» «

*Spoiler* if there was no C option which character would you kill?

98 replies to this topic

Poll: Which charcter would you kill? (163 member(s) have cast votes)

If there was no C option.. Who would you kill?

1. Micheal (35 votes [21.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.47%

2. Franklin (55 votes [33.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.74%

3. Trevor (73 votes [44.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote
John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:49 PM

Just because he was in the first trailer doesn't mean he wasn't the 3rd character created.

That's what I was getting at.

That's very weak reasoning or a very weak excuse. It was clear to see that Franklin was there first.

No, you were wrong, just admit it. This is not a battle of the egos or whose the smartest. You seriously need to come off that vibe when discussing. 

Again, present your evidence OG.

• Cuexcomate

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:54 PM

It was clear to see that Franklin was there first.

Dan Houser: "Michael, to me, is... Who is he? I know who he is, I'm just trying to... He's the person who is trying to ignore some rather large mistakes that they have made. The person who's trying to forget about certain practical but still selfish decisions that they took. He's a man, also, obsessed by images and by appearances and who, when the world doesn't live up to those images and appearances, doesn't know what to do. He just retreats into his head. What he also is, when we started out... What he kind of evolved into as we began thinking about him and developing him... He was the first character we came up with. He began as the idea of, what happens to a regular GTA protagonist after they retire? Then you think, what would make him retire? He's a man with a big ego and plenty of good values and plenty of bad values.

• John Smith likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:59 PM

Also the story begins with Michael and Trevor, so how exactly was Trevor just "thrown in" at the end of development? :/

• Cuexcomate likes this

Doland J. Trump
  • Doland J. Trump

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:44 PM

Franklin. No I'm not racist it's just that I prefer playing as two rich old white men. 

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:41 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 16 May 2014 - 03:14 PM.

I'm wrong? How? Did you forget there was 3 years of development time before the first trailer?

Like I said, just because Franklin was in the first trailer, doesn't mean he wasn't the last character created.

The whole story basically revolves around Michael and Trevor and their past relationship, along with their current relationship. Franklin is there as an apprentice who basically just goes along for the ride, who has some conflict with a girlfriend we know nothing about. He's not developed, he's just there.

And yet, you say Trevor was added last? The one character who, along with Michael, make up the majority of the plot?

It doesn't work like that. If Franklin was one of the first characters made, he'd be more than just an afterthought in the story.

He's the weakest character, he disappears after he gets his mansion, and he has little - to - no backstory. How is he not the 3rd character made?

Logic is a wonderful thing.

• fac316

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

Frank, just becaus he has the least amount of story of anyone else, and his switch back actions are ironing, and getting drunk, but not getting any drunker.

• Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:48 PM Edited by Xerukal, 16 May 2014 - 04:49 PM.

As much as I enjoy playing as Franklin (even though I'm heavily indifferent to his character), I'd have to let him go. 

Trevy Trev and Mikey Mike forever.

• CalgaryJay

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:55 PM Edited by CalgaryJay, 16 May 2014 - 05:05 PM.

Trevor. It's not that I hate the guy, but he got Floyd! :( Poor f*cking Floyd.

Haha agreed, I legit felt so bad for that poor S.O.B. Just a dumb, timid guy who means well and somehow carved out not a bad life for himself (good earning job, girlfriend, place on the beach), and Trevor systematically ruins his life for no reason, and then murders him.

As for who I'd pick, its hard to say. In terms of personality, it'd easily be Trevor, dude so had it coming. But the problem with that is he has so much cool stuff (place out in the boonies, landing strip, drug business, etc), which would all be gone once he's dead. Franklin reminds me too much of San Andreas (at least the way I dress/style him) to do that.

Michael seemingly has the least to lose from the players' perspective if you kill him (and it eliminates his annoying family), but personality-wise I liked and felt for him the most, just couldn't bring myself to do it. Let's just say I'm glad there was an option C.

Dr. Robotnik
  • Dr. Robotnik

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:10 AM

I'm kind of split between Franklin and Trevor.

With Franklin, although I don't dislike him, I feel like he becomes the "odd man out" in the gang when the game starts focusing more on Michael and Trevor's relationship, and as such, it would be interesting to see what killing him off would do to the other two.

With Trevor, it's kind of complicated. I would kill him because I don't like him, but I have some problems with how it was done in the game:

1. Trevor's death doesn't feel "karmic". As much as I like Michael, you did get the sense that he reaped what he sowed in Ending B. Not so with Trevor; he just got betrayed a second time.

2. Ending A goes by very quickly and doesn't really resolve the existing plotlines.

So in conclusion, I'd kill Trevor because I don't like him (assumuing it was done a little differently than it was), but I wouldn't mind seeing what would happen if Franklin got killed, because the game began with Michael and Trevor, and it'd be interesting to see what happened if it ended with them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users