22 replies to this topic
Sawnek
  • Sawnek

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

Hey guys, how's it going?

Throughout the Grand Theft Auto series, we've seen our fair share of antagonists, whether it be a psycho ex-partner/girlfriend, an old boss or a corrupted FIB agent.

With people speculating what we're going to see in the next title, who do you think the next 'villain' could be?

If you could create an antagonist that you feel would fit the role perfectly for GTA VI, who/what would you create?

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:48 PM

An antagonist that is very close to the protag, someone that looks like he's dumb or silly like Roman and ends up being one of the biggest betraying assholes in the series.

• Im2akillerfish and Tikhung like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:49 PM

Rumpy Trumpet, the sociopathic drug dealer with an outdated fashion sense and poor social skills.

barrie_butsers_by_falakthewolf-d4bom1s.p

• RainbowParty likes this

JeffreyDahmer
  • JeffreyDahmer

Dan Houser Is God

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:16 PM

An antagonist that is very close to the protag, someone that looks like he's dumb or silly like Roman and ends up being one of the biggest betraying assholes in the series.

Kinda Sounds Like Big Smoke to an Extent. 

• Joe Chip likes this

ssbawesome
  • ssbawesome

The Eigth Sage

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:41 PM

Either a character who you grow close to throughout the beginning of the story or someone who re-appears from the protagonists past. They would have to be a somewhat psychotic character that would take extreme measures to stop the protagonist, somewhat like Dmitri, but who appears throughout the story more often. They would have to be in the story constantly, which reminds you that they are always there, breathing down your neck (maybe literally). Finally, there would need to be a good reason for us to kill them in the end, although it is more story based, instead of the antagonist themselves. In V, the antagonists were just two big assholes and two really minor characters who you basically forgot were in the story, or lack of one. All I'm asking for is an antagonist worthy of having a big showdown with. Just the protag and the enemy, face to face for one last time.

• Joe Chip and Zello like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

"Come over here and lick my *BANANA BREAD*!"

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:20 AM

Someone like Stretch.

Best GTA Antagonist, 20-whenever.

EagleStrike
  • EagleStrike

Yo

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:29 AM

The cops, They have been around since the start and can not be stopped. In V they have become stronger and in the next GTA they will be Super Sayins! 

But seriously it would be cool if the main character was the antagonist. They would create their own problems and problems for the people they work for. Rather than someone betraying them, they would betray others for a upper hand. Not sure how it would work but would be interesting to see.

• TheUnholy, theGTAking101 and Why? like this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:38 AM

I would actually like a law enforcement officer who isn't corrupt. You know a straight edged guy who's doing everything in their power to hunt down and stop the protagonist. Meanwhile you have the protagonist who's a manipulative and sleezy c*nt who will betray anyone and everyone to get what they want. So pretty much have a villian protagonist against a hero antagonist.

Would help further establish the fact that in GTA we're not playing the good guy.
  • TheUnholy, theGTAking101 and Zello like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:47 AM

On the note of a cop being an antagonist, I keep thinking it'd be a bit funny for a regular, wise cracking detective to be leading the investigation against the protagonist, but the officers working on the case keep f*cking with the evidence, getting killed, etc.

• Zello likes this

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:44 AM

Depends on what GTA VI is exactly.

I think having an old mentor character, like Derrick McReary was, betray the protagonist in the middle of the game is always a nice way to do an antagonist. I guess Billy Grey was kinda like that, but you could tell he was a slimeball the entire time. They should paint him completely sympathetically, like as a best friend, and then just pull the betrayal completely out of left field, no foreshadowing, no suspicious dialogue, nothing, have it be as much of a surprise to the player as it is to the protagonist.

Dimitri would have worked like that if you hadn't meet him just ten missions before he betrays you. Maybe Dimitri from the perspective of Mikhail.

Phoenix_Shit
  • Phoenix_Shit

First rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about fight club.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:34 PM

I want the Antagonist to be someone ruthless, annoying, power hungry, 40 - 45 year old, drug kingpin. Something there, a guy that the players will HATE. Hate more than how most players hated Dimitri from GTA IV, and past GTA's.

Also make him more annoying, so we get annoyed by him and just want to shoot his ass to next week. 

• EM_JAY_86 likes this

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Maybe we're just sleepwalking....

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:51 PM Edited by tikhung01, 12 May 2014 - 06:52 PM.

Tyler f*cking Durden.

778253-tyler_durden_large.jpg

The protagonist IS the antagonist.

Sawnek
  • Sawnek

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:10 PM

But seriously it would be cool if the main character was the antagonist. They would create their own problems and problems for the people they work for. Rather than someone betraying them, they would betray others for a upper hand. Not sure how it would work but would be interesting to see.

That reminds me of Walter White from Breaking Bad, especially with the way he changes into later seasons.

Great suggestions guys, keep them coming! I think to hide any suspicions on a particular character betraying you mid-way through the game, they should have one character seem like an antagonist (Like a Dimitri character, but without the betrayal) and then having a character close to the Protagonist ending up being the traitor who leaves the protagonist for dead (Perhaps a close and old friend of the protagonists).

• Zello likes this

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:06 PM Edited by TheUnholy, 17 May 2014 - 09:39 PM.

The cops, They have been around since the start and can not be stopped. In V they have become stronger and in the next GTA they will be Super Sayins! 

Good idea. Although Devin and Steve were the shown antagonists of V, Michael seemed to me more antagonistic, well after all, he's a three bit, retired criminal who is a back-stabbing bastard. 

I think "a good antagonist - bad protagonist" idea, like Niko Vercetti suggested above, would be something fresh and unexplored for GTA. I dunno, maybe a law enforcer like Vincent Hanna from Heat, a character who puts his all efforts to catch the protagonist who is a treacherous, disrespectful bad guy. Or maybe, law enforcer like Slocumb from Thelma & Louise, who actually wants to help the protagonist shape his life but the protagonist is too dick to see it or accept this guy's help. 

I'd like to see a brutal, fierce and sociopath antagonist, yet he should have the good state of mentality which a good antagonist should have. Think about a drug lord who beats the sh*t out of his men when they judge his style or performs brutal tortures on his foes. Besides using his violent side to impose authority, he should have a "wise, opportunist businessman" side when doing business. Although, Diaz was actually a short-tempered, presumably violent drug lord, I think we couldn't see much of him in VC. So I think this style of antagonists should be explored more.

Also, I really enjoyed Billy Grey from The Lost and Damned, I'd like to see an antagonist like that again. Billy was a real strong and capable man, IMO; he was brutal, short-tempered, violent yet he had big lobes of brain: he was good at manipulating people (look how he managed to make Johnny attack the AoD Clubhouse in order to sit on a payload of heroin during Action/Reaction, and he managed to turn lots of people against Johnny and his faction during The Lost civil war) and making opportunist, yet "equal" deals (his deal with Triads during Chinese Takeout from TBOGT, leading to the events in This Sh*t's Cursed). A kind of this sneaky yet clever bastard could work well in another GTA game, especially as a part of small gang.

I'd have lots of ideas and opinions when it comes to antagonists that are pretty important parts of a fict. However, I think the antagonist types I've mentioned above would be my favourite choices.

• Zello likes this

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:06 PM Edited by D- Ice, 14 May 2014 - 03:07 PM.

Firstly, I really dislike the entire concept of betrayal. It is just a cheap, childish way to give an otherwise reprehensible human being some (percieved) moral superiority andlegitamacy to their rise up the ladder of criminality with countless highly unethical acts. The protagonist should only be fighting his enemies because they are competition or threats to his interests, and he is the sort of sociopath who has very little regards for others - as long as it gets him money or what he wants, he'll happily murder scores of innocent bystanders. I have far more of an issue with half-arsed, ultimately hypocritical attempts at legitimising a scumbag protagonist with a wife, kids and a dog they have to look after, than I have with just having a "bad guy" protagonist.

Regarding the actual antagonist, a great idea would be the protagonist's true nemesis. Someone who is near-identical in background and story, except for that he is competing against the protagonist. Someone who also rose up the ranks of crime, who is also amazingly good at brawling, shooting, driving and generally doing jobs for other people etc...

Another idea I just though upwhile reading this topicis to have a truely inhuman antagonist. Not a single person, but a shadowy, ruthlessly calculating, highly intelligent, and incredibly powerful collective. You will never find out if it was controlled by ten people or a thousand, nor how man super-computers and unwitting human analysts are employed to make decisions. It won't be this one stereotyped "bad-guy" responsible for all the evil, that you can just kill in a shootout and get your revenge. It will be an inherently unethical (or "evil") collective made up of overall good, ethical human and non-human components.

This idea is not quite as far-out as it seems - remember the CtOS you fight in the game Watch Dogs seems somewhat similar.

Of course, we will still have a climax at the end, and opposition will only get stronger as you progress. You will also still get to shoot lots of people hired by this organisation.

RainbowParty
  • RainbowParty

Aww yus *0*

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:29 PM Edited by RainbowParty, 14 May 2014 - 05:30 PM.

You know Fred from those youtube videos?

fred.jpg

Here's my antagonist:
-The guy is 21 (not underage) but he thinks he's 7

-His name is something annoying like "Timmy" or whatever

-His dad is an über rich mafioso/politician/whatever that's your antagonist too.

-This kid shows up in many missions just to f*ck up your progress with ridiculous weapons like rocket launchers or grenades.

-You can't ever kill him until the finale.

-He always says incredibly stupid and unfunny jokes while laughing and screaming in the most annoying way possible.

-He only has a few lines that he repeats constantly and that you quickly get tired of hearing.

-He has the Justin Bieber haircut.

There's my perfect antagonist :D

Sawnek
  • Sawnek

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:01 PM

To be honest I wouldn't want an antagonist that is annoying, I would much prefer one we hate due to the opposition and what they do to screw over the character (Betrayal or otherwise), then how annoying they are.

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:25 PM Edited by Im2akillerfish, 31 May 2014 - 08:27 PM.

A member of the protagonists family, like his/her son or something. One that is always aware of what the protagonist is about to do next, and calls his/her gang to crash the party, without ever showing up him/herself.

The cliché ending: In the end, the protagonist must choose between sharing or killing the antagonist. If shared, the protagonist dies, and the antagonist replaces the character as the playable character. The antagonist should be at least as relatable as the protagonist is, though.

Just imagine two people standing in front of each other pointing each other with a gun. Press R2 to kill the Protagonist, Press L2 to kill the antagonist.

• Tikhung likes this

Tao Cheng
  • Tao Cheng

Man I'm fuuuucked up!

• Members
  • China

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:35 AM

The GTA Online protagonist.

Chips237
  • Chips237

Ruining your lives since 1637

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:10 AM

What if the protagonist IS the antagonist?

• Tikhung and Tao Cheng like this

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Maybe we're just sleepwalking....

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:40 PM

What if the protagonist IS the antagonist?

Tyler f*cking Durden.

778253-tyler_durden_large.jpg

The protagonist IS the antagonist.

Somehow nobody gives a sh*t about my post.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

Donald Love in 2002 - He sends an assasin who snipes you in the leg on a building, tries to kill you and your friends at multiple occassions and is being a stupid cannibalistic dick.

Phil Collin
  • Phil Collin

Mr Busta!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:51 PM

Maye a hitman or a bounty hunter who´s been given the mission by a mafia leader or something and the mafia leader dies so he cant be the main antagonist.... But what the f*ck do i know probably too much movies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users