600 replies to this topic
ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:06 PM

I don't hate V, I hate Online.

GTAO is one giant hyper ADD f*ck fest with CoD fans yelling bullsh*t into a mic. It's not worthy of the DLCs it gets let alone the attention to it.

GTAO used to be THE SH*T back in April/May-August 2014. That's the period when I got literally addicted to GTAO. However, since the last 2 updates on LastGen 'till now, not so much. Just the other say I booted GTAO, drove from Paleto Bay to the city and the game froze my PS3. Again. Fast-Forward a few days later I played Assassin's Creed IV ALL DAY with little to no FPS drop, much less a flat-out game freeze.

AC:IV > GTAO.

• theGTAking101 likes this

LeakyLine
  • LeakyLine

VS/PBMO

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:13 PM

I enjoy the grind.

I don't mind reskinned cars. More fun for me.

I love assault rifles and pistols.

• slimeball supreme likes this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Cosmic Warrior

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:40 PM

I enjoy the grind.

How many times would I have to say that in the mirror before I believed it?
  • Acetaminophen, slimeball supreme, Scaglietti and 2 others like this

gta3derawasthebest
  • gta3derawasthebest

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:55 PM

CJ is by far the best protag of GTA 3d era. Tommy Vercetti is a lame, cheesy, 1 dimensional scarface/goodfellas ripoff.

LeakyLine
  • LeakyLine

VS/PBMO

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:00 PM

I enjoy the grind.

How many times would I have to say that in the mirror before I believed it?

Rockstar zwingt mich, diese Dinge zu sagen. Hilf mir.Rockstar zwingt mich, diese Dinge zu sagen. Hilf mir.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:30 PM Edited by Scaglietti, 28 July 2017 - 07:31 PM.

I must confess, I used to love Rockstar dearly. Now I only like most of the stuff they make. As a brand I don't like them. Their support sucks, they act like amateurs even though they think they're big shots because they can make a game that sells millions, that modder crap they pulled a couple of months back was unbelievably stupid and they just don't seem to have passion anymore...

• Rafae likes this

Raj Brunner
  • Raj Brunner

"There is no knowledge that is not power"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

I know I might get sh*t for this one.  But I played the first GTA a year ago and I hated it. It was riddled with a bunch of senseless violence and the cops felt non existent.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:41 AM

I've never understood the obsession with having a massively huge map in GTA. Especially when the layout is bad. It just makes getting around it annoying. There was nothing worse than doing a mission in GTA Online where the objective was on the other side of the map.

I honestly wouldn't care if the next game had a map that was the same size or even smaller than V's map. I'd rather have more resources go towards plenty of interiors.

Interiors >>> map size.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Dr. Robotnik, ten-a-penny and 6 others like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

ILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:01 PM

-I'd rather have a gta with too many guns than one with just two in every category.

-I prefer multiple protagonists over multiple cities. It's much more manageable to tell 3 different stories that cross paths in the same city than one that spawns across 3 cities.
  • Gummy , ten-a-penny and Payne Killer like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:53 PM

The only thing that is becoming more cancer than clickbaiter GTA V YouTubers are rants about clickbaiter GTA YouTubers, specially about that dude(?) that says he has a copy of GTA VI. Even channels that do "Can (___) Stop the Train" videos (one of many Mr. Yellow Arrow thumbnails) are f*cking doing it. If you don't like a channel, just ignore it, don't do 10:01 videos saying how you hate that because you're bringing their names to the spotlight, and people who like him won't listen anyways, so just ignore it. It is becoming more of a clickbait thing than the GTA VI dude(?). You also can't stop 100% of people from being gullible or curious, it's natural and that can only be avoided with common sense and a bit of knowledge about how Rockstar (or 99% of game dev. companies) works, and most YouTube users seem to have none of those, with a pinch of fanatism.

This may belong on another thread, but I just posted it on the first ranting section I saw (kinda ironic).

ToyGT_one
  • ToyGT_one

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:26 PM

While this isn't that unpopular opinion especially to those GTA 4 Fans, I actually had this opinion ever since I first played GTA IV on my PS3 back in August 21st, 2009.

I actually thought that the GTA 4 had (and still have) one of the best car physics I ever drove in an Open World Games. I have played various Saint Row games, Watch Dogs 1 & 2, Sleeping Dogs...etc but I never found anything close to the car physics of GTA 4. In fact I believe that GTA V physics comes second place right after GTA IV IMO.
  • Algonquin Assassin, eCola, Mr_Rager and 1 other like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:38 AM

I've never understood the obsession with having a massively huge map in GTA. Especially when the layout is bad. It just makes getting around it annoying. There was nothing worse than doing a mission in GTA Online where the objective was on the other side of the map.

I honestly wouldn't care if the next game had a map that was the same size or even smaller than V's map. I'd rather have more resources go towards plenty of interiors.

Interiors >>> map size.

Same. I've played very few games with huge maps that are interesting. Once the "Wow this map is so big" factor wears off you start to notice the pitfalls. However in GTA V's case it's not so much the size it's the fact it's so bland beyond the pretty visuals.

I remember after a while just hanging around Los Santos and only venturing into the countryside for objectives and whatnot. If there's anything I hope for GTA VI it's not the horrible city to landscape ratio that's present in GTA V. 

• Piggsy pls, eCola and LincolnClay like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:47 AM

Unpopular Opinion? Let's start

1. GTA V is a Masterpiece
  2. GTA V Gameplay is Amazing while GTA IV gameplay suck dick
  3. GTA V Has Amazing Story
  4. GTA V Has Amazing Mission
  5. Southern San Andreas >State of San Andreas>Vice CIty>Liberty City 3D>Anywhere City>London>Liberty CIty HD
  6. All GTA IV mission are very Easy
  7. Yoga>Flying Rats
  8. GTA IV Suck Dick (Come at me lol)
  9. Johnny Death was Satisfying

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:11 AM Edited by TheOneLibertonian, 06 August 2017 - 03:58 AM.

GTA IV is my favorite title in the series and TLAD is a fine, well made expansion for IV. TBOGT on the other hand, despite it's glamorous take of the LC Nightlife and a few entertaining characters, it simply didn't succeed making the "Impossible Trinity" full circle really well. Luis felt generic, Bulgarin is clownish buffoon with wasted potential, and Mori is a more punchable version of Brucie. I do agree with most people that Tony is the best character in "Ballad" with his pompous attitude, his anxiety, and his chemistry with Luis. Also the story had a lot of filler stuff with the Celebinator and Mori missions. I did like the new additions to Liberty City, and I did enjoy the minigames, particularly the nightclub ones. However it wasn't as great as IV and TLAD, but it did a great job representing the lighter side of Liberty City.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:19 AM

GTA IV is my favorite title in the series and TLAD is a fine, well made expansion for IV. TBOGT on the other hand, despite it's glamorous take of the LC Nightlife and a few entertaining characters, it simply didn't succeed making the "Impossible Trinity" full circle really well. Luis felt generic, Bulgarin is clownish buffoon with wasted potential, and Mori is a more punchable version of Brucie. I do agree that Tony is the best character in "Ballad" with his pompous attitude, his anxiety, and his chemistry with Luis. Also the story had a lot of filler stuff with the Celebinator and Mori missions. I did like the new additions to Liberty City, and I did enjoy the minigames, particularly the nightclub ones. However it wasn't as great as IV and TLAD, but it did a great job representing the lighter side of Liberty City.

TBOGT's too hot and cold for me. Whist the new game additions are nice and the night club scene offers a different insight it doesn't compliment GTA IV any where near as good as TLAD does IMO.

In saying that Luis is still better than the three stooges in GTA V though. ;)

• TheOneLibertonian and eCola like this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:37 AM Edited by TheOneLibertonian, 06 August 2017 - 03:40 AM.

5. Southern San Andreas >State of San Andreas>Vice CIty>Liberty City 3D>Anywhere City>London>Liberty CIty HD
  7. Yoga>Flying Rats

Pretty sure it's not fair saying that everything that GTA V did is brilliant, and everything IV did is like sh*tting a massive turd. I'm a massive IV fan and I could defend it all day, but I do at least acknowledge that V had great stuff in it as well.

Spoiler

• Algonquin Assassin, theGTAking101 and LincolnClay like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:46 AM

Spoiler

The most beautiful thing you'll ever lay your eyes on.

• theGTAking101, TheOneLibertonian, Misunderstood and 1 other like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:19 AM

• Option A and Option B ending Suck dick

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:51 AM

7. Yoga>Flying Rats

Pretty sure it's fair saying that everything that GTA V did is brilliant, and everything IV did is like sh*tting a massive turd. I'm a massive IV fan and I could defend it all day, but I do at least acknowledge that V had great stuff in it as well.

Spoiler

How can Killing him the most satisfying, killing Johnny and the rest of The Lost IS the satisfying one. And about the opinion, well... This is not Praising IV thread ;)

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:58 AM

It isn't a praising GTA V thread either.;)

Anyway..

-I've never understood the hate for minigames. To me they add so much more diversity to the game world. Pool, darts, bowling, golf, tennis etc are nice little side distractions to escape from the random chaos.

-Diving underwater is one of the most pointless mechanics in the series. Swimming's fine, but I don't care how detailed some underwater cave is.

-Vice City can work in a modern day setting. The 80s were great, but it's time to move on.

-GTA V's stock market is crap and takes away too much from other substantial money making ventures.
  • B Dawg, Tycek, theGTAking101 and 5 others like this

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:05 AM

-Diving underwater is one of the most pointless mechanics in the series. Swimming's fine, but I don't care how detailed some underwater cave is.

Yes sir. I couldn't agree more.
  • Algonquin Assassin and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 August 2017 - 01:19 PM Edited by Queen Elizabeth II, 06 August 2017 - 01:21 PM.

Underwater world is the most pointless thing ever. Also activities related to that aspect are boring as hell. It was like that in GTA: San Andreas and GTA V. 

Also.. submarine sucks. I've never used them apart from the mission in which it was required to.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:33 PM

I actually thought that the GTA 4 had (and still have) one of the best car physics I ever drove in an Open World Games..

Oh f*ck no. Even SA is better than IV in terms of driving. Its like riding a mountain. And yes. I do drive in Real Life. It doesn't feel "real" at all. IMO the best car-driving games I've tried are, in this order: GTA:SA, WD2 and GTAV (although V barely fits in there, gee - Watch Dogs 2 blow every 'modern day' game off a cliff in pretty much every aspect).

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Cosmic Warrior

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:50 PM

III has underrated driving imo. I liked how far cars would fly when you hit them at top speed and the acceleration felt nuts in that game.

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

ILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:58 PM

• Option A and Option B ending Suck dick
That's not an unpopular opinion though, it's just facts.

Following on this, multiple endings in gta need to f*cking die once and for all, both IV and V optional endings were lackluster and thread water.

Niko would never work for Dimitri again, Franklin doesn't have reasons to kill Michael and even though killing Trevor makes sense and can be satisfying for some people, it further ruins Michael/Franklin's lives, doesn't tie any loose ends and is overall a dissapointing ending to a dissapointing game.
  • theGTAking101, ten-a-penny, Payne Killer and 2 others like this

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Straight outta Pluton's Ass

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:12 PM

• SA had maybe the best car handling but drifting is only good in fewer cars
  • No GTA game had good drifting physics (except some cars in SA) 
  • I always hated how R* made or tried to make Vice City based games (VC & VCS) better than Liberty City ones (III & LCS), or it's just because VC-based games were released later maybe, especially more cars available in VC than LC when VC is set in 80s and LC in 1998 and 2001
  • I'd never forgive R* if they put more cars in a past era GTA than modern times one
  • Trevor Philips reminds me of Gargamel (looks)
  • GTA2's gaining points/money system when killing and running over people and crashing and destroying cars reminds me of Carmageddon
  • Having gang wars and vigilante missions are better than playing storyline missions
  • A whole animal costume like in LCS is better than just animal masks like in GTA V
  • Unpopular opinions are relative to me
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:10 AM

I actually thought that the GTA 4 had (and still have) one of the best car physics I ever drove in an Open World Games..

Oh f*ck no. Even SA is better than IV in terms of driving. Its like riding a mountain. And yes. I do drive in Real Life. It doesn't feel "real" at all. IMO the best car-driving games I've tried are, in this order: GTA:SA, WD2 and GTAV (although V barely fits in there, gee - Watch Dogs 2 blow every 'modern day' game off a cliff in pretty much every aspect).
GTA IV's driving destroys all of these games. WD2? Lol.
  • B Dawg and Piggsy pls like this

SabreGT
  • SabreGT

And the winner by knockout is...!

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:56 AM Edited by SabreGT7, 07 August 2017 - 03:57 AM.

Yeah, I don't see it either, the driving in WD2 is pretty much trash IMO. the only open-world game I can think of that is maybe on par with IV in terms of driving is Mafia III. 

• Algonquin Assassin, Piggsy pls and DimitriFaustin like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:35 AM

Yeah, I don't see it either, the driving in WD2 is pretty much trash IMO. the only open-world game I can think of that is maybe on par with IV in terms of driving is Mafia III. 

I'd throw Mafia II in there also.;)

• SabreGT likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:09 PM

Yeah, lol I like WD2 but the driving in that game is only slighty better than the first (which means it's still trash). As much sh*t as V's driving gets even that's better than what a lot of other open world games offer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users