Photo

If you grew up playing NES...

162 replies to this topic
blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

Lol instantly think back to the "Super Scope" on Yoshi's Safari on Snes... Now THAT was broken! Also they promised hists on that too and we we got was some crumby new apartment for yoshi!
  • BlackAce23 likes this

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:41 AM

You for real bro? Graphics mean that much to you? FFS man I grew up on computer games.... and computer games... even tho the graphics werent there... the GAMEPLAY was... Baldurs gate, Diablo 1 and 2, Age of Empires, C&C, Star craft, any of the older Total War games, Wolfenstien (any of them) warcraft, duke nukem, f*cken Arena or Daggerfall ES, Commandos, Thief, Xcom original, Civ I-2-3.  ect... not saying these games were BETTER than GTA V.... jus... give the old school games some credit dude... like I still play Commandos. 

Anyways... I agree.. the early 1990's were rough... real rough... but for me.. the best time for gaming was late 90's early Y2k.... like 2005 being latest... then.. games started to go downhill.... like I used to roll with 64 people online in Wolfenstien.... I still play age of empires 1 and 2.... only reason I play Diablo 3 is cus it has the 2 player coop so i can play it with my girl.. but hsit diablo 2 is sooo much better.... even I'd even say GTA SA is better than GTA V.... other than graphics... gta SA sh*t.. you could do anything... 

Anyways... ya new games are cool... but they are full of $ DLCS (Most of them) freemium sh*t, pay to win, fancy graphics at the expense of gameplay.... maybe I am stuck in Nostalgia but really... older games felt better... I play the new games because I enjoy them, dont get me wrong, but when it comes to gameplay, something about that 96-05ish years where games just were off the hook. 

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

Kids don't know they're f*cking born these days, which funnily enough I heard my dad saying about my generation around 1986 lol.

• teh_g likes this

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:09 PM

Street Fighter 2. God I couldn't get enough of that game, Christmas 1993 when I got the SNES SF2 pack I don't think I left my room for a week.

I remember seeing a PS1 in action round a friend's house playing Wip3out and thinking how will they ever top the graphics.

Also GTA games have twice renewed my interest in gaming. Was a bit bored of gaming after PS1 and hadn't bothered getting the PS2, and my friends were banging on about GTA3 and the things you could do in it. I'd played the previous games and thought they were ok but nothing amazing, and eventually went round  a friends house and he showed me, less than a week later I had my own PS2 and the game. Same happened with the 360, got bored of games a bit, then saw GTA4 was out so checked out some reviews and videos online, straight out to the store for the console and game, this time I bought a 50" flatscreen TV too ("well we really needed one babe, ours is too old now, why don't you go out with the girls tonight")

• teh_g likes this

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

Street Fighter 2. God I couldn't get enough of that game, Christmas 1993 when I got the SNES SF2 pack I don't think I left my room for a week.

I remember seeing a PS1 in action round a friend's house playing Wip3out and thinking how will they ever top the graphics.

Also GTA games have twice renewed my interest in gaming. Was a bit bored of gaming after PS1 and hadn't bothered getting the PS2, and my friends were banging on about GTA3 and the things you could do in it. I'd played the previous games and thought they were ok but nothing amazing, and eventually went round  a friends house and he showed me, less than a week later I had my own PS2 and the game. Same happened with the 360, got bored of games a bit, then saw GTA4 was out so checked out some reviews and videos online, straight out to the store for the console and game, this time I bought a 50" flatscreen TV too ("well we really needed one babe, ours is too old now, why don't you go out with the girls tonight")

Same... but I made the mistake since I'm prolly a little younger of getting the PS2 on day one with Top Gear rally, and SSX... And a month later Time Splitters. Timesplitters one took me a MONTH to find after the game released. Blockbuster didn't even have it, and I wasn't ordering things off line until 2002.

I didn't get the PS3 at first either but an Xbox.... that died two years later after barely being played, I checked online and found everyones died, and silly toothpick tricks, and manned up and stopped paying for online and got the PS3. PS3 was MUCH worse than Xbox at launch but we know how it turned out now... You think the PS3 freezes? The Halo xbox that released not too long ago is problematic.

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Chrysocyon brachyurus's are awesome.

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:52 PM Edited by A Maned Wolf, 11 May 2014 - 01:52 PM.

I'm still pissed PSN still doesn't have the classic Gran Turismo games available.

I mean, its not like Gran Turismo was their flagship game for several years and came bundled at the launch of their premier gaming console; the PlayStation.

*sigh* Emulation it is, I guess.

Two gun
  • Two gun

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:10 PM

I wish someone would release golden eye from the n64

Darth_Rob
  • Darth_Rob

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:12 PM Edited by Darth_Rob, 12 May 2014 - 04:14 PM.

Anyone remember this:
Pe82BaG.gif

Yep. I had all the Zork games.

I also remember going to K-Mart and entering

10 Print "KISS MY ASS"

20 GOTO 10

and then running out of the store thinking I was the world's greatest hacker.

• cattafett likes this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Chrysocyon brachyurus's are awesome.

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:15 PM

I wish someone would release golden eye from the n64

They have....many times.... but none of the modern remakes ever worked.

The only one that really felt like Golden Eye was 007 Night Fire.

I still play it to this day.

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Go hard or Go home

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

I'm still pissed PSN still doesn't have the classic Gran Turismo games available.
I mean, its not like Gran Turismo was their flagship game for several years and came bundled at the launch of their premier gaming console; the PlayStation.
*sigh* Emulation it is, I guess.

Yea its like that with xbox 1 games on the xbox360 marketplace too. I just download ps1 emulator games on the old psp ive had for years thats still going strong.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:19 PM Edited by GraniteDevil, 12 May 2014 - 05:25 PM.

Holy hell does this bring me back.

edit: oh, right, so, on topic... it's somewhat foolish to expect any generation to appreciate what they have just because the previous generation didn't have it.

singemfrc
  • singemfrc

Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

..your ass is really going to appreciate this game. If you spent hours playing Who Framed Roger Rabbit you know what I am talking about. I used to be bound to 8 bit graphics. The only multiplayer we had had an extra 2 to 4 controllers. Anyone could glitch as long as you bought a game genie . And if you lost a save it was your own fault for not writing the code down correctly. Maybe it's just me but this game is doing just fine.

And if you wanted to play with 3 or 4 people not only did you need extra controllers you needed the "Double Tap" I think it was called that let you plug in more than 2 controllers to the NES.

• teh_g likes this

Rwande
  • Rwande

psychopath

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

it's the developed part of the world we live in got the point when complaining about every little thing has became normal due to the comfort that humanity achieved not in the past 200 but only 50 yrs. throughout the history there was a constant and vigorous fight to stay alive until 30-35 yrs but now we don't need to worry about getting massacred by invading savages, deadly deseases, put food onto the table etc. it's not connecting to the thread completely but it's still alarming how the new generations are getting ridiculously spoiled and f*cking around with trivial problems.

• teh_g likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users