62 replies to this topic
Captain Mannering
  • Captain Mannering

Zuracation 너 아님 안돼

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:54 PM

Define 'Hardcore racer'.

Because in theory, there is no such thing.

i think i did, the AMOUNT of races one has raced, the TIME dedicated to racing, simple.

Because you've raced a lot, doesn't make you a hardcore racer. It just means you are dedicated to racing a lot. 

Thats what hardcore means....

No. If you really want to be a hardcore racer, lose very little, win a lot. As well as actually being able to race, no constant crashing into obstacles or other racers.

GTA racing is no challenge. If you really want to call yourself a hardcore racer, stick to actual racing games.

snilsson
  • snilsson

Trick

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:54 PM

Damn, I thought I spent a lot of my time racing but I'm only at 1300 races or so..

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

Define 'Hardcore racer'.

i think i did, the AMOUNT of races one has raced, the TIME dedicated to racing, simple.

Because you've raced a lot, doesn't make you a hardcore racer. It just means you are dedicated to racing a lot. 

No. If you really want to be a hardcore racer, lose very little, win a lot.

WRONG.

Hardcore is the amount of time put into a certain activity.     It has nothing to do with wins/losses.  

I won't be arguing this point.. Thats how anyone whos 'hardcore' into something will use the term 'hardcore'.

• Horndog_SA and MightyLA like this

Captain Mannering
  • Captain Mannering

Zuracation 너 아님 안돼

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

Spoiler

Pointing out only part of what I said to repeat yourself only to forget the rest of what I said... mhm..

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:10 PM Edited by Vooodu, 10 May 2014 - 02:10 PM.

Pointing out only part of what I said to repeat yourself only to forget the rest of what I said... mhm..

How about you google the term hardcore and stop complaining about what YOU think it means.  

Seriously...This forum...lol

Hardcore means exactly what i said it means.   Infact you can be 'hardcore' into things that have no wins/losses.

• Horndog_SA, XJpostman and MightyLA like this

purplesaint7
  • purplesaint7

Badass Sniper

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

Did somebody say racing? My Feltzer hungers for winning. PM me if you wanna race (PS3 Only)

Spexo
  • Spexo

Tread lightly...

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:43 PM

I just recently started getting into racing a whole lot. Now, it's almost all that I do when I hop on GTAO. If anyone on PS3 wants to hang out and race and have some good fun, my PSN is on my profile here.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:46 PM

Jollyswagman's the only hardcore racer I know. He's in those more than free roam from what I've seen. Guy whips my ass anytime I try too.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

If the traffic wasn't made of concrete, I would race a lot more.  I love how I crash into an Issi with my Bodhi at full speed and it's like hitting a brick wall.

MichiganMuscle77
  • MichiganMuscle77

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

I'm not "hardcore" but I try to race clean (until someone tries to take me out... Then it's game on)

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

Define 'Hardcore racer'.

Because you've raced a lot, doesn't make you a hardcore racer. It just means you are dedicated to racing a lot. Being a hardcore racer means you've won a lot more races than you've lost, not over half of the amount you've won.

well then i guess theres no such thing as a hardcore racer right as no one will win 4 or 5 times there loss ratio,

But again as there seem to be hardcore dumb people in this world, by Hardcore i mean the AMOUNT of races one has done, the time they have dedicated so i do classify myself a hardcore racer in GTAO due to the 3100 races and the almost 3 full days racing time let alone almost 3 days creating races, despite that not many people can say they have won twice their losses, but AGAIN, i mentioned win/loss ratio has nothing to do with this and yes, you guessed it AGAIN, DUMB people who cannot read and think their comments from their peanut galleries are worthwhile just ARE NOT!

So READ the question put forth from the OP's and if you actually have something relevant and worthwhile to contribute, then go ahead and comment, if not shut up as you only make yourself look dumb by arguing an issue which is not even part of the topic.

Sheesh, I sometimes really wonder with some people "were you seriously the fastest sperm?"

EarthboundMysfit
  • EarthboundMysfit

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:57 PM

There's a guy in my crew who has a record of around 1800-1500, so he's pretty hardcore, with well over 3000 races. His name is Bifordous-Maximus. Only thing is that I have not seen him on GTA in about 3 weeks. He's playing another MMO or something, recently.

Me personally split my time on 3, and sometimes a 4th account, adding them all together I'm around 2500 races(with about a 65% winning percentage)... Not quite hardcore, i know.

Spending 4 and a half days in Creator has kept me out of the "over 3000" group, but i have some awesome tracks to race now, so it's been worth it. Lol
  • Horndog_SA likes this

moostered
  • moostered

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:59 PM Edited by moostered, 10 May 2014 - 04:00 PM.

If the traffic wasn't made of concrete, I would race a lot more.  I love how I crash into an Issi with my Bodhi at full speed and it's like hitting a brick wall.

Usually,in any game or real-life if you hit a car head on you do stop.

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:05 PM

Wow, nice dude. I am a good racer myself, but didn't have time to race as much as you do. Are you in a racing crew?

I have my own crew i created from day one, LSHD, we kinda just turned into a racing crew naturally lol, but as i said, many dont play the game anymore or stopped racing so we left with anywhere from only 3-4 people up to 6-8 racing now which is weak lol.

Feel welcome to add me PS3, i think i have raced you before, your name looks very familiar, Horndog_SA_79  add me and we can race man, again, ive made over 70 of my own races which are very popular and got many likes as opposed to dislikes so yeah, lets have fun.

Define 'Hardcore racer'.

No. If you really want to be a hardcore racer, lose very little, win a lot. As well as actually being able to race, no constant crashing into obstacles or other racers.

GTA racing is no challenge. If you really want to call yourself a hardcore racer, stick to actual racing games.

Many of us do play GT5/6, forza etc etc, so now we bought ourselves GTA and came across racing in GTA, so WE RACE IN GTA, jesus you are such a downer, try being more positive in life and having a healthy attitude and you may make some friends. ffs. read every post on here and look at yours..... GO AWAY if you got nothing to contribute... and stop trying to force your beliefs on everyone else, we adults are chatting here, go away child.

moostered
  • moostered

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:10 PM

I am so hardcore...I race with dumptrucks in the rain...

ha ha, now you the guy im looking for then lmfao, ive made some of those type custom races, done the journey only race in sandy shores, done the faggio lap race at Eclipse towers where you barely make it up the hill, funny as sh!t, done a few funny ones like the golf caddy's etc, they fun.

A question about win/loss ratio.How exactly does it work?If I'm in a 16 person lobby and come second does that count as a loss?

unfortunately yes, you gotta win, stupid i know.
Well that sucks.So that means almost everyone who does a lot of large race lobbies will have a bad win/loss ratio.But someone who just looks for small groups of sh*t racers,will have a good win/loss ratio.I think it should work like this:

Lobby of 1-6:1st place counts as a win,2nd-6th counts as a loss.

Lobby of 7-12:1st and second counts as a win,3rd-12th counts as a loss.

Lobby of 13+:1st-3rd counts as a win,4th-16th counts as a loss.

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:11 PM

Define 'Hardcore racer'.

No. If you really want to be a hardcore racer, lose very little, win a lot.

WRONG.

Hardcore is the amount of time put into a certain activity.     It has nothing to do with wins/losses.  

I won't be arguing this point.. Thats how anyone whos 'hardcore' into something will use the term 'hardcore'.

Glad some people have brains lol.

so sad really how a simple topic can turn like this coz of some stupid nitwit, i said HARDCORE, most people understand that, besides if the topic read any racers out there then the thread would be flooded with guys having 20 races under their belts wtf?

novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

Yeah I will add you when I come home.

What I hate about racing online, is that when you try to join random racing lobbys, I have the problem to get kicked out again, the hosts fall asleep, the race is called "9000xp 1000000$ fast cash" and is skillless because you drive all the highways around san andreas with catch up and slip stream on...which is absolutely frustrating..

I hope you will invite me to some nice races which requires skill and not only racing supercars :p Also coupe, suv, classic etc.

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:16 PM

I am so hardcore...I race with dumptrucks in the rain...

ha ha, now you the guy im looking for then lmfao, ive made some of those type custom races, done the journey only race in sandy shores, done the faggio lap race at Eclipse towers where you barely make it up the hill, funny as sh!t, done a few funny ones like the golf caddy's etc, they fun.

A question about win/loss ratio.How exactly does it work?If I'm in a 16 person lobby and come second does that count as a loss?

unfortunately yes, you gotta win, stupid i know.
Well that sucks.So that means almost everyone who does a lot of large race lobbies will have a bad win/loss ratio.But someone who just looks for small groups of sh*t racers,will have a good win/loss ratio.I think it should work like this:

Lobby of 1-6:1st place counts as a win,2nd-6th counts as a loss.

Lobby of 7-12:1st and second counts as a win,3rd-12th counts as a loss.

Lobby of 13+:1st-3rd counts as a win,4th-16th counts as a loss.

I agree they should do something to this affect, sadly i dont think they will.

serimos6
  • serimos6

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:17 PM Edited by serimos6, 10 May 2014 - 04:24 PM.

I would love to get together with any other hardcore racers out there like myself, i have almost 2100 wins and 1030 losses, so ive raced over 3000 races, ive yet to come across another player with stats like this, NO! not the win/loss ratio and im not getting into this again as i dont cheat and have raced against 2 forum members who agreed im legit, so thats not the issue here, the issue is i havent seen anyone who has raced as much as me, the 3000 races etc.

Are there people out there who have raced as much if not more than me? we got some crew members who race a lot who have 2000 - 2400 races raced but none over 3000.

Just curious if im the only racing fanatic and if not, who are you, maybe we can hook up on PS3 and race.

so let me know if you have raced over 3000 races and just how many, im very interested to see, oh and please to the guys who have done 500 or 1000, thats not impressive and doesnt interest me, i want to see who has really dedicated their time to racing as i have and really raced a hell of a lot of races.

I'd suggest checking out Apex Stalkers (this is the guy who helped you get your sig btw lol) We're 38th in the world for racing and have arguably some of the best racers in PS3, with tons of racing events every single week that typically results in a full lobby each event. We were even honored with being the first racing crew ever featured by rockstar. And while I have a good W/L Ratio, some members have raced a LOT more than I have. Check us out at http://apexstalkers.enjin.com/ man 

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

Yeah I will add you when I come home.

What I hate about racing online, is that when you try to join random racing lobbys, I have the problem to get kicked out again, the hosts fall asleep, the race is called "9000xp 1000000$ fast cash" and is skillless because you drive all the highways around san andreas with catch up and slip stream on...which is absolutely frustrating..

I hope you will invite me to some nice races which requires skill and not only racing supercars :p Also coupe, suv, classic etc.

cool, yeah we do a bit of everything, ive made races for supers. sports, compacts, coupe's, muscle. off road, hell even utility lol, ive tried them all, ive done simple straight up races, stunt races, races with jumps, literally had a hand in it all, ill confess i do enjoy the muscle car in the rain on the sandy shore dirt roads i made, now that requires skill lol. ive got 5 full 16 race playlists of all my stuff but it mixed so you will have decent races, then some fun stupid races like with faggio's and then some gta so yeah, but we will chat.

i prefer no catchup and dont mind slipstream, i do tend to play with catchup on though so i can have a challenge but even then i beat guys by minutes so not sure how catchup is supposed to work, i know it slows me down though lol.

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

I got 3240 races with 1760w/1480l - 77 hours of racing. :)

I'm going to confirm that's a legit number.  

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

Here´s the answer OP. Don´t join if you are worried about your record though, it´ll plummet once you get in. But you´ll get full grids of fast and fair racers and loads of events.

http://apexstalkers....orum/m/18025943

• Horndog_SA likes this

JordanV
  • JordanV

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:31 PM

One of my friends has just under 3400 races. All he does is race.

http://socialclub.ro...rview/gtaonline
  • Horndog_SA likes this

MOA WINGS
  • MOA WINGS

DIY Vehicle Mechanic

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:34 PM Edited by MOA WINGS, 10 May 2014 - 05:34 PM.

I can't be hardcore when a Chrome Adder rams me into infinity and beyond.

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Mr Benevolent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:35 PM

Hardcore doesn't mean you necessarily have to be good at something....

Spoiler

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:13 AM

Our Crew races a lot, we have monthly events too like GP style races, lots of laps etc. Wouldnt say any of us are hardcore as such but we have some very good racers.

Im sadly not one of them. Im alright I suppose but thats about it. 

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer [RETIRED]

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:15 AM

only in freeroam

gives you more freedom and seems more fair

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:27 AM

Na, not too many good racers on here. The majority usually complains about ramming.  These are the people who needs catering so they turn off catch up and race low ranking racers to make sure they don't have the necessary parts to have a fast car. 

ashbashbluesfan
  • ashbashbluesfan

Professional Griefer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:16 AM

I got 3240 races with 1760w/1480l - 77 hours of racing. :)

I'm going to confirm that's a legit number.  

I'd say that's believable for someone that races a lot, I do find the OP's statistics somewhat suspect though, double win/loss ratio is extremely unlikely in any races over 4 players, of course it's possible but most people with stats like that spend a lot of time racing bad crew members and friends or playing against low level opposition on custom made tracks or with modded vehicles in unusual categories like utility or vans.

Not that it's not true, but I wouldn't hold too much to stats until you've played with them.

Virgillio71
  • Virgillio71

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:19 AM

I've got probably 3000 time trials. Lol. Only about 120 races though. Around 70 wins 60 loses. Hate dirty drivers so I don't race much. Just when I'm really bored.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users