Photo

Why doesn't GTA V have a fun community like GTA IV did back in 200

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
542 replies to this topic
donkeyluver
  • donkeyluver

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:55 AM Edited by donkeyluver, 21 May 2014 - 08:00 PM.

GTA IV's community was going strong up until the middle of 2012, it still have an active community, but obviously, with the release of GTA V, it's not as large as it once was.

Fast forward to 2013, October 1st......Since GTA V has came online, there has not been a significant community as there was on GTA IV.....

Meaning, back in 2008 and 2009 on GTA IV, there were crews going for Leaderboards, crews going for the best time in Hangmans Noose....Anybody that played GTA IV on the Xbox back in 2008 through 2010 knows what it was like.....

We had legendary players that came from GTA IV....Where, as soon as you saw certain people in a Hangmans Noose lobby, you knew you weren't going to get the money. (Yes, I do kind of miss the GameSpikers that I once complained about, back in 2008 and 2009 up until GTA V's release, I despised these players.)

Game Spikers, Griefers, or Team Killers..Or just plain assholes...We had them all in GTA IV....GTA V, not so much. Bring back the Trolls from GTA IV!!!

Where are all the gamespikers and TeamKillers in GTA V? Where are all the players trying to ruin Rooftop Rumble and Violent Duct?  In GTA IV, gamespiking was sort of like it's own cult.....

Instead of saving petrovic and flying to the safe zone, these guys would kill petrovic or trick some other player into thinking that there actually is a "Money Glitch"......These are the fun moments on GTA IV which I certainly miss, and wish to recreate in GTA V.

You see, GTA IV was pretty basic, regarding it's multiplayer....So players had to actually "create" their own fun and their own experiences.....I find GTA V to be quite boring, when comparing the players of GTA V to some of the more innovative players of GTA IV.

What happened to the Xbox player who used to sit in GTA IV NOOSE lobbies all day long and wait until everybody leaves, or what about sitting on the south side building while everybody in the noose game is waiting at the baseball field, just waiting there, for hours, until they finally gave up and left. The original founder of Game Spiking, what happened to him? And his crew for that matter.

What about the original Team Killing crews on GTA IV, the founder of the modern-day team killer.....What happened to him, does he not wish to be as creative as he was in GTA IV in GTA V? Or maybe, since rockstar took team killing out of the equation, these inventive and creative players can no longer be as innovative as they were in GTA IV, and hence, they got bored very easy.

As unusual as the way these guys played (They played GTA IV the way nobody else played GTA IV at the time. They played the game the way the game WAS NOT meant to be played.....ie, shooting petrovic, making people jump out far into the ocean and swim back, killing their team).  These guys were so creative, it was ingenious. It really was a form of genius the way these guys played.

This is the main reason why I think GTA V is an EPIC fail....Rockstar took out all the creativity and imagination it takes to have fun in an open-world setting....in GTA IV, we had only each other and ourselves for entertainment...it was up to us.

In GTA V...Rockstar TRIES, I emphasize that word tries because they fail at it...They try to give us everything we want at our fingertips and in turn, the GTA V community isn't really a community at all.

How many times have you actually jumped into a GTA V lobby and actually recognized any of the random noobs that are in there with you....I'll tell ya how many....NONE, Zero!

Whereas in GTA IV, I was guaranteed to see some Legendary and distinguished players....Almost every other lobby I would get in would be someone well-known of popular in the GTA IV community, and you either knew to STAY AWAY from them, or you knew that they were just ranking up on the leaderboards...

But either way, their names "rang out" in the GTA community because these players were very popular, so of course, when you see their gamertag on the screen, their names ring a bell, you remember them. And you remember who they are and what they did in the match before.

GTA V is severely lacking in this aspect, as in, there are no esteemed or infamous players. No celebrated players on GTA V, no world-renowned players, like there were on GTA IV.....Just random noods, who you probably don't give a sh*t about and is not doing anything special or productive with his time on GTA V.

To sum it up, GTA IV players were a lot more productive and resourceful, and definitely more creative than their GTA V counterpart players.

Anybody want to weigh in on the discussion and give some feedback.....Most notably, if you played GTA IV back in 2008-2012 and actually remember playing with some High Profile players, the ones EVERYBODY KNEW....I am especially interested in hearing from you guys who knew some of the famous players of GTA IV.

These gamespikers, team killers and rebels made  significant contributions to the GTA community on the Xbox, and even though, it was frustrating playing with them sometimes...It was still a lot funner than playing GTA V

RIP, FAMED GTA IV PLAYERS!!!

• Schweppez, StormerBoy, MilezDawg and 13 others like this

Sum-gUy
  • Sum-gUy

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:04 AM

Times have changed dramatically since IV. This game is mainstream now, any kid that recieved a christmas gift has it. you are not going to have the same hardcore players as IV. If you are lucky the fad will run out, and what will be left is a community of players. Unlikely.

• tom_p1980 and hentai_posse like this

PoopyThomas
  • PoopyThomas

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:08 AM Edited by PoopyThomas, 09 May 2014 - 07:11 AM.

Did not read 

^

But, just assuming what you're saying from the title, I would guess because of money being implemented into GTA:O. With money being the key in GTA:O it's either a waste of time to grind missions, or a waste of money to buy a cash card. In GTA IV all you had to do was log on, and play, no money worries, just fun times. Also, there are new consoles, so less people play on PS3/360 compared to how many used to.

Also, I haven't GTA IV until like 2012, and that was on PC so I'm pretty sure the experience was different, but I get what you mean. I think... :O

snilsson
  • snilsson

Trick

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:10 AM

I do not comprehend and neither do I care.
"Legendary GTA players" lolz
  • MagicNarcosis, ShinobiFixer, K1rb5t3r and 9 others like this

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:13 AM

Actually I did, and the idea that you want more mission griefers is just sad.

• mmm chocolate, Gantons Most Wanted, customkingpimp and 30 others like this

donkeyluver
  • donkeyluver

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:17 AM

Times have changed dramatically since IV. This game is mainstream now, any kid that recieved a christmas gift has it. you are not going to have the same hardcore players as IV. If you are lucky the fad will run out, and what will be left is a community of players. Unlikely.

Yes, that is true....It's been 6 years since GTA IV's release....In fact, we just celebrated GTA IV's six year anniversary last week....April 29th....It was fantastic...All the old timers from GTA IV actually got back on GTA IV for the night and it was incredible, just like old times, sort of, so to speak....But either way, we had a blast...It was fun.

I just want things to go back to the way they were on GTA IV, soo many memories on that game....I don't have one memory on GTA V multiplayer yet....No significant event that can make me look back and laugh....Nothing to grab my attention, not like the players on GTA IV, they knew how to get your attention real quick....By pissing you off.

Are you a GTA IV player? An old-timer? Were you on the Xbox or the Playstation?

So let me get this straight....You are saying that you don't appreciate the innovative players from GTA IV and want to hide behind GTA V, because you couldn't hang in GTA IV?

• 7csc likes this

StraightOuttaGanton
  • StraightOuttaGanton

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:18 AM

GTA IV was fun, but then so many people were modding and freezing games it ruined it. Last time I was playing it (2013) it was all but a guarantee that your game would freeze from someone modding once it got filled up. All it took was one person. Weak. 

• NorthwindJME and Jordan_LDN like this

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:19 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 09 May 2014 - 07:21 AM.

Yes, that is true....It's been 6 years since GTA IV's release....In fact, we just celebrated GTA IV's six year anniversary last week....April 29th....It was fantastic...All the old timers from GTA IV actually got back on GTA IV for the night and it was incredible, just like old times, sort of, so to speak....But either way, we had a blast...It was fun.

I just want things to go back to the way they were on GTA IV, soo many memories on that game....I don't have one memory on GTA V multiplayer yet....No significant event that can make me look back and laugh....Nothing to grab my attention, not like the players on GTA IV, they knew how to get your attention real quick....By pissing you off.

So let me get this straight....You are saying that you don't appreciate the innovative players from GTA IV and want to hide behind GTA V, because you couldn't hang in GTA IV?
It doesn't really take much innovation to f*ck up missions for other players.
  • MagicNarcosis, Staten, NorthwindJME and 2 others like this

donkeyluver
  • donkeyluver

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:22 AM

^^^^^

I beg to differ....Nobody else was going what these guys were doing....They were creating their own fun....You couldn't finish a game with them...Impossible, but they made it fun on some level....And yes, it does take some sort of different mindset to think of creative ways to piss people off.

shootingallovertheplace
  • shootingallovertheplace

No 1 Panto Crew in the World PIGS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:22 AM

I never played GTA IV online but from what I've read it sounds pretty limited and not something long term, plus buggy.

Meh.

Ps no I didn't read but I read the responses.

shootingallovertheplace

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:25 AM

post-6812-Bender-didnt-read-LOL-gif-Imgu

If there was ever a time more appropriate....

Drivel
  • Luther_Vandross and LordBattleBeard like this

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Back in 200 everybody was just so nice. Oh the colosseum. How I miss the days of being torn apart by lions. We as a gta community were much friendlier in those days... :panic:

• Gantons Most Wanted, SirPhilMcKraken, B Dawg and 20 others like this

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

^^^^^

I beg to differ....Nobody else was going what these guys were doing....They were creating their own fun....You couldn't finish a game with them...Impossible, but they made it fun on some level....And yes, it does take some sort of different mindset to think of creative ways to piss people off.
So if someone blows up the documents in rooftop rumble thereby making it impossible for the other people to finish the mission you would say they are being innovative and creative? I beg to differ.
  • Gantons Most Wanted, malcolmfunktion, PkUnzipper and 7 others like this

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:27 AM

I'm a huge IV fanboy but I'm sorry, I have to lol at this thread.

• PkUnzipper, Jordan_LDN and LordBattleBeard like this

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:27 AM

-Didn't Read LOL-

Innovative players?

Yeah, I've trolled people by telling them they'll get $1Million if they play my race and like it, but ruining the fun for others?

You call that innovative?

I call that being a douche 

• Gantons Most Wanted, Cakelover21, Ibareny and 1 other like this

donkeyluver
  • donkeyluver

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:33 AM

^^^^^

So if someone blows up the documents in rooftop rumble thereby making it impossible for the other people to finish the mission you would say they are being innovative and creative? I beg to differ.

I can't expect you to understand....You probably weren't around when all this innovation was going on and taking place....I was there while it was happening and still forming into what it morphed into later on in the game and through the years.....Back in 2008 up until the middle of 2010, it was still fresh and new. Something not done before on a game of this kind.

-Didn't Read LOL-

Innovative players?

Yeah, I've trolled people by telling them they'll get $1Million if they play my race and like it, but ruining the fun for others?

Maybe you just weren't around during this time...Where all of these players were making a name for themselves.....They did a good job and accomplished what they wanted....Which was notoriety!! Think about that for a minute.

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:34 AM

GTAIV was a boring game, so people invented ways to play it, GTAV is very playable so there is less need for innovation and game breaking, and you see this as a bad thing and a fail by Rockstar? what? also just because there is less need for it doesnt mean it doesnt still happen... 

• MagicNarcosis and Matty079 like this

donkeyluver
  • donkeyluver

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:37 AM

GTAIV was a boring game, so people invented ways to play it, GTAV is very playable so there is less need for innovation and game breaking, and you see this as a bad thing and a fail by Rockstar? what? also just because there is less need for it doesnt mean it doesnt still happen... 

I can tell you with 100 percent honesty....That I have never come across a game spiker in GTA V as of yet.....And probably never will....But they still are going strong on GTA IV....Maybe some of you V players should give IV one more shot before you dismiss it...We are always looking for new players.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:39 AM

I can tell you with 100 percent honesty....That I have never come across a game spiker in GTA V as of yet.....And probably never will....But they still are going strong on GTA IV....Maybe some of you V players should give IV one more shot before you dismiss it...We are always looking for new players.

What is a game spiker exactly? Someone who joins just to troll? 

If so, you obviously haven't played Rooftop Rumble recently...

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:40 AM Edited by Insert-Coin-To-Continue, 09 May 2014 - 08:01 AM.

I did read it and you made a wise choice 

I made the unwise decision of seeing if it was as bad as you indicated to be. It was; my face hurts from multiple facepalms.

I don't even know where to start addressing it, because literally all of it is wrong.

• Gantons Most Wanted, K1rb5t3r, lilpokerface and 4 others like this

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:40 AM

^^^^^

I can't expect you to understand....You probably weren't around when all this innovation was going on and taking place....I was there while it was happening and still forming into what it morphed into later on in the game and through the years.....Back in 2008 up until the middle of 2010, it was still fresh and new. Something not done before on a game of this kind.

-Didn't Read LOL-

Innovative players?

Maybe you just weren't around during this time...Where all of these players were making a name for themselves.....They did a good job and accomplished what they wanted....Which was notoriety!! Think about that for a minute.

I was around back then and I loved IV.

Those guys were funny but they weren't innovative. They were just funny c*nts.

I do things like that in TDM's where it's like 4 low levels vs me, I get one kill then go to the other side of the map.

But, I wouldn't say that the "innovative players" as you put it are gone and that it's V's fault they're gone.

Most of the community got tired of them and started to fight back, so it occurs less and less in V.

Spoiler

shootingallovertheplace

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:44 AM

Ok ok, I read the OPs OP.

This is one of the worst threads ever. The arguement you put forward is nonsense. There is no humour, plenty of repetition.

1/10 I'm out.
  • Gantons Most Wanted, darkwar854, K1rb5t3r and 6 others like this

Sash
  • Sash

Mile high club

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:51 AM

Didn't read cos of year 200.
  • para11ax likes this

Choppers
  • Choppers

[Strike Back]

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:55 AM

Gah, f*ck it. Gave up half way. You're an idiot.

• Cakelover21, Insert-Coin-To-Continue, himynameisdamien and 2 others like this

FallingSanity
  • FallingSanity

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:56 AM

If I may be so bold, though GTAIV is by far my favourite GTA (I'm a realist when it comes to games, sue me) I only played the online about twice. I never got into it, never enjoyed being randomly killed for little to no reason, etc. 
I even tried after the announcement of GTAV and still, it was far from fun. 

In saying this, I didn't enjoy the GTA:SA Online either, so perhaps I just have no taste when compared to the GTA community.

• Luther_Vandross and LordBattleBeard like this

donkeyluver
  • donkeyluver

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:00 AM

Didn't read cos of year 200.

Obviously, it's supposed to read 2008-2012. In the title

• LightningLord411 likes this

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:09 AM

What is a game spiker exactly? Someone who joins just to troll? 

If so, you obviously haven't played Rooftop Rumble recently...

this. because i've seen a lot of behaviour that would have warranted 'game spiker' tag in gtaiv days.

so unless you have a more strict definition of game spiker... but even then with a different definition it would drastically reduce the amount of spikers that were actually in gtaiv.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

GTA IV was ass.

FrozenInferno
  • FrozenInferno

Heisenberg

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:23 AM

Cliff notes version:

1) OP says GTA4 trolls are geniuses
2) OP says if you don't agree or dislike trolls you can't "hang" because you're a pansy/wuss/etc
3) OP is wrong on every level

Not everybody wants to be trolled all the time, regardless of what you think is the "right" way to play a game that offers choices other than your supposed "right" way to play.
  • darkwar854, lilpokerface, Kazandra and 4 others like this

Sh4d0wX32111
  • Sh4d0wX32111

Strawhat

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:24 AM

Quick answer: Because you touch yourself at night

• MilezDawg likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users