AFK

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic
fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:39 PM

The moralistic dilemma of coming across a player who is AFK and whether to thusly mess with them, kill them, or leave them be seems to be a common occurrence in this game.

Personally, when there's a busy lobby, I enjoy standing perfectly still, shotgun in hand, and just wait for some unsuspecting immoralite to come by for a "look see," before pummeling them, stealing their car (or destroying it), and running off chortling into the landscape.

Surely, I'm not alone in this?

And what do I do to AFK players? Well, for me, it ranges between setting them on fire, sniping them from a distance, running them over, beating them with a golf club, or pinning them with a car.

I especially enjoy trapping AFK players who are in clothing stores by putting a car against the door so they can't get out.

What's your take on this? Do you do it? Have you had it done to you? Just startin' conversation is all. Cheers! ;)

0_0.jpg

• Deathmaker158 likes this

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:41 PM Edited by gear999, 10 May 2014 - 03:41 PM.

Well, you're a dick.
  • .R3b3L, WillWorthington3, Schweppez and 19 others like this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:41 PM

I wasn't aware my xbox had a keyboard :p
  • livejoker, Schweppez, Anger Personified and 10 others like this

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:42 PM

Sometimes run them over, most times leave them alone.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:43 PM

Well, you're a dick.

Well, you're obviously familiar with them, so... :D

• GankThis110, sam1ches and Buttrumpeteer like this

Shadow_Titan17
  • Shadow_Titan17

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

I leave them alone usually.
  • lunaticz0r likes this

gbrown100
  • gbrown100

Ninja

• Members
  • Vanuatu

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

If I'm in a good mood I'll leave her or him alone, but there are times when.... Shall I just say that those LSPD tints take oh so long to get...
  • Cakelover21 likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:45 PM

Kill.

cookiemonster14
  • cookiemonster14

Gangsta

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

Well, you're a dick.

• WillWorthington3, android, elless777 and 1 other like this

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

Well, you're a dick.

Think of this:
You're playing GTA. Then you suddenly have to take a piss.
You come back to find yourself getting spawn killed. Not to mention that your vehicle is a burning wreck.
Would you like that?
  • WillWorthington3, Anger Personified, teh_g and 8 others like this

OpTic DevilDog9
  • OpTic DevilDog9

Advanced User

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

I usually destroy everything around ie. Light poles, signs etc.
  • sam1ches, Cornbat and godziller like this

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

if you ever complain about getting griefed ever i will hold you to this 

• sam1ches and G37 like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:54 PM

Well, you're a dick.

Think of this:
You're playing GTA. Then you suddenly have to take a piss.
You come back to find yourself getting spawn killed. Not to mention that your vehicle is a burning wreck.
Would you like that?

First off, I usually relieve myself prior to sitting and playing a video game.
Second, if I did have to relieve myself during a session, I'd get on top of the Maze Bank and go Passive, first, or go to my apartment.
Third, the fact that you brought up "taking a p!ss" is another "d!ck" reference, which is starting to make me uncomfortable.

Lastly, if I walked away from the game with my character standing outside LSC and I came back to find 12 other players taking turns killing him, I'd say, "well... I was stupid."

Now, about that rash you've got... ;)

• livejoker, SchwartzJesuz, Timely and 2 others like this

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:55 PM Edited by smokingndriving, 10 May 2014 - 03:56 PM.

If they're AFK and in their car, I always send a mugger and then watch as they get back and their character looks around, confused, as to where their car is. I don't know how you can go AFK in this game not in your apartment - I've seen people do it in the middle of LSC - and not expect someone to mess with you. It's too easy and often too funny. Go in LSC in a car if you're going AFK. There are some decent options but people just leave their character in the open.

• Ermacs, fw3, Timely and 1 other like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

I don't complain about being "griefed." It's a feature in the game and I am well-versed at quitting, changing sessions, running away, hiding, or going Passive and taking refuge somewhere safe. So, talk to Gear999 if you'd like something else to hold onto. ;)

13dubs13
  • 13dubs13

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:57 PM

I find it sad that people do this. I usually like to troll and stuff, but to think some guy is laughing his ass off about killing a person whos not even there. It won't even annoy the other person, they're not at the f***ing tv clearly. I sometimes come back to find some "badass" circling my character with a pistol to my head, as if its going to intimidate my limpless brain dead character. I sometimes just watch and piss myself at how sad they are, and then quickly kill them before they plan an "epic" killing or melee kill me. 

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:00 PM

If you go afk and don't go up high in passive your getting exactly what you deserve.

It's gta for f*ck sake. I'm just gonna leave my game unattended. No one will surely mess with me considering I'm surrounded by 15 degenerates that can tell I'm not playing.

So yes I mess with them.

Going incognito afk and blasting an unsuspecting troll is a pretty good rib.
  • GranSnake, Tabula Rasa and smokingndriving like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:05 PM

I find it sad that people do this. I usually like to troll and stuff, but to think some guy is laughing his ass off about killing a person whos not even there. It won't even annoy the other person, they're not at the f***ing tv clearly. I sometimes come back to find some "badass" circling my character with a pistol to my head, as if its going to intimidate my limpless brain dead character. I sometimes just watch and piss myself at how sad they are, and then quickly kill them before they plan an "epic" killing or melee kill me. 

I don't imagine people sitting and "laughing their arse off," as you suggest, but rather driving by, stopping, seeing the mannequinesque shell of a player and dispensing it, understanding that the person is AFK, isn't raging, isn't freaking out, isn't doing anything because they simply are not there. 

I don't do it to intimidate, raise my K:D, or anything other than for my own entertainment. Simply put, the player left their character exposed and I'm just doing what the game allows me to do and, frankly, it's fun. After a few kills, you move on. No harm done and the AFK player will come back and resume, perhaps only slightly aware that his/her character has been dealt.

That you say you like to "troll and stuff," suggests you have your ways of finding entertainment through nefarious means, so it's unclear why this would make you so "sad."

Interesting perspective, though, I'll say that. ;)

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Puttin' on an iron shirt.....

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

I'll sometimes kill them or sometimes I'll try and protect them from others.
It's pretty hard doing this cause they usually spawn in a fairly open location. You have to push them into some sort of cover and go on the offensive with the other players to stop them getting close. I keep a score of my kills against the amount of times the afk and me get got. Then when they come back I try and kill them as much as possiible for being such an idiot in the first place.
  • gtafan26 and fw3 like this

autobot_hotwire
  • autobot_hotwire

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:25 PM

I see it as perfect opportunity to have a firefight with the cops!
  • tambo75 likes this

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

I don't complain about being "griefed." It's a feature in the game and I am well-versed at quitting, changing sessions, running away, hiding, or going Passive and taking refuge somewhere safe. So, talk to Gear999 if you'd like something else to hold onto. ;)

Well, since you have a dirty mind, this is the only insult I can throw at you now.

You're a bastard.

• gtafan26 and fw3 like this

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:29 PM

I like taking their cars and putting them in weird places, like on top of buildings or in train tunnels.

Or if I can't get in their car I steal a bunch of NPC cars from traffic and box them in.
  • stonedpimpso, ethanrjc, Buttrumpeteer and 1 other like this

13dubs13
  • 13dubs13

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

I don't imagine people sitting and "laughing their arse off," as you suggest, but rather driving by, stopping, seeing the mannequinesque shell of a player and dispensing it, understanding that the person is AFK, isn't raging, isn't freaking out, isn't doing anything because they simply are not there. 

I don't do it to intimidate, raise my K:D, or anything other than for my own entertainment. Simply put, the player left their character exposed and I'm just doing what the game allows me to do and, frankly, it's fun. After a few kills, you move on. No harm done and the AFK player will come back and resume, perhaps only slightly aware that his/her character has been dealt.

That you say you like to "troll and stuff," suggests you have your ways of finding entertainment through nefarious means, so it's unclear why this would make you so "sad."

Interesting perspective, though, I'll say that. ;)

Ah now, trolling involves actually playing with other people and enjoying the reactions you get from people who take the game too seriously. Even if you were to imply thats sad, at least interacting with others is something that I'd be doing that people who just kill characters with players away from the computer appear to struggle with in the game/more than likely outside of it too. ;)

Reemer
  • Reemer

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

The moralistic dilemma of coming across a player who is AFK and whether to thusly mess with them, kill them, or leave them be seems to be a common occurrence in this game.

Personally, when there's a busy lobby, I enjoy standing perfectly still, shotgun in hand, and just wait for some unsuspecting immoralite to come by for a "look see," before pummeling them, stealing their car (or destroying it), and running off chortling into the landscape.

Of course you do.

smh...

Dead_general
  • Dead_general

Big easy

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

I go put on my short shorts and stand next to them and the when they move knock them out and run away giggling like a school girl.

• Buttrumpeteer likes this

bearer22
  • bearer22

Half fast player

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

When I see an AFK player standing out in the open, I leave them alone, nothing to gain by killing someone who isn't there...When I have to step away for a minute or two, I go in passive and stand on something, or just go into my apartment/garage.

• rob602pa likes this

Chrunchip
  • Chrunchip

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:57 PM

When I see an AFK player standing out in the open, I leave them alone, nothing to gain by killing someone who isn't there...When I have to step away for a minute or two, I go in passive and stand on something, or just go into my apartment/garage.

This :)

Im not killing them but my opinion is... If they went afk without passive they shouldnt complain at all...
  • Timely likes this

GTA Master 007
  • GTA Master 007

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

What you mean AFK? The games not on PC.

Shake 'N Bake
  • Shake 'N Bake

AlexSniperBullet exterminator.

• BUSTED!
  • Vatican-City

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

My only problem with this thread is he starts of saying its a "moral dilemma" asking what we would do, and then defends the fact that he would kill them. Someone above put it into perfect sense of 'how would you feel if this happened to you' and you defended it with a typical defensive response, but the fact of the matter is that you defended yourself so much that it shows you wouldn't like it.

Lets take a totally hypothetical situation, you're playing GTA and have no access to a car or any other forum of vehicle and your mom/ sister/ wife/ girlfriend pass out right in front of you and bang their head on a corner table. You have to rush them to the hospital and leave your game where it is. When you drop your controller it lands on the analog sticks so your character keeps walking around and you wont disconnect because you're still moving. You come back from the hospital 6 hours later to see you have been spawned killed the entire time by several different people. Again, this is totally hypothetical, but tell me you wouldn't be mad. 

• G37 likes this

Nomad0202
  • Nomad0202

Bellicose Tyrant

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:29 PM Edited by Nomad0202, 10 May 2014 - 05:32 PM.

I like taking their cars and putting them in weird places, like on top of buildings or in train tunnels.
Or if I can't get in their car I steal a bunch of NPC cars from traffic and box them in.

Is this car moving thing not a waste of time? Anyway, I never really see AFK players. I free roam in open lobby's and can't recall the last time. But I would kill them once then move on, if it's clear they were AFK. Plenty of other players who shoot back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users