool little details I didn't notice the first go around. I completely missed that at the very beginning, you could execute the hostage and then dump both him and the already-dead body on the floor into the nearby swamp to feed the alligators (there's even a cute little "feed a gator two chickens for 75 cents" sign where you can do it, haha). And the base gameplay - shooting, stealth, driving - are as solid as ever.

The graphics don't even bug me as much as they used to. Honestly, I think the main problem is the lighting. The character models, vehicles, environments etc. all look pretty great, with nice detail and fluid animation, but the lighting lets it down when it gets all f*cky at times. The reflections off the cars look kinda crummy too, but pretty minor in the grand scheme of things, and there are times when the game looks great. I've never been a major graphics snob anyway so I dunno, those minor annoyances aside I'm thinking it looks okay.

The story's shining even more this time around too, and I actually got this really depressed and anxious feeling playing the prologue, just knowing how things were going to turn out. And the acting is just outstanding. Father James' actor in particular just gives a heartbreaking performance.

I know the game gives into that repetitive framework after this prologue, but it'll probably go down easier for me this time around with more tempered expectations, and I'm much more invested into the game this time around. Maybe it's because of those lowered expectations, or maybe it's because I have the DLC stuff like races to distract from the empire building, but I'm hungry for Lincoln to get his revenge and see what kinds of adventures and scrapes he and his crew get into a little later into the game.

• Mister Pink, HaythamKenway, Tigereyesxx and 1 other like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:49 AM

Holey Fawdge

Mafia3_Sign_of_the_Times_Screenshot_25_(

• Mister Pink, Algonquin Assassin, Wu-Tang Forever and 4 others like this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:20 PM

How much would a physical copy cost now? My digital game is screwed up because of a corrupt file and it won't save.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:28 PM

How much would a physical copy cost now? My digital game is screwed up because of a corrupt file and it won't save.

How about a redownload? Is the savegame corrupted or the game itself?

Used copy costs 20-25 euros where I live.

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:02 PM

How about a redownload? Is the savegame corrupted or the game itself?
Used copy costs 20-25 euros where I live.
Yep I tried the redownload and I also started a new game but it still started me from where I last saved. I can't figure out how the game was corrupted. This happened after I downloaded stones unturned I hope it will be fixed with the next patch. Amazon has used physical copies for 4.99 us

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:38 AM

Now I've played up to around the point where I lost interest the first time around. And yeah, it's still kinda repetitive this time around. But you know what? I don't care. Because I'm finding the story and atmosphere so great, and the gameplay itself so rock-solid and fun, that I'm not letting the repetition phase me too much. Especially since you're generally given the freedom to tackle any given task however you like - guns blazing vs. stealth, snipe enemies from afar or go in and do stealth kills, etc. I'm still not that far into the game so the repetition might get to me later on, but right now I'm noticing it and it's not bothering me. So far, so good. And the main story missions are great. That one in Baron Saturday's, oh my god. I'm a sucker for creepy amusement park settings (see also: the Hall of Heroes in BioShock: Infinite), and this one is just so twisted in that it combines the creepiness of an abandoned fun park with some really disgusting racist stereotypes (again, I got major Hall of Heroes vibes).

Also, I'm thinking most of the graphical issues/lighting wonkiness were patched at one point, because unless I've just got a sh*t memory, it looks nowhere near as bad as I remember. I remember trees in the distance (mainly in the swamps) having this ugly orange halo effect, but I haven't noticed it once this go around. Haven't had any issues with hideously bright interiors, either. There are still some little graphical kinks (sometimes during sunny days, Lincoln almost looks cel-shaded, haha) and weird weather effects like sudden and brief downpours of rain, but I dunno, overall it's looking pretty decent. I've even enjoyed some times, while driving on the highways from the bayou to the city, where the skybox and lighting all came together to look gorgeous. 

So yeah, it's still not perfect, but neither was Mafia II - I really like that game, and so far, I'm really liking Mafia III too the second time around. I'm so glad I decided to give this game another chance. :)

• Mister Pink, Algonquin Assassin, HaythamKenway and 3 others like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:45 AM

Just heads up. New update has been started several hours ago. 9GB on PS4. I'm downloading unusually reaaaal slow for some reason. It's been downloading for I don't know how many hours.

And they tweeted we got 3 new costumes this time. One of them is called 'Motorcycle Club'. That's real funny.

'Motorcycle'. Lmao.
  • Wu-Tang Forever, Ivan1997GTA and MrBellicLC like this

Luna 51
  • Luna 51

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:35 AM

Finished up Sign of the Times, don't know if it's just me but it felt longer than FB! and SU (Maybe slightly, but idk).

Now that all 3 DLC's are out I finally cleaned up for 100% of the trophies once and for all, will probably do 1 last playthrough before I uninstall since I doubt they'll have anymore updates to the game.

Spoiler
  • MrBellicLC likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:55 AM

Lol I just started. This DLC is CSI New Bordeaux.

New stuff:
- Black-something Assault Rifle. The silhouette looks like AK47
- Throwing Knife
- Harrow (looks like a modified Hearse) and Hotrod
- 2 new decals
- 3 new outfit

Tbh, I think this DLC best played during when you're early or just started. Otherwise it would be so freaking weird.
  • MrBellicLC likes this

Luna 51
  • Luna 51

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:07 AM

This DLC is CSI New Bordeaux.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt like that, especially when I was playing in the Classico outfit the entire time

Have yet to check out the decals and such was too busy with getting money with races to upgrade because I played it on a new save I started yesterday and didn't even know about the new AK

2 bugs:
-Randomly pedestrains get out of their car and running away scared when I'm not even doing anything
-When I started a race, I barely could accelerate my car and not even doing anything even after I ended the race, called in the same vehicle, started the race, same thing, but called in a different and everything was normal.

SabreGT
  • SabreGT

And the winner by knockout is...!

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:07 AM

Just started Sign of the Times and my first impressions are...Lincoln Clay = black Cole Phelps. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users