Quantcast

» «
Photo

Playing under the influence....

344 replies to this topic

Poll: Playing under the influence.... (337 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you play GTA high or drunk?

1. Yes (175 votes [51.93%])

Percentage of vote: 51.93%

2. No (110 votes [32.64%])

Percentage of vote: 32.64%

3. I have (52 votes [15.43%])

Percentage of vote: 15.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote
TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Good Pals with Yer Maw!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:04 PM

Whiskey. Almost always. 

sw4oxt.jpg

Email us a dram please..........

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:58 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 25 May 2014 - 06:01 PM.

181481059954304249_rvAF8AmE_f.jpg

just thought I'd share this here since I think it's pretty accurate

ow and all you people crazy about dabs

I had no idea what you were talking about but after a little research it turns out you guys are basically talking about what is known as hash oil

or more specifically butane hash oil, since that seems to be the most popular method of extraction atm (also a pretty dangerous one btw)

from what I've gathered it's the latest craze in the US, but it really is nothing new, people have been doing it for many many years

anyway I kind of get why it's so popular as it is really potent, but I'm not a huge fan myself, being a pretty heavy smoker I prefer to just smoke weed joints, can't imagine smoking hash oil all day and still be able to function normally

also be careful with that sh*t, not only is the production pretty dangerous, if it isn't done right there can be butane residue in the extract (or other solvents used)

and I don't think I need to tell you that smoking butane is bad for you

• TheMckeever likes this

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Good Pals with Yer Maw!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:23 PM

Any smoke inhalation causes a loss of oxygen to the brain. Explains a lot of peoples behaviour.

Snake_Pliskin79
  • Snake_Pliskin79

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:55 PM

Oh, wait, when you said high, I didn't know you meant only Mary Jane. I was counting adderall, vyvanse and percocets.

Being on a bunch of crazy man-made chemicals in pill form is probably worse for your body and mind than an ancient chinese remedy that fixes alot of ailments. Seen a video on youtube (Run from the cure) with people claiming the pure oil can cure cancer(not smoking it). Old terminally ill people with no reason to lie, that went on to survive.

Wouldn't be suprised if our Gov'ts deliberatly keep this from us, the moneys in the treatment not the cure. Plus rising global population and people living longer than ever before is maybe a good enough reason for them to withold the truth.

If it's on youtube it must be true...

You can smoke crack out of a waterpipe too. Throw some brillo filter in the bowl and you're all set.
This thread reminds me of Jon Stewart's character in half-baked.

Crack is for crackheads

Lord_Smasherton
  • Lord_Smasherton

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:08 PM Edited by Lord_Smasherton, 27 May 2014 - 09:10 PM.

Any smoke inhalation causes a loss of oxygen to the brain. Explains a lot of peoples behaviour.

Note, no brain damage occurs unless the brain is cut off completely from oxygen for 3 minutes, sometimes longer. So a small decrease in oxygen to the brain has... Little, if any, lasting effects. Otherwise when you hold your breath you'd go full retard. You full retard.

Also doesn't account for edibles and vaporizers, officer DARE.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:17 PM Edited by Accendo, 27 May 2014 - 09:18 PM.

Oh, wait, when you said high, I didn't know you meant only Mary Jane. I was counting adderall, vyvanse and percocets.

Being on a bunch of crazy man-made chemicals in pill form is probably worse for your body and mind than an ancient chinese remedy that fixes alot of ailments. Seen a video on youtube (Run from the cure) with people claiming the pure oil can cure cancer(not smoking it). Old terminally ill people with no reason to lie, that went on to survive.

Wouldn't be suprised if our Gov'ts deliberatly keep this from us, the moneys in the treatment not the cure. Plus rising global population and people living longer than ever before is maybe a good enough reason for them to withold the truth.

You can smoke crack out of a waterpipe too. Throw some brillo filter in the bowl and you're all set.

Crack is for crackheads
Crack is most definitely for crackheads. I've been around it, never done it personally, but I've never met a casual crack-smoker.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:26 PM

Crack is for crackheads
Crack is most definitely for crackheads. I've been around it, never done it personally, but I've never met a casual crack-smoker.

crack is for crackheads?

wait does that mean dope is for dopeheads?

f*cking geniuses XD

Snake_Pliskin79
  • Snake_Pliskin79

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:48 PM Edited by Snake_Pliskin79, 27 May 2014 - 09:51 PM.

DABS...

t_79a850e863b9403eadaa3c68f4c45e4c.jpg

IF you dont kno what a Dab is... y'all dont smoke no THC

Damn straight man...haha...I don't even smoke weed anymore....dabs all day long

Hardly anyone knew what it was a decade ago and it's just now starting to pick up popularity.  Plus it looks like you're smoking some sort of weird variant of crack.  And it involves explosive chemicals.  

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:54 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 27 May 2014 - 09:55 PM.

DABS...

Damn straight man...haha...I don't even smoke weed anymore....dabs all day long

Hardly anyone knew what it was a decade ago and it's just now starting to pick up popularity.  Plus it looks like you're smoking some sort of weird variant of crack.  And it involves explosive chemicals.  

I knew what it was a decade ago

(Butane) hash oil 

it just has a different name now in the US but it's basically the exact same thing.

dno how long it's been around exactly but well before my time, probably the 60's or something

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Good Pals with Yer Maw!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:10 PM Edited by TheMckeever, 27 May 2014 - 10:15 PM.

Note, no brain damage occurs unless the brain is cut off completely from oxygen for 3 minutes, sometimes longer. So a small decrease in oxygen to the brain has... Little, if any, lasting effects. Otherwise when you hold your breath you'd go full retard. You full retard.
Says the heavist smoker in the room, so please tell me more about how inhaling any smoke "just isn't that bad for you"

f*ck off you fudmunch I ain't talking about holding your breath here. Inhaling weed smoke still makes lungs go black, dizzyness has also been reported.

Vapourizers are ok thou.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:13 PM

Says the heavist smoker in the room, so please tell me more about how inhaling any smoke "just isn't that bad for you"

f*ck off you fudmunch I ain't talking about holding your breath here. Inhaling weed smoke still makes lungs go black- not rocket science.

Vapourizers are ok thou.

black lungs =/= brain damage

and that's only if you burn it

there's always vaporizers and edibles 

Cmdr_Shepherd
  • Cmdr_Shepherd

One Man Army

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:54 PM

Nope - hell, I don't even bother turning my console on if I'm even sleep-deprived, because my concentration will no doubt be massively impaired, and thus I'm not going to have a fun session...

Never drink/smoke/anything like that - not (just) because I'm a massively-puritanical spartan-living absolutist:

I've actually got sensory issues, whereby I can isolate and process stimuli (sounds, smells, images) to an almost superhuman degree (think Wolverine's 'heightened mutant senses' - yep, for real!). It's a huge benefit - helps me massively in my job (music), and I'm a real connoisseur when it comes to food/drink/whatever.

The downside? Little things like smoke in the air, loud background noise, ambient moisture, or anything else out-of-the-ordinary will start to distract my focus, because I'm having to process them and 'filter them out' of my concentration. Too many sensory distractions, and I can suffer anything from headaches to full-on blackouts, if it all gets too overwhelming.

So nope - can't afford to have any kind of intoxication lower my constant mental 'filters', particularly when trying to concentrate on something multi-sensory like a videogame. At best, I'd just be horribly off my game - at worst, I'd be risking my brain 'short-circuiting'. Yee-frickin'-ikes...   :panic:

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:18 PM

Damn so you're one of those people that consciously processes virtually everything? Sounds like blessing and a curse.
At first I thought that might be something potentially beneficial for mma fighters but now I'm starting to think not. I think I'd be too distracted to focus on my opponent.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:24 PM

DABS...

I didn't know what a Dab was until I googled it just now, and I've been smoking like every day for the past 8 years, probably because I live on the east coast, and I only smoke the cannabis plant, seeing as how anything else is just disgusting. So to answer the OP's question, yes I always play GTA while under the influence.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:39 PM

Actually, pure BHO is cleaner to smoke than the flower since there's a total lack of plant matter (ie carbon) being burned.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users