Mafia III

4,193 replies to this topic
Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • European-Union
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:02 AM Edited by Raavi, 13 hours ago.

Posted Image

Official Website

Pre-order bonus - Family Kick-Back: 3 exclusive vehicles and weapons
Posted Image

Mafia III Screenshots

Spoiler

It’s 1968 and after years of combat in Vietnam, Lincoln Clay knows this truth: family isn’t who you’re born with, it’s who you die for. Now back home in New Bordeaux, Lincoln is set on escaping a criminal past. But when his surrogate family, the black mob, is betrayed and wiped out by the Italian Mafia, Lincoln builds a new family on the ashes of the old and blazes a path of military-grade revenge through those responsible. Intense gun fights, visceral hand-to-hand combat, white knuckle driving and street smarts will all be needed. But with the right crew, tough decisions and some dirty hands, it’s possible to make it to the top of the city's underworld.

• NEW BORDEAUX, A REIMAGINED 1968 NEW ORLEANS: A vast, diverse and seedy open world ruled by the mob and corrupt officials and richly detailed with the sights, sounds and emotionally-charged social atmosphere of the era.
  • AN UNINTENDED AND LETHAL ANTI-HERO: Be Lincoln Clay, an orphan and Vietnam veteran hell bent on revenge against the Italian Mafia for the brutal slaughter of the black mob, the closest thing to family he’s ever had.
  • REVENGE YOUR WAY: Choose your own personal play-style, from brute force and blazing guns to stalk-and-kill tactics as you use Lincoln’s military training and gathered intel to tear down the Italian Mafia.
  • A NEW FAMILY ON THE ASHES OF THE OLD: Build a new criminal empire in your own unique way by deciding which of your lieutenants you reward, and which you betray…

Updated May 3rd, 2016

Anybody else having issue with the same game getting corrupted?

This is the third time now that my game save has been corrupted and i had to start all over again with the bank heist

• Davve95 and Blue like this

JeffreyDahmer
  • JeffreyDahmer

Dan Houser Is God

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:28 AM

i would like to Free roam after the Story is Beat As Much as i loved Mafia 2 it was a silly Decision especially with Empire Bay being a Great Location. 

• Rented, PkUnzipper, DMC14 and 1 other like this

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

I love the Mafia series and I would be happy with whatever they decide to do with Mafia 3, but I agree with both of you though - more things to do, and free roam would be much appreciated (even though there was free roam on the pc version, but with the help of a mod. There was still absolutely nothing to do while in free roam mode though, unlike Mafia 1 where you could search for and unlock special vehicles). Also, a less linear story and gameplay would be awesome, and the world should be more interactive. Loved the trains and trams in Mafia 1, so it would be nice if stuff like that made a return.
  • CptAngel likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:46 AM

I would like to see much more free roaming in the next Mafia game. Mafia 2 was good while it lasted but was essentially a linear 3PS with driving. Sure it had the open world map but it wasn't really a true open world game. There was absolutely nothing to do outside of the main chapters. It really was frustrating because when I first saw it being advertised I had hoped it would be a GTA style game set in the 50s but it really wasn't similar to GTA at all.

In terms of setting I am actually digging the New Orleans setting that is being hinted at with all of the leaked casting calls. Prohibition era Chicago would be interesting as well but that was kind of done already in Mafia 1. But it would still be nice to return.  

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:02 PM Edited by iNero, 07 January 2015 - 06:08 PM.

Looks like we could have an announcement "very soon".

https://twitter.com/...66/with_replies

Together with the listing on play-asia last month and the voice actor search a few months back, this could be more than legit.

Mafia-III-One-PS41-600x361.jpg

http://www.vgleaks.c...ne-by-play-asia

• Apex., Mega, Shaundi. and 6 others like this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:10 PM

So they are going to continue where they left off? Good. I want to know what the f*ck happened. If you followed Mafia 2 all the way, you'll know what I'm talking about.

• Street Mix, Irviding, Verdant and 13 others like this

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:13 PM

since I had to reinstall windows a few times, I never could complete it. Still want to though.

Mega
  • Mega

Probably doing something not very productive

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:48 PM

YES!

I really hope it's a direct sequel like the Half Life 2 games. Can't wait, first GTA V, then Just Cause 3, then Batman Arkham Knight (not really relevant) and now Mafia 3! How could this year have better news and games?

This year is promising!

• lh1 and Z i X like this

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:52 PM

YES!

I really hope it's a direct sequel like the Half Life 2 games. Can't wait, first GTA V, then Just Cause 3, then Batman Arkham Knight (not really relevant) and now Mafia 3! How could this year have better news and games?

This year is promising!

Yes this year is awesome for gaming, because it's the real start of PS4/X1 era

Mega
  • Mega

Probably doing something not very productive

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:00 PM

YES!

This year is promising!

Yes this year is awesome for gaming, because it's the real start of PS4/X1 era

To be honest, for me the only thing good on that is more games, specially for PC now that this gen is presumably easier to make multiple versions of games. I just hope all of these don't release on last gen to be limited severely.

• lh1 likes this

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:06 PM

I really hope it's set in New Orleans, after AC Liberation rendition of 18th Century New Orleans, I just want more games to set there.

miku47385
  • miku47385

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:08 PM

Cool. I love the MAFIA games. Can't wait for this one.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:11 PM

Never played Mafia I, heard it was really good though and is kind of a classic. Well, Mafia II was okay from what I can recall. The shooting mechanics were lame, I guess, and the handling of cars wasn't that cool either...nevertheless it was a game I played for hours, and the story was aight. After GTA V I will never enjoy any car handling and get that driving feeling, but I could try at least. I might check it out, on PC. demo version. If I like what I see I might just buy the thing.

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:14 PM Edited by Frantz Fuchs, 07 January 2015 - 07:14 PM.

Excellent news. Mafia 2 was so good. I especially loved the dlc.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:15 PM

Shooting Mechanics were better than in GTA4 and even GTA5 if you ask me. At least on PC. Also the movement wasnt as bulky as in GTA 4 & 5.
  • lh1, B Dawg, Th3MaN1 and 1 other like this

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:27 PM

Shooting Mechanics were better than in GTA4 and even GTA5 if you ask me. At least on PC. Also the movement wasnt as bulky as in GTA 4 & 5.

It's actually true, then again I played GTA IV and MAFIA II on PC. With that, I am really nervous since this will likely be my first MAFIA on a console.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

I Do Want To Set The World On Fire!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:41 PM

The shooting mechanics were lame, I guess, and the handling of cars wasn't that cool either...

Jacob, you've been smoking too much.

• Cameron likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:45 PM

this is good news.

Mafia 1 is a total classic and I actually really enjoyed Mafia 2 even though they got rid of the free-roam concept.

but they also used free-roam heavily for the M2 DLC's which were great fun and actually pretty lengthy as DLC goes nowadays. I played them both for awhile and went back more than once.

I'm all-in for Mafia 3.

M1 was basically Chicago while M2 was more or less New York City. I wonder where they would go for M3?

• lh1 likes this

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:51 PM

this is good news.

Mafia 1 is a total classic and I actually really enjoyed Mafia 2 even though they got rid of the free-roam concept.

but they also used free-roam heavily for the M2 DLC's which were great fun and actually pretty lengthy as DLC goes nowadays. I played them both for awhile and went back more than once.

I'm all-in for Mafia 3.

M1 was basically Chicago while M2 was more or less New York City. I wonder where they would go for M3?

It is possible to be New Orleans.

• El Diablo likes this

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:18 PM

does this mean Vito is going to return as protagonist?

i remember hearing a rumour that they were going to do the 3 protagonist route like gta 5 a few months ago

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:33 PM

Awesome, I want to know what I happens. and I really really really hope they haven't casualised the driving like GTAV did. Forcing me to use lame driving is boring, Mafia 2's driving options were how things should be done.

Hopefully we can use manual transmission, camera movement isn't important since you don't really use drive-by in Mafia. A bit more open-world would be nice too. Seeing those hotrods in Mafia 2 made me wish I could buy one and do some races in them.

And this time, PS owners will get to experience the euphoria of 3d grass blades and cloth physics :DDDD

Android
  • Android

gas exists

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:37 PM

I loved Mafia II and everything about it. I hope another one comes along this year.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

I Do Want To Set The World On Fire!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:40 PM

And this time, PS owners will get to experience the euphoria of 3d grass blades and cloth physics :DDDD

I hope they introduce the option to mow the lawns for nostalgia purposes :lol:

• Stormingz and SeberHusky like this

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:47 PM

So they are going to continue where they left off? Good. I want to know what the f*ck happened. If you followed Mafia 2 all the way, you'll know what I'm talking about.

I was playing that the other night and i ended up having an issue with the game on Steam so i closed it down and tried to reopen it and it wouldn't just kept freezing so i finally decided to just uninstall it and reinstall it and kept on playing...

Too my horror i lost my save and it sent me back to the very beginning, I had already played the game once before but i was so mad

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:06 AM

Never played Mafia I, heard it was really good though and is kind of a classic. Well, Mafia II was okay from what I can recall. The shooting mechanics were lame, I guess, and the handling of cars wasn't that cool either...nevertheless it was a game I played for hours, and the story was aight. After GTA V I will never enjoy any car handling and get that driving feeling, but I could try at least. I might check it out, on PC. demo version. If I like what I see I might just buy the thing.

So pretty much with GTA V driving you've been babied and can't get used anything else? That's sad. :/

I am so psyched for this, so f*cking psyched. Even I thought I owned the Playstation 3 version of Mafia 2, with all it's flaws I still loved it.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:38 AM

Vito or no Vito?

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:54 AM

Vito or no Vito?

I hope they give him a small cameo

Spoiler

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:20 AM

Great news. I loved both Mafia games, I hope they include more free roam in the new one, maybe the option to purchase cars like mentioned above.

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:17 AM Edited by Wayne Daniels, 08 January 2015 - 03:18 AM.

Great news. I loved both Mafia games, I hope they include more free roam in the new one, maybe the option to purchase cars like mentioned above.

I think they should keep it linear. If you mean the option to free roam AFTER the story? Then yes. But I don't want there main focus to be "the biggest map we've ever created" ect. Even though it won't be, they've never been like that.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:37 AM

I think they should keep it linear. If you mean the option to free roam AFTER the story? Then yes. But I don't want there main focus to be "the biggest map we've ever created" ect. Even though it won't be, they've never been like that.

so their are hints that they are going to do a 3 protagonist thing like GTA V since the casting call had 3 characters suspiciously named "Franklin, Tony, Mickey" hint hint

• UshaB likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users