Pacificruz
  • Pacificruz

Player, with a wife on the side

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

My 1st console was the Calecovision...

28894coleco-vision.system.jpeg
which released in 1982. Yes, I probably just dated myself as one of the oldest mawf*ckaz on the forum now...but that just goes to show you how spoiled some of these youngins' are. They have the nerve to piss and moan about GTAO, and just about every other game ever released in their generation. We didn't have saves. We didn't have DLC. We had the game out of the box, we played it, we enjoyed it...and we didn't make ourselves look like self entitled dumbasses. I think my fellow Generation X'ers (Those who were 16-21 years old between the period of 1992-1999) can agree with me in saying the Internet Generation, the 16-26 year olds of today should collectively shut the f*ck up and appreciate what they have.

F*ckin' amen brother! Want to play some Burgertime? Maybe Dig Dug?
  • FirstLadyofGTA and BamaGoodfella like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:12 PM

I love Circus Charlie and Yie Ar Kung Fu. Papapaw-papaw-papaw papapapapaw papaw~

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

Shiiii if we talkin old school games my first was a nes but my pops had a Atari. My favs was all the Mario's vectorman, sonic, streets of rage 1 2 3. Def GoldenEye and wcw vs nwo games for n64.

WOOOO!!!! I LOVE YOU MAN!!  We would have been playing all nighters back then together! Vectorman? Still know Call A cab. Streets of rage one-3 are great as ever. Held up great. Golden Eye? The reason COD is lame to me... I pick my guns up off the ground nigga! (I was playing with a younger friend, a cod head, and he blindly asked in a DM yesterday... "Why are the guns on the ground?" I laughed in my head, and said evenly and plainly like mother goose, "Before COD shooters like doom, quake, and Goldeneye made you pick them up.")

Wcw vs nwo though? Nah.... Wrestlemania 2000 or No Mercy, then we're on the same page completely.

Sega (Master System & MegaDrive/Genesis) was King

SNES was just as good. Though MK on Genesis was better than SNES. SNES had some heaters.

I had both but most of my friends and my uncle had wcw more but SNES had killer instinct my nigga lol.

I loved KI.... but saying KI is SUPER ill is like saying WATCH DOGS is gunna take the throne from GTA... Notice MK got DC, and KI, is still sucking hind tit... Funny story. But I loved both systems. KI was biting heavily from it's source material including pit stages. It's combo system at the time was MUCH better though, and it was better than MK3.

JON22
  • JON22

I am the king of crap. Look at my stats and bow to my crapness

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:08 PM

Been gaming since I was a kid. In (roughly) order, Sega Master System, Snes, Sega Saturn, Playstation, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance, Ps2, Xbox, PSP, Wii, 360, normal DS, Sega Megadrive. Bought most of these consoles a few times. I still have all of them except Master System and Advance, and I use my Ps2 for Ps1. Most are in storage. Can't ever get rid. Great memories and rare games.

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

Best NES game of all time....

1251901174-00.jpg

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Two gun
  • Two gun

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:51 PM

Anyone here play maniac mansion ? Talk about a game way ahead of its time. Side note it was made by Lucas Arts. So yeah it was bad ass.
  • EarthboundMysfit likes this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Professonal Why-Wolf

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:02 PM

Anyone here play maniac mansion ? Talk about a game way ahead of its time. Side note it was made by Lucas Arts. So yeah it was bad ass.

*Raises hand*

Got a port on my PC.

hesselgren
  • hesselgren

Hustler

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:46 PM

i got a nes installed in my car.

imgp0947.JPG

rolling in the volvo 760 limo, playing snake rattle n roll.      :lol:

• robban likes this

greenghost2212
  • greenghost2212

Leader of the Central Ave Gang

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

Shiiii if we talkin old school games my first was a nes but my pops had a Atari. My favs was all the Mario's vectorman, sonic, streets of rage 1 2 3. Def GoldenEye and wcw vs nwo games for n64.

WOOOO!!!! I LOVE YOU MAN!!  We would have been playing all nighters back then together! Vectorman? Still know Call A cab. Streets of rage one-3 are great as ever. Held up great. Golden Eye? The reason COD is lame to me... I pick my guns up off the ground nigga! (I was playing with a younger friend, a cod head, and he blindly asked in a DM yesterday... "Why are the guns on the ground?" I laughed in my head, and said evenly and plainly like mother goose, "Before COD shooters like doom, quake, and Goldeneye made you pick them up.")

Wcw vs nwo though? Nah.... Wrestlemania 2000 or No Mercy, then we're on the same page completely.

SNES was just as good. Though MK on Genesis was better than SNES. SNES had some heaters.
I had both but most of my friends and my uncle had wcw more but SNES had killer instinct my nigga lol.

I loved KI.... but saying KI is SUPER ill is like saying WATCH DOGS is gunna take the throne from GTA... Notice MK got DC, and KI, is still sucking hind tit... Funny story. But I loved both systems. KI was biting heavily from it's source material including pit stages. It's combo system at the time was MUCH better though, and it was better than MK3.

Naw my nigga ki was the sh*t. I was a mk head on Sega till ki came out lol. Didn't get back on Mk till trilogy. Yeah the combos was better on ki though. I got Mk vs DC and f*ckin loving it. The only reason ki sucks now because its on Xbox only and majority of the old ki base plays ps3.

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

Naw my nigga ki was the sh*t. I was a mk head on Sega till ki came out lol. Didn't get back on Mk till trilogy. Yeah the combos was better on ki though. I got Mk vs DC and f*ckin loving it. The only reason ki sucks now because its on Xbox only and majority of the old ki base plays ps3.

They know PS is the fighting game system. And same here I played them all, but Trilogy was the last one that grabbed me. And I'm a Tekken head now. Didn't even bother with MK vs Dc. I still remember the blood code. Abacabb... And Dullard. I was a beast.

Two gun
  • Two gun

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

imgp0947.JPG

How come I can't have friends like this guy?

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

The freaks come out at night..

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:07 PM

i grew up playing Mafia, and then GTA. it's pretty much the only games i play now, so i was born to play shooter games.

ChuckMorris84
  • ChuckMorris84

Chronic Crabs

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:50 PM

I grew up with the fancy Commodore 64, writing code to a tape deck the size of your skybox was NOT entertaining at all lol

Great thread OP

EDIT - GTA Online is an incredible achievement by this developer, I am constantly amazed at what it delivers

Same here dude, i loved my Commodore 64 and still had until about 5 years ago when my mum ended up getting rid of loads of stuff from their house! I wish I'd of taken it with me when me and my fiancée bought our house!

All my games where in mint condition and barely a mark on the boxes considering how old they where! Games like Rick Dangerous, Tusker, 720, James Pond, Rainbow Islands, Gauntlet, Robocop, Paperboy etc where just awesome during my childhood! I challenge any young gamer to check some of these titles out and then come back say how poor GTA is in comparison to what some of us grew up with!

thorpey181
  • thorpey181

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:15 PM

Yeah totally agreed OP. 

In San Andreas (ps2), there was this weird 2 player, split screen (I think) rampage mode where you could only go a short distance away from each other. I remember at the time thinking "damn it would be so awesome if a world like GTA's was proper multiplayer", and now that's exactly what we've got. A huge, open world with multiple players all with the freedom to do their own thing. 

For me, it's like seeing the fantasy of my adolescence brought to reality, and it's amazing. Sure it has design flaws, but having experienced the evolution of gaming over the years my appreciation far outweighs any frustrations. It's only entitled, uneducated little f*cks that whine on all the time, without a clue what goes into a game like GTAO.  

• A Maned Wolf likes this

Two gun
  • Two gun

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:25 PM

Yeah totally agreed OP. 

In San Andreas (ps2), there was this weird 2 player, split screen (I think) rampage mode where you could only go a short distance away from each other. I remember at the time thinking "damn it would be so awesome if a world like GTA's was proper multiplayer", and now that's exactly what we've got. A huge, open world with multiple players all with the freedom to do their own thing. 

For me, it's like seeing the fantasy of my adolescence brought to reality, and it's amazing. Sure it has design flaws, but having experienced the evolution of gaming over the years my appreciation far outweighs any frustrations. It's only entitled, uneducated little f*cks that whine on all the time, without a clue what goes into a game like GTAO.  

for me it's hard to imagine where we go from here. VR helmets and walking rigs. Maybe ?

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:30 AM

Did not read every post but am I the only one who had a sega master system in the 80's? I am 37 btw.

Not many people had them in the U.S.... Am I one of the only ones who had a Neo Geo? With more than 20 games?

Vanilla-Bear
  • Vanilla-Bear

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:31 AM Edited by Vanilla-Bear, 11 May 2014 - 12:32 AM.

I did already post on this, but it was off topic, so back for more...

I've had every console since the Sega Master System and NES. Best games of that era for me were Wonderboy In Monster Land, Double Dragon and Shinobi.
Megadrive (Genesis) and SNES (Famicom) has to be the (at the time) Godly like port of Streetfighter II, Ghouls And Ghosts, Golden Axe and Flashback.
Skip Jaguar/Lynx/3DO/SegaCD etc and skip to PS1 and N64 I'd say Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Syphon Filter, Metal gear Solid.
PS2 and Xbox, too many to mention.
PS3 and 360, GTA IV and V, dare I say it Battlefield 4, and Red Dead Redemption...
Holding out on next gens at the moment as games seem weak. So yeah, that's my take on the history of games.
Thank goodness for emulators :D can still very much enjoy all these!!

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:40 AM

Yeah totally agreed OP. 

For me, it's like seeing the fantasy of my adolescence brought to reality, and it's amazing. Sure it has design flaws, but having experienced the evolution of gaming over the years my appreciation far outweighs any frustrations. It's only entitled, uneducated little f*cks that whine on all the time, without a clue what goes into a game

THIS IS HOW I FEEL ALL THE TIME WHEN PEOPLE COMPARE IV to V... Rockstar are making strides. And have come far. I mean for some the apartments may not be wanted, and owning the vehicles and unlocking guns, but so far everything has been fun, and gets better each update.

In the IV had a better community thread I kept letting 'em know they didn't fully explore the original source material for what we are playing now...

Ex. GTA ones theme song in the beginning was hip hop... 2 had some ambient like stuff ... And 1969 was well fitting for the game.

So here we are today with little f*cks being like "I liked the gang thing in San Andreas... V is lame because it was too business like..."

Or... "I like Vice cause the colors, and music, and SO much fun!"

Granted they don't have to like each game, just like I don't enjoy EVERY John Grisham book even though I've read everything about lawyers, baseball players, and football players, and skipping christmas he has published. But as a fan of video games, and music, Rockstar caters to me almost too good!

Each GTA has a different theme... get over it.

• NDE108 and Two gun like this

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:47 AM

I did already post on this, but it was off topic, so back for more...

I've had every console since the Sega Master System and NES. Best games of that era for me were Wonderboy In Monster Land, Double Dragon and Shinobi.
Megadrive (Genesis) and SNES (Famicom) has to be the (at the time) Godly like port of Streetfighter II, Ghouls And Ghosts, Golden Axe and Flashback.
Skip Jaguar/Lynx/3DO/SegaCD etc and skip to PS1 and N64 I'd say Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Syphon Filter, Metal gear Solid.
PS2 and Xbox, too many to mention.
PS3 and 360, GTA IV and V, dare I say it Battlefield 4, and Red Dead Redemption...
Holding out on next gens at the moment as games seem weak. So yeah, that's my take on the history of games.
Thank goodness for emulators :D can still very much enjoy all these!!

You have great taste in games my dude. I loved Jet Moto one... Two was meh... I loved Twisted Metal one, and two.... Rogue trip, and vigilante 8 NEED remakes.

And on PS1... Ehrgeiz was PIMP! Tobal RULED.... Though we never got 2 over here... Cool boarders 2.... Thrasher Skate and Destroy, GTA's obviously, Dave Mirra pro BMX. THPS 2 Way of the samurai.... PS1 had a great collection of games, that Ps2 never compared to, or 3. 4 and Xbone look HORRIBLE right now.

Timesplitters was the sleeper hit of PS2. I wish we woulda got one on PS3... It still isn't too late.

One game for NES I never tire of... T&C surf designs.

• Vanilla-Bear likes this

Belch
  • Belch

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:52 AM

I complained that I couldn't shoot the dog in duck hunt. and I will keep on complaining until I get my own holodeck.

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:57 AM

imgp0947.JPG

AGREED!

• Two gun likes this

NDE108
  • NDE108

Real Talk

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:04 AM

What a refreshing thread.
  • Two gun likes this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Professonal Why-Wolf

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:07 AM

imgp0947.JPG

f*cking A man.

That settles it, I'm taking the 15" LCD from the kitchen and my slim PS2, and sticking it in the back seat of my mom's Honda van.

f*ck angry birds, I'm going be taming FF 7 all over again. : | 

• Two gun likes this

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:15 AM

imgp0947.JPG

f*cking A man.

That settles it, I'm taking the 15" LCD from the kitchen and my slim PS2, and sticking it in the back seat of my mom's Honda van.

HAHA! It's funny they REMADE X... But not SEVEN!! Haha! They did that dumb spirits within... But no Seven... Lightning had too many games that were subpar, but no seven remake. A realm reborn is BOLLOCKS! No seven remake. And people complain about V not being on PC... GTFO!

Since you have a Ps2 go get ehrgeiz.... Do quest mode... Thank me later. You're welcome. Also beat bouncer again. It STANDS THE TEST OF TIME!! I played it too much waiting for V!

Two gun
  • Two gun

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:32 AM

What a refreshing thread.

thanks .

Virgillio71
  • Virgillio71

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:18 AM

Bunch of old guys on this forum. Need a cane? 😜. I'm 43 and remember all these great games. Beating ghosts and goblins is still one my most epic gaming moments. That said, greed is ruining gaming as a whole. It will only get worse from here on out I'm afraid. RIP golden age of gaming.

Chinsei
  • Chinsei

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:23 AM

hm i grew up with the NES/SEGA/Super NES N64 etc. but :p so graphics don't bother me but its nice when you find a game that looks nice an has stuff to do in it besides blow things up(though that can be fun too)

JonWal
  • JonWal

PSN

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:55 AM

My gaming history goes from Sonic the Hedgehog on Mega Drive. Road Rash was awesome. Remember putting whole mornings into this game only to have to switch it off and lose everything each time.
My love for Metal Gear Solid started on the PS1 along with the racing games starting with Rigde Racer onto Gran Turismo.
PS2
PS3
I will get a PS4 in the next year or so, but cannot find a reason to just yet.

greenghost2212
  • greenghost2212

Leader of the Central Ave Gang

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:24 AM

imgp0947.JPG

f*cking A man.

HAHA! It's funny they REMADE X... But not SEVEN!! Haha! They did that dumb spirits within... But no Seven... Lightning had too many games that were subpar, but no seven remake. A realm reborn is BOLLOCKS! No seven remake. And people complain about V not being on PC... GTFO!

Since you have a Ps2 go get ehrgeiz.... Do quest mode... Thank me later. You're welcome. Also beat bouncer again. It STANDS THE TEST OF TIME!! I played it too much waiting for V!

Damn I forgot all bout the bouncer lol. That was my sh*t and still is damn psn need that.

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:35 AM

imgp0947.JPG

f*cking A man.

Damn I forgot all bout the bouncer lol. That was my sh*t and still is damn psn need that.

What about EHRGEIZ? (It makes bouncer look like kiddie pools in comparison the the olympic pool it throws you in. QUEST MODE)

And TOBAL NO.1?

DISCUSS?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users