Unpopular Opinions Thread

595 replies to this topic
Keano
  • Keano

Two Number Nines

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:05 PM

Overtime Rumble is one of the best Adversary Modes released. Shootout is very good too but I just don't have the patience to wait on other players especially ones purposely idling. Not Rockstar's fault though and it's a cool concept but Rumble is awesome.

Liberty City Stories is one of the best games ever - I know but I have a reputation of changing my favorite Rockstar game everyday but I don't care

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Straight outta Pluton's Ass

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by GrudgefromSanAndreas, 4 weeks ago.

• Boats are the only vehicles in V that have decent handling
  • Claude is more handsome than Tommy Vercetti That depends actually, in-game Tommy looks better, but on some covers and artworks Claude looks more legit
  • The VC girl that appears in the game icon and a cover (one of the twins) is better than the blonde with ifruit on V cover
  • The Truth is probably the best character in SA
  • Whem Tommy's angry, it's more annoying than angry CJ
  • Despite that, i enjoyed GTA VC
  • If LCS & VCS were made for ps2 first and then for psp, they'd be better and have more content obviously but also they could've added even more cars than in GTA SA
  • GTA San Andreas doesn't have a Stories version because everything is already told in The Introduction DVD
  • Bandito looks post-apocalyptic rather than being a buggy
  • Cops in VC are more dangerous than in SA or i might just suck at evading them
  • The basketball minigame in SA is cool but stupid, as you can play basketball in real life and it only has two or three moves.
  • Same goes for tennis, darts and maybe bowling 
  • Golf, on the other hand, is a more useful minigame as many don't or rarely have the chance to play golf in reality
  • Claude looks better in III than SA
  • GTA2 had the best traffic AI, GTA IV is second and V third-best
  • Walking/running in III and VC was riddiculous and fun(ny), unlike SA where it was meh

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 4 weeks ago

GTA IV's driving destroys all of these games. 

GTA4? lol. EVERYTHING feels like a boat. Hell no. Not even close. SA is the best IMO.

Seriously, the only GamePlay thing that I can't argue about GTA4 is the shooting. Best in an Open-World game yet.

• GrudgefromSanAndreas likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 weeks ago

GTA IV's driving destroys all of these games.

GTA4? lol. EVERYTHING feels like a boat. Hell no. Not even close. SA is the best IMO.

Seriously, the only GamePlay thing that I can't argue about GTA4 is the shooting. Best in an Open-World game yet.
ummmm no. IV has great vehicle handling, every vehicle handles very different. For shooting, IV is second, V being the first of coruse
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago

GTA4? lol. EVERYTHING feels like a boat..

Darling. I doubt you've ever driven a boat to know what one feels like.;)

In any case GTA IV's still the driving physics king.:)
  • B Dawg and CGFforLife like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 weeks ago

GTA4? lol. EVERYTHING feels like a boat..

Darling. I doubt you've ever driven a boat to know what one feels like.;)
In any case GTA IV's still the driving physics king.:)
People who said IV car handle like a boat might be just trying to look smart :D. And I'm seriously doubt they even know how boat actually handle, neither does they ever drive one.

And to add more, even boat and car in IV handle very different

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

• GTA V's Los Santos is just as bad as Vice City
  • Trevor is a terribly written character with over the top behavior as a cop out
  • Franklin was only there to be the token black guy 
  • GTA III was the most cohesive experience in GTA
  • GTA IV was only short of a masterpiece because of free roam features being removed between it and SA
  • GTA Online is a steaming pile of over the top paramilitary/Fast7 garbage geared toward people who aren't old enough to legally buy the game

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Mister Pink, 4 weeks ago.

People who said IV car handle like a boat might be just trying to look smart :D. And I'm seriously doubt they even know how boat actually handle, neither does they ever drive one.

You mean people like Dan Houser? :D Afterall he said himself.  Also, I think they handle like boats. As in, oftentimes the the circle of turning was wider than one would want/anticipate which can be very frustrating at times. Do I like GTA IV's driving physics. Yes. I think they work on a small map but I still need they could be better. Somewhere between IV and V would be perfect. If IV is Forza then I want VI to be like a Horizon game. Fun, fast but also takes skill and concentration but is not too punishing. 

Also, I know how boats handle. Been sailing since I was a kid: Optimist's, Folk Boats, Mirrors, Leisure 17 to bigger as well as using old punts and rubber dinghys. 

Also, I don't think anyone is saying cars are boat-like in IV, therefore boats and cars in IV handle the same. They're just saying cars are boat-like as in the turning circumference can be very wide and it can be a nightmare taking tight corners at speed. 

Before someone tries to suggest that I suck at the driving that seems to come with criticism over GTA IV's handling, that's far from the truth. I've generally been a fan of driving games all my life from Outrun to Lotus Challenge to TDU, MC:LA, NFS: series, GT and Forza. Driving is actually one of things I'm semi-decent at in competitively in videogames. I enjoy driving in IV. I do think it needs improvement though. For me it's 80%-90% near perfection. Actually, would have been lovely drive cars with IV's physics through countryside and around some winding roads and hills. 

• Algonquin Assassin, ten-a-penny and CGFforLife like this

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

You mean people like Dan Houser? :D Afterall he said himself.  Also, I think they handle like boats. As in, oftentimes the the circle of turning was wider than one would want/anticipate which can be very frustrating at times. Do I like GTA IV's driving physics. Yes. I think they work on a small map but I still need they could be better. Somewhere between IV and V would be perfect. If IV is Forza then I want VI to be like a Horizon game. Fun, fast but also takes skill and concentration but is not too punishing. 

Also, I know how boats handle. Been sailing since I was a kid: Optimist's, Folk Boats, Mirrors, Leisure 17 to bigger as well as using old punts and rubber dinghys. 

Also, I don't think anyone is saying cars are boat-like in IV, therefore boats and cars in IV handle the same. They're just saying cars are boat-like as in the turning circumference can be very wide and it can be a nightmare taking tight corners at speed. 

Before someone tries to suggest that I suck at the driving that seems to come with criticism over GTA IV's handling, that's far from the truth. I've generally been a fan of driving games all my life from Outrun to Lotus Challenge to TDU, MC:LA, NFS: series, GT and Forza. Driving is actually one of things I'm semi-decent at in competitively in videogames. I enjoy driving in IV. I do think it needs improvement though. For me it's 80%-90% near perfection. Actually, would have been lovely drive cars with IV's physics through countryside and around some winding roads and hills. 

Thing with GTA IV's cars is most people don't understand they're cutting 90 degree turns on narrow NYC roads at 40 mph. The cars don't handle like boats, they understeer because you have to use the brakes and slow down to 10-15 mph to safely take those corners. 

• Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, Rico44 and 4 others like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 4 weeks ago

Thing with GTA IV's cars is most people don't understand they're cutting 90 degree turns on narrow NYC roads at 40 mph. 

..... Not true. Like, not at all. The sh*tty feeling is still there even if you drive slower than a snail.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 4 weeks ago

I agree the turning circumference is wide, but as the large majority of roads/corners are at a sharp and tight angle trying to approach them like an F1 car is a silly thing to do IMO.

Maybe if it was European countryside with flowing and rolling roads then yeah.:p

The only thing I'd change about GTA IV's driving is lowering the centre of gravity on the SUVs. I love that they're so punishing when you mess things up.

It's refreshing compared to the plethora of hand holding, arcade garbage out there.
  • Mister Pink likes this

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

-GTA III had sh*t radio. Chatterbox and Flashback was good. Except one song on Head Radio, everything else sucked.

-Vice City is terribly overrated. Before people throw a tantrum at me, I do like the game (Great soundtrack, vibe and map), but I still don´t get why people think Tommy was such a good protagonist, or why people praise the story so much.

-The death of Johnny K wasn´t such a big deal.

You're nuts. I still listen to Rise FM cuts in my car when I'm out like twice a week

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 4 weeks ago

trying to approach them like an F1 car is a silly thing to do IMO.

But I'm driving slowly.....

R3D-RAB1T
  • R3D-RAB1T

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

- Vs police has the worlds best aim if they can kill you half way across san andreas
- Trevor and Franklin
- how everything is some how referencing the 80s
- Vs vehicle damage
- Vs insta death when flying out of your car and how you take so much damage from tripping
- alittle bit of IV and Vs music choices
- In V theres little places to enter except afew bars and stores

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Mister Pink, 4 weeks ago.

Thing with GTA IV's cars is most people don't understand they're cutting 90 degree turns on narrow NYC roads at 40 mph. The cars don't handle like boats, they understeer because you have to use the brakes and slow down to 10-15 mph to safely take those corners. 

Well maybe give people the benefit of your doubt and don't assume. :D I realize that you can slow down and it might be "30-40mph if measured but it's actually to a crawl by video game standards. By that I mean comparable to other open world games contemporary and before. If you slow down to 10-15mph in IV or any game it's to an actual crawling speed when in the context of a videogame. Because videogames are an escapism and usually the first thing people do is to try go fast as they can. Also, to actually take corners at a speed that's comparable to games within the genre, like Driver: Parallel Lines, previous GTAs, Saints Row and so forth, the turning in IV is quite wide.  It's like slowing down to take a corner in Gran Turismo as apposed to a free-roam, open-world game. That's the juxtaposition. 

V for me goes way too in the other direction where it's just ridiculous. I realize IV has narrow streets, short streets and more technical driving physics suits the city and it's fun. In my opinion though,  the steering is boat like. No other open world GTA-style driving game garners that description of the driving. It's even described like that from Houser. 

I still maintain IV could have benefited from the driving being more tweaked whilst retaining challenging, fun, driving. Anyway, I'm not dissing IV's driving.. I like it. Just I do agree it's slightly flawed. 

@AA: I'm glad you agree. I know you are a driving game fan and I think you love IV ;)  And you're right, the driving iin IV is much better than a lot of the crap out there.

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Well maybe give people the benefit of your doubt and don't assume. :D I realize that you can slow down and it might be "30-40mph if measured but it's actually to a crawl by video game standards. By that I mean comparable to other open world games contemporary and before. If you slow down to 10-15mph in IV or any game it's to an actual crawling speed when in the context of a videogame. Because videogames are an escapism and usually the first thing people do is to try go fast as they can. Also, to actually take corners at a speed that's comparable to games within the genre, like Driver: Parallel Lines, previous GTAs, Saints Row and so forth, the turning in IV is quite wide.  It's like slowing down to take a corner in Gran Turismo as apposed to a free-roam, open-world game. That's the juxtaposition. 

V for me goes way too in the other direction where it's just ridiculous. I realize IV has narrow streets, short streets and more technical driving physics suits the city and it's fun. In my opinion though,  the steering is boat like. No other open world GTA-style driving game garners that description of the driving. It's even described like that from Houser. 

I still maintain IV could have benefited from the driving being more tweaked whilst retaining challenging, fun, driving. Anyway, I'm not dissing IV's driving.. I like it. Just I do agree it's slightly flawed. 

@AA: I'm glad you agree. I know you are a driving game fan and I think you love IV ;)  And you're right, the driving iin IV is much better than a lot of the crap out there.

I think it was a necessary evil to maintain the dense/busy new york street vibe. I found it enjoyable to take the cab and the subway sometimes when I didnt feel like f*cking around with traffic. I admit, they could have made the steering radius a bit tighter and reduced the body roll...but no more than GTA V cars should have been slower and understeer more.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

You know, I find it kinda funny. I'm driving a Fiat 126 in real life and it indeed handles like a boat lol, therefore I don't mind IV's handling at all. I don't like how sharp and responsive the steering is in V from what I've seen, it's like the STICKLIKEGLUE cheat from GTA SA. It makes me feel dizzy as heck.

• GrudgefromSanAndreas likes this

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Straight outta Pluton's Ass

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 4 weeks ago

You know, I find it kinda funny. I'm driving a Fiat 126 in real life and it indeed handles like a boat lol, therefore I don't mind IV's handling at all. I don't like how sharp and responsive the steering is in V from what I've seen, it's like the STICKLIKEGLUE cheat from GTA SA. It makes me feel dizzy as heck.

But unlike V in SA cars flip with STICKLIKEGLUE on

• Jeansowaty, ten-a-penny and The Deadite like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 6 days ago

GTA V is a masterpiece, with amazing features, gameplay, mission, variety, story, character, writing, and so on...
GTA V sh*t on GTA IV till the end of the world
GTA V car damage are better than IV (get this, the only thing that better in IV was the car deformation, but the car component couldn't be detached, which is suck. Meanwhile GTA V has both good deformation, and finally detachable car component)
GTA V checkpoint is amazing
GTA IV mission are very easy (because the objectives are only shoot people and chase someone)
GTA V improves everything IV has
I don't give a sh*t about Johnny's death
TLAD>TBOGT
Southern San Andreas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Liberty City and Alderney
Trevor are better written than Niko
Trevor did a very huge favor to the whole universe as seen in my signature
  • Am Shaegar likes this

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Luis and Niko will not be touched by Trevor.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

Is liking pretty much everything about TBOGT and not knowing what the f*ck people are talking about unpopular? If so, that.

• theGTAking101 likes this

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • Iraq

Posted 6 days ago

• Billy is a better antagonist than Dimitri.
  • Tenpenny is overrated. He'd be nothing if not for Samuel L. Jackson.
  • Bulgarin is underrated. He is easily better than all of V's pathetic excuses for antagonists.
  • Agent 14 is the best character in GTA Online so far.
  • I wish the Forellis weren't killed off.'
  • I would like to see tennis return in the next GTA.
  • FPV is the most useless sh*t ever added to GTA V. (Excluding Trevor and Frankling, obviously).
  • V/Online has most of the ugliest cars in the series.
  • Helicopters are pointless, and 4 helicopters per game is sufficient enough. Same for boats. R* should use most of the time to make great cars.
  • V had better political jokes than IV.
  • Algonquin Assassin, theGTAking101, ten-a-penny and 1 other like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The new age of Bowling is here!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 5 days ago

TLAD>TBOGT

How is that unpopular here? :p

And for the first time, you wrote something right!

• CGFforLife likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 2 days ago

I enjoy GTA IV's outlaw status among the series and the fact after almost a decade it still continues to ruffle feathers. R* done their job making a GTA that stuck its middle finger up to the established comfort zone. :)

• theGTAking101, Misunderstood, GrudgefromSanAndreas and 1 other like this

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago Edited by ViceOfLiberty, A day ago.

Being successful in GTA:O with all the newest stuff makes you look like a total fa**ot 

• theGTAking101 likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 4 hours ago

GTA IV has the best blend of serious moments and light hearted ones. I can still enjoy a heart wrenching tale of revenge, betrayal and loyalties being tested with some comic relief sprinkled in to lighten the mood without being too dismissive of the game's central themes.

Too serious my ass.

TheSadisticOwl
  • TheSadisticOwl

Unprofessional sniper.

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 hours ago

I really enjoy darts and I hope they come back in the next GTA games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users