What is the obsession with Yoga?

90 replies to this topic
jondean31
  • jondean31

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

I mean come on, it was part of one little mission and everyone goes on about it like its half the bloody game!

It started off with funny jokes, but I mean come on, people are using it as one of the main criticisms of V, which is just absolutely ridiculous.

Its not like it replaced anything of any use, it such a small part of the game?

• Wolfhuman, Apex., vengeancehawk and 3 others like this

Pliskin Femto
  • Pliskin Femto

A Ghost of The Old Age

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:50 AM

It's one mission and then it appears as an optional mini-game for Michael only so I don't know why anyone would be bothered by it. It was fun doing it atop the mountain at sunset.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:52 AM

Some people here think that R* adding yoga is the reason vigilante missions aren't in the game, when it is clearly not.  :facedesk:

• Fuzzknuckles, PreciousWall, theNGclan and 5 others like this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:54 AM

Apparently yoga replaced:

• [INSERT FEATURE FROM PREVIOUS GAME HERE]
  • Fuzzknuckles, Street Mix, Wolfhuman and 9 others like this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:13 AM

What to do?

Sure, its very easy to skip and ignore yoga, and also not a big deal to give that much importance either.

But, it certainly raises questions about the absence of the most expected one's to return with more improvements.
  • Mr Pickles likes this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

What to do?

Sure, its very easy to skip and ignore yoga, and also not a big deal to give that much importance either.

But, it certainly raises questions about the absence of the most expected one's to return with more improvements.

No it doesn't.  It's a simple minigame that was part of a mission but could be played outside of it.  That's it. 

• Fuzzknuckles, CartmanKusanagi and Heists like this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Checklister

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

Well alot of V haters did take that in saying stupid things like ''WE GOT YOGA BUT NOT A GOOD STORYLINEEEE!!!!''

• G.S.T likes this

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:37 PM

I don't know. They even harp on well liked (by millions) elements of the game so I don't see them as rational people. There are a few that can be objective with their critiques of V but it's VERY few.

Yoga is a tiny little feature of V, full of parody, and it boosts Michael's health stat. It's optional like any mini-game or side activity. The introduction via mission is what seems to piss people off the most. My impression: They'll bitch about being forced to get acquainted with Yoga but not about being forced to torture someone. <--- That says a lot to me.

Most of the hate (on GTAF) comes from people who prefer IV over any other GTA. I don't think they will like any GTA as much as that one, no matter what R* does. Why: R* changes things with every game.

Would I have preferred a different mini-game? Sure. But its existence isn't the end of the world for me. I hope DLC brings MORE interactive mini-games but then, I'd want that anyway. :)
  • Fuzzknuckles and Heists like this

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

WHY AREN'T WE ABLE TO SIT IN THE GAME.

• Aerosmithfan999, Heists and Mr Pickles like this

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Yeah, we happy

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

Despite yoga being one of the last things I'd ever request in a GTA game I don't think it's that bad. However in its current form I do find it kind of useless. Yes it replenishes Michael's special ability, but it's a tedious way of doing it.

Perhaps if it improved fitness in some way more people would be able to warm up to it. I don't know.
  • Geralt of Rivia, Lucario 2.0, Tikhung and 4 others like this

SingularSoul
  • SingularSoul

"Danger zonnnne".

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:30 PM Edited by SingularSoul, 11 May 2014 - 02:34 PM.

Now that is a very, VERY good question.

On Topic;

I don't actually mind yoga in the game. I do it occasionally whilst role playing, and I don't see any reason to complain about it's inclusion since it DID form part of the story (Not that I endorse that fact, since I disliked the story overall anyway).

I do however feel the controls are rather cumbersome when it comes to yoga, and really make the experience underwhelming to say the least.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:32 PM

Your guess is as good as mine.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:33 PM

Get L.A Noire.

You can do all the sitting you want in that game. 

You can sit down in your safehouse, as Mike and F.

As for yoga, it's only mandatory for 1 mission. I used to dislike it, but I got over it.

Yoga is not responsible for the absence of vigilante missions.

• Fuzzknuckles, Wolfhuman, Geralt of Rivia and 1 other like this

toughmeister
  • toughmeister

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:50 PM

I don't have any obsession with it. I'm indifferent about it, but I hated the mission when you had to do yoga with all that silly button pressing (was bad as those dancing missions in SA).

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:05 PM

It's not like the other games didn't have leisure activities, why does it have to be this all of the sudden?

• Bonnano and Lucario 2.0 like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

@ OP

Stop complaining and just be glad that yoga is in the game. There is no gang wars, drug-dealing, gambling or buying safehouse properties, but yoga made it into V over all of these things, and that's some great achievement.

Just be grateful for that.
  • fac316 and A.O.D.88 like this

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

I an I

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:40 PM

Yoga is to V as Bowling is to IV. Completely blown out of proportion.

• Sprue, Geralt of Rivia, Bonnano and 1 other like this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

Wonderfully said.

• Ermacs likes this

toughmeister
  • toughmeister

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:31 PM

Even though the bowling in IV was much more enjoyable and not wanking the controller like you have to in yoga.

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

I an I

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:37 PM Edited by Ermac., 11 May 2014 - 07:37 PM.

It's not about whether you enjoyed it or not. It has to do with the fact that whenever V or IV is brought up more often than not someone says "blarg Yoga instead of X" or "myah bowling (or x activity) phone calls every 2 seconds" 

I prefer bowling to yoga, but you don't see me slagging it because you don't have to do it ever again outside of that one mission, just like bowling/friend hangouts in IV.

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

Don't call me guy, I have no peenus.I have nice new tits btw

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:47 PM

Come on, Yoga is fun.... only in GTAV.

• Cake* Games likes this

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:50 PM

Yoga is the best thing to have happened to GTA.

You ain't about that life unless you do yoga.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

But Wait...There's More!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:52 PM Edited by Spaghetti Cat, 11 May 2014 - 07:52 PM.

I kinda wanted MORE spots to do yoga than just the mountain and Michael's house.

*ducks from the barrage of shoes thrown his way*

• Sprue and Cake* Games like this

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:02 PM Edited by McGyver55, 11 May 2014 - 08:04 PM.

First off I read the title as "What is the Obsession with Yoda"... so I'll answer that first... its the ears... we all want ears like him...

But Yoga?  Do you like it? okay than good!

Other people didn't...

If you are at a restaurant and you order a burger medium-rare and the waitress brings you one that is well done... are you happy?

If you are waiting on a long, long line at the checkout and the cashier stops to take a phone call that seems to be a personal call... even for ten or twenty seconds... are you not annoyed?

You buy new grill that advertises to come with coupon for a free case of beer as a promotional gift, but instead you receive a coupon for a two case of weird diet soda... do you smile?

People got pissed because after years of waiting and hoping and making clear what they hoped for, they didn't get some of the fun things they hoped and asked for and expected... and just like that twenty second phone call, even if it only took an afternoon (like some people would have you believe) to program and complete... it was time invested in something most people would not have ever asked for an d few really liked... no, its not a big distraction... but try and see it from the perspective of someone who really liked the game and hoped to see certain features return... even if it never replaced anything, it sure looks like a big f**k you to people who hoped for something else...

Look, I hated the stupid Yoga feature... (I personally believe it was part of something bigger, which was cut or abandoned... there are too many references to balancing karma and yoga in the game and it has this unfinished feeling to it )... I've made lots of jokes about it... but I don't have a problem with someone liking and enjoying it... just that some people get so pissed about others not liking it... 

Big deal... look at it from the other persons point of view...

Yeah, so its just a tiny bit of the game, blah,blah,blah... I get it...  but its resentment based in disappointment and frustration... live with it.

When people who are fans of a game don't care what the makers do with the franchise and just go along with whatever they churn out... thats when stuff goes to hell... be happy they care enough to be disappointed.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:06 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 11 May 2014 - 08:11 PM.

Your analogies don't work. Those things, like burgers, are made just for you. Video games are not made just for you.

They are made for millions of people. Tens of millions of people. The game isn't going to have everything people want.

My analogies, however, do work.

Think of someone opening up a restaurant in a big city. His menu is a little different from what people are expecting. He still gets customers, because some people like it. Others don't.

That's all there is to it.

• Midnightz, CantThinkOfOne2013, Heists and 1 other like this

toughmeister
  • toughmeister

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

Lets put it like this - In San Andreas you could just walk upto a place near CJ's house and play with the basketball and try to get it in the the net, it was alot more fun than this f**king press every button on your controller in any direction sh*t. I said earlier that I'm indifferent about Yoga but when you compare it to some of the past GTA mini games then the Yoga is just a big pile of sh*te.

• Official General and Immigration like this

Immigration
  • Immigration

420 Warrior

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:34 PM

Lets put it like this - In San Andreas you could just walk upto a place near CJ's house and play with the basketball and try to get it in the the net, it was alot more fun than this f**king press every button on your controller in any direction sh*t. I said earlier that I'm indifferent about Yoga but when you compare it to some of the past GTA mini games then the Yoga is just a big pile of sh*te.

R* is trolling us hard.

• Street Mix likes this

Cake* Games
  • Cake* Games

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:41 PM

Am i the only one around here that likes yoga?
  • Sprue and Wavesittich like this

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:21 PM Edited by bikerman3, 06 August 2014 - 04:31 AM.

i don't like it because i can't do it as trevor  

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:22 PM

The beach ball game in Vice City was better than yoga. 

• Kalerney and dreadluxx like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users