Photo

AFK

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic
fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:46 AM Edited by fw3, 11 May 2014 - 02:50 AM.

if you ever complain about getting griefed ever i will hold you to this 

I don't complain about being "griefed." It's a feature in the game and I am well-versed at quitting, changing sessions, running away, hiding, or going Passive and taking refuge somewhere safe. So, talk to Gear999 if you'd like something else to hold onto. ;)

wow you can dish it out but you can't take it 

I think you've drifted off-topic, so while you play rodeo clown, I'll revisit the topic. 

Tonight, I went through a session and visited three different AFK players. I gave each one a honk of the horn, a nudge with my car, and a couple of warning shots. None of them responded. 

So, I intentionally drove off, despite my desire to dispense them.

One of them eventually left, while the other two remained in stasis for several more minutes. 

What surprised me as I observed, was that other players apparently feel similarly in that AFK players are merely ducks on the water during hunting season, as both AFK players were attacked repeatedly by others.

My thought was not, "those poor AFK guys... they're getting reamed!" No, it was, "dang, I should've been doing that!"

Ducks on the water, my friend. Ducks on the water. ;) 

Wug
  • Wug

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:08 AM Edited by Wug, 11 May 2014 - 03:09 AM.

Should be locked. Clearly a story thread in the pinned section.

http://gtaforums.com...e-your-stories/

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer [RETIRED]

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:56 AM

i leave them alone

don't really see a point in killing someone who's probably taking a piss, having a smoke or taking a sh*t, other than stat boosting which is really stupid

GrandTheftBatman
  • GrandTheftBatman

Connect 4 Champion 2012

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:59 AM

It's funny: usually when a player thinks I'm AFK, I'm actually just taking a glance at whatever I'm watching on Netflix. So, when I pick up the controller again and see a player aiming a gun, I instantly mow them down.

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:59 AM

I don't complain about being "griefed." It's a feature in the game and I am well-versed at quitting, changing sessions, running away, hiding, or going Passive and taking refuge somewhere safe. So, talk to Gear999 if you'd like something else to hold onto. ;)

I think you've drifted off-topic, so while you play rodeo clown, I'll revisit the topic. 

Tonight, I went through a session and visited three different AFK players. I gave each one a honk of the horn, a nudge with my car, and a couple of warning shots. None of them responded. 

One of them eventually left, while the other two remained in stasis for several more minutes. 

What surprised me as I observed, was that other players apparently feel similarly in that AFK players are merely ducks on the water during hunting season, as both AFK players were attacked repeatedly by others.

My thought was not, "those poor AFK guys... they're getting reamed!" No, it was, "dang, I should've been doing that!"

maybe i was a little off topic but that does not mean i was wrong 

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:33 AM

Your threads sound less educated and more childish as time goes on.

da_illest101
  • da_illest101

GTA World Heavy Weight Champion

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:47 AM

Should be called AFC instead of AFK

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:00 AM

You, sir, were not a "little off topic," you were completely off topic.

Just because you express an opinion does not mean you're right, correct, or factual.
It just means you can produce words.

Besides, if you actually were "dishing something out," besides a lopsided plate of meconium, then I might be able to engage you via private messages.

But as it stands, I prefer to stay on topic, thank you.

The thread has gone to the hogs. Time to lock it up.

/thread. ;)

Chrunchip
  • Chrunchip

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:23 AM

Lets take a totally hypothetical situation, you're playing GTA and have no access to a car or any other forum of vehicle and your mom/ sister/ wife/ girlfriend pass out right in front of you and bang their head on a corner table. You have to rush them to the hospital and leave your game where it is. When you drop your controller it lands on the analog sticks so your character keeps walking around and you wont disconnect because you're still moving. You come back from the hospital 6 hours later to see you have been spawned killed the entire time by several different people. Again, this is totally hypothetical, but tell me you wouldn't be mad. 

seriously? 

u would care about your K/D in a video-game if u are rushing some loved one to the hospital? what's up with this generation.... o_O

• FilthyEsquire likes this

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:33 AM

Lets take a totally hypothetical situation, you're playing GTA and have no access to a car or any other forum of vehicle and your mom/ sister/ wife/ girlfriend pass out right in front of you and bang their head on a corner table. You have to rush them to the hospital and leave your game where it is. When you drop your controller it lands on the analog sticks so your character keeps walking around and you wont disconnect because you're still moving. You come back from the hospital 6 hours later to see you have been spawned killed the entire time by several different people. Again, this is totally hypothetical, but tell me you wouldn't be mad. 

seriously? 

u would care about your K/D in a video-game if u are rushing some loved one to the hospital? what's up with this generation.... o_O

I've notice people take KD too seriously. But that's how they get their rocks off.

• Chrunchip likes this

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:37 AM Edited by Black Terminator, 11 May 2014 - 10:37 AM.

I usually just leave them alone and continue with my day plus jam the music on in my car. 

TheDjsicdog
  • TheDjsicdog

MMC4,GTAP,PJTR, HEARSE SHOP PS3

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

Hate it

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:58 AM Edited by JiNX77, 11 May 2014 - 10:59 AM.

If someone is AFK I probably won't notice. If I do notice I don't care. I've run over a few but not out of malice or boredom, they were just unlucky and standing where I was driving, on the sidewalk. As stated above, I don't have any problem with them getting killed repeatedly, they should have positioned themselves better.

LoyalRockstarFanboy
  • LoyalRockstarFanboy

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:03 AM

Normally I just run them over and go on my way but this thread gave me a good idea. Next AFK I see ima plant sticky bombs all around them then go down the street and watch with my sniper. Hopefully they don't take long to get back tho.

Shake 'N Bake
  • Shake 'N Bake

AlexSniperBullet exterminator.

• BUSTED!
  • Vatican-City

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

seriously? 

I've notice people take KD too seriously. But that's how they get their rocks off.

I guess you guys read this wrong.. I'm saying that as if it was from his perspective. I personally couldn't give a rats ass about my K/D and if my mother fell down passed out I wouldn't think twice about going to help her instead of making sure my character was out of the line of fire.

I guess if needed to make it clear that I was tring to make him see how stupid it was that he makes sure if hes going afk he flies ontop of the maze bank

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:57 PM

seriously? 

I guess you guys read this wrong.. I'm saying that as if it was from his perspective. I personally couldn't give a rats ass about my K/D and if my mother fell down passed out I wouldn't think twice about going to help her instead of making sure my character was out of the line of fire.

I guess if needed to make it clear that I was tring to make him see how stupid it was that he makes sure if hes going afk he flies ontop of the maze bank

Unfortunately, your "hypothetical" situation is a preposterous, over-wraught, typical drama-queen liberal scenario that would simply never happen. 

Your opinion that positioning my character in a safe location while I step away to grab a YooHoo is "stupid," suggests your opinions are based on ignorance of how the game works.

Simple.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:45 PM Edited by fw3, 11 May 2014 - 05:47 PM.

Okay, so from all this discussion, I decided to try a little experiment. 

I found a player that was clearly AFK. Here he is:

0_0.jpg

I went Passive and sent him a message, saying, "I know ur AFK - got ur back!"
Three other players came along and tried to attack this fellow.

I came out of Passive and fought them, one ended up blowing me up with a sticky, but the AFK survived.

0_0.jpg

So, I went back into Passive and continued to watch his back. Sure, I know, he didn't ask me to,
but I figured I'd reference feedback from this thread and give it a try.

Eventually, he came back online and immediately drew concern with me... which I totally understand.
So, while in Passive, I "saluted" him.

He pulled out his sniper rifle and began shooting at me.
Then his assault rifle.

0_0.jpg

Obviously, he can't shoot me, so i "saluted" again, showing no signs of aggression, and began to walk away.
The AFK steals a car and promptly ran me over, killing me, and fled off into the night.

What's the moral of this lesson? You tell me... please. Because in my opinion, every AFK is an open target to me, from now on.
a LMFAO moment, for sure! ;)

• livejoker and cattafett like this

mogulmoges
  • mogulmoges

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:05 PM

if you're silly enough to go AFK, or AFC in this case since it's a console game, you deserve whatever you get.  if you have to piss, drive back to your apartment first.  otherwise you get what you get.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:11 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 11 May 2014 - 07:12 PM.

Third, the fact that you brought up "taking a p!ss" is another "d!ck" reference, which is starting to make me uncomfortable.

Considering both genders urinate but you immediately associated it with dicks raises more questions about you. 

Also you're a dick. 

• fw3 likes this

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:16 PM Edited by G37, 11 May 2014 - 07:18 PM.

How lol. You can climb the fence.

This is a mostly curious thread though considering it comes off as something completely contrasting to what the OP usually posts/value system. I'm not sure if this is simply for the sake of a conversation or if OP turned a new leaf. If it's the latter then color me disappointed based solely on OP's change in game play.

It honestly matters to me not. I typically don't look for trouble (just not my play style even considering the nature of this game), it indadvertedly has a way of finding me and I deal with it as it happens. That is, if I ever play in FR. Everyone is going to play with caution though considering you cannot be sure of any stranger.

Zonnex
  • Zonnex

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:17 PM

I wasn't aware my xbox had a keyboard :p

Wow, you've been living under a rock. The term AFK has been used in the console world for like a decade now. No-one says AFC or something.

That is the most powerful lie you have ever posted here. If you meant a year, then that would make sense, seeing as AFK always, and always, meant Away from Keyboard.

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:30 PM

You, sir, were not a "little off topic," you were completely off topic.

Just because you express an opinion does not mean you're right, correct, or factual.
It just means you can produce words.

Besides, if you actually were "dishing something out," besides a lopsided plate of meconium, then I might be able to engage you via private messages.

But as it stands, I prefer to stay on topic, thank you.

The thread has gone to the hogs. Time to lock it up.

/thread. ;)

you can't stand that im right so you want this topic locked 

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

A lot of people are arguing if attacking an AFK player is right or wrong.
Meanwhile, those AFK players don't bother arguing as much as you guys do because they're AFK! :lol:

toughmeister
  • toughmeister

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:00 PM

AFC*

L5B4LIF3
  • L5B4LIF3

Show's Over, Clown!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:01 PM Edited by L5B4LIF3, 11 May 2014 - 09:04 PM.

Whether you're afk or not... if you're outside your apartment or LSC you're open to be attacked/killed..

If you're gonna be afk, do it when you in your apartment or in LSC.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Here for the magic touch..

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:02 PM

If I need to go AFK I'll generally grab a chopper and rubber-band the right trigger, not died yet this way.

Sometimes I'll try a little fake AFK around LSC though - guess what Mod this Baller has...

0_0.jpg

• livejoker and fw3 like this

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:08 PM

If I go AFK I usually stick to my garage, or the Maze Bank rooftop, or the train (or subway).

This is usually just so I can grab a coffee or something. But if someone gets me, good on them, I knew the risk! It's pretty funny just sitting on the subway and watching though - especially with a bounty - people go to great lengths to try and get you.

If I see a player AFK I usually kill them once, usually melee, but then I leave them alone.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:49 AM

Locked on Request.

• Tabula Rasa and fw3 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users