Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you think R* will do any football themed things on GTAO?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic
BamBamtheBlonde
  • BamBamtheBlonde

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

Okay with the 2014 Brasil World Cup just around the corner, do you think there will be any football themed DLC or Events during the World Cup?

This could be anything from things relating to the 32 teams countries to football themed clothing maybe even Football themed horns.

Since R* have done something for most world events since GTA Online lunched it just makes me wonder whether R* will do a football themed one.

What is your thoughts on this due to the World Cup being a big event that brings to world to a stand still from the start all the way to the final (lets not forget the tears).

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

Does "most world events" mean Christmas and valentine's day?

I'm not against it, I just don't think it'll happen. And I'm ok with that.
  • Myoyoy, VoodooVibez, I3AZZAI2 and 1 other like this

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

Vuvuzela horns anyone?

• CarimboHanky and W1LLMaT1c like this

Rented
  • Rented

San Andreas Rewind Lead Developer

• The Connection
  • England

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:27 AM

They don't give a sh*t about Football in America.

Pretending to be hurt and sh*t

Franklin7
  • Franklin7

A big Franklin fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

Who do you support por favour >

i support portugal

and i doubt it :(

bruvs-mcfc
  • bruvs-mcfc

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:49 AM

Love the online game , but pay no attention really to rockstar as a company , but could have sworn I saw that at least part of it was based in UK (leeds) if so why not involve football
  • Myoyoy likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:49 AM Edited by Hodgey., 10 May 2014 - 11:51 AM.

I think it would be a nice little addition to the game but I dont see it happening.

Love the online game , but pay no attention really to rockstar as a company , but could have sworn I saw that at least part of it was based in UK (leeds) if so why not involve football

Rockstar North who have created pretty much every GTA game to date are based in Edinbrugh, so I'm sure they have a few football fans working there.

InYeezusWeTrust
  • InYeezusWeTrust

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:51 AM

If they didn't do anything for the Super Bowl, why would they do something for diveball?
  • ~TKP~ likes this

BamBamtheBlonde
  • BamBamtheBlonde

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

I wouldn't mind a few football themed clothes or horns like the Great Escape tune, or the tunes to the chants that are most often heard like the famous world wide used chant tunes.

btw Rockstar North is Scotish since they're the main ones behind the GTA Series.

bruvs-mcfc
  • bruvs-mcfc

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

I think it would be a nice little addition to the game but I dont see it happening.

Rockstar North who have created pretty much every GTA game to date are based in Edinbrugh, so I'm sure they have a few football fans working there.
Really well the sweaty socks(jocks) are even more mad for it,we wouldn't be pandering to our friends over the Atlantic would we , question highest no of players in Europe or us ?

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

I'm surprised they didn't have basketball on street courts in the game, in terms of sports. 

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

If they didn't do anything for the Super Bowl, why would they do something for diveball?

Well football is a much bigger sport and the World Cup will have a massive audience, whereas the NFL isn't as popular. Plus R* North are based in Scotland.

InYeezusWeTrust
  • InYeezusWeTrust

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

Well football is a much bigger sport and the World Cup will have a massive audience, whereas the NFL isn't as popular. Plus R* North are based in Scotland.

This game takes place in 'Merica!!

Maybe when they remake GTA London(lol) they'll include some divegrass DLC

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:03 PM

It may take place in America but it's made in Britain. If that's your argument then why is there a football (soccer) pitch in the game and not a american football field?

• SP1D3R-ZA and HappyHogJens like this

bruvs-mcfc
  • bruvs-mcfc

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

Should have been based there from the start non of your man made easy negotiated grid like street system , a proper map that takes some learning , obviously by the time we decided to discover your country for you , simpler street systems had been devised

homeskillet
  • homeskillet

Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:09 PM

soccer/futball is a joke.

From the drama queen pussy players to the obsessed, violent fans the whole sport has become a joke.

• ~TKP~ likes this

bruvs-mcfc
  • bruvs-mcfc

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:13 PM

From the drama queen pussy players to the obsessed, violent fans the whole sport has become a joke.

That's bolloc#s were f*ck all like that ans if you say it again we will come and kick your ed in , lol only kidding .........................maybe

InYeezusWeTrust
  • InYeezusWeTrust

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:14 PM Edited by InYeezusWeTrust, 10 May 2014 - 12:15 PM.

Should have been based there from the start non of your man made easy negotiated grid like street system , a proper map that takes some learning , obviously by the time we decided to discover your country for you , simpler street systems had been devised

Yes! I always love history lessons. Tell me more about your tiny island.

So true! Oh god he touched my shoestring, better fall on the field for 5 minutes holding my shoulder.

Also this is the only sport were teams root against their own players because if their race(ie AC Milan)

Only sport were fans throw live grenades on the field if their team is playing bad

Only sport wear fans trample and kill opposing fans. And then piss on their dead bodies(I'm talking about you Liverpoop)

bruvs-mcfc
  • bruvs-mcfc

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

So true! Oh god he touched my shoestring, better fall on the field for 5 minutes holding my shoulder.

Also this is the only sport were teams root against their own players because if their race(ie AC Milan)

Only sport were fans throw live grenades on the field if their team is playing bad

Only sport wear fans trample and kill opposing fans. And then piss on their dead bodies(I'm talking about you Liverpoop)
Well if you "guys" were not to busy running round schools shooting little children maybe you might develop a little passion into something other than food and guns , and history lol you have non remind me again of the name of the language you speak .
  • Luk38644, Dead_general and HappyHogJens like this

HappyHogJens
  • HappyHogJens

KashMoneyBros

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:32 PM

Because football is the biggest sport everywhere but America

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Jukebox F*ckup

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:37 PM Edited by T0X1C, 10 May 2014 - 12:44 PM.

Because literally 10 people outside of America care about handegg...

The World Cup is the biggest event on earth.

------------------------

On the topic of Rockstar, they're based in Edinburgh and the devs are massive football fans. Most if them support Hibernian.
They actually named Roman and Vlad from GTA IV after something football related.

Roman Bednar (former striker) and Vladimir Romanov (former owner) of rivals Hearts had a falling out which Rockstar found so funny that they named the characters after them.
True story.
  • Luk38644, ~TKP~, UnicornAssassin and 2 others like this

InYeezusWeTrust
  • InYeezusWeTrust

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

Because football is the biggest sport everywhere but America

Guess where this game takes place?

Well if you "guys" were not to busy running round schools shooting little children maybe you might develop a little passion into something other than food and guns , and history lol you have non remind me again of the name of the language you speak .

So passion= being racist and murdering fans because they root for a different team?

lol how long have you been a Man City find. From my understanding they only recently became good. Some passionate "fan" you are

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:42 PM

Probably not, but the home kit from the world's biggest countries would be sick.

InYeezusWeTrust
  • InYeezusWeTrust

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:43 PM Edited by InYeezusWeTrust, 10 May 2014 - 12:44 PM.

thats why when the NFL goes to London, the games sells out in minutes.

i will ask this again. Where does this game take place?

When has rockstar even done anything special for Yuropeens and third world country dwellers?

DawkinsEfect
  • DawkinsEfect

5-0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

Unless I can meet some Brazil ladies of the night, then no.

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Jukebox F*ckup

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:50 PM

All the 'Muricans living in London were so desperate to be able to watch a sport that's 95% advertisements again. :p

I still maintain that handegg is rugby's mentally handicapped little brother. Helmets? Really? Grow a pair.

• Luk38644 and SP1D3R-ZA like this

Luk38644
  • Luk38644

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

i will ask this again. Where does this game take place?

When has rockstar even done anything special for Yuropeens and third world country dwellers?

I am a massive football fan, have been for 17years of my 20years on this earth, and support Ipswich Town (We were big once *sigh*) but for a Yank to come on here, saying that American Football is better than football? What a joke. I dont mind the NFL, but its got nothing on football.

As for your constant slagging off of anywhere that isnt America, its quite typical of the majority of your population. Never left America, so cant see that America is actually a bad place to live in comparison to some places in Europe and Asia.

To the OP - I dont think R* will bother, they're probably getting heists ready still, but would be nice to have a few shirts or something in there maybe? Who knows. Im buzzed for the WC either way!

sash2k4plus
  • sash2k4plus

Mile high club

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

Go play FIFA.

Myoyoy
  • Myoyoy

Playa

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:53 PM

------------------------

On the topic of Rockstar, they're based in Edinburgh and the devs are massive football fans. Most if them support Hibernian.
They actually named Roman and Vlad from GTA IV after something football related.

Roman Bednar (former striker) and Vladimir Romanov (former owner) of rivals Hearts had a falling out which Rockstar found so funny that they named the characters after them.
True story.

a massive football fan here in england even though im a hammer,but love the nfl and the new york jets,so your very wrong dude!!

redpoint
  • redpoint

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:57 PM

No need, we have FIFA mate...

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users