Who Wants Jazz On the Radio?

63 replies to this topic
REXX
  • REXX

The Subject | The Hotchick

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:47 PM

I can remember whilst playing GTAIV, there was a radio station that played very old jazz music. I loved that kind of music, it really suited the "driving through the city at night" kind of style. When the episodes of Liberty City were released, I was surprised that they had gotten rid of the radio station. When V/Online was released, I though perhaps they may have added Jazz... well, I was wrong. So, who here thinks it would be a good idea to have Jazz music back on the radio?

• UP9390, Aljohnk, coach_wargo and 10 others like this

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

It's a Massacromance

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

Yeah. That'd be cool. 

Although at night when cruising I listen to Space 103.2 with Bootsy Collins, uhh, bobble

• 33d likes this

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

The Lowdown has a bit of jazz.

• TheMckeever and 33d like this

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

Only if Louis Balfour is the DJ lol

• hywelkidd and DS Monkfish like this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

"I command thy castle hounds, kick Uru's ass..."

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:25 PM

I wish master sounds or JNR made a return.

• REXX likes this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

#MetInPR 😍

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

i always play with my radio off but i'd turn in on for some jazz.

slowly cruising around the city in my stinger gt or roosevelt, listening to some jazz, that would be good, til a tanker in off radar blow me into pieces!

The lords trappings
  • The lords trappings

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:29 PM

I do! I want songs from guru the rapper's jazzmatazz albums. Its all jazz beats playing while guru raps.

guru- lifesaver & loungin
  • Keegeroo likes this

REXX
  • REXX

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

I wish master sounds or JNR made a return.

Mastersounds from San Andreas had some pretty cool grooves too! JNR! Thats the name, I couldn't remember it!

doctorpanda
  • doctorpanda

I'm fully qualified, I swear.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:39 PM

I want hot jazz all over the place.

REXX
  • REXX

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:53 PM

This was a classic track played on JNR... One of the best in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sIoquPMcG_E

• Ermac and Charlie Goodvibes like this

ChrisV
  • ChrisV

Hustler

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:56 PM

please NO :D

• WillWorthington3 likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

I'm saying there "should be" alternative stations, other than what they have now, mainly because what they have now in the game is really great stuff.

However, my personal tastes in music include Jazz, Classical, Ambient, New Age, and that weird Dead Can Dance goth style, as much as I listen to Rock, Hard/Classic Rock, Punk, Alternative, D&B, Punk, or whatever.

I'm a musician, so all genres have appeal, and if they were ever to include more obscure forms on the radio, I'd personally dig it, big time.

• livejoker and FrancoEneiro like this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

"I command thy castle hounds, kick Uru's ass..."

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:03 PM

I'm saying there "should be" alternative stations, other than what they have now, mainly because what they have now in the game is really great stuff.

However, my personal tastes in music include Jazz, Classical, Ambient, New Age, and that weird Dead Can Dance goth style, as much as I listen to Rock, Hard/Classic Rock, Punk, Alternative, D&B, Punk, or whatever.

I'm a musician, so all genres have appeal, and if they were ever to include more obscure forms on the radio, I'd personally dig it, big time.

I just want some chill wave.

Stupid R* for axing Nightride FM

• fw3 likes this

REXX
  • REXX

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:17 PM

What Rockstar should have implemented is being able to add custom music to the game, similar to Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories for the PSP. That way, anyone can listen to what they like!

doser_
  • doser_

Cannabis Connoisseur

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

ME. I loved the jazz in 4. I didn't like they took the station out for TBOGT and TLAD.

Hotfuzz128
  • Hotfuzz128

MetalUpYourAss

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

And dont forget that it has to play some Funk too. 

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

I liked tuning into the Jazz station for GTA IV as it was pretty relaxing and felt perfect alongside Liberty City , so i'd welcome a return in GTA V. 

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

I still can't believe they didn't include a Jazz & Classical station in GTAV... wish they were there :(

OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

Royalty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

• Odesza likes this

REXX
  • REXX

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

I liked tuning into the Jazz station for GTA IV as it was pretty relaxing and felt perfect alongside Liberty City , so i'd welcome a return in GTA V. 

I loved it. Just cruising around Liberty City listening to Jazz. Was one of my favorite things. It was also how I learned most of the map off by heart!

I still can't believe they didn't include a Jazz & Classical station in GTAV... wish they were there :(

I wouldn't mind classical music either. For now, I just tune in to Worldwide FM, which is my favorite radio station in GTA V/Online.

• FrancoEneiro likes this

FelipeSCCP
  • FelipeSCCP

Original Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:02 PM

I would like to see the option to make a custom radio, with 10 or 12 musics that we enjoy, but I don't know if this is possible.

• REXX likes this

REXX
  • REXX

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:05 PM

I would like to see the option to make a custom radio, with 10 or 12 musics that we enjoy, but I don't know if this is possible.

It's obviously not that hard for Rockstar to do. StudioLiverpool, creators of WipEout, made an option where you can add custom music to the game whilst racing. Who's to say Rockstar can't do it either?

livejoker
  • livejoker

Look Deep In My Eyes As I Touch You

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

I hoard music to the point of getting Chinese New Years festival music and I'm not even Chinese. I always wanted to get into classical music and while I found a few songs and listened to them, I never considered myself a classical music lover. It didn't have the right feel to it. When I played Saints Row 2 and saw how many classical songs there was, I was thrilled. It was that game that made my 200-some classical music folder what it is now. If R* would include more diverse stuff than their typical radios (GTA 3 had classical), I would love it. I know many love FlyLo FM but I can't listen to that, so I'm sort of going against my own proposal...

The option to make our own radio station with no ads would be the best musical DLC we could get.

ky1e1792
  • ky1e1792

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:51 PM

I was discussing this with a friend the other day. I think they should have kept each GTA soundtrack on the game through the newer ones. Playing the music from Vice City while playing GTAO would be perfect.

• Buttrumpeteer likes this

Commander S
  • Commander S

I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:58 PM Edited by Cmdr_Shepherd, 10 May 2014 - 08:08 PM.

Oh, f***ing HELL, yes.

I've always got something like Charlie Parker, Art Blakey, Cannonball Adderley, Thad Jones, or whatever, on the stereo the rest of the time (often simply for work purposes!), so it feels 'odd' to be playing GTAO, and there not be some decent Jazz choons to listen to while cruising.

In my book, this stuff's as bad-ass as it comes:

• FrancoEneiro and Buttrumpeteer like this

REXX
  • REXX

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:03 PM

I hoard music to the point of getting Chinese New Years festival music and I'm not even Chinese. I always wanted to get into classical music and while I found a few songs and listened to them, I never considered myself a classical music lover. It didn't have the right feel to it. When I played Saints Row 2 and saw how many classical songs there was, I was thrilled. It was that game that made my 200-some classical music folder what it is now. If R* would include more diverse stuff than their typical radios (GTA 3 had classical), I would love it. I know many love FlyLo FM but I can't listen to that, so I'm sort of going against my own proposal...

The option to make our own radio station with no ads would be the best musical DLC we could get.

There's only one song I like on FlyLo FM and thats "Flying Lotus - The Diddle" because its none of that "hard to follow rhythm" music.

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:26 PM

The Lowdown does the trick for me for when I'm wanting to chill.

-Morbid-
  • -Morbid-

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:12 PM

I preferred the jazz fusion station over the regular jazz station, but I would be happy with either form returning.

• A Maned Wolf likes this

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:33 PM

Yes! Poll it up Thelonius Rexx!
  • REXX likes this

Rented
  • Rented

San Andreas Rewind Lead Developer

• The Connection
  • England

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:02 PM

Well I knew that my Online character is going to be a don(even before release I was tempted to check the leaked radio stations) so I was hoping for a classical/jazz radio station

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users