Photo

GTA V PS3 Jagged Lines Help!

6 replies to this topic
KHFreak741
  • KHFreak741

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:20 AM Edited by KHFreak741, 10 May 2014 - 03:22 AM.

Here's the story, I have read several fixes on jagged lines and none have worked for me but I have not tried one fix. I tried, multiple cables, changing settings, changing settings with the display I am using but none have worked. I know this one more fix but I don't know whether it will work. People say that when you have a PS3 that has been on a TV and you change to a monitor it has tons of jagged lines and it messes with the display. I have played my PS3 ever since on a fat TV that was super old and horrible quality and finally I have gotten a monitor that supports 1080p display! Even before I had jagged lines on my old TV. So people say that once you get a monitor to use the PS3 on, if you format your system it should fix it because it upscales to the graphics of the ps3. So please help me! Will formatting my ps3 help fix the jagged lines? Please reply soon and help! I have a LG Flatron E2241 Monitor. It has a 22.4 inch display and when I use my PS4 on it, it looks amazing. 

P.S. I play GTA V and the graphics are horrible because of the jagged lines, same goes for Black Ops 2, the details on the gun are just so horrible graphics! Only the PS3 menu when no game is being played, it looks HD and nice.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:28 AM

Welcome to the limited world of consoles. The only cure for that is a hardware upgrade. Software for PC hardware allows you to adjust the level of anti-aliasing. (AA) This is what smoothes the edges of lines.
  • BlackScout and _MK_ like this

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:30 AM

Well man, there's nothing you can do, if you want to have better graphics without jaggies, only PC with Anti-Aliasing will solve the problem, just like Midnightz said, limited world of consoles...
So sad PC doesn't have a GTA 5 version =/

• _MK_ and PoppYourHead like this

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:45 AM Edited by Rock Howard, 10 May 2014 - 03:46 AM.

Rinse the inside of your PS3 with water, then re-connect and turn on.

• KenniCrazy and watchdog1964 like this

watchdog1964
  • watchdog1964

Master of Death

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:12 AM

Lmao Rock Howard thats evil pure evil. On a serious note I am quite intrigued by this - how come this new monitor KHFreak has wont display the PS3 properly then? Is it an old monitor or just not compatible with the PS3? 

KHFreak741
  • KHFreak741

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

Rock Howard... you must be a smart man. Anyway, I am just going to try to get used to the jagged lines, not worth restoring my PS3 to possibly fix, this is why I like PC gaming better -_-

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:17 PM

Restoring it? Wouldn't fix it anyway. It's not broken. Read above.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users