Comprehensive Proof Infernus - Beatdown on B-Dup

7 replies to this topic
Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:51 PM

Does anyone have any tips on how to obtain this vehicle?  I tried flipping the Infernus with a Monster Truck and the Tractor, both numerous times, but failed everytime.  I am also playing on PS2 and tried to move CJ during the cutscene and I was able to do so and get into the Infernus, but no luck on killing Sweet and backing it up into Glen Pond...

I even tried a different method I thought of myself.  I used an M4 during the cut scene to kill Sweet, but it didn't do anything.  He actually got scared after 150 rounds of M4 bullets and the Infernus was driven off after he got scared...

Anyone know how to do this?  Or is every possible way to obtain this hopeless?

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:19 AM

I got the AP Infernus.  I used the PS2 method glitch of obtaining it since I can control CJ during the cutscene...

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

I thought getting in the vehicle before Sweet does so I could drive away with it would work.

Similarly, I thought the bounty cheat (down, up, up, up, x, r2, r1, l2, l2) would suffice. The idea was to get Big Bear out of the vehicle and to prevent Sweet from getting in it. Instead, all it did was turned the vehicle into a piece of charcoal (surprisingly, there was no explosion) a few feet away. I guess they thought this might be attempted; therefore, they took measures to prevent it.

When you say "PS2 method glitch", what do you mean? I play on the PS2 too yet don't understand.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:49 PM Edited by fnxrak, 14 May 2014 - 01:49 PM.

He he he!!! He means that the PS2/(PS3 with backward compatibility) is the only platform where you can move CJ in some "cutscenes" opposite to the only other "legal" method that is using the tractor to flip it over.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:04 PM Edited by Militia, 14 May 2014 - 02:08 PM.

He he he!!! He means that the PS2/(PS3 with backward compatibility) is the only platform where you can move CJ in some "cutscenes" opposite to the only other "legal" method that is using the tractor to flip it over.

Correct.  And that Tractor/Monster Truck method of flipping the Infernus literally seems to be impossible on my end with the PS2/3 version of the game.  EVERYTIME I tried a Monster Truck to flip it, the Infernus would fall through the Monster Truck and get "stuck" in the Monster Truck.  The Tractor at least would get the Infernus on two wheels and almost flip over, but it still seemed hopeless.

Online, people say that the Infernus must be reversed into the Glen Pond.  However, if you're holding X during the cutscene, and still holding X when you enter the Infernus, you can actually drive forward without having WASTED or MISSION FAILED on your screen.

I tried numerous times going backward and that is f*cking REALLY hard.  Almost as hard as trying to flip the Infernus with a Monster/Tractor.  Then I tried only two times to drive forward and on my second try I got it very easily into Glen Pond, then pushed it out, and drove it to a safehouse garage.  It's proofed.  I tested it.

Tbh, the AP Infernus is my favorite proof vehicle I have, besides the AP/EC Maverick.  Both of those are my most prized possessions! :)

This is the EXACT method I used - 

However, I moved FORWARD instead of in reverse.  Nowhere online does it say you can move forward, but I assure you it's legit and 100% possible.  As long as you hold X during the cutscene and when you enter the car.  If you're still holding X in the car...Clearly the car will go forward automatically...That is what I did and it worked.

Sorry for the sh*t quality on Youtube, however, this is the ONLY video on the entire web showing this method...I also didn't use an AP Admiral to defeat the Ballas.  I am not sure why the guy in the Youtube video did that.  From him doing that, he lost his AP Admiral.  I still have mine! :p :)

• ThatSpecialSomeone likes this

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:00 PM

Quick Question.  Does anybody know what that "other" Infernus is doing in the mission?  I see an Infernus always parked at the B-Dup house.  I am wondering if that is the SAME AP Infernus that Bear and Sweet drive away in the cutscene?  Or is that a totally different Infernus?

I ask, because I tried one time (after unsuccessfully trying to obtain the AP Infernus one time) to open the door, but it was locked.  Is there any significance to that Infernus or is it just a random Infernus with a locked door?

Either way, I don't need it since I finally obtained the AP Infernus from the mission.  One of my favorite and most prized vehicles out of my collection currently.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:12 PM

That Infernus isn't AP, it can be destroyed. I don't know whether it's the Infernus which gets proofings during the cutscene or the game spawns a different one, but this Infernus which you can see before the cutscene is regular one with no proofings.

• Android and Militia like this

Militia
  • Militia

Proof Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:17 PM

That Infernus isn't AP, it can be destroyed. I don't know whether it's the Infernus which gets proofings during the cutscene or the game spawns a different one, but this Infernus which you can see before the cutscene is regular one with no proofings.

Thanks, man for clearing that up.  I was wondering if it had any special properties, but I guess not.  I am not worried.  I am just so glad I got the AP Infernus, though! :)

There was a time I thought I had to skip it cuz I wouldn't have the luck and skill to obtain it, but I got it quite easily with doing the method in the video above.  But instead of reversing into Glen Pond, I went forward which was MUCH, MUCH, MUUUCCCHHHH easier than going backward.  Also, you do NOT need to kill Sweet to obtain it.  As long as you drive it into the pond and kill Bear, the AP Infernus is yours! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users