Quantcast

» «
Photo

Saints Row: Old vs New

36 replies to this topic

Poll: How do/did you like the Saints Row series? (57 member(s) have cast votes)

How do/did you like the Saints Row series?

1. Old (Saints Row, Saints Row 2) (44 votes [77.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 77.19%

2. New (Saints Row The Third, Saints Row IV) (6 votes [10.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

3. Both, I like the old games but I also like the new direction. (7 votes [12.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:29 AM

I liked the series better when the games were more like GTA, but I found the departure from GTA and the series going in its own direction refreshing, as well.

MadMugen
  • MadMugen

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:41 AM

I agree fully (apart from using the 'GTA Clone' term, I f*cking hate that term with a passion), when I first played Saints Row The Third, I was extremely delusional with that game but after finishing it twice, I realised the truth (IMO), Saints Row 2 is better.

I agree that the map was the worst thing to happen to the game, I don't know how they could f*ck up so bad after the excellent map that Saints Row 2 had, Steelport was smaller with less almost no interiors, no location diversity and no life, Saints Row 2 had the best interiors out of any open world game IMO and it may have not been that graphically impressive but it was still rich with life.

The mechanics were improved and the dive button was excellent, but everything else was dumbed down, what happened to driving into a gas station and getting blown sky high? now nothing happens when driving into a gas station, you could't even spray water from the firetruck.

And the lack of a day/night cycle was just mind-boggling.

The only thing your wrong about is insurance fraud, that was in the game.

Making this thread made me feeling like playing Saints Row 2 again, but as fun as the game is, it is equally depressing thinking about how the great has fallen, after relising the disappointments of The Third, I thought that Volition would have fixed the issues due to fan demand (like GTA was doing at the time, this is before the release of V) but instead we got the same map and superpowers.

I can't believe no reviewers ever called SR4 for having that awful city. Most people agree that the environment is pretty awful for an open world game. Honestly Steelport is the worst environment I've ever played this console generation. I hoping they will either have the environment the same level or better than SR2, if not I hope reviewers call them out on it this time.....

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:34 AM

Old Saints Row was actually really good and a worthy competitor to GTA. Current Saints Row is just garbage though and not even worthy of discussion. Fantasy in games is a good thing unless it gets completely out of hand and confusing like it is in the current SR. 

• Willstig998 likes this

Willstig998
  • Willstig998

The Content Creator & Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:30 AM

I loved Saints Row 2 and liked 3. I would prefer going back to the Saints Row 2 days.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:48 AM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 15 May 2014 - 11:49 AM.

Saints Row 2 was just as good as any GTA game imo. 3 and 4 had their moments, but felt like they were trying too hard. Story and gameplay-wise, they felt vastly inferior to Saints Row 2 .

A.O.D.88
  • A.O.D.88

SP Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:31 PM

Saints Row 2 ALL THE WAY BABY!!!! Easily one of the best games that I ever played.

SR3 and 4 were garbage to me as volition wrecked the series with those two disappointing outings.

Let's hope that Volition goes back to their roots and does a big SR2 remake on PC/PS4. Man just think of the possibilities!

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:51 PM

All I played was the first Saints Row. I like how you had to find a specific car, at a certain part of the map, at a certain time of day. That was different and fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users