» «
Photo

My thought on Eddie Low...

24 replies to this topic
Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:03 PM Edited by tikhung01, 09 May 2014 - 06:29 PM.

Hi guys! This is my honest thought on the character Eddie Low from GTA IV:

So, i didn't even know who he is until i replay GTA IV. He is creepy and yet i feel poor for him. He is a serial killer, has every fetishes(Just like me...lol).

It disturbs me how a character that sounds so innocent can be a killer. And the more disturbing part that lots of killer act like him. 

How he says: "Silly little billy" gave me chill. That's f*cked up.

It's more f*cked up when i read his backstory:

Eddie was born in San Fierro in 1977. He writes online that his father would force him to wear girl's clothes and grow his hair out (even sending him to school dressed that way), as well as forcing Eddie to perform sexual acts on him. Eddie later killed him out of spite. He had a little brother (who he apparently placed in the oven), but killed him and hid his body in a pond. In elementary school, he would dig a hole and sit in it, and one of his first murder victims was a red-headed kid who urinated in the hole. Also, in school, he would touch other kids inappropriately, otherwise keep to himself.

He loved his mother very much, perhaps even in a romantic and/or sexual way (extreme Oedipus complex), even though she forbade him to watch television (with the exception of cartoons and wildlife programs) and punished him for masturbating. One day, he accidentally suffocated and killed his mother, by putting her head under the sand. This was an honest mistake on Eddie's part, as he claimed that he wanted to marry her. Since, Eddie has saved all of her clothes (including underwear) for cross-dressing purposes and kept her severed breasts in a shoebox under his bed, a reference to serial killer Ed Gein, who was found to have kept female victim's breasts in shoeboxes in his home. He mentions a grandpa that he touched inappropriately, and his grandma punishing him, hinting that he may have been raised by them thereafter.

http://gta.wikia.com/Eddie_Low

Seriously, THIS ISN'T GTA! It is on a whole new level, it can't be in the same Universe as GTA V and TBOGT.

Rockstar nailed hard with Eddie Low....

Sorry for my bad English.

• kvic and Crimie Marston like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Have no fear, Olek is here! Mwahahaha...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

I felt bad for him too. He had a f*cked up childhood. I had some sick ideas, where Niko would lead him into a police ambush and they would take Eddie into an inclosed place. Well about the fetishes, who doesn't have any? :p

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:21 PM

Eddie Lowe definetly was a creepy character, probably one of the creepiest in the whole GTA series and he made quite a impression even though you dont really spend a whole lot of time with him. I wouldn't say I feltsorry for him though as he is a serial killer.

• Crimie Marston likes this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:30 PM

I can't believe that a lot of people still say that Trevor is the most f*cked up character in the series...

• Jeansowaty, Crimie Marston and Vice City criminal like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:03 AM

Jesus, that video.

@10:16

He's dead, Jim.

JeffreyDahmer
  • JeffreyDahmer

Dan Houser Is God

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:44 AM Edited by JeffreyDahmer, 10 May 2014 - 03:47 AM.

this is one of the Reasons among many other reasons why the writers at R* Are REALLY Underrated their dialogue and back stories for each Character Are SO Creative.

• Crimie Marston, Revenge of the Donut and TheGoodSgtScooter like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

To me the Eddie Low encounters showcase the level of quality GTA IV's dialogue posesses and how to create tense and uncomfortable moments using the atmosphere (night time, fog ).

Quite frankly he makes GTA V's Strangers & Freaks seem normal. Certainly one of the most creative yet bizarre characters they've ever created. I think he'd be right at home in Manhunt.
  • Loosestring, Legomanarthur, Crimie Marston and 5 others like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

Eddie Low would've made a better protagonist than Trevor.

• MiamiViceCity, Jeansowaty, ClaudX and 3 others like this

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:06 PM

I remember when I first met him, I was a little scared because he seemed pretty impulsive (you can see that in his second encounter though) and... deranged... Even his dialogue made me feel uncomfortable with him. Then in the end of his first encounter I was like "God, I hope I will never see him again".

R* did great with this character, and I preffer this kind of psycho rather than Trevor, but it would be too strange to have him as a protagonist :happy:  . I hope we will see some new pshycopath in future GTA :) .

XavMashes
  • XavMashes

Liberty City guy

• Members
  • Uruguay

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:14 PM

I find Dwayne's story to be more tragical...

Gold-NBayse
  • Gold-NBayse

player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:38 AM

I found Killing Eddie more satisfying than killing Dmitri. It was also interesting reading the news articles of him on the GTA IV internet. I honestly hope we get another crazy character like him again, Mostly so I can kill them.

• MiamiViceCity likes this

Loosestring
  • Loosestring

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:37 PM

I agree with SOL, Eddie Low was pretty much with the dark, gritty atmosphere of Liberty City. He was really creepy after all, yeah he is zoophiliac, necrophiliac serial killer but that dude was really creeping me out. Also I think Eddie is one of the devastating proofs that IV was much more successful in terms of characters.

If I compare it to V's Strangers & Freaks, I can say Nigel & Mrs. Thornhill were the most creepy but they're nothing compared to Eddie. But, I'm not so sure if I'd pick Trevor or Eddie. Eddie is a real creepy guy, a perv, a zoophiliac a necrophiliac... Trevor has a love for "human stew" and he has unpredictable and unnecessary anger... I really don't know.

• Zello likes this

Vice City criminal
  • Vice City criminal

Informing myself at unspecified times

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

compared to Eddie Low trevor just look like a manchild with anger issues.

• Jeansowaty and Zello like this

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:11 PM

They just need to combine Trevor and Eddie, and they have the creepiest GTA character ever.

I think the best Stranger in any R* game is the "Strange man" in RDR. 

• Zello and Revenge of the Donut like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

compared to Eddie Low trevor just look like a manchild with anger issues.

Trevor is far from a manchild.

chris-chan.jpg

Mr.Raspberry Jam
  • Mr.Raspberry Jam

Bringing great joy to a lonely man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:18 PM

I remember when I was with a friend of mine and we did the first Eddie random event together. It was 3am or something stupid like that and we were sh*t scared lol. Since then we've always joked about it, we use some of his quotes to creep each other out. We're pretty weird like that.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:08 AM

Somehow a GTA character has never matched the real life insanity of someone like Charles Manson though. If you watch an interview with Charles Manson then you find out real life psychopaths are even more insane than the ones in GTA.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

Found him yesterday.
Hard to say how unconfortable i have felt to the moment i pick him up to the moment i drop him off.
f*ck, great voice acting, great character.

Carmen!
  • Carmen!

Just Passing Through..

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:12 AM

Wow. I never found this guy. It's amazing how well R* put together his character and the interaction with Niko. I mean, wow. That is a serious backstory. I haven't found a grittier and more weird story yet in GTA V. If anything, I don't even think V has this much detail within the overall script. GTA IV seriously was and still IS a masterpiece.

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:20 AM

Eddie Low was by far the weirdest character of the game, probably any game. I felt uncomfortable playing the game with this guy in my car. Had fun killing him though, knife fight to the death.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:32 PM

Thank god the first mission he go to the backseat. I wouldnt stand this guy right next to niko.
I found him at night. It was foggy. Radio off. sh*t.... crazy sonuva bitch

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:53 AM

Eddie Low was a real creep and to me he really gave the atmosphere a spookier feeling, especially when he was alive and at large - killing pedestrians in Middle Park, posting unliked stories online, etc. The amount of detail Rockstar poured into this psychotic killer just goes to show how detailed of a game IV was. I wish V was this in depth.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia
  • Worst Bellic [All Time]

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

Jesus, that video.

@10:16

He's dead, Jim.

There is no kill like Overkill. I was more extreme then what is in the video though. I in fact completely ran out of ammo the first time I disposed of him.

Eddie Low would've made a better protagonist than Trevor.

Pity he is dead now, although maybe an undead expansion perhaps?

Cheers.

The Caped Crusader
  • The Caped Crusader

Goddamn Batman

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:50 AM

Eddie Low was an amazing character and his mission showed how much of a badass Niko was.I honestly think most of the GTA protagonists wouldn't survive that encounter.

• MiamiViceCity and Jeansowaty like this

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

Ah... that creepy guy... I don't wanna remember him again. He likes to dismantle people instead of machines. He must be an engineer. :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users