Quantcast

» «
Photo

Not so cool things you didn't knew about.

73 replies to this topic
Oskisko
  • Oskisko

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:10 AM Edited by Oskisko, 12 May 2014 - 03:01 PM.

UP: BS. It's just one of maaany random events. Looks like a fail-hate here pal.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

UP: Bullsh*t. Its just one of maaany random events. Looks like a fail-hate here pal.

Do i sound like hating?
It is not random, like everything else and it only occurs after that mission. And it's not obvious. So you can start the game again.

Mr.Wr0ng
  • Mr.Wr0ng

Book-Burner

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:49 PM Edited by Mr.Wr0ng, 12 May 2014 - 03:49 PM.

If you try to start the mission "Casing the Jewel Store" without wearing a suit, the mission won't start and the game tells you to get a suit first.

Then a T-Shirt Marker on the minimap appears. If you get a suit from anywhere except from the place the marker is pointing to and start the mission, the marker won't disappear, even when the mission is completed. Switching characters or disabling and reenabling the minimap won't fix this, neither does progressing in the story.

gta-massy
  • gta-massy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:35 PM

If you try to start the mission "Casing the Jewel Store" without wearing a suit, the mission won't start and the game tells you to get a suit first.
Then a T-Shirt Marker on the minimap appears. If you get a suit from anywhere except from the place the marker is pointing to and start the mission, the marker won't disappear, even when the mission is completed. Switching characters or disabling and reenabling the minimap won't fix this, neither does progressing in the story.

Is that why i have the icon and wont go away? Even online.

Mr.Wr0ng
  • Mr.Wr0ng

Book-Burner

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:51 PM Edited by Mr.Wr0ng, 12 May 2014 - 07:51 PM.

Is that why i have the icon and wont go away? Even online.

Is the shop the icon leads to Poisonbys?

If so, I guess that's what happend to you. I figured that one out the hard way.

Anyway, if you want to fix it for the Online Character, you could try creating a new unaffected singleplayer file which you could save in a empty slot.

You can keep the old affected file, you just have to make sure to load up the new one when you want to switch to Online.

MichaelW
  • MichaelW

Hello, My Children

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:46 AM

You can't leave the car engine on after exiting the car.

You can, but you have to punch the air 2 times, hop in, and then hop out right as you turn it on. Or, just shoot from the car when your in it and risk getting a wanted level.

Wonderful, isn't it?

Erm...you don't have to do that to leave the engine on. If you only tap the "Y" button or the equivalent on PS rather than hold it down to exist, the player gets out of the car without turning the engine off. I've done it a lot when making a quick exit or not pressing the button properly.

It certainly is not something that's wildly complicated. 

No, my friend. It was exactly like that in IV, but that is not the case in V. You turn the engine off regardless of whether you hold Y/Triangle or tap it, unless you are in the combat stance when you exit, hence the need to shoot and or punch.

I've had that happen to me many times. Call me what you want but you don't need to do that overly complicated stuff to do it. 

Stevilknievel
  • Stevilknievel

Outlaw

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:54 AM

This happened to me even though I went to that exact marker and bought a suit there, It won't disappear.

OT: I've just noticed after reading that the steering wheel does indeed not move when you turn your vehicle, your hands just make the motion of it moving.

Now that I've seen it I can't unsee it  :panic:

MichaelW
  • MichaelW

Hello, My Children

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:09 AM

That happened in GTA IV also, probably because Rockstar's still using IV's vehicle modeling processes. I thought I saw the wheel actually spinning on the Bifta when I was racing online but I'm not sure. 

• G.S.T likes this

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:12 AM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 13 May 2014 - 10:14 AM.

That's another thing that annoys me about this game. The apparent invincibility of the police - I just don't understand how they can kill you with very few shots, and pierce your full armor in seconds, yet it can take a while to kill just one of them. And their bullets magically seem to find their way to hit you, regardless of the fact that you have sufficient cover and barriers to protect you from their nearby gunfire. It's similar thing with gang members too. 

I could overlook other flaws if the health system was better, considering the game is enjoyable enough. However, you just don't have enough health and it therefore lowers your ability to have any fun, you die way too easily. I can't count how many times I would have escaped death if the health was even twice as big as it is.

And why do the NOOSE's assault rifles mow you down so quickly? It's like GTA III all over again.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:27 AM

- The Game is sh*t when you actually look at it for what it is

I keep looking, it's still not sh*t. 

• TheMasterfocker likes this

Overmenneske
  • Overmenneske

Player Hater

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

You can, but you have to punch the air 2 times, hop in, and then hop out right as you turn it on. Or, just shoot from the car when your in it and risk getting a wanted level.

Wonderful, isn't it?

Erm...you don't have to do that to leave the engine on. If you only tap the "Y" button or the equivalent on PS rather than hold it down to exist, the player gets out of the car without turning the engine off. I've done it a lot when making a quick exit or not pressing the button properly.

No, my friend. It was exactly like that in IV, but that is not the case in V. You turn the engine off regardless of whether you hold Y/Triangle or tap it, unless you are in the combat stance when you exit, hence the need to shoot and or punch.

I've had that happen to me many times. Call me what you want but you don't need to do that overly complicated stuff to do it. 

Ermac is right, it's not possible. You must have entered the car in combat mode, and forgotten it.

So yes - you do need to do that overly complicated stuff to do it. :)

MichaelW
  • MichaelW

Hello, My Children

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:47 AM

Wonderful, isn't it?

Ermac is right, it's not possible. You must have entered the car in combat mode, and forgotten it.

So yes - you do need to do that overly complicated stuff to do it. :)

You may need to. But I don't.

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:15 AM

After you unlock the parachutes, you can't basejump moderate heights with Trevor with his rage mode on. Following happens:
1. You jump with rage engaged.
2. Parachute appear on your back, disengaging your rage.
3. You splat on the ground, deaded.
4. Parachute deploys.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:18 AM

About the engine of the car running after you get out, I often am able to do that when I have a wanted level.

I find it highly annoying that there are rooms in your own house (Michael and Franklin) that you can't even enter. I get the whole "console limitations" thing but still.

Its also annoying how you can spend a couple million bucks on a business that you can't even enter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users