Quantcast

» «
Photo

Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Eat Your Heart Out!

500 replies to this topic
fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

fw3 You are one of the few people on this forum that I bother to stop and pay attention to, and those last few posts are the exact reason why.

Thanks for making this thread and for your own continuation of the awesome work shown in the video.  It has literally turned GTA into a different game for me.

wow, Furry Monkey... seriously, thank you! Just made my day! Means a lot for you to say that. Thanks! :)

• Furry_Monkey likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

fw3 You are one of the few people on this forum that I bother to stop and pay attention to, and those last few posts are the exact reason why.

Thanks for making this thread and for your own continuation of the awesome work shown in the video.  It has literally turned GTA into a different game for me.

wow, Furry Monkey... seriously, thank you! Just made my day! Means a lot for you to say that. Thanks! :)

No - thank you.  Now you're not allowed to stop ;)

• fw3 likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

Okay, newest installment. 

Location is down in Little Seoul. Tricky to find, but you'll likely recognize it.

0_0.jpg
1. So, where my bike is now, is the starting point (though I'm facing the wrong way).

0_0.jpg
Once you turn around, you want to face at the plaza. The wall you're going to hit is across the street, pretty much where the guy in the blue shirt is. 

0_0.jpg
3. This is the wall you're going to hit. It's an easy launch but you need to get speed and timing. Oh, and why did I change bikes?

0_0.jpg
4. Because apparently, this is an extremely volatile area. I was attacked three times by players while trying to get these pics.
This last one tried to ram me while I took the last pic, but thanks to my handy RPG, he was easily dealt with.
Of course, despite dispensing my opponents with a certain ease, the cops impounded my bikes more easily. <sigh>

0_0.jpg
5. Anyhow, once you get it, you can land upon the roof. Here I've set the bike on the wall, just below the billboard.

0_0.jpg
6. However, this billboard - if timed right and hit right - acts as a second launch point, midair, that can launch you even farther.

0_0.jpg
7. My bike is in the lower right of this pic, below the billboard. You can see there's some big air over that billboard.
The roof of this building is great because it's got a scalloped-style awning that's easy to hit.
Just to note, there's a ton of places to jump around to from here. So far, it's one the best "skate parks" I've found.
Good, easy jumps and easy recovery spots if you crash. I spent nearly an hour here just bouncing around!

0_0.jpg
8. Another note is when you first start, you'll notice a Jersey barrier that acts as a neat little line-up point.

0_0.jpg
9. And if you're inclined and can make it up there, you can take a nice selfie to remind your friends who the boss is! ;)

Good luck, have fun, and ride safe! Cheers! 

• joe grizzly likes this

Thorn669
  • Thorn669

Ruffian Rider

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:31 PM Edited by Thorn669, 22 June 2014 - 12:09 AM.

Hey guys. Thought I'd share a method for getting up to your spot shown here:
q8rpEXT.jpg
This method is a lot more difficult, but also a lot more epic and rewarding. We'll  be using the building across the street from this spot to the north. You can see it behind my character. So you're going to want to get a lot of speed and hit this wall with a wheelie:rxGvViR.jpg

That will launch you to a short wallride on this wall:VPleYxf.jpg

This wallride will whip you around and fling you toward the building south of it. Pull a backflip for extra air. You'll most likely need a Ruffian for this bump, and a good long run-up. I usually follow the street between the two buildings to the east, until it curves south and goes under an overpass, then turn around and start from there.

Happy stunting and feel free to add me on ps3, or join my stunt crew 44 Bullets!
  • joe grizzly likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:53 PM

Hey guys. Thought I'd share a method for getting up to your spot shown here:

[Truncated]

Happy stunting and feel free to add me on ps3, or join my stunt crew 44 Bullets!

Hey Thorn669, this is fantastic! Thank you for sharing and I can't wait to try this later. I'll be curious to try it with both the Ruffian and the Bati.

In sad news, I sold both my Western Bagger and my Hexer today. I just couldn't deal with bikes that can't wheelie. I kept my Daemon, but even that one... well, I'll keep for now. ;)
Still looking for my Nemesis... some day... some day... Cheers!

0_0.jpg

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:50 PM

Hey guys. Thought I'd share a method for getting up to your spot

[truncated]

This wallride will whip you around and fling you toward the building south of it. Pull a backflip for extra air. You'll most likely need a Ruffian for this bump, and a good long run-up. I usually follow the street between the two buildings to the east, until it curves south and goes under an overpass, then turn around and start from there.

Well, I tried. And I tried. And I tried. And I even tried some more... but despite hitting everything in sight, including pedestrians, oncoming cars, the wall, and the light post, I was unable to accomplish the feat. Kudos to you, Thorn669 for getting it down! And thanks again for sharing.

Still, I found a new way spot in the same area, which is always great. I got some huge air, even though I landed in the tennis courts instead of on the roof! lol!! Nice location and some beefy jumps make makes me happy!

My new location, right now, is the pier... trying to find something to grab onto there, but it's not easy. I keep landing in the ocean. LOL!!! ;)

Thorn669
  • Thorn669

Ruffian Rider

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

The key is speed. During the run-up, I usually try to stay in oncoming lanes so I don't have to turn as sharply and lose speed. When you hit the straightaway you can start lining up. Try to throw in a couple wheelies too, for the speed boosts, and hit the wall just right of the crosswalk sign. Also, if you hit the narrow flat strip of wall instead of the curved surface, you can shoot right up to that building's roof rather than slingshotting across the street.
  • fw3 likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:45 AM

This post isn't about a new location, but rather the fun little things you find when hopping rooftop to rooftop, especially these little buggers:

0_0.jpg

I used to avoid these, because they seemed like obstacles to go around. But, I've since learned that they make great launch points!

If you look at the picture below, the black and yellow building... well, in front of it is how to get up on top (where the pink sign is, across the street).

0_0.jpg

But if you look close, the roof has a bunch of these vents you can jump off of, sending you right over the walls up on the roof.

I was able to jump up and over six buildings in just a few minutes, until I got to this arched roof with a spectacular view, all around!

0_0.jpg

So, anyone reading this thread and trying out these jumps and such, keep your eye out for these little guys! They lead to wondrous new places!

0_0.jpg

Cheers!

• joe grizzly likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:03 AM Edited by fw3, 27 June 2014 - 03:04 AM.

I'm a little obsessed, but I make no apologies. I have to say, i play this game probably like not many others...
I engage in enough tomfoolery, but the majority of my time is spent tooling around looking for new places
to reach and how exactly to get there! I found this one, and while the most observant and clever can reach
it by climbing on ducts, it's not an obvious way to get to the roof of my favorite new sniper spot to view the LSC.

I'll show the pictures in reverse, so you can see:

1. Here's the view you see when you reach the spot. I was sniping people all over the place from here.
One young kid kept screaming, "Stop shooting ME!!!" So, i sent a mugger after him! lol!

0_0.jpg

2. As you back away from the edge, the rooftop looks more like this. Behind the AC unit to the left, 
there's a small wall making it a fantastic place to take cover when they do come looking for you.
I was able to evade two three star wanted levels just hanging out up here.

0_0.jpg

3. Backing up further, this picture takes you to the launch point to get up on the rooftop. Here, beyond this small
wall where you launch from, is where someone can climb up to find you, if they're savvy enough. I stayed here 
a long time, but there's a dozen escape routes if anyone should come too close.

0_0.jpg

4. Backing up further reveals the entire alley. There's actually a "blue circle" in the alley just in front of the launch wall.
This is Hornbill's Club, which is in West Vinewood, on Eclipse Boulevard.

0_0.jpg

5. Turning around and looking across the street, that's where I started from. The driveway next to Side Splitters comedy club.
You just have to watch out for traffic, as it's a very busy road. Coming in at a slight angle works well, too.

0_0.jpg

6. Here's a full view of what it looks like from the starting position:

0_0.jpg

7. So, if you decide to check this spot out, just drive up Eclipse Boulevard and look for this:

0_0.jpg

Hope this is helpful to somebody! I enjoy finding these spots as much as I enjoy posting about them!

Cheers and ride safe! ;)

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 and Furry_Monkey like this

Thorn669
  • Thorn669

Ruffian Rider

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:18 PM Edited by Thorn669, 27 June 2014 - 04:23 PM.

This is another spot I know. Usually when I hit this spot from the alley you show though, my goal is to jump over the building and land on the street below. And, speaking of the street below, I can once again offer a flashier and more difficult method of reaching your spot (nowhere near as difficult as the "slingshot wallride" though). This stunt can be done on a Ruffian, but I have a MUCH higher success rate on the Bati.

What we're going to do is a quick double bump from the southern, downhill side of the building and backflip onto (or sometimes completely over) the roof.

SkzZKtQ.jpg

This is the entrance to the courtyard, the hedge in the middle is what we'll be bumping off of. To get the double bump you'll have to be very precise, as you're aiming for the highest bit of the planter, that small square piece in the center of the pic. Hit anywhere else and you'll crash into the overhang of the wall just past the planter, at best.

The way to do this is to head the the intersection one block south of the building, which is the intersection just north of the LSC, and is in fact the very intersection shown in your first pic. You don't need to go farther, as it's possible to get too much speed for this stunt. From that intersection, simply race up the hill, and try to stay on the center line of the road; it lines you up almost exactly for the double bump. Pull your wheelie after cresting the hill, don't forget to backflip for the extra air, and you'll be landing on the roof in no time. Enjoy!   :)

• fw3 and joe grizzly like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

This is another spot I know. Usually when I hit this spot from the alley you show though, my goal is to jump over the building and land on the street below. And, speaking of the street below, I can once again offer a flashier and more difficult method of reaching your spot (nowhere near as difficult as the "slingshot wallride" though). This stunt can be done on a Ruffian, but I have a MUCH higher success rate on the Bati.

What we're going to do is a quick double bump from the southern, downhill side of the building and backflip onto (or sometimes completely over) the roof.

This is the entrance to the courtyard, the hedge in the middle is what we'll be bumping off of. To get the double bump you'll have to be very precise, as you're aiming for the highest bit of the planter, that small square piece in the center of the pic. Hit anywhere else and you'll crash into the overhang of the wall just past the planter, at best.

The way to do this is to head the the intersection one block south of the building, which is the intersection just north of the LSC, and is in fact the very intersection shown in your first pic. You don't need to go farther, as it's possible to get too much speed for this stunt. From that intersection, simply race up the hill, and try to stay on the center line of the road; it lines you up almost exactly for the double bump. Pull your wheelie after cresting the hill, don't forget to backflip for the extra air, and you'll be landing on the roof in no time. Enjoy!   :)

Awesome stuff, man!!! Thank you!! ;)

juantrapriguez
  • juantrapriguez

Malibu's Most Wanted

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

Just sitting here thinking, OP better not have said Tony Hawks project 8 eat your heart out, because then we'd have an issue lol
  • fw3 likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:50 AM

Yes, and there is a downside to all this "stunt" jumping with the motorcycles.

Sometimes I land in precarious places, often dropping to the ground while my bike stays... well, up THERE! lol!!

0_0.jpg

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:56 AM

I try to stunt, but I end up pummeling the ground with my face more often than not.

So did the guy in the video..... magic of editing.

• fw3 likes this

colagamerXD
  • colagamerXD

Cereal Gangsters [CRGS]

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:32 AM

Is the Vader better in stunting as the Ruffian?
(I didn't read through all posts)

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

It's a matter of opinion, really. I find the Ruffian more challenging because, for me, it's slower to wheelie, at least in my experience.

The Bati does exactly what I want, with the exception of the timing... that's my own problem.

The Vader, however, has been a disappointment for me, as well as the Doubtle-T and the Akuma.
They just can't hit the walls the same way. Results have always been lackluster, if not failure.

Truth be told, I just sold my Vader last night after having it for months and months.
It was a tough sell, but I wanted the Liberator and had to come up with cash.

(my ol' Vader. Fun to tool around in, but not good for my stunting needs)
0_0.jpg

I may have also mentioned, that I have two Bati's. I kept getting it stuck on rooftops or impounded, 
so I bought a second as a backup and now... I use them both every time I play. Seriously. I know, weird. ;)
0_0.jpg
0_0.jpg

Just my 2¢... would love to hear from others on their preferences!! Cheers! ;)

colagamerXD
  • colagamerXD

Cereal Gangsters [CRGS]

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:23 AM Edited by colagamerXD, 04 July 2014 - 06:25 AM.

It's a matter of opinion, really. I find the Ruffian more challenging because, for me, it's slower to wheelie, at least in my experience.

The Bati does exactly what I want, with the exception of the timing... that's my own problem.

The Vader, however, has been a disappointment for me, as well as the Doubtle-T and the Akuma.
They just can't hit the walls the same way. Results have always been lackluster, if not failure.

Truth be told, I just sold my Vader last night after having it for months and months.
It was a tough sell, but I wanted the Liberator and had to come up with cash.

(my ol' Vader. Fun to tool around in, but not good for my stunting needs)
0_0.jpg

I may have also mentioned, that I have two Bati's. I kept getting it stuck on rooftops or impounded, 
so I bought a second as a backup and now... I use them both every time I play. Seriously. I know, weird. ;)
0_0.jpg
0_0.jpg

Just my 2¢... would love to hear from others on their preferences!! Cheers! ;)

Wow thank you for your Answer, I own a Double-T aswell, I agree that it isn't good for stunting, but I just love it :)

I also have a Bati, Ruffian and a Sanchez ;)

One more Question, weren't you useing the Vader in the Video?

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:58 AM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 04 July 2014 - 08:59 AM.

advice you say?

lose the white walls and solid rims

it's not a f*cking hotrod for crying out loud XD

develvis
  • develvis

Destined to Explode

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:06 AM

What's better for stunting?  I use a Ruffian but never tried stunting with the Bati

Thorn669
  • Thorn669

Ruffian Rider

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:53 PM Edited by Thorn669, 04 July 2014 - 05:53 PM.

In answer to the stunting questions:

http://www.gtastunti...p?topic=64614.0

This is a post by a member of Nomad Union. If you're into stunting at all and don't know who Nomad Union are, look them up immediately. 

• fw3 likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:08 AM

advice you say?
lose the white walls and solid rims
it's not a f*cking hotrod for crying out loud XD

Actually, mine is a hot rod. So much for your stinky opinion. NEXT! XD

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

-_-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:38 AM

Just sold my Gauntlet for a Bati. Hopefully I don't face plant too much

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

Just sold my Gauntlet for a Bati. Hopefully I don't face plant too much

Don't worry, you will. There's definitely frustrating moments in this activity, like hitting the wall and falling off the back of the bike. Happens 1/5 times when trying a new spot! 
But when you find those perfect, sweet jumps, like I did today where I hit a bridge wall with such speed that it sent me skyward over the next two bridges, you won't regret a moment of it.

I've been doing this for a while, and though I'm nowhere near the success or ability of Nomad Union, I'm having a ballsass time with it. It IS the game for me, now.

Oh, and kudos to Thorn669 for introducing me to the Nomad Union videos, as well as getting me to rethink the Ruffian, which I've been using lately.
Now, of course, I want two of them!! :)

* You can tell you've been pushing your bike to the limit when it starts smoking like a chimney! LOL!!

0_0.jpg

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:54 PM

I always mash my face into walls or cars. I can never achieve a jump like these on purpose.

I remember watching skateboarding videos when I was younger and thinking how easy they made it look. But then I saw a blooper real and Bam Margera was laughing about how it took him 500 tries on one jump just to get it right, joking about all the blood he got on the ramp. 

I've learned that even in a game like this, it's the same thing. Took me so long to figure it out, but to be honest, it's opened up an entirely new game for me.

XBox Live just released a free demo called Trials Fusion, a dirtbike game with jumps and such. It's basically a physics dummy-side scroller. After giving it an hour, I dumped it off my drive and went back to GTA5 thinking, "man, I can do all that and so much more here!" 

Just saying, is all. Fun is fun, period! ;)

I too owned all the systems. I played far too many of Tony Hawk's games to be proud of myself. Love Trials, even the earlier versions. Used to play "draw bike" or something similar on PC. An old HTML/Flash kinda game, draw an obstacle course with line and try to ride it. Anyway...

More on topic:
I have taken some more time to practice this jumping stuff. I remember in Road Rash 3D I would ramp off of cars and other things by pulling wheelies. I know in TLAD for GTA 4 I was able to ramp too easily since Johnny Klebitz was an MC member he was glued to that seat.

In Online I have been able to ride my choppers up huge 90 degree angles, like at the LSC in mid-town the loading dock near the stairway. My Daemon can drive up that with only minor wheely required. I took someone's advice and went with another of the speedy bikes you can buy online and it is easier to ramp off certain things provided I'm not holding the accelerator too hard when I hit.

I still face-plant often but not nearly as much. I have a much better feel for the physics especially since Rockstar was kind enough to go back to the fun version.
  • fw3 likes this

redpoint
  • redpoint

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

OP, that was unbelievable. Especially the one with the boat, absoloutley ridiculous.

If I come across you with a bounty, just have it lol I'm not gonna even bother..

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:38 AM

OP, that was unbelievable. Especially the one with the boat, absoloutley ridiculous.

If I come across you with a bounty, just have it lol I'm not gonna even bother..

I hope I wasn't unclear in the original post – that is NOT my video. It was, however, the video that inspired me to pursue a life of bike stunts in this game and I'm getting dang-near good at this stuff, now.

Props to the creator of that video, though. It's absolutely changed the game for me, 1000 times over. I look at every single intersection differently and every wall is now an opportunity. 

And yeah... that boat stunt made me pee myself watching. I don't care how many times they practiced it, it's still brilliant. Cheers!! :)

AwesomeJokeGTA
  • AwesomeJokeGTA

GTA Player :D

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:41 AM

Hey fw3 What do you think about using the Dinka Thrust for stunting?
I found it to be pretty effective :)
  • fw3 likes this

CJXJ220
  • CJXJ220

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

I'd pretty much sworn off bikes in this game, but this thread inspired me to get my Ruffian back and have a go at this.

0_0.jpg

Started my run on the next block down, coming up through the medical center across the street behind me.  Landed on an HVAC.

Had another one where I started at the cemetery and headed west, hit the guard rail and did a backflip over the GOH as well as the houses on the other side (where Dr Friedlander is).  Think I over-reached it, though, because even though I got both wheels down the landing killed me when I hit the beach.

• fw3 likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:52 AM

Hey fw3 What do you think about using the Dinka Thrust for stunting?
I found it to be pretty effective :)

I think the Thrust is a gorgeous bike and for me, as a cruising bike, it's ranks up with my Daemon or my Western Bagger... probably more so.

However, I just couldn't get it over the higher walls the way I can with the Bati or the Ruffian. I think on some of the smaller walls or even out in the Blaine area, it's just a blast to bounce around on. 

My opinion would be that if you are enjoying it, then that's ALL that matters! Cheers! ;)

I'd pretty much sworn off bikes in this game, but this thread inspired me to get my Ruffian back and have a go at this.

0_0.jpg

Started my run on the next block down, coming up through the medical center across the street behind me.  Landed on an HVAC.

Had another one where I started at the cemetery and headed west, hit the guard rail and did a backflip over the GOH as well as the houses on the other side (where Dr Friedlander is).  Think I over-reached it, though, because even though I got both wheels down the landing killed me when I hit the beach.

I'm really excited that you found an extended interest in the game, and if this thread provided any motivation, well, that's just awesome! Thanks!

I love that location you're at in the pic. I must try that! My newest favorite spot is right outside LSC, as well. It's coming out of that tunnel behind you (the shopping area) on the top level, hitting the broken guard rail (instead of doing the "official stunt jump," and soaring over the glass building just to the left of you glasses in the pic. It's a thrill to get so much air, but as you pointed out, more often than not... I die upon landing! LOL!!!!

Would love to hear more about what you experience! Cheers! ;)

• CJXJ220 likes this

Cornbat
  • Cornbat

Eat me when I'm fatter

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:33 AM

I'm really excited that you found an extended interest in the game, and if this thread provided any motivation, well, that's just awesome!

It has been inspirational. I just visited Richman Mansion and Richman Hotel.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg
  • fw3 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users