Photo

If you grew up playing NES...

162 replies to this topic
SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:26 AM Edited by SteveNYC81, 10 May 2014 - 08:28 AM.

Missile Command, Asteroids, Berzerk, Pole Position, and Submarine Commander on the Atari 2600, the first flight game I ever played was F-18 Hornet on the Atari 7800. NES I had a ton of favorites, to name a few Mario 3, Zelda, Tecmo Bowl, Blades of Steel, Bases Loaded 1,2, and 3, and Paperboy. Many others but I have to go in my attic one day, and look through them all lol.

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

pssh what a weak thread.. already ahead of you guys

waters
  • waters

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:34 AM

to be 8 years old again :)

when inline skating was badass lol

Skitchin%27.jpg

• MilezDawg, A Maned Wolf and backward_axis like this

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:38 AM

^^^Lol I remember the word skitchin, it was everyday slang back in 3rd grade.

robban
  • robban

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:41 AM Edited by robban, 10 May 2014 - 08:44 AM.

Who played Chip and Dale on NES? God I love that game. Always played that with my brother.

I hated when someone carried you above the head and threw you out of a cliff :evilgrin:

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:44 AM

Contra was the sh*t back then! So fun when playing it with a friend
  • backward_axis likes this

KingCantona
  • KingCantona

VANS Society's Codebreaker

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

Sega (Master System & MegaDrive/Genesis) was King

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:18 AM Edited by Mr Fyn666, 10 May 2014 - 09:21 AM.

I grew up with the fancy Commodore 64, writing code to a tape deck the size of your skybox was NOT entertaining at all lol

Great thread OP

EDIT - GTA Online is an incredible achievement by this developer, I am constantly amazed at what it delivers

greenghost2212
  • greenghost2212

Leader of the Central Ave Gang

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:10 AM

Shiiii if we talkin old school games my first was a nes but my pops had a Atari. My favs was all the Mario's vectorman, sonic, streets of rage 1 2 3. Def GoldenEye and wcw vs nwo games for n64.

Laveerre
  • Laveerre

You just lost the game

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

This f*cking game
Super_Mario_World_Logo.gif
Hard as hell but played it like crazy, still love it

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:26 AM

To be honest, most of the people that complain about how they got their cash removed are the same people who'd cry mommy and daddy for an iPad and then be dicks to them the next day. f*cking millennials. I mean seriously how many times have you seen 5 year olds in shopping malls with their own ipads? They're gonna grow up and be the scum of the earth. Looking at kids these days and how much contempt they have towards anyone but themselves makes me want to rip my beard off.

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:35 AM

Me and my brothers spent all weekend playing the flintstones. Sunday night our mother got mad that the machine was on all weekend so she hit the power button. On the finally boss stage. After an hour spent learning the pattern. We never made it back. We still don't celebrate mothers day anymore..

LMFAO!!! I don't blame you!!! I'm black and FORTUNATELY I started on Coleco and moved up. My Father was a nerd, and worked as in a hobby store part time while in the Navy, so I had every system up to NES before I was born. Then Gen released as an infant, and my Father gamed less, and I played all his systems, and must say that much has changed, but games are still games. Love them or hate them.

I always felt that way. I never thought one system was better than another, they did different things, and catered to certain games. But to compound this I can't tell a difference between PS4, and XBONE. Only time I didn't purchase a major new console around launch. PS2 disappointed me that much, and I purchased a 360 at first over PS3 cause of price, and GTA IV exclusive DLC... Sadly the 360 didn't live long enough, and paying to play online was getting silly. In the end I made the right choice. Uncharted had just dropped, and the demo wowed me. Never cared about Gears after I beat it, or Halo, or any MS exclusive besides FORZA.

WATCH DOGS better be amazing. If not I will not purchase a PS4 this year either. I love the hype titanfall has too... That game looks fun to me... Not.

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:42 AM

Shiiii if we talkin old school games my first was a nes but my pops had a Atari. My favs was all the Mario's vectorman, sonic, streets of rage 1 2 3. Def GoldenEye and wcw vs nwo games for n64.

WOOOO!!!! I LOVE YOU MAN!!  We would have been playing all nighters back then together! Vectorman? Still know Call A cab. Streets of rage one-3 are great as ever. Held up great. Golden Eye? The reason COD is lame to me... I pick my guns up off the ground nigga! (I was playing with a younger friend, a cod head, and he blindly asked in a DM yesterday... "Why are the guns on the ground?" I laughed in my head, and said evenly and plainly like mother goose, "Before COD shooters like doom, quake, and Goldeneye made you pick them up.")

Wcw vs nwo though? Nah.... Wrestlemania 2000 or No Mercy, then we're on the same page completely.

SNES was just as good. Though MK on Genesis was better than SNES. SNES had some heaters.

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

to be 8 years old again :)

when inline skating was badass lol

Skitchin%27.jpg

Haha! I finally beat this game two years ago. Way easier than any Road Rash! But you said when inline was badass then? I was 8 too, but inlining was trying too hard to be edgy, and fit with the other sports instead of doing it's own thing. Fast forward to TODAY. Skateboards, and related apparel EVERYWHERE, unlike when we were eight, and only the guys immersed in the culture did it. When skate shoes had to be ordered through mail order besides Airwalk and Vans... Nike wasn't allowed in skateboarding, they were the JOCK brand.

What's changed? HAHA! All of that. Skateboarding is filled with mostly posers the same dude that wears a tap out shirt with spikey hair. Or shoelace belt and can't even ollie. On the other hand rollerblading is NICHE, like gaming used to be. Blades can be purchased ONLY online or through mail order still. We still skitch into tricks. And dispensaries sponsor our competitions. Look at the Xgames now... No blading is innit, but COD tourney is innit. LOL!!! Think about it. Everyone wears vans now. Even rappers. Being a sheeple is cool, and that my friends ISN'T cool.

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:03 AM

..your ass is really going to appreciate this game. If you spent hours playing Who Framed Roger Rabbit you know what I am talking about. I used to be bound to 8 bit graphics. The only multiplayer we had had an extra 2 to 4 controllers. Anyone could glitch as long as you bought a game genie . And if you lost a save it was your own fault for not writing the code down correctly. Maybe it's just me but this game is doing just fine.

you make me feel so FECKING old!

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:09 AM

..your ass is really going to appreciate this game. If you spent hours playing Who Framed Roger Rabbit you know what I am talking about. I used to be bound to 8 bit graphics. The only multiplayer we had had an extra 2 to 4 controllers. Anyone could glitch as long as you bought a game genie . And if you lost a save it was your own fault for not writing the code down correctly. Maybe it's just me but this game is doing just fine.

And you're a Brony? Haha!Jabrony! LOL!

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

I grew up with the Sega megadrive(Genesis) as a child and i partly agree with you but you can't really compare these two as they're in completely different eras and things have changed, people expect more these days and rightfully so.

Vanilla-Bear
  • Vanilla-Bear

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

.wrong window

Grew up in the same generation as OP. 17/02/87 (yeah, that's right America, lol)

Disagree that we should just "like what we are given" because of the fact that we lived through the evolution of gaming. If anything, we should be the ones expecting the most out of games nowadays, because we beat Mario 1 before memory cards were even a thing.

I remember Pong.
I remember Pacman.
I remember Duck Hunt.
I remember Super Mario Bros.
I remember Sonic The Hedgehog.
I remember Quake.
I remember Half Life.
I remember Twisted Metal.
I remember Metal Gear Solid.
I remember Syphon Filter.
I remember Spyro.
I remember Vice City.
I remember Goldeneye.
I remember Timesplitters.
I remember Halo.
I remember Call of Duty.
I remember Medal of Honour.
I remember Deus Ex.

I still disagree with the OP's sentiment.

it's cool you do. I know we have come a long way with gaming. But I remember where we have come from. I don't get bent out of shape about anything in this game. It's all I ever wanted. But I know my post isn't a fact it's an opinion .

Don't get me wrong, mate. I'm not saying I don't appreciate how far we've come, or what this game is. I'm just saying that I don't feel the fact we've come that far is an excuse for half-assing things, which is how it feels R* are acting at the moment.

PS: The only "Shark Cards" back then were like GameGenies, remember GameShark cards!? Thanks for the thread, OP, I got nostalgic as f*ck over this lol.

Half assing? Haha You're nuts if you think that's what R* are doing! GTA V & Online are ridiculously ambitious games, bigger, more detailed, more interactive, and more immersive than so so much before it! The effort, detail, and vision they've had is full on. Half assed... Ha! You make yourself sound like some spoilt ass child! What exactly were you expecting? It's not without faults, but that's to be expected with something so ambitious!
  • FilthyEsquire likes this

greenghost2212
  • greenghost2212

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:23 AM

Me and my brothers spent all weekend playing the flintstones. Sunday night our mother got mad that the machine was on all weekend so she hit the power button. On the finally boss stage. After an hour spent learning the pattern. We never made it back. We still don't celebrate mothers day anymore..

LMFAO!!! I don't blame you!!! I'm black and FORTUNATELY I started on Coleco and moved up. My Father was a nerd, and worked as in a hobby store part time while in the Navy, so I had every system up to NES before I was born. Then Gen released as an infant, and my Father gamed less, and I played all his systems, and must say that much has changed, but games are still games. Love them or hate them.

I always felt that way. I never thought one system was better than another, they did different things, and catered to certain games. But to compound this I can't tell a difference between PS4, and XBONE. Only time I didn't purchase a major new console around launch. PS2 disappointed me that much, and I purchased a 360 at first over PS3 cause of price, and GTA IV exclusive DLC... Sadly the 360 didn't live long enough, and paying to play online was getting silly. In the end I made the right choice. Uncharted had just dropped, and the demo wowed me. Never cared about Gears after I beat it, or Halo, or any MS exclusive besides FORZA.

WATCH DOGS better be amazing. If not I will not purchase a PS4 this year either. I love the hype titanfall has too... That game looks fun to me... Not.

Why u need a ps4 to play WD? Its coming out for all systems.

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

8eQqot7.gif

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:28 AM

8eQqot7.gif

That's good. I usually get compared to Dennis in reality, with my odd rants and crazy verifiable "Memoirs"

Never slapped though. Especially by a Brony. You type are passive aggressive in reality and embrace each others differences. Jabrony.

greenghost2212
  • greenghost2212

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:28 AM

WOOOO!!!! I LOVE YOU MAN!!  We would have been playing all nighters back then together! Vectorman? Still know Call A cab. Streets of rage one-3 are great as ever. Held up great. Golden Eye? The reason COD is lame to me... I pick my guns up off the ground nigga! (I was playing with a younger friend, a cod head, and he blindly asked in a DM yesterday... "Why are the guns on the ground?" I laughed in my head, and said evenly and plainly like mother goose, "Before COD shooters like doom, quake, and Goldeneye made you pick them up.")

Wcw vs nwo though? Nah.... Wrestlemania 2000 or No Mercy, then we're on the same page completely.

SNES was just as good. Though MK on Genesis was better than SNES. SNES had some heaters.

I had both but most of my friends and my uncle had wcw more but SNES had killer instinct my nigga lol.

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:32 AM

8eQqot7.gif

That's good. I usually get compared to Dennis in reality, with my odd rants and crazy verifiable "Memoirs"

Never slapped though. Especially by a Brony. You type are passive aggressive in reality and embrace each others differences. Jabrony.

i dont embrace a damn thing. i like a certain tv show.

what i do, however, is tolerate people for whatever sh*t they have going on, unless its bigotry on any scale or act negative to me in any way.

other than that, screw what they have going on, if they are good people, they can do/be what they want.

its not even tolerating. i just dont care.

PatrickGTA5
  • PatrickGTA5

Weed Smoker.

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

I grew up with ps1/ps2, damn u guys are old lol

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:10 PM

This f*cking game
Super_Mario_World_Logo.gif
Hard as hell but played it like crazy, still love it

your sig gets funnier the longer i look at it

Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

Yo, Mr White!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:13 PM

I do think about that sometimes when I'm playing Online. When you're just blazing through the streets and everything you don't realize how amazing the Graphics are, and how much freedom you have. I remember smashing Super Mario 64 back on the N64 and thinking it looked like the best game ever.

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:23 PM

.wrong window

Grew up in the same generation as OP. 17/02/87 (yeah, that's right America, lol)

Disagree that we should just "like what we are given" because of the fact that we lived through the evolution of gaming. If anything, we should be the ones expecting the most out of games nowadays, because we beat Mario 1 before memory cards were even a thing.

I remember Pong.
I remember Pacman.
I remember Duck Hunt.
I remember Quake.
I remember Half Life.
I remember Spyro.
I remember Vice City.
I remember Goldeneye.
I remember Halo.
I remember Call of Duty.
I remember Deus Ex.

it's cool you do. I know we have come a long way with gaming. But I remember where we have come from. I don't get bent out of shape about anything in this game. It's all I ever wanted. But I know my post isn't a fact it's an opinion .

Don't get me wrong, mate. I'm not saying I don't appreciate how far we've come, or what this game is. I'm just saying that I don't feel the fact we've come that far is an excuse for half-assing things, which is how it feels R* are acting at the moment.

PS: The only "Shark Cards" back then were like GameGenies, remember GameShark cards!? Thanks for the thread,
OP, I got nostalgic as f*ck over this lol.

Half assing? Haha You're nuts if you think that's what R* are doing! GTA V & Online are ridiculously ambitious games, bigger, more detailed, more interactive, and more immersive than so so much before it! The effort, detail, and vision they've had is full on. Half assed... Ha! You make yourself sound like some spoilt ass child! What exactly were you expecting? It's not without faults, but that's to be expected with something so ambitious!

I could not have said that better. Right on. And to the person that remembered Golden Eye, then Timesplitters.... Why didn't you put Perfect Dark inbetween those two lovely pieces of artisan bread? I would have taken the biggest bite chewed slowly then rolled my eyes back in my head.

Yeah 27 is old to someone who grew up with PS1/2... But make no mistake you guys age MUCH quicker. I know 18 year olds that look older than me. I get carded all the time, and I'm not even close to shrimpy looking. 14 year old chicks hit on me at random places like Mcdonalds and theatres. Yeah I may be "OLD" I don't look it. But I do act it.

• Vanilla-Bear likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I DON'T GIVE A F*CK WHAT YOU THINK.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:26 PM

Did not read every post but am I the only one who had a sega master system in the 80's? I am 37 btw.

PatrickGTA5
  • PatrickGTA5

Weed Smoker.

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:30 PM

.wrong window

I remember Pong.
I remember Pacman.
I remember Duck Hunt.
I remember Quake.
I remember Half Life.
I remember Spyro.
I remember Vice City.
I remember Goldeneye.
I remember Halo.
I remember Call of Duty.
I remember Deus Ex.

PS: The only "Shark Cards" back then were like GameGenies, remember GameShark cards!? Thanks for the thread,

OP, I got nostalgic as f*ck over this lol.

I could not have said that better. Right on. And to the person that remembered Golden Eye, then Timesplitters.... Why didn't you put Perfect Dark inbetween those two lovely pieces of artisan bread? I would have taken the biggest bite chewed slowly then rolled my eyes back in my head.

Yeah 27 is old to someone who grew up with PS1/2... But make no mistake you guys age MUCH quicker. I know 18 year olds that look older than me. I get carded all the time, and I'm not even close to shrimpy looking. 14 year old chicks hit on me at random places like Mcdonalds and theatres. Yeah I may be "OLD" I don't look it. But I do act it.
27 ain't that old, im 17 and always looked older.

MichiganMuscle77
  • MichiganMuscle77

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

The game IS doing just fine. It's mind blowing that so many people can't wrap their heads around the master piece of an open world that Rockstar have created here - just the fact that it works and functions at ALL is proof of their programming prowess - yet, we get a few bugs here and there, and people say the game is a pile of crap.

Idiots.

If a player loves a game, they should criticize its flaws because the player wants the game to improve. Problem being the difference between constructive criticism and loud complaining.
Edit: Not keen on backseat modding but this is turning more into "I am an older gamer than you" competition than explaining why GTA Online is such a boost to gaming.

There's a difference between criticism and bitching like it's the end of the world. I will recognize and comment on GTA V's flaws, but I'm also aware that the technical achievements of the game far outweigh some glitches here and there that will get patched out for free over time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users