why kids?

101 replies to this topic
ModderX
  • ModderX

#1 90's Car Fan

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:25 AM

I was riding my Sanchez past one of the safe houses and a bloke was parked outside on a Sanchez. Texted and told him to come stunting, we took the bikes out to the hills and were doing backflips.0_0.jpg
Never spoke to him over the mic because I'm always too lazy to charge mine. A few days later I was in a server with one of my mates and he joined. I only noticed because he kept getting spawn killed he's Rank 19 or something. Went over and gave him a hand.
Fast forward a week and we've been doing drifts and rallys in the Sultan, evading 5 stars, BMX stunts, gun battles at the Airport. Anyways we were parachuting of Mount Chilidad and he sent me a message asking how old I was.GpuSTcg.jpg
I respond and then get this dreaded message...y2CIBFG.jpg
I've literally been playing with a 9 year old without realising it. We went drifting, cop hunting, stunting and did heaps of missions. Not sure whether I should continue playing with him. Can't exactly unfriend him because he sends me a "Hi" or "Online" message everytime I come online.

He sounds like a nice 9 year old. Stop being such a f*cking twat because he's a kid.
  • ashbashbluesfan likes this

Trevor De Santa
  • Trevor De Santa

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:26 AM

I was playing when a kid is on the mic , he is talking to his friend, " Dude I just found a hooker" then his friend is like " yeah dude it's f*ckin cool man" I imagine he is trying to fap but nothin comes out lol jk I'm weird.

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:27 AM

No I've never seen a good mannered kid (actual kids with squeaky voice). They all act tyranny especially when they have all the mods unlocked in their possession.

I was once in a random race of 4 person in total. One of them is a kid with mic and kept talking crap, like "what?! a girl? blablabla (rude stuff about bitch must be suck kind of thing)" and "i told you i'm the king of this race!". Not to forget that he kept coughing like his throat get choked. It's so disgusting and annoying.

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:27 AM

Kid players aren't the problem, older players do most of the bitching. & why does everyone act like they never was a kid before, you can say "oh I wasn't like the kids now" but most likely that opinion stems from your perception of yourself not others.

tind94
  • tind94

pls Rockstar, not the belt! I won't glitch again!

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:48 AM

I imagine he is trying to fap but nothin comes out lol jk I'm weird.

.......... Yeeeaaaaaahhh

RiseAgainBH
  • RiseAgainBH

PSN : RiseAgain-BHR

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:58 AM

When ever I encounter crazy kids I just tell them im from rockstar and ill ban them. It works every time they either say sorry , leave the game , or switch off their mics.

THE GHETTO JEZUS
  • THE GHETTO JEZUS

Tape Is Love, Tape Is Life

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:00 AM

Nope, I wish I did or else I would still have good hearing. Sucks that most of the kids that are playing gtao are just those loser kids from cod that would bitch and whine about anything. Thank god I didn't have to deal with kids that scream like this

Daniel123Shaw123
  • Daniel123Shaw123

Some Random

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:10 AM

It doesn't matter to me whether or not a child appears to be "mature" on XBL or not. The game is 18+, and it agitates me that it's so hard for me to find a lobby full of actual adults rather than squeaks. It's why I started my one man crusade against the Squeak Horde.

See a Squeak, make it Squeak.

Also swear as much as humanly possible when you hear a parent in the background.

You f*cktards never learn do you? THE RATING SYSTEM IS THE OPINION OF THAT PEGI WANKER! IT'S NOT ILLEGAL TO HAVE A CHILD ON A GAME, for f*ck sake, logic.

SMoKsTeR75
  • SMoKsTeR75

???????

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:12 AM

my boys play gta Online there 15 and 12 but they play the game races/missions/death matches and don't care if they win or lose they don't shout scream or do anything racist because they all know it just a damn game lol :) or it could be the way we have brought them up to be good and polite to all when playing as it not real it just games :) i have been in some lobby's were there are well sounds like just kids and all they do is scream / swear most time get spawn killed by tanks and all that but the easy way to get rid of them is just leave and start new session :( :)

WTFThisIsntWii
  • WTFThisIsntWii

Twerk Team

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:14 AM

-snip-

He sounds like a nice 9 year old. Stop being such a f*cking twat because he's a kid.

A twat really... that was uncalled for, something I'd expect from an immature 9 year old. I didn't insult him in anyway I simply stated I was unsure whether I should continue playing with him as he's half my age.

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:17 AM

Kid players aren't the problem, older players do most of the bitching. & why does everyone act like they never was a kid before, you can say "oh I wasn't like the kids now" but most likely that opinion stems from your perception of yourself not others.

Because during the time they were little kids, they played lego instead of squeaking at other people through mic in online game.

RiseAgainBH
  • RiseAgainBH

PSN : RiseAgain-BHR

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:19 AM

Start > Online > Players > Mute
Hold select > Chat > Set to Friends only
  • LittleB likes this

King S0lo
  • King S0lo

Don Dada

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:47 AM

lol, 16 year olds arguing with 14 year olds about 12 year olds. classic.

*passthepopcorn.gif*

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

One of my better Xbox friend was 14 when we started playing with him. Everyone in our group just assumed he was older as he didn't have kid voice and acted more mature than we did most of the time. It wasn't until a few weeks later we found out how young he was but by then we all liked him. 

In GTA I'm rarely outside of party chat or I have my game voice to crew/friends if they are on. If I am playing alone I will open up the chat channel to hear what's going on, but I stay muted most of the time. The vast majority of trash talk, insults and racial epithets I hear online comes from adults. While I do find their shrill squeals irritating I grasp that there are other ways to alleviate my irritation without becoming the embodiment of childish immaturity.

I can only even recall two incidents of direct contact with kids I've had in GTA:O. One was during the Xmas billionaire bonanza, this kid was new to the game and getting hassled by several others in the lobby, he and I were the only ones speaking so I helped get the players off his case and tricked out a Fusilade for him. He was very happy and his dad got on the mic to thank me for helping out. The second was just this week. Several "mature" gamers were griefing this kid(level 9) and he didn't realize he turned on passive and didn't know how to shut it off. I picked him up, told him how to shut it off and gave him my tank. He then proceeded to mercilessly seek revenge and drove a couple of the former griefers out of the lobby while I watched on my garage TV.

• backward_axis likes this

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:23 AM

I have met a mature kid through my crew. He is at age 13. Yes I still consider that as a child. He and I went to do some rooftop rumble, races and ect. He had a mic. He was the most polite young little man I have ever seen. I added him and we still play with each other only on weekends since he does have school. But to me the problem is the adults that forgets that they are adults. They are supposed to be "mature adults" and not "pick a fight or moan about kids:. I try to over analyze the issues and boy I'll tell you. It is definitely the adults who have the problem. If you have a problem with a kid, than there is either a block button on your PSN Friends section or something for 360 since I don't play that online or just turn your mic on to only your friends. 

• backward_axis likes this

OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

Royalty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:02 AM

no, they all want freebies, send you a million friend requests and then start screaming foul language while their ghetto dad coaches them in the background.

kids that play GTA dont have fathers, thats the issue.

Solid Scorpion
  • Solid Scorpion

FOXHOUND-SFG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:04 AM

I've met a couple decent kids, literally just a couple.

It isn't really about if they're old enough to play the game, I'd be a hypocrite if I tried to pull that one (though worse graphics and lack of net multiplayer when I was a kid), 

it's about wether they're mature enough.

Unfortunately the good kids get swept up in the majority category that scream, whine and have no sense of honour as soon as we hear their high pitched voice 

(kind of like when I was a teenager all teens got labelled as hoody wearing knife carrying thugs).

There's a kid, think he's about 13 who regularly tags along with me and the guys. He's pretty mature, has a soh and can be quite a pleasant lad. If I didn't know the guy, I'd probably automatically throw him into the squeak, whine, no respect category.

It would kinda be justified to throw allot of the kids into the above category, but it's not fair that we tar them all with the same brush.

Though on the other side, this is a adult game. The violence isn't a biggie because that's in all forms of entertainment, it's the sexual stuff that's a problem for me. 

My niece who's 10 was telling me her friend the same age showed her GTA and spent the whole time in the strip club and shagging hookers. Call me a prude or whatever but IMO kids the age of 10 shouldn't be exposed to sexual content.

Yet again it falls down to lazy/unaware parents. Little Johnny wants this game, I won't take the age restriction into account or even test or read a review about it, just give it to him so he can f off into his room out my way.

I've moved miles away from my original point lol

In short I guess don't label all kids the same, but I don't think lil kids should be playing this game un-supervised.

• LittleB likes this

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:04 AM

I was riding my Sanchez past one of the safe houses and a bloke was parked outside on a Sanchez. Texted and told him to come stunting, we took the bikes out to the hills and were doing backflips.

0_0.jpg

Never spoke to him over the mic because I'm always too lazy to charge mine. A few days later I was in a server with one of my mates and he joined. I only noticed because he kept getting spawn killed he's Rank 19 or something. Went over and gave him a hand.

Fast forward a week and we've been doing drifts and rallys in the Sultan, evading 5 stars, BMX stunts, gun battles at the Airport. Anyways we were parachuting of Mount Chilidad and he sent me a message asking how old I was.

GpuSTcg.jpg

I respond and then get this dreaded message...

y2CIBFG.jpg

I've literally been playing with a 9 year old without realising it. We went drifting, cop hunting, stunting and did heaps of missions. Not sure whether I should continue playing with him. Can't exactly unfriend him because he sends me a "Hi" or "Online" message everytime I come online.

Well to be fair, from your story he seems like a good kid. I say dont unfriend him.

King S0lo
  • King S0lo

Don Dada

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

It isn't really about if they're old enough to play the game, I'd be a hypocrite if I tried to pull that one (though worse graphics and lack of net multiplayer when I was a kid), 

Unfortunately the good kids get swept up in the majority category that scream, whine and have no sense of honour as soon as we hear their high pitched voice 

(kind of like when I was a teenager all teens got labelled as hoody wearing knife carrying thugs).

There's a kid, think he's about 13 who regularly tags along with me and the guys. He's pretty mature, has a soh and can be quite a pleasant lad. If I didn't know the guy, I'd probably automatically throw him into the squeak, whine, no respect category.

It would kinda be justified to throw allot of the kids into the above category, but it's not fair that we tar them all with the same brush.

Though on the other side, this is a adult game. The violence isn't a biggie because that's in all forms of entertainment, it's the sexual stuff that's a problem for me. 

My niece who's 10 was telling me her friend the same age showed her GTA and spent the whole time in the strip club and shagging hookers. Call me a prude or whatever but IMO kids the age of 10 shouldn't be exposed to sexual content.

Yet again it falls down to lazy/unaware parents. Little Johnny wants this game, I won't take the age restriction into account or even test or read a review about it, just give it to him so he can f off into his room out my way.

In short I guess don't label all kids the same, but I don't think lil kids should be playing this game un-supervised.

just to make sure i understood you right; you don't mind your 10 year old niece being exposed to 6 million ways to kill and die, to people getting burned, stabbed, blown up, shot in the head, ran over with pink Adders (not going for the whole 6 mill, you know what i mean by now) etc...

buuuut... a little digital lapdancing and sex that takes place 90% off screen has you up in arms, or if not that, at least concerned? you know that already little babies play with their genitals, right? ever seen a baby stab someone in the neck with a broken bottle? if yes, move! but i guess it's a no, and maybe that tells you a little something about that absurdity of your argument. 

this is the age old media hypocrisy of violence being glorified and sex being demonized, when in reality they deserve exactly the opposite. so sad it still seems to sink in.

• ashbashbluesfan, JiNX77 and greenghost2212 like this

greenghost2212
  • greenghost2212

Leader of the Central Ave Gang

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

This

SmellyFishBarrel
  • SmellyFishBarrel

Don't do anything stupid cousin

• Members
  • France

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

No, but kids or squeakers are not my concern it's instant mute for them, SOME black youth on this game tho... They don't seem to know anything else but swearing, and acting hard prolly cuz they 420 blaze all day nigghuuur. Lmao, and I'm not beeing racist here just stating facts. Some of these mofos are acting like GTA V is some kinda tuff ass ghetto sh*t.

Solid Scorpion
  • Solid Scorpion

FOXHOUND-SFG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

just to make sure i understood you right; you don't mind your 10 year old niece being exposed to 6 million ways to kill and die, to people getting burned, stabbed, blown up, shot in the head, ran over with pink Adders (not going for the whole 6 mill, you know what i mean by now) etc...

buuuut... a little digital lapdancing and sex that takes place 90% off screen has you up in arms, or if not that, at least concerned? you know that already little babies play with their genitals, right? ever seen a baby stab someone in the neck with a broken bottle? if yes, move! but i guess it's a no, and maybe that tells you a little something about that absurdity of your argument. 

this is the age old media hypocrisy of violence being glorified and sex being demonized, when in reality they deserve exactly the opposite. so sad it still seems to sink in.

I'd rather my niece not be exposed to either.

I'd never let her or any of my other niece's or nephew's near the majority of my games.

Though I'm aware that various degrees of violence is everywhere.

Not only in games or films, but everything from your TV soaps to Tom and Jerry.

I'm not saying kids should be exposed to violence, I'm saying they're more likely to be exposed to it in the future or have already.

And yeah because of this IMO I'd rather a kid virtually shoot someone than virtually fk someone.

It's the lesser of two evils IMO.

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:53 AM

I'm not saying kids should be exposed to violence, I'm saying they're more likely to be exposed to it in the future or have already.

And yeah because of this IMO I'd rather a kid virtually shoot someone than virtually fk someone.

It's the lesser of two evils IMO.

How is an act which creates death less evil than the act that creates life?

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:56 AM

Because during the time they were little kids, they played lego instead of squeaking at other people through mic in online game.

Grow up, times are changing. I bet you're one of those cockbags stuck in the past who ride around on penny farthings.

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:42 AM

Nathaaann giving Luis a classic response...an insult.

No respect and courtesy anymore with today's youngsters. Poor reflection on parents and the way they raise their children.

Biff73
  • Biff73

101% Red neck

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

Kids are rotten little pieces of sh*t that should be shot on sight :lol:  :lol:

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

6-12 mostly  squeakies and badly skilled griefers. 13-15~ horny, they matured and got better skill, actually not being too much of a dick. 16-18 ope, nevermind. They're dicks again and now they acting all hard uhh brooo. Still horny. 19 and above random mix of loners, creepers, freaks, some griefers, stat whores, forum addicts and pedophiles.

What I'm saying is that you get dicks everywhere regardless of rage. It's when their hormones are raging when they're the most troublesome. They need to have an anal orgasm to calm em.

Sh4d0wX32111
  • Sh4d0wX32111

Strawhat

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:03 AM

I would also like to mention how many squeakers I have run into that use "Doing a YouTube Video" to justify their sh*tty attempts at trolling.

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

Even though this game is rated mature, why do you guys always blame the kids? Sure there are those yolo420 chradder kinds, but then there is the average gta player that happens to be a kid . So my question is, have you ever met a good or decent kid in a lobby?

no. i havent.

the moment you try to ask them to do or not to do something , example: " i know you are killing people near lsc but can you be chill for a second? im bringing in my gas green turismo and im just going into lsc for (reason)"  and the first thing he does is blow me up when i start rolling in. and he even said " ok" . no. that crap doesnt fly with me. and it shouldnt fly with anyone.

OmegaEvolution
  • OmegaEvolution

Royalty

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:09 AM Edited by OmegaEvolution, 10 May 2014 - 11:09 AM.

Grow up, times are changing. I bet you're one of those cockbags stuck in the past who ride around on penny farthings.

You make the English language sound barbarous. They should never have stopped teaching elocution and received pronunciation in Schools, it's making children like Nathan sound like Neanderthals when they type or open their mouths. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users