$outh $ide Hoodz

8,353 replies to this topic
Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:12 PM

I think the openness of the game can put people off. I literally spent hours on that game just riding through the desert on horseback, travelling that route took a long time but I hardly ever took those fast wagon things, because I just loved the surroundings and picking different horses out. For others though that would be the most boring game in existence, because to be fair...there is nothing to see if you don't really like nature and it feels pretty lonely if you don't have modern things like radio to accompany you. If it doesn't capture you then you just won't get into it because even though the story was great, the vast landscape is all you have apart from that. You can take that with GTA because there's always the busy highly detailed city to accompany it. 

• Coat. likes this

Coat.
  • Coat.

sky is the limit

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:00 AM

I agree with Kirsty, I would really want to see another Red Dead.

Where was the last RD based at - in geographical terms?

Stig
  • Stig

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:39 AM

I'm going to guess the west/midwest U.S.A. I could be completely wrong though.

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

Midnight Wanderer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:41 AM

RDR takes place in two fictitious United States counties and a fictitious Mexican state called New Austin, West Elizabeth, and Nuevo Paraiso. New Austin and West Elizabeth are adjacent to each other and share a southern border with Mexico. Nuevo Paraiso is a Mexican state, separated from U.S. territory by the San Luis river. The game takes place primarily in the year 1911.
  • orbitalraindrops likes this

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:41 AM

At first my problem with the game was pacing. Call my impatient but I found it so slow off the bat, and it bored me. After some enquiring on the forum, a few members told me that it picks up not far from where I was. So I retried again a few weeks later, I got to a part where I had to have a horse race for some fat man. But again, despite my trying I just couldn't invest in the story.

Literally a year later I forced myself to restart the story, but again I simply couldn't get "caught up" on the story or characters. The game was huge and I also didn't enjoy the horse gameplay.

It's a game I wanted to love, I even bought it on release day. But despite my best efforts I just couldn't get Into it.

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

So yeah, f*cking going to a sleep study. I had the worst sleep ever there.

fuck sivispacem
  • fuck sivispacem

I love Sivispacem

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:32 PM

J0c1QXo.png

man i love that show!

Moth
  • Moth

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:34 PM

Never seen it. Not too keen on tv at the moment.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

You cried like a rape victim

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Pitcairn-Islands

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:56 AM

Hello people, how is everything?

• Moth likes this

Moth
  • Moth

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:20 AM

Pretty good with all things considered.

How bout you?

Pyroshox
  • Pyroshox

Mia San Mia.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

I'm fine, watching Family Guy, anybody else watch it?

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Pitcairn-Islands

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:05 PM

Just enjoying my 2 days off. Got Titanfall the other day and been jamming that hard. The game has some issues ( mostly the wait time for matches ) but it is enjoyable. Not the super awesome greatest game ever all the gaming media said it was.

RDR is one of the greatest games made. I want another one.

Moth
  • Moth

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:44 AM

So you got an Xbone or you playing on PC?

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Pitcairn-Islands

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:45 AM

Playing on Xbox One. All I can do is multiplayer. Want to beat the campaigns but can't cause no one is playing them anymore. I hope EA/Respawn release a patch allowing single player of the campaigns so that I can unlock the other chassis.

Pyroshox
  • Pyroshox

Mia San Mia.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:01 PM

Is the Xbox One as bad as people say it is? Last I heard it was an Over-Priced VCR.

Moth
  • Moth

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:10 PM

Last I heard it was an Over-Priced VCR.

That would require it to play tapes. Which would come pretty handy, since I still have a bunch of VHS tapes.

For me personally, I still find it over priced when compared to the PS4. It's a weaker piece of hardware, that until recently, was costing 100 bucks more than the PS4.

Still not getting in on the next gen, until they have a exclusives I can't get on PC.

Playing on Xbox One. All I can do is multiplayer. Want to beat the campaigns but can't cause no one is playing them anymore. I hope EA/Respawn release a patch allowing single player of the campaigns so that I can unlock the other chassis.

That really f*cking sucks. You'd think they would have seen this coming. Wonder if the PC version is more active.

Pyroshox
  • Pyroshox

Mia San Mia.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:20 PM Edited by Pyroshox, 18 June 2014 - 11:21 PM.

Last I heard it was an Over-Priced VCR.

That would require it to play tapes. Which would come pretty handy, since I still have a bunch of VHS tapes.

For me personally, I still find it over priced when compared to the PS4. It's a weaker piece of hardware, that until recently, was costing 100 bucks more than the PS4.

Still not getting in on the next gen, until they have a exclusives I can't get on PC.

I think I still have the Blair Witch Project on VCR. O_o

I want a PS4, but alas, I has no dorra.

I had a friend that is trying to earn enough money to buy a PS4 and an XB1 just so he can have Forza Horizon 2, and all of his other games on PS4.

EDIT: Anyone see that drama with the Damned?  Topics are dropping like flies now. xD

Moth
  • Moth

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:22 PM

Seen it? I was part of it.

Pyroshox
  • Pyroshox

Mia San Mia.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:24 PM Edited by Pyroshox, 18 June 2014 - 11:26 PM.

Seen it? I was part of it.

Yeah, I just now seen your posts after I seen the Gangs Weekly Issue #1 topic get locked.

I can kinda understand why they don't want to be a part of it, but Otter was right, they are a part of this community, yet they still bitched and moaned about it.

Moth
  • Moth

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:39 PM

They bitched over such a minor thing. I got called out personally, and do I bitch? No.

Pyroshox
  • Pyroshox

Mia San Mia.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:43 PM Edited by Pyroshox, 19 June 2014 - 12:11 AM.

I think I speak for almost everyone here when I say it won't take long for them to be back.

Anyway, to lighten the mood, I bring Buk Lau:

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Pitcairn-Islands

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

Just as the last gen, the PS4 has the edge hardware wise, however, and this is a huge and over looked however. There is one thing the Xbox One has that the PS4 is trying to implement ( PS Now ) which MS have been working on to some degree since the Xbox. That is the usage of the cloud. Now, back in the Xbox days it was focused on multi player gaming. The 360 started introducing other components of it; saved games, easy movement of account info between consoles. The Xbox One can and is relying on the cloud to power games.

We see this in Forza ( drivatars ) and we will see it in Crackdown with improved physics engine handling.

I'm loving the console. I'll grab a PS4 as soon as I can justify it. I like the voice commands, I like the game selection ( current and future ) and I love the evolution of Xbox Live on the console. For me, the Xbox One has unlimited potential because of the cloud aspect and because it still fits in with the 360. While both MS and Sony have new consoles, this new generation feels like MS is focused more on both consoles while Sony is focused only on PS4.

Honestly, it is hard to explain my whole thought process in the written word. I do expect great things from both consoles but I don't regret my purchase. My advice if you are considering a Xbox One, get it with Kinect. Trust me. Kinect shouldn't be dismissed, voice commands allow make it worthwhile.

Pyroshox
  • Pyroshox

Mia San Mia.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:32 PM

That kinda makes me rethink my decision on PS4 throughout this generation of console gaming.  I started last gen with an Xbox 360, and was planning on staying MS throughout next gen and on.  Well, by the end of last-gen I had an Xbox and a PS3, I liked the PS3 for the fact that you didn't need an antennae or a wired connection to play online.  And currently I am in the works of selling my Xbox because I plan to stay PC and PS4 this generation.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:18 AM

I got booted from the $$H evidently. Ryan got rid of my title and stuff and that's a bummer.

Coat.
  • Coat.

sky is the limit

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

I got booted from the $$H evidently. Ryan got rid of my title and stuff and that's a bummer.

Que sera sera
  • Josh and theadmiral like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

You'll be called in again to repair the train tracks.

• Shou likes this

Coat.
  • Coat.

sky is the limit

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

You saying he derailed something?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

You saying he derailed something?

If it has to do with that one thread that keeps changing names every week or so, that was far from being saved from derailment a long time ago. This is literally all I got from Ryan. No message, follow-up, nada.

zJLju.jpg

GTAForums Gangs
  • GTAForums Gangs

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

ANOTHER SHOCK EXIT FROM THE OGA

Coming Soon in Gangs Weekly...

• The Leviathan, Stig, BnB and 3 others like this

Rewas
  • Rewas

• Members