Photo

why kids?

101 replies to this topic
CuloHands
  • CuloHands

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:02 AM

Even though this game is rated mature, why do you guys always blame the kids? Sure there are those yolo420 chradder kinds, but then there is the average gta player that happens to be a kid . So my question is, have you ever met a good or decent kid in a lobby?

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:04 AM

no, they all want freebies, send you a million friend requests and then start screaming foul language while their ghetto dad coaches them in the background.

• ezfaun, Anger Personified, Iroquois and 2 others like this

Winning001
  • Winning001

Dreams were so 'ard even his nightmares were scared of him

• Members
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:06 AM Edited by Winning001, 10 May 2014 - 12:08 AM.

Parents buying the game for their kids and also the poorly enforced Rating system.

also i have not met a decent kid in a rated M game. most have these annoying ass squeaker voices who call everyone profane/racist things for no reason

its funny as hell when theyre parents walk in on them yelling that crap

• Iroquois, Solid Scorpion, Miss Malevolent and 1 other like this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

In Serious Relapse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:09 AM Edited by CarimboHanky, 10 May 2014 - 12:10 AM.

Parents buying the game for their kids and also the poorly enforced Rating system.

the rating system is well implemented, at least in the local gamestop they wont sell this type of games to kids.

but if the parent buy the game there is nothing else no one can do as there is no way of preventing kids from playing this game once the game leave the store.

ashbashbluesfan
  • ashbashbluesfan

Professional Griefer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:10 AM

I originally played gta as a kid, from gta 3 and I can tell you that I was nothing like the kids on today.

I've met 1 decent kid on gta, and a few on call of duty but the vast majority fit the stereotype, most of them LOVE chrome, they all think they are drift kings and pro racers, they want me to send them money and cars, most of them are over privileged wiggers too.

• Anger Personified, Solid Scorpion, Oz70NYC and 1 other like this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:12 AM

Yeah, I've met a couple of decent kids, but the majority of them were just poorly raised. I've been gaming online since I was 13 and it always seemed that I was never the one throwing the vulgar insults.

Good thing my parent raised me right.
  • Solid Scorpion, TimelyMeerkat, Franceska and 5 others like this

Winning001
  • Winning001

Dreams were so 'ard even his nightmares were scared of him

• Members
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:14 AM Edited by Winning001, 10 May 2014 - 12:14 AM.

I originally played gta as a kid, from gta 3 and I can tell you that I was nothing like the kids on today.

I've met 1 decent kid on gta, and a few on call of duty but the vast majority fit the stereotype, most of them LOVE chrome, they all think they are drift kings and pro racers, they want me to send them money and cars, most of them are over privileged wiggers too.

This describes every kid playing GTA O 

• Anger Personified, A Maned Wolf, ashbashbluesfan and 3 others like this

Darth_Rob
  • Darth_Rob

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:16 AM Edited by Darth_Rob, 10 May 2014 - 12:19 AM.

I've run into some decent kids in squad shooters, where there is a level of cooperative gameplay. Rainbow 6, Ghost Recon, etc. But none in GTA V. 

And if I talked like these kids do, my old man would've smashed my Atari 2600 with an aluminum baseball bat.

• Alarming likes this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:19 AM

It doesn't matter to me whether or not a child appears to be "mature" on XBL or not. The game is 18+, and it agitates me that it's so hard for me to find a lobby full of actual adults rather than squeaks. It's why I started my one man crusade against the Squeak Horde.

See a Squeak, make it Squeak.

Also swear as much as humanly possible when you hear a parent in the background.

• KillaVolt likes this

rickreim
  • rickreim

Friendly Neighborhood Murderer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:24 AM

Hey OP, you should PM this guy:

http://gtaforums.com...gtao/?hl=mature

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:24 AM Edited by Sugar Free Nos, 10 May 2014 - 12:26 AM.

It doesn't matter to me whether or not a child appears to be "mature" on XBL or not. The game is 18+, and it agitates me that it's so hard for me to find a lobby full of actual adults rather than squeaks. It's why I started my one man crusade against the Squeak Horde.

Also swear as much as humanly possible when you hear a parent in the background.

Really? That's pretty pathetic.

So when you encounter another person online you just swear at them as much as possible for no good reason? Who's really the child in that situation?
  • senormidget, Ezza. and KornbreadMaf1a like this

OTF_Crow
  • OTF_Crow

President of The Feared MC

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:26 AM

I have, my little brothers, they know it's a game and they get bored and go outside and be boys. They give me hope for future generations.

Kerberos42
  • Kerberos42

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:27 AM

I was playing with this guy, we spent about 3 hours doing missions together, and he was awesome. Even though we didn't have mics, we coordinated well, he shot well, drove really well, maybe better than me.  We added each other as friends, then a couple days later I was online with a mic and so was he, turns out he was 13.  I was surprised as I'm sure most peoples experience with 13 y/o players is entirely different.  Being 41 I felt a little odd friending a 13/yo so I had to unfriend him, I felt bad about that.

• Solid Scorpion and tetsuomax like this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:29 AM

So when you encounter another person online you just swear at them as much as possible for no good reason? Who's really the child in that situation?

If the only way I can make a sh*tty parent realise that they're a sh*tty parent for letting an underage child play this game is to shout c*ntf*ckdickfart through the mic until little "Billy" gets the Spanish Inquisition, then I'll do it.

Have fun playing with kids, I'm off to call Chris Hansen.

• HappyHogJens likes this

PoopyThomas
  • PoopyThomas

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:31 AM

Believe it or not, I see more Adults being whiny babies than kids. They always think they're the sh*t cussing out little kids, stooping down to their level...it's quite sad actually. Been in a couple of lobbies where I just hear adults arguing with each other or bashing on kids, OH AND ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY'RE CUSSING WITH A KID IN THE BACKROUND AND THEY WANNA TALK ABOUT BAD PARENTING LOL, but yeah.
  • Solid Scorpion, Bombshock, ninjaontour and 5 others like this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:35 AM

If the only way I can make a sh*tty parent realise that they're a sh*tty parent for letting an underage child play this game is to shout c*ntf*ckdickfart through the mic until little "Billy" gets the Spanish Inquisition, then I'll do it.

So, the only way to teach him not to treat people like garbage is to treat him like garbage? Maybe you're poor parent.

I don't care what your voice sounds like or how old you are in birth years, if you treat people that way online you are nothing more than a child yourself.

Maybe that's why you can't find any actual adults to play with, because they all mute you and leave because you're some pathetic adult shouting obscenities at a kid.
  • Solid Scorpion, skittlez86, a20characterusername and 6 others like this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:38 AM Edited by ninjaontour, 10 May 2014 - 12:53 AM.

Believe it or not, I see more Adults being whiny babies than kids. They always think they're the sh*t cussing out little kids, stooping down to their level...it's quite sad actually. Been in a couple of lobbies where I just hear adults arguing with each other or bashing on kids, OH AND ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY'RE CUSSING WITH A KID IN THE BACKROUND AND THEY WANNA TALK ABOUT BAD PARENTING LOL, but yeah.

"Don't f*cking tell me what to do with my f*cking son." - direct quote from GTA father this week after I ripped him about his 8 year old playing in the same lobby as him. What kind of parent willingly exposes an 8 year old to an uncensored online experience?

Weak role model, to say the least.

So, the only way to teach him not to treat people like garbage is to treat him like garbage? Maybe you're poor parent.

I don't care what your voice sounds like or how old you are in birth years, if you treat people that way online you are nothing more than a child yourself.

Maybe that's why you can't find any actual adults to play with, because they all mute you and leave because you're some pathetic adult shouting obscenities at a kid.

I treat Squeaks as they come. I've a handful on my friendlist who aren't annoying assholes. I have no time, however, for 8 year old white kids who say ni**er every other word. Not cool, not funny, and a display of sh*tty parenting.

• PoopyThomas and freedomna like this

CuloHands
  • CuloHands

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:49 AM

I'm just saying we all get along and play.
  • HappyHogJens and bootswitdafur like this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:52 AM

Sure I've come across plenty of them and I'm sure I've played with many more that I didn't know where kids due to them not using a mic. Yes you do get the annoying ones from time to time but it really is just a game at the end of the day, so nothing to get to worked up over.

logout25
  • logout25

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:01 AM

i played with a few younger ppl add them to the friends list and latter on like 3,4 days they all do the same thing can u host RR for 4hrs so i can get money .
so if ur not 17 attest 16 don't get the game and don't play .

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:08 AM

Very few and far between but I have met decent kid players. They are out there, just need to be found that's all.

FunkyFreak
  • FunkyFreak

hands up don't shoot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:09 AM

Kids pose no threat to me, they're easy to deal with and usually not that hostile. It's the adults that act like little kids i watch out for.

Outplug
  • Outplug

PSN: Headphenomenon

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:11 AM

I've not met a decent kid who's been verifiable as a kid. I might have, and maybe they didn't speak or show signs of being a kid, but of all the people who use their mics and show it? f*ck no, they're all little c*nts that shouldn't be touching this game anyway.

Myu
  • Myu

=^● ⋏ ●^=

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:20 AM

Yes, just one. He was hitting on me and proceeded to tell me how big his dick was. I had no words only slow clap.

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

General

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:37 AM

the rating system is well implemented, at least in the local gamestop they wont sell this type of games to kids.

but if the parent buy the game there is nothing else no one can do as there is no way of preventing kids from playing this game once the game leave the store.

You are 1,000,000% correct.

Friend of mine works at a gamestop and she said she lost count on how many versions of GTA she has sold to "Parents" with there kids in the background saying "Mom please billy has it too, and he said If i don't get it he won't be my friend anymore"

She said 8 of 10 will still buy the game after the cashier informs them of the game content and rating ect.

I have two daughters myself and my oldest is old enough to where she knows how to play video games and such but i wpn't let her play GTA in fact i don't even play it when they are around i only play it at night or when they are in school.

There have been times i've heard parents playing the game with their kids.

a few weeks ago i heard a young boy say "Dad?" and the dad answered and that when i found out the kid and his dad who is working in another country play GTA together before the kid goes to bed.

I'm all for parents spending time with there kids playing video games to spend time togeather but there are tons of games that are for your son and still fun to play as an adult.

We ended up having a long conversation about it but in the end he said he won't stop his kid from playing it

• Solid Scorpion, ninjaontour and Ezza. like this

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:47 AM

I just treat them the same as anyone else.

I reckon the reason most "kids" act like pricks is because a lot of people act like c*nts to them. They see these adults hurling abuse at them "f*ck off you stupid kid" and spawn killing them and, like kids do in real life, emulate and copy the adults behavior. They decide they want to act like the adults do so then go and abuse the next person they meet. We need to set a better example if we expect their behaviour to improve. I know it's only a stupid game but adults are still the role models within the game and kids are gonna get their cues on how to behave from us.
  • RowanSane, Sugar Free Nos, TimelyMeerkat and 5 others like this

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

General

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:50 AM

What if they have the wireless headset like i do?

The sound only comes though the headphones not the TV so you'd just be blowing a lot of hot air for nothing

Apxidia
  • Apxidia

Apxidia

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:57 AM

Unfortunately I think all the "kids" are the reason why gta:o has turned into an infinite death match and has given everyone a reason to believe that other players can't be trusted when you encounter them.

I remember back in the day with games like test drive unlimited where people would just spend hours driving in groups around an island just for the sake of driving and playing with others (complete strangers mind you).  I think the reason gta:o looks like fun for many when they watch youtubers play is because you're watching a big group of friends doing creative things aside from killing everything that moves constantly.  This is something that in my opinion, the 'kids' are ruining.

• blk95ta, Solid Scorpion, freedomna and 2 others like this

Wisers94
  • Wisers94

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:00 AM Edited by Wisers94, 10 May 2014 - 02:01 AM.

i've had two kids that were dece one wanted to know how i got the merryweather mesa so i showed him and he was cool we ripped around and did missions and the other i met doing playlists he was cool didnt freak out and listened to what we told him to do so insteada wrecking the mission

K-ROSE
  • K-ROSE

45 mins Southeast of Thibodaux, Louisiana

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:04 AM

From what I've observed, the median IQ of GTA:O players is somewhere in the low 80s. And I specifically target squeaker kids. They are easily identified as the ones spawn killing in tanks and calling everyone racist slurs. 

• luisniko likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users