• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

- SA sucks.

- CJ sucks.

- Claude sucks.

I was with you 100% till you got to Claude.

• Picking up hookers isnt all that fun. It's something I do maybe once or twice when the game first comes out then never bother with it again.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

Saints Row isn't that good. Not good enough to be a substitute for any GTA game.

• Midnightz, Hodgey., killdrivetheftvehicle and 2 others like this

Special Members
  • Special Members

Der Hund abides!

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

- Different Universes are the biggest load of bullsh*t I have ever heard.

i know right.

R* must be laughing their ass's off at the people that eat that sh*t up.

If different universes aren´t a thing, then why does Liberty City in GTA IV look completely different from the LC in GTA III and LCS. The same with Los Santos in SA and V. Trying to say that different universes don´t exist doesn´t make any sense at all.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:37 PM

I think it should be made clear that "fun" is extremely subjective. For one reason or another people on this forum seem to think "fun" is exclusive to big explosions, flying planes, driving tanks etc.

On my most recent save of GTA IV I played it longer after the story than I did with GTA V infact. I actually like hanging out with the friends/girlfriends among the side missions so for me it has plenty of things to do after the story.

That's a TRUE unpopular opinion that GTA IV is actually fun.

When it comes right down to it I actually kept returning to... EFLC just because GTA IV's physics are fun as hell to mess around with. If you get me a map and let me draw circles in MS paint, I can show you 3 different places where it's fun just to run into someone with the analog stick until they fall off a cliff.

I wish they kept that walking style for V, because there's 3 hikers at the top of mount chiliad but now I have to spend an hour figuring out the angle of approach and then run at them at the right angle just to get them to fall off.

In GTA IV, the slightest tap and you can send people down stairs and off cliffs to your heart's content. And you don't even get wanted levels for it unless the person you happen to be pushing is a police officer. And there's this one fence collision detection glitch at a bohan subway station that's just plain awesome.

But that was probably one of the only things that kept me coming back. And the clubs and the APC in BOGT of course. I'm not dead, I know a good time when I see it.

• B Dawg and theGTAking101 like this

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:23 PM

- SA sucks.

- CJ sucks.

- Claude sucks.

I was with you 100% till you got to Claude.

• Picking up hookers isnt all that fun. It's something I do maybe once or twice when the game first comes out then never bother with it again.

Too lifeless character for me.

• theGTAking101 likes this

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

- Different Universes are the biggest load of bullsh*t I have ever heard.

i know right.
R* must be laughing their ass's off at the people that eat that sh*t up.
If different universes aren´t a thing, then why does Liberty City in GTA IV look completely different from the LC in GTA III and LCS. The same with Los Santos in SA and V. Trying to say that different universes don´t exist doesn´t make any sense at all.

^^This unfortunately.

As sh*tty and lame as separate universes are, they exist.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:14 PM

The Murrieta Oil Field in V was unnecessary waste of space that could've been used for more suburbs.

• Special Members and IanE55 like this

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

Oops, forgot one:

- Yes, a female lead is possible and would be very cool to see in a GTA game. That said, R* needs to improve their lead character writing for them to be successful in writing a female lead. In V, it was BONEHEADED for R* to offer 3 playable males but not 1 female. Hello missed opportunity.

Truth.

• universetwisters likes this

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:38 PM

The Murrieta Oil Field in V was unnecessary waste of space that could've been used for more suburbs.

i actually was vert disappointed by the small size of it, i wanted a big oil field and i also wanted the windfarm to be much bigger.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:45 AM

Every protagonist who is an ethnic minority in GTA sucks ass. Not because I hold some type of racial prejudice, because Rockstar can't write them at all, they try to focus too much on the fact they aren't white. Maybe write an African-American, Chinese, Hispanic, whatever, like they write every other protagonist and they should be fine.
  • Midnightz, Miamivicecity, universetwisters and 1 other like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:54 AM

i actually was vert disappointed by the small size of it, i wanted a big oil field and i also wanted the windfarm to be much bigger.

Have you seen the quarry? Look at a quarry in real life and then back at the one in V. Tell me where the one in V flops.

Yuna
  • Yuna

The Pole Position

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:24 AM Edited by Yuna, 13 June 2014 - 06:28 AM.

I don't know what constitutes as a popular or unpopular opinion (the only thing I know for sure is people seem to agree on a wide scale that Vice City is one of the top GTA games), so I'll just throw mine out there.

In my opinion...

• GTA V had the best character relationships
  • The cheat in GTA III that allowed you to play as all sorts of different civilian women is awesome and timeless
  • The Ballad of Gay Tony had the best mini games out of all of the GTA installments (air hockey, QUB3D, etc. - I know these are in the other games, but they're so much more fun in Gay Tony for some reason)
  • Gay Tony had the best pause menu music
  • Vice City had the best overall feel and vibe
  • Vice City had the best strip club
  • Trevor Phillips has an attractive personality
  • Gay Tony was superior to GTA IV
  • theGTAking101 and LowiPL like this

Bluewave984
  • Bluewave984

Finest

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:47 AM

-Liberty City (HD) was better than Los Santos (HD)
-Driving was better in GTA 4
-Trevor needs to go
-Vice City Stories was under-rated
-Gta 4 should have used A different name than Liberty City so it leads to less confusion
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:01 PM Edited by Vercetti42, 03 July 2014 - 02:07 PM.

Okay so I'm going to go ahead give this a bump for a few of my unpopular opinions.

Firstly why is everyone so obsessed with remakes? Sure it's going to have some nicer graphics and perhaps smoother gameplay but it's still the same game. It's still the same GTA. It's still going to have the same flaws. (Yes, every GTA has flaws and you have to be incredibly biased to think otherwise, just saying) V's "remake" isn't a remake at all. The only reason it's coming to NG/PC is because it released so late into 7th gen and Rockstar want GTA to evolve. Plus they had to release the PC version at one point and the NG version itself could chip in with a few extra bucks.

The point here is that remakes are nothing but a waste of time. I'd rather have Rockstar work on something new and make it brilliant and recycle the same old game with better graphics. After all weren't the 3 era fans the ones that said graphics aren't everything?

I also feel that remakes destroy the original magic feel of the game. Has anyone ever seen ENB  mods here? Sure they look nice and smooth but at the same time artificial and nothing like what Rockstar gave us back in the day.

I'd honestly dread seeing a remake of any GTA even VC, SA or IV. SA's remake would make the map seem incredibly small. (Another great reason for SA fanboys to complain) IV's and VC's would absolutely destroy the original magic feel of the game.

Case in point: I feel these games are good as they are. Typical Rockstar quality. They are fantastic but have flaws. A remake is going to change nothing and is simply a waste of time. People complain about COD being recycled every year... well it's the same thing here as well so there is a bit of hypocrisy involved here.

Secondly, and this refers to another obsession on the forum lately. what is the obsession with jetpacks? Okay they were a nice feature in SA but how exactly were they different to planes/helicopters? (I know it's a bit easier to control but it isn't a huge difference) I'm not saying this feature is totally terrible but it isn't totally amazing either.

For instance if a jetpack obsessed member is reading this now, he is bound to believe what I say now:

"If you jump of the Rotterdam tower 100 times in GTA IV a jetpack will spawn at the top."

It makes no sense.

Thirdly, and rather honestly, I feel that SA has spoiled some of the fans minds here. Some people expect nothing but SA with updated graphics. I LOVED SA but I'm not a big lunatic about it or anything.

I honestly wish SA was never released or never released in it's current state. Then at least it would have not made the fans so narrow minded and believing only Rockstar throwing content straight at your face makes a good game. And it doesn't help when they say this either:

"I WANT CJ"

"JETPACKS! JETPACKS! JETPACKS!"

"DANCING, DANCING, VALET MISSIONS ARE SO FUN BUT GTA IV/V ISN'T CRIME RELATED"

"MY OPINION IS A FACT"

And fourthly, last but not the least. I think The Truth is a really overrated character. I thought he was boring and tedious. Working with him felt like a chore and I never really liked his personality. I also feel Claude is a really overrated character. He had really no personality whatsoever. Sure he's more mysterious but all GTA characters are. 

If I am blunt. I actually believe that CJ is a better protagonist than him. Sure CJ is a bit whiny but he has a personality and backstory whilst Claude had almost none of it.

Anywho that's my list of unpopular opinions for now. If you read the whole thing, I appreciate it, if you didn't, now is the time to get educated, especially if you're some crazy SA fan.

• Miamivicecity, ssbawesome and bengalboy_0701 like this

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:55 PM

Agreed. I don't give even half a sh*t about the jetpack.

• Miamivicecity, Jeansowaty and ssbawesome like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:08 AM

Agreed. I don't give even half a sh*t about the jetpack.

Personally I think the jetpack is the product of something people can't have rather than them actually wanting it. 

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:45 AM Edited by Boris The Vodka, 04 July 2014 - 04:04 AM.

Missions that involve RC vehicles are the best.

The Stories have the best side-missions to date.

Las Venturas feels kinda empty.

Sindaccos deserve more attention and maybe even a game dedicated to them, seeing how other two families have one.

The characters in SA are better than characters in IV.

Saints Row is better than GTA.

Vice City Stories is better than the original Vice City.

Liberty City of III looks and feels better than Liberty City of IV.

And last but not least - SonOfLiberty is not a fanboy.

• Miamivicecity likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:52 AM

And last but not least - SonOfLiberty is not a fanboy.

I take offense to this.

• Boris The Vodka, Niko Vercetti 112 and Jeansowaty like this

WittyUsername
  • WittyUsername

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:17 AM

I don't understand why everyone wants more forest and more desert. To me, a crime game is more of an urban thing. with forest and forest, desert and desert, it's just, you know, nothing. When I think of gangs and crime families, I think about shootings taking place in a city, not hunting deer or walking around on orange ground a long ways from any road. To me, it just seems like a lifeless and dull way to increase the map size.

I don't mind a little bit of it, and I think it'd be cool if you could bury people in the desert or take people out to the forest to shoot them, since there'd be a lack of cops, but other than that? I don't get it.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:57 AM

Adding on to what WittyUsername said, I personally don't feel that countryside is a necessity for GTA like some people think. Look at the games that have it, in comparison to those that don't. That's a 1:6 ratio (not counting Advance because I've never considered it a true GTA game). Asside from a means to lose the cops easier, which itself isn't worth much since you're always close to a road anyway, I don't see too much use for it other than to add to the atmosphere. Places like LS and LV really do need it to get the exact feel, but why bitch about no countryside in IV when New York doesn't need it to feel like New York?

If they do add it in again there better be a good reason to do so. Say we get another SA city or a new place based on a southern state, then fine because it feels right. Say we get a midwest or east coast setting, I don't want to see Rockstar throw it in to appeal to fanboys.

I'm kind of in the middle with the countryside in a VC based game though. The swamp and marshland is iconic for Florida, but unless there's a second city it's nothing more than just... Well, swamps. I don't want half the map being Lago Zancudo times 20.
  • Miamivicecity and Ermac. like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

I hate the score in GTA 5

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

Another Unpopular Opinion: universetwisters sucks

Huang Leroy
  • Huang Leroy

A.K.A. YungLive201

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:41 PM Edited by Huang Leroy, 05 July 2014 - 05:09 PM.

- Alderney State (if done accurately) would make a great GTA setting on its own.

- Vice City is wildly overrated by a lot of the fans (The setting in general, not the game).

• theGTAking101 and Jeansowaty like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

Another Unpopular Opinion: universetwisters sucks

>States unpopular opinion
>Bashes without any reason

Okay.

• Boris The Vodka and theGTAking101 like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:05 PM

Adding on to what WittyUsername said, I personally don't feel that countryside is a necessity for GTA like some people think. Look at the games that have it, in comparison to those that don't. That's a 1:6 ratio (not counting Advance because I've never considered it a true GTA game). Asside from a means to lose the cops easier, which itself isn't worth much since you're always close to a road anyway, I don't see too much use for it other than to add to the atmosphere. Places like LS and LV really do need it to get the exact feel, but why bitch about no countryside in IV when New York doesn't need it to feel like New York?
If they do add it in again there better be a good reason to do so. Say we get another SA city or a new place based on a southern state, then fine because it feels right. Say we get a midwest or east coast setting, I don't want to see Rockstar throw it in to appeal to fanboys.
I'm kind of in the middle with the countryside in a VC based game though. The swamp and marshland is iconic for Florida, but unless there's a second city it's nothing more than just... Well, swamps. I don't want half the map being Lago Zancudo times 20.

I agree with this. GTA IV never needed countryside. R* wanted a more authentic representation of NYC and having unnecessary countryside would've taken away too much from the city IMO.

To be honest GTA V barely gets a good balance as neither the countryside or city feel that exceptional so I'm glad R* focussed their efforts on just city in GTA IV.

Countryside is alright, but I personally don't want it added just for the sake of it being added.

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:28 PM Edited by ObsydianRaven, 10 July 2014 - 12:30 PM.

• SA was awful.
  • BOGT was a bad direction for IV
  • V is nothing but fan-service to SA Fanboys.
  • f*ck the idea of having Vice City, San Fiero, or Las Venturas as the setting for the next GTA.
  • universetwisters, theGTAking101 and Jeansowaty like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

• SA was awful.
  • BOGT was a bad direction for IV
  • V is nothing but fan-service to SA Fanboys.
  • f*ck the idea of having Vice City, San Fiero, or Las Venturas as the setting for the next GTA.

In other words, you're a GTA IV fanboy. :p

• Miamivicecity likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

- I think a GTA in the south would be a lot better than a GTA on the west coast

- I prefer stealing cars rather than using the protag's personal vehicle in V

- GTA Online is the beginning of the end

Pyroshox
  • Pyroshox

The Public Enemy

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Germany

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:55 PM Edited by Pyroshox, 10 July 2014 - 04:05 PM.

-Chinatown Wars was a very good GTA.

-GTA III Beta/Alpha does not exist, because Rockstar kept adding on to the game until it reached its final version.

I'll add more later.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

-The Beat 102.7 and MSX FM were the best radio stations in the series.

-Chopper bikes are better than the rice rockets.

-The Diabolus and Revenant are better than the Hexer.

-Samuel Deever is the most disturbing GTA character ever.

-The Hermes is the worst vehicle in the entire GTA Series.

-The Emperor from GTA4 is the best vehicle in the entire GTA Series.

-The Cognoscenti Cabrio is the best sports car in the entire GTA Series.

-Molly Schultz was hot.

-VC's/VCS soundtrack was very dull and boring. 

-Wildstyle and Fresh 105 FM were the best radios in Vice City.

-I'm not hating Claude because he wiped out the Yakuza, but because he is stupid.

-The Leone Family was the worst gang in the series.

-Salvatore Leone was the worst antagonist in the series.

-WorldWide FM is the worst GTA Radio Station ever, because it has Dubstep in it.

-I'm never having fun with prostitutes, except the 3D Universe because of the extra health.

-Ray Machowski is the best mission giver in GTA3.

-The AK-47 in GTA5 was seriously dumbed down and is the least realistical depiction of the AK-47 ever.

-I prefer the AK-47 over the M4.

-I prefer the Desert Eagle over the Python and the Pistol/Glock.

-I prefer the Assault Shotgun from TLAD over the Explosive Shotgun from TBOGT.

-The Turismo, Super GT and Infernus are way worse than the Bullet.

-The Oceanic is the best 50's car in the series.

-The GTA SA girlfriends were hot (except Helena)

-I spared everyone I could in GTA IV.

-I killed Derrick, Playboy X and have chosen both endings, by using different save games.

-I didn't like killing Ray Boccino.

-Phil Bell, Mallorie Bardas and Bernie Crane would be good friends in IV.

-The Micro Uzi is better than the MP5 in IV.

-The Desert Eagle is the best pistol in the series, followed by the AP Pistol and the Pistol .44.

-The M4 is the worst weapon in the series.

-The next GTA won't be GTA VI.

-A GTA game has to feature Carcer City.

-I prefer the MG over the M249.

-Ryder deserved a better death in SA.

-Michelle was the worst girlfriend in GTA IV.

-The Russian Mafia is the best gang in the series.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users