Photo

Saving my GTA5 save data

2 replies to this topic
TimothyParadox
  • TimothyParadox

Professional Psychopath

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:05 PM

My GTA 5 keeps loading forever when I try to start it. It goes to the loading screen with the GTAV girl on Vespucci Beach, and stays there. The "loading" disc keeps spinning, but loading never ends.

I want to uninstall and reinstall GTAV, but I'm a Playstation noob (I'm actually an undercover PC gamer lol) and I'm concerned about my offline savegames. Where are they? Do I need to back them up? Do they exist in the cloud? What should I do?

Barefoot Tiger
  • Barefoot Tiger

GTAV Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

I want to uninstall and reinstall GTAV, but I'm a Playstation noob (I'm actually an undercover PC gamer lol) and I'm concerned about my offline savegames. Where are they? Do I need to back them up? Do they exist in the cloud? What should I do?

As long as you only delete the install data and do not touch the game save data you will be fine. Installation and Saves are separate files on the console hard drive. 

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:34 PM

You can back them up to a flash drive if you feel safer. I believe it has to be formatted in FAT32.

Navigate to game, game save data, find saves you want to copy (they shoukd have date/time info.... I believe clicking triangle will bring up the option to copy. Select your destination and click ok or whatever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users