Mafia III

4,089 replies to this topic
Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Facade Corporation
  • Russia

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:46 AM

I removed the file and reinstalled but no luck it just reloaded were I last saved at. if you want to play the dlc again you'll have to start a new game. I wont though because I've already had two sitdowns and I have 5 more districts to complete i'll just wait for the other two dlcs to drop before I play again.

I hope by then there'll be an option to replay missions and DLCs.

• Mister Pink and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Mister Pink, 3 weeks ago.

I had to laugh at the disclaimer at the start 'we are not racist...etc etc' 

Played the demo and what I saw wasn't too bad but it's so unpolished.....

Maybe if they focused on making a much better game instead of appealing to the snowflakes? 

The manginas have taken over once again.......

:lol:

Yeah I heard that argument before but you haven't really played it because it's not an SJW game like some people strangely seem to think. Just like San Andreas wasn't a game that appealed to snowflakes either. It's just a game with a mixed-race protag set during very racial times. 

So what you gathered was, ditch the references to what was going on socially at the time to spend time polishing it? Hmm. OK. :p

I never actually finished this game. Dying to pick it up again and finish it. 

This video makes me want to play again so bad, lol

• El Diablo, FriendlyFireOFF, SmokesWithCigs and 3 others like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Cyuu cyuu

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Even a disclaimer that notes that this is a fictional work taking place in a tense era irritates people.

One day our grandchildren will play video games with disclaimer that says "this is a fictional work that took place in a tense era where people were easily irritated, offended, and angered over petty reasons, such as a disclaimer in video games."
  • Mister Pink, SmokesWithCigs, Ivan1997GTA and 2 others like this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago

San Andreas wasn't really all that accurate. Racism isn't really depicted in GTA games in general. It's only hinted at somewhat in parodies on radio stations.

Mafia 3 clearly went the realism route in terms of story. GTA is more of a parody of American culture. The thing I didn't like about Mafia's story was that they made it too movie like. Believe me or not, the cutscenes bored me to death to the point that I barely paid any attention. Mafia 2 was similar in this regard but 3 is way worse. I don't have a problem per se with lengthy cutscenes as long as there's some humor in them or interesting details about characters and stuff but the story in Mafia was hardly that interesting. If you go the movie route then maybe hire actual movie writers instead of making a mediocre movie script.

Gameplay wise it's a little stale after a while. It's still not quite an open world game, at least not in the same category as GTA. There's just not that much stuff to do other than missions. Main character is cool and all but the other characters are forgettable (yeah, even Vito; he wasn't that great in Mafia 2 either).
  • Mister Pink, Ivan1997GTA, LincolnClay and 1 other like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Cyuu cyuu

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I wish they could just drop the rest of the DLC consecutively so I can finish them and sell this game away.

The vehicle customisation was falsely advertised with civilian cars we can't even keep, let alone customise.

There's nothing to do or fight for after story has been finished. It's like living happy ever after; no conflict whatsoever. How nice.

The previous DLC kinda did good with Herbalism. I like it when I'm participating in the business, BUT it's bunch of a whole lot waiting game that makes me leaving the game on for 20-45 minutes while doing something else. Besides, it's another earning with nothing to spend on.

Racing is out of question thanks to their horrible rubberbanding. It's way too trivial and infuriating to play.

If their vision of gameplay is to keep replaying the playthrough in order to 'play', then I guess I'm done with 4 playthroughs. This game just sits there with exactly nothing to come back and play .

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

News on Stone Unturned tomorrow

luisniko
  • luisniko

Cyuu cyuu

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

That news was 20 hours ago. 

The tomorrow is almost ending already. lmao.

FriendlyFireOFF
  • FriendlyFireOFF

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by FriendlyFireOFF, 3 weeks ago.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Snoopbr likes this

Adrian J.
  • Adrian J.

RIP Chris

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I wish they could just drop the rest of the DLC consecutively so I can finish them and sell this game away.

The vehicle customisation was falsely advertised with civilian cars we can't even keep, let alone customise.

There's nothing to do or fight for after story has been finished. It's like living happy ever after; no conflict whatsoever. How nice.

The previous DLC kinda did good with Herbalism. I like it when I'm participating in the business, BUT it's bunch of a whole lot waiting game that makes me leaving the game on for 20-45 minutes while doing something else. Besides, it's another earning with nothing to spend on.

Racing is out of question thanks to their horrible rubberbanding. It's way too trivial and infuriating to play.

If their vision of gameplay is to keep replaying the playthrough in order to 'play', then I guess I'm done with 4 playthroughs. This game just sits there with exactly nothing to come back and play .

I was saying those things day 1, took you a while but I see you turned around hehe... ehhhh.

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

San Andreas wasn't really all that accurate. Racism isn't really depicted in GTA games in general. It's only hinted at somewhat in parodies on radio stations.

Mafia 3 clearly went the realism route in terms of story. GTA is more of a parody of American culture. The thing I didn't like about Mafia's story was that they made it too movie like. Believe me or not, the cutscenes bored me to death to the point that I barely paid any attention. Mafia 2 was similar in this regard but 3 is way worse. I don't have a problem per se with lengthy cutscenes as long as there's some humor in them or interesting details about characters and stuff but the story in Mafia was hardly that interesting. If you go the movie route then maybe hire actual movie writers instead of making a mediocre movie script.

Gameplay wise it's a little stale after a while. It's still not quite an open world game, at least not in the same category as GTA. There's just not that much stuff to do other than missions. Main character is cool and all but the other characters are forgettable (yeah, even Vito; he wasn't that great in Mafia 2 either).

everybody is a critic. most of the time the critics don't know jack.
i'll wait until july for the last dlc to drop. I started a second playthrough. I've already been through two sit downs and i'm running the grow house. by the time the last dlc drops in july i'll have a new game to play. if I knew faster baby was going to be so short I would've waited on that one also. i'm with luis niko I wish they would drop the last two together so I wont have to wait. I still think its a great game.

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Playa

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

never beat this game because I got too bored later on

• HoleInTheSky and FriendlyFireOFF like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Cyuu cyuu

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I was saying those things day 1, took you a while but I see you turned around hehe... ehhhh.

My view about the game is still the same. I've always had problem with the way they handle the end game.

You people should remove your hate glasses when reading fair comments. That will change you a lot as well as prevent you from acting lame like those in the Mafia3 hate bandwagon.

This game by far has the worst toxic and vicious community I've ever seen, complete with pathetic behavior and personality that I'd never imagine to see it coming from a video game community.
  • ClaudeSpeed1911, SmokesWithCigs, DimitriFaustin and 1 other like this

Vinewood Villain
  • Vinewood Villain

Red Dead III in the making

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Haven't been on the forum in like a year, thought I'd check in on the Mafia thread.

I probably love this game more than I should because it scratches so many of my niches, particularly the car physics. I sorta look at this game as GTA 4's little brother, of course GTA enjoyed a much higher budget and production team.

The way the cars control, it feels like they were ripped directly from the film strip of a 1970's cop chase movie. I get Blues Brothers vibes when I'm escaping the cops in my V8. They feel heavy, like big metal tubs. The collision detection is also great for wrecking your car. You feel every crash being absorbed. And the springy suspension physics are just eye candy. The team that programmed the car physics REALLY did their research to capture the look and feel of old school car chases. The best driving mechanics I've played in a video game.
  • Claude4Catalina and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

Adrian J.
  • Adrian J.

RIP Chris

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

This game by far has the worst toxic and vicious community I've ever seen, complete with pathetic behavior and personality

Have you ever played Dead Or Alive 5 or any COD game? This doesn't even come close

luisniko
  • luisniko

Cyuu cyuu

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by luisniko, 3 weeks ago.

This game by far has the worst toxic and vicious community I've ever seen, complete with pathetic behavior and personality

Have you ever played Dead Or Alive 5 or any COD game? This doesn't even come close

I love DOA5 and the community toxic level is way much lower when compared to other games I've played.

Only in Mafia 3 community I can see someone still hating the game 6 months after release and diligently bashing it in official forums and social media pages. Someone even created 'Stop Hangar13' or something on Twitter. Talking about having no life and ability to move on.

• ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

Vinewood Villain
  • Vinewood Villain

Red Dead III in the making

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Vinewood Villain, 3 weeks ago.

Uhh, guys. Fallout community? By far the most toxic. Nearly two years later and they won't stop bitching about how much Fallout 4 sucks and how there are no RPG values to it.

Mafia 3 community is barely alive, it didn't have much longevity for most people. Trust me Fallout fans are the worst. Have you heard of No Mutants Allowed?

edit: gamers in general are just f*cking whiny. You never see movie fans or from any other medium this passionate and bitchy over a source of entertainment.
  • SmokesWithCigs and DimitriFaustin like this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by BLOOD, 3 weeks ago.

Is the game really open-world in the main sense?

fashion
  • fashion

No More Slots

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yes and no, but more no than yes if that makes sense. Probably doesn't.

If you want to explore the map to find interesting things, have fun in the world between missions, have a lot of things to do, do sh*t for hours once you finished the game, do interesding things for hours and basically play it like GTA then no.

There's an open map but the world feels stiff and dead. Cop shootouts aren't really fun. Side quests are repetitive (and just plain bad mostly). Most players found themselves simply going from mission to mission. The story and cutscenes are incredible, I give them that. I'm glad I've played this game but if you're looking for that awesome open world experience then you won't find it here.
  • Mister Pink and Ivan1997GTA like this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

Cutscenes are made kinda meh by the fact that they are pre-rendered (well, mostly). I think the clothes were added later as a feature.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Mister Pink, 2 weeks ago.

More than Mafia II. The idea of taking over territory was linked to the main story is things to do outside the story. So, more action, taking over gang hideouts etc. It's repetitive but it also gives you access to unique places, interiors etc. Also, if you like gun play, action, infiltrating places and killing baddies, the repetitiveness, isn't much of a chore. Afterall, it's about taking down your enemies and that's precisely what you are doing from a gameplay perspective. They could have continued on in the tradition of Mafia and just went from one story chapter right in to the next and completed the game in a day or two. Instead, you slowly but surely dismantle established Mafia, upgrading your abilities as you give control back your allies. 

So, it's not really open-world like GTA. I mean people will always find their fun things to do outside of the story if they can. 

• El Diablo, SmokesWithCigs, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

dot.Error
  • dot.Error

Antagonist

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by dot.Error, 2 weeks ago.

Something interesting I read on official Mafia III site about Stones Unturned:

We won’t spoil too much, but as you’re chasing down clues, you’ll explore new locations within New Bordeaux city limits – a department store, restaurant and safe house

So new interiors? That's awesome, but they need to add more interactions inside of them.

• Mister Pink likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Cyuu cyuu

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Something interesting I read on official Mafia III site about Stones Unturned:

We wont spoil too much, but as youre chasing down clues, youll explore new locations within New Bordeaux city limits a department store, restaurant and safe house

So new interiors? That's awesome, but they need to add more interactions inside of them.

There are so many interiors in this game that is left unused. I don't think they even need to create a new one for a few missions.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Cyuu cyuu

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Uhh, guys. Fallout community? By far the most toxic. Nearly two years later and they won't stop bitching about how much Fallout 4 sucks and how there are no RPG values to it.

Mafia 3 community is barely alive, it didn't have much longevity for most people. Trust me Fallout fans are the worst.

2k forums and Mafia3 Twitter are beyond pointless right now due to constant bitching and people literally reside there just to bitch and insult the dev.

So yes, Mafia3 community is #1 worst for me. Followed by The Division, Fallout 4, Ghost Recon Wildlands (moving up fast), and Soulsborne.
  • DimitriFaustin likes this

dot.Error
  • dot.Error

Antagonist

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by dot.Error, 2 weeks ago.

Mafia 3 community is barely alive, it didn't have much longevity for most people. Trust me Fallout fans are the worst.

2k forums and Mafia3 Twitter are beyond pointless right now due to constant bitching and people literally reside there just to bitch and insult the dev.

So yes, Mafia3 community is #1 worst for me. Followed by The Division, Fallout 4, Ghost Recon Wildlands (moving up fast), and Soulsborne.

I have to say Mafia III has really great community managers. Even though everyone is negative about Mafia they continue talking to people on Reddit, they are very active on Facebook and over on Twitter, YouTube comments, Steam Community, literally everywhere. They even sometimes answer some of those negative comments on Facebook.

• Claude4Catalina likes this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 2 weeks ago.

I have to say Mafia III has really great community managers. Even though everyone is negative about Mafia they continue talking to people on Reddit, they are very active on Facebook and over on Twitter, YouTube comments, Steam Community, literally everywhere. They even sometimes answer some of those negative comments on Facebook.

This is what is giving me hopes when the next Mafia comes, It will surely have more mission focus and less rackets. I wouldn't mind if they made Mafia 4 by building on Mafia 3 and fixing what people didn't like and having more original missions. I would also like if they brought back the details from M1 and 2.

• Mister Pink, Ivan1997GTA and dot.Error like this

dot.Error
  • dot.Error

Antagonist

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by dot.Error, A week ago.

I just bought Mafia III collectors edition for really great price (40 eur) at German Amazon. It even includes season pass! This game is pretty cheap these days.

dot.Error
  • dot.Error

Antagonist

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by dot.Error, A week ago.

Some new info from Mafia's twitter:

New character Robert Marshall:

https://twitter.com/...872907951947776

New interiors within New Bordeaoux:

C_9PcixU0AA6q1W.jpg

https://twitter.com/...497013055823872

There's a rumour of interactable shops and restaurants.

• luisniko likes this

R3D-RAB1T
  • R3D-RAB1T

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by R3D-RAB1T, A week ago.

I loved mafia 3, sure the game was missing somethings and had some problems but if certain gamers wernt so damn impatient the games might actually be finished.

What i liked from mafia 3

1 - soundtrack, the score and licenced tracks are the best, the in game score reminds me of spec ops the line soundtrack and im a 60s fan
2 - the way the story was told, i loved the documentary style story telling, its different from your average story telling in games
3 - combat, i like that the enemies feel week since you play as a former soldier but they can still over power you if your not careful

What couldve been in game

1 - things like eating in a dinner and causing white people to flip if you went to eat if in a white only diner
2 - weapon customization, adding scopes silencers like you can in gta v
3 - driving, i see and like what they were trying to do with the driving as a hollywood stuntman but it just didnt feel right but i like the idea
4 - lincolns customization, i love his combat jacket and his other outfits like the denim jacket and mafia style outfit but it wouldve been cool to mix and match his outfits like have the field helmet with a tshirt aviators and blue jeans

Over all i loved mafia 3 it just needed alittle more work and time to be finished
  • DimitriFaustin likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Cyuu cyuu

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I feel that this game was produced with low budget and made to be some kind of testing ground to gain consumer's views on different things.

Remembering that this game is owned by 2K and 2K is part of Take2 and by that, we're talking about the giant who owns GTA, RDR, Borderlands, NBA Game, etc. They could sacrifice one game to create another monstrous game in the future for sure.

After all, they've written several bullsh*t and vagueness in their ads so far, just like R* been doing with GTAV and Online.

User feedback and suggestion seem to not working as well. I'm not saying that they should grant everything tomorrow; I'm not that kind of user. But among all the suggestions posted (in online medias), including stuff like 'Turn off HUD' and all they picked were "throwing grenade off the window" and "slow mo driving"? I literally have never read those suggestion being posted even.

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Megalopolis Megalomaniac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by DimitriFaustin, A week ago.

I had just completed Mafia III about two weeks ago, and I must say (at the risk of being viewed as a pariah) that it's one of the greatest video games I've ever played.

I really don't think any of the GTA plots and characters to be honest hold a candle to the larger-than-life ensemble ever present in New Bordeaux. There was not one

character that did not fit the mold of the intense period that was the late 1960s in the American South. I found Lincoln Clay, Father James, John Donovan, Thomas Burke,

Cassandra, etc. to be some of the most honestly crafted and relatable characters ever. Even Vito had a better performance in III than as the protagonist in II considering that

his actor did a really fine job as well in II.

In a weird way, it sure seems as if not much has changed from the 1968 depicted in Mafia III compared to nowadays in 2017. It seems that in many ways people have become

more prejudiced to anything that doesn't resonate with them, and people like Hangar 13 and company are somehow still viewed as people who "had a lot of guts" to make a work

of art that not only is beautiful, but honestly should have been made a long time ago. Everything Father James says completely relates to nowadays, and I really wish more people

were like him in this world.

I honestly will never, ever get the hate behind this game. Hating a game like this feels really criminal to me. Mafia III ranks with GTA 2 and a few other games I've played as my all-time

favourites. The story and characters, driving system, vehicles, weapon and combat systems and playfield are unrivaled. I regret nothing I've said here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users