» «
Photo

Optional phone calls during story mode

230 replies to this topic
Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:06 AM Edited by Girish, 05 July 2014 - 05:23 AM.

List of available optional phone calls and unique character switch scenes and dialogues after story missions.
Phone calls available 'during' story missions are either very rare, or currently shows insufficient experimentations from players.

To easily know whether a contact can share an optional conversation, simply stay in a vehicle with the radio turned on, dial the contact, if the contact will answer his phone the radio soundtrack will immediately lower its volume, if not, the soundtrack will maintain its volume.
All contacts who answers their phone will do so before the second dial 'beep' is passed. If you're already begin hearing the third dial beeping then you'll be hearing their voice mail.

Sometimes a contact who is also a hangout buddy will show the 'Call' button but not trigger an optional conversation.
This is because the character has merely changed his voice mail response, and the game wishes to inform the player about it.

Some are listed as 'Unconfirmed' due to conflicting responses from players, where sometimes the phone calls won't trigger.

Prologue
XX
Los Santos Part I
Spoiler

Blaine County Part I
Spoiler

Los Santos Part II
Spoiler

Blaine County Part II
Spoiler

Los Santos Part III
Spoiler

A, B, C
Spoiler

List of 'filler' contacts.
Spoiler
  • Gomack, roe, Wolfhuman and 14 others like this

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:35 AM

That`s pretty much it brother and the one or two you missed aren`t really worth the trouble of finding them.

Ermac
  • Ermac

J-ust E-ndure T-he S-uffering

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • Hottest Nigga [All Time]
    GTAF Time Trials Hipster of the Year 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:45 AM

There are a lot more than you'd expect. Similar to hanging out with friends, there are a lot of "hidden" dialogues that are up to the player to discover.

Off the top of my head:

Stretch and Lamar after The Long Stretch

Amanda 2 times (different convos on the same subject) after Marriage Counseling

Martin after Friend Request & Casing The Jewel Store

Ron after Mr. Philips

Wade a couple times after Mr. Philips

Devin during Michael and Trevor's exile from LS (as Mike or Frank, didn't try as Trevor)

Solomon during Michael and Trevor's exile from LS

I'm currently working on a save where I take my sweet sweet time with everything, so I'll post more once I come across them.

• Wolfhuman and Spaghetti Cat like this

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:57 AM

-Jimmy and Tracey while they aren't home (After "Did Somebody Say Yoga?").

I didn't catch a lot of conversations with Jim. Tracey just yells at you something and cuts

-I once caught a dialogue between T and Ron after he just moved to LS where they spoke about Ron's ex.

-After any mission involving Stretch in some way, call him and you'll get a dialogue regarding the events of what happened

-I read somewhere in this forums that you can call Chef during "The Third Way"

• Wolfhuman likes this

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:00 AM

Not sure how related but what about those small changes in and out of missions if you listen closely? Like in the first mission, Lamar will complain about Franklin's hair and on the next mission he has different dialogue depending if you cut it or not. Stuff like going back to the shop where Micheal bought his hipster clothes in the lifeinvader mission, the clerk asks how the interview went. Killing Ashley giving you different dialogue.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:21 PM

There are a lot more than you'd expect. Similar to hanging out with friends, there are a lot of "hidden" dialogues that are up to the player to discover.

Off the top of my head:

Stretch and Lamar after The Long Stretch

Amanda 2 times (different convos on the same subject) after Marriage Counseling

Martin after Friend Request & Casing The Jewel Store

Ron after Mr. Philips

Wade a couple times after Mr. Philips

Devin during Michael and Trevor's exile from LS (as Mike or Frank, didn't try as Trevor)

Solomon during Michael and Trevor's exile from LS

I'm currently working on a save where I take my sweet sweet time with everything, so I'll post more once I come across them.

this was more important than gang wars?! THE f*ck!!!!!

• fac316 and Senor Kickurass like this

autotheftgrand
  • autotheftgrand

Hotwired

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:01 PM

I'm currently doing the same thing, it would be a good idea to list all of them. This is what I currently know of.

Franklin;
Lamar after Reposession.
Jimmy after Friend Request.
Stretch after Long Stretch.
Lamar after Jewel Store Setup.
Stretch after Hood Safari.

Michael;
Jimmy after Father/Son.
Amanda after Marriage Counselling.
Solomon after exile and when back in the city.

OP you should compile a list. I think it's pretty cool, adds a lot of depth to the story.
  • Nick Testbranch likes this

soundless248
  • soundless248

Gangster

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:23 PM Edited by soundless248, 19 May 2014 - 02:03 AM.

There's also one where trevor calls ron after trevor and michael got into it at North Yankton 

Vec
  • Vec

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:28 PM

There's also one wear trevor calls ron after trevor and michael got into it at North Yankton 

Oh! Speaking of this. When Trevor is coming back from North Yankton and after Wei Cheng Sr. called you, you can call him again

And I think that there was another between these 2 after Fresh Meat

Ermac
  • Ermac

J-ust E-ndure T-he S-uffering

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • Hottest Nigga [All Time]
    GTAF Time Trials Hipster of the Year 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:19 AM Edited by Ermac., 12 May 2014 - 06:06 AM.

Got a couple more.

Michael to Amanda after Daddy's Little Girl

Michael to Dave when you regain control of him after Complications

Trevor to Ron upon his arrival in Los Santos

Michael to Amanda, Tracey (2 times), and Jimmy after Fame or Shame

Trevor to Jimmy after Fame or Shame

Franklin to Jimmy after Fame or Shame

• Holmls likes this

autotheftgrand
  • autotheftgrand

Hotwired

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:33 AM

Keep them coming..

Michael can ring Jimmy and Tracy after Somebody Say Yoga.

Franklin can call Stretch after Lamar Down.

Trevor can call Lamar after Lamar Down.

The Chicken Man
  • The Chicken Man

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

5 I just heard:

Franklin can call Stretch after Lemar Down, as mentioned by autotheftgrand 
Michael can call Devin after Legal Trouble. This is a different phone conversation than the one they have during Meltdown. 

Michael can call Devin after Meltdown, right after your conversation with Lester.  
Michael can call Solomon after Meltdown, but I only tried after the auto call from Tracey. Michael tells Solomon to stay away from him a little while as he fixes this problem with Devin.  
Franklin can call Devin after Meltdown. 

I made these calls in the order I wrote them here. 

• Pastry likes this

thc_404
  • thc_404

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:01 PM

5 I just heard:

Franklin can call Stretch after Lemar Down, as mentioned by autotheftgrand 
Michael can call Devin after Legal Trouble. This is a different phone conversation than the one they have during Meltdown. 

Michael can call Devin after Meltdown, right after your conversation with Lester.  
Michael can call Solomon after Meltdown, but I only tried after the auto call from Tracey. Michael tells Solomon to stay away from him a little while as he fixes this problem with Devin.  
Franklin can call Devin after Meltdown. 

I made these calls in the order I wrote them here. 

Nice! Keeping track of this for my next playthrough.

soundless248
  • soundless248

Gangster

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:04 AM

Can someone make a video of all these?

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:35 AM

Trevor can call Chef DURING The Third Way.

autotheftgrand
  • autotheftgrand

Hotwired

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:30 AM

What does Trevor say to Chef?
  • Wolfhuman likes this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

Haha, nice one OP. I thought that no one would do that. But some of the contacts seem to be always busy. I don't know why we have them as contacts.

autotheftgrand
  • autotheftgrand

Hotwired

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

This has given me a reason to start another playthrough. Gives a bit more depth to the characters. I like the conversation Michael has to Amanda about Franklin. Amanda says 'I don't like the idea of that' and Michael replies with 'luckily I don't give a sh*t what you think'. Haha..
  • Wolfhuman and 5.7 like this

The Chicken Man
  • The Chicken Man

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:19 PM

Hey I don't know why, but I've noticed some of these optional phone calls don't always work. For instance, the one with Dave when you first gain control of MIchael worked for me fine during my first playthrough, but on my 2nd and 3rd playthroughs he didn't answer, but he did during my current 4th playthrough. 

Also I was only able to get both phone calls with Amanda after Marriage Counseling during my first playthrough. Not since. And I also remember you could call Tracey a few times while Michael was in Sandy Shores and she would scream at Micheal and hang up the phone. All I got was her answer phone during my current playthrough.   

It's only just really dawned on me, though I've known since day one, that the missions have alternative dialog when you retry a failed mission just like in GTA 4, but I guess I haven't failed many missions because I've only heard a couple of these. I think during my next playthrough the campaign I'm going to fail most missions at the start just to hear the different dialog.

• Wolfhuman, 5.7 and Pastry like this

Prodigalsunz
  • Prodigalsunz

True wisdom is knowing that you know nothing

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:03 PM

Franklin can call Stretch after doing the first carstealing mission for Devin.

Stretch tells Franklin he wants a cut.

thc_404
  • thc_404

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:32 PM

You can also call him before starting Lamar Down and afterwards too (but that's been mentioned, I believe).

Vec
  • Vec

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

You can also call him before starting Lamar Down and afterwards too (but that's been mentioned, I believe).

Not this one. What do they talk?

• Pastry likes this

Los Ántrax

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:29 PM Edited by Syphiroth, 19 May 2014 - 09:31 PM.

Hey I don't know why, but I've noticed some of these optional phone calls don't always work. For instance, the one with Dave when you first gain control of MIchael worked for me fine during my first playthrough, but on my 2nd and 3rd playthroughs he didn't answer, but he did during my current 4th playthrough. 
Also I was only able to get both phone calls with Amanda after Marriage Counseling during my first playthrough. Not since. And I also remember you could call Tracey a few times while Michael was in Sandy Shores and she would scream at Micheal and hang up the phone. All I got was her answer phone during my current playthrough.   
It's only just really dawned on me, though I've known since day one, that the missions have alternative dialog when you retry a failed mission just like in GTA 4, but I guess I haven't failed many missions because I've only heard a couple of these. I think during my next playthrough the campaign I'm going to fail most missions at the start just to hear the different dialog.

It goes on the time of day I am sure. When switching characters time fast forwards. I usually would always call people after each mission or try randomly whenever through the storyline. Best way to know if they going to answer-
Get in the car, turn radio on and call who you want. The music in the car will lower it's volume and so you know whoever you are dialling is going to answer your call because car radio volume automatically lowers.
  • Wolfhuman and The Chicken Man like this

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

POV City Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:39 PM

Most characters are unavailable after story mode

thc_404
  • thc_404

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

Not this one. What do they talk?

Mainly about Lamar...

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:01 AM Edited by Wolfhuman, 20 May 2014 - 10:01 AM.

Also, sometimes they don't seem to answer the first call. So you maybe want to try it 3 times to make sure. Yes, it is tiring i admit lol.

It goes on the time of day I am sure. When switching characters time fast forwards. I usually would always call people after each mission or try randomly whenever through the storyline. Best way to know if they going to answer-
Get in the car, turn radio on and call who you want. The music in the car will lower it's volume and so you know whoever you are dialling is going to answer your call because car radio volume automatically lowers.

So when you wait too long the call will be unavailable?  Even when you don't progress in story mode?

The Chicken Man
  • The Chicken Man

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:32 AM Edited by The Chicken Man, 20 May 2014 - 11:33 AM.

Nice find with the car radio! The way I was doing it is after 2 rings if they don't answer you will get a third ring then the answer phone every time, but your way is quicker.

Just finished The Third Way, this is probably known:

Trevor can call Lemar. He will thank him for his help, but as Lemar says, "Nothing says thank you like a gold bar, home!"

• 5.7 likes this

TirkaneX
  • TirkaneX

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:00 AM

Great thread, Update the first post!

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:28 AM

Yeah, the OP should be updated with all the missions and contacts.

Off-topic, but does anyone have a link to a list or similar thread for GTA IV+EFLC? I know you could call Roman after certain missions, but that's all I remember.

Los Ántrax

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:00 PM Edited by Syphiroth, 21 May 2014 - 07:11 PM.

Nice find with the car radio! The way I was doing it is after 2 rings if they don't answer you will get a third ring then the answer phone every time, but your way is quicker.
Just finished The Third Way, this is probably known:
Trevor can call Lemar. He will thank him for his help, but as Lemar says, "Nothing says thank you like a gold bar, home!"
Can also call, Dave. When Michael is finished smashing that car dealer (forgot the characters name) you walk out (or steal Jimmy's car and drive out if you want to keep it for the number plate) and call agent Dave.
He will answer and ask about your family.

Trevor can also call the Chinese gangster (Chang. SR.) at some point when Michael is kidnapped and make fun of the Chang. SR. - this might also be only be a short time AFTER Franklin saves Michael. I can't remember but Chang. SR. IS PISSED off and Trevor gives him some smartass responses as Trevor would, haha.

Can call most people who involved or minor characters in the mission or storyline progress after each mission.
Like, Michael calling Devin up after Molly is killed trying to explain.
Michael calling Solomon up after most of the studio missions and when he (Mike) is hiding in the desert.
When Michael is in the desert if you play as Franklin you will get a call from Amanda asking about Michael.
I'm sure Michael can try call Martin when in the desert or it might be Martin calls Michael and abuses him? Just try call most people after the story mode mission.
Franklin calling Devin when Molly says the cars payments are invested from the cars boosted. I called everyone and some say "call" some just you try on your own terms. Can call people after you hangout and have dropped them off and they answer but will say some rejection line to not hangout again in that same day/night.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users