Quantcast

» «
Photo

Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Eat Your Heart Out!

500 replies to this topic
Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:33 AM

awesome :)

Here you go mate.  It turns out he didn't actually make it, but I have seen it hit by plenty people.  It looks like a fun jump that may potentially drive you insane  :D

• fw3 likes this

Da Elite Ninjah
  • Da Elite Ninjah

Ninja

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:43 AM

Thanks for looking it up Monkey :)

but LOL, i have tried this jump myself..... will go for a couple more tries then :)

to bad he uses the gta race boosts... Personally i only want to jump stuff that can happen in freemode. (this one is possible without the boost i'm sure)

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:53 AM

I totally agree about the boosts.  I get why people use them, but if you can't do it in free roam then I'm generally not interested either.  Hazardous is okay though.  He just uses boosts to get the stunts quicker as he pretty much makes a living from Youtube, so he obviously has deadlines.

And yeah, I'm sure you'll make it without the boosts.  There's tons of run-up room that he didn't use.  I look forward to seeing you land it :)

• fw3 and Da Elite Ninjah like this

Da Elite Ninjah
  • Da Elite Ninjah

Ninja

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:01 AM

i've hit it.... landing on it is possible i'm 100% sure.. but damn...

• Furry_Monkey likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:48 AM Edited by fw3, 03 June 2016 - 03:49 AM.

Well, I've been able to land atop the Richman Hotel (courtesy of Furry_Monkey's technique!), and I've come SO close to landing the Gentry Manor rooftop (still trying). 

I'm not even going to bother with the crane. I'll just end up hurting myself (in real life).

So, I went back and revisited some old tricks. This might be something of interest for newer or less experienced players and requires a bit of creativity.

It's something I thoroughly enjoy doing and had a lot of fun the other night.

Using Dumpsters as Launch Ramps pt. 2
Below are a couple of photos setting up dumpsters that you can use to jump to places of interest.
Mind you, typically, you won't get too far up, but you never know! Sometimes, I'm surprised at the results.

Using a car to move the dumpsters around, you just line up to the area you want to reach:
(the logo of this business cracks me up!)
9eYb-7S49UGSLkm1w90fIA_0_0.jpg

I ended up putting a heavier, blue dumpster behind the green one for support. You can see it in the pic (above) behind the bike.
bBjDR8Kc8UeHOTXKDgpD3Q_0_0.jpg

And as you can see, once you make the jump, these dumpsters barely moved. They don't stay long and de-spawn soon after camera range decays.
vtq6pNeU-EqLmwBW1RcCug_0_0.jpg

Here's another location down the road. I was trying to get up there, just for kicks, without luck. So, I grabbed a green dumpster and voila!
A5GD2g5TJkyfh-hhN1KlxQ_0_0.jpg

Again, bracing the dumpster against something solid, like the railing (below) is very helpful in keeping it from moving.
8QFDlE1i90uTFkAumPN_fw_0_0.jpg

I should note, also, in the pic (above) that the street lamp pole that fell over was very quickly replaced by a new one, even though the old one hadn't de-spawned yet.

These can also make great launch ramps! If this one stayed long enough, I would have just tried using that instead of the dumpster. But they disappear fast.
It's great to just knock over a street lamp pole and jump off it, randomly.

Anyhow, just thought I'd share and looking forward to what's coming next week in the new update! A new bike, maybe?? Hmm.... Cheers! :)

• Furry_Monkey and Da Elite Ninjah like this

DominusTaranis
  • DominusTaranis

Frog

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:25 AM

I'm no hardcore stunter, being about perfectly average at everything, but I have had great fun getting on the Life Invader office building via a nearby parking garage and a few adjacent buildings with my Sanchez if anyone is interested, and assuming it's not been brought up a million times. I end up crossing about three lanes of traffic, iirc, for the final jump.
  • fw3, Furry_Monkey and ~TKP~ like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:14 AM

I'm no hardcore stunter, being about perfectly average at everything, but I have had great fun getting on the Life Invader office building via a nearby parking garage and a few adjacent buildings with my Sanchez if anyone is interested, and assuming it's not been brought up a million times. I end up crossing about three lanes of traffic, iirc, for the final jump.

From your description I *think* you mean this...

I do enjoy flying stupidly high and far with my bike upside-down, but I actually prefer a more sedate parkour session.  What platform are you on?

• fw3 and ~TKP~ like this

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:30 AM

A couple weeks ago I stumbled upon this thread and that reminded me of my old hobby rooftopping. Back in Red Dead Redemption days we would jump or glitch our horses onto rooftops, and then in GTA we continued by jumping our bikes onto rooftops.

So I got myself a Ruffian and did a lot of topping of the roofs, then ran out of places so checked out here and Furry Monkey's thread and tried a few places from the vids I saw, nice to try new spots. I can't do the big extended jumps but I used the spots to land on a nearby rooftop instead :lol:

I also tried a couple of these parkours and did Richman Hotel and tried Life Invader too but didn't make the jump the first time so moved on to next spot. Gotta give it a try later on.

Just wanted to say thanks for the tutorials and vids, really helpful for a beginner. :^:

• fw3 and Furry_Monkey like this

DominusTaranis
  • DominusTaranis

Frog

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:25 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=UIiSu7AQMz4

I do enjoy flying stupidly high and far with my bike upside-down, but I actually prefer a more sedate parkour session.  What platform are you on?
PS4. And, from what I could tell, that seems like it. I've only managed it a few times. Seeing folks nail all these crazy stunts has my jaw dropping half the time.

If physics worked, I'd have more impressive stuff, but once you exceed something like a 70 degree angle on a bike, if anything touches the wheel, even slightly, you instantly ragdoll.

Hunter
  • Hunter

Hunter civil rights activist

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:30 PM

My stunting leaves a lot to be desired:

HIm3eb0.gif

What can I say? Everyone has things they excel at. Then there are the things they don't excel at ...

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:14 PM

My stunting leaves a lot to be desired:

HIm3eb0.gif

What can I say? Everyone has things they excel at. Then there are the things they don't excel at ...

Good grief, this looks like about every 97 / 100 stunts I perform! LOL!!

I get so frustrated when I "know" I can make it, but something gets in the way: 
• hit the hedge wrong

• hit the wall wrong
• bike won't wheelie
• NPC walks into my line
• NPC drives into my line
• Cops
• and so on.

• Hunter likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:37 AM

PS4. And, from what I could tell, that seems like it. I've only managed it a few times. Seeing folks nail all these crazy stunts has my jaw dropping half the time.

If physics worked, I'd have more impressive stuff, but once you exceed something like a 70 degree angle on a bike, if anything touches the wheel, even slightly, you instantly ragdoll.

That's a disappointment for me too.  Just imagine being able to do loops in the train tunnels!

Feel free to add me on PSN if you like (same as my name on here). I spend the weekend mixing up killing sprees and stunting with friends and you're welcome to join us.

~TKP~
  • ~TKP~

Wind yer neck in! TKP_1st(PS4)

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:11 PM

not sure where to leave this but was dead proud of finally getting some big air and hitting the top of the shopping mall lol

gMHgDWdhiEqFyInUrnlUCA_0_0.jpg

also have seen pics of someone here b4 but never could work out how they got there. I made it also hehe

-4AoPT49eUS-6RqstNuWSA_0_0.jpg

• fw3 and Furry_Monkey like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:50 PM

not sure where to leave this but was dead proud of finally getting some big air and hitting the top of the shopping mall lol

> snipped <

also have seen pics of someone here b4 but never could work out how they got there. I made it also hehe

> snipped <

those are terrific spots and shots, ~TKP~! Glad you chose to share them!

I thoroughly enjoying when new images crop up of locations I hadn't thought of or been able to reach.
Sounds odd, but it gives me that little bit of hope to try again or go for something bigger, which is silly, right? It's a game.

But whatever it is about this "game," many of us have been at it for nearly three years, now – before that, in GTAIV, you can add another five years!

That's a lot of personal (and wasted?) time put into such an entertainment venue. Cheers, and again, thanks for sharing! :)

• Furry_Monkey and ~TKP~ like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:42 AM

Just following up on the thread for the release of Cunning Stunts DLC tomorrow... anyone else as excited as I am???

Also, Greg8900 posted a  GTA Stunting  thread, with a cool gliding tutorial, for anyone interested! Check it out! Thx, m8! 

Cheers all! :)

• Furry_Monkey and Zader like this

Zader
  • Zader

cocksucker

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:56 AM

anyone else as excited as I am??

There is a f*cking Lancia Stratos in the update. I am beyond excited, amigo.

• fw3 likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:27 AM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 12 July 2016 - 07:29 AM.

Just following up on the thread for the release of Cunning Stunts DLC tomorrow... anyone else as excited as I am???

As a programmer, scientist and mathematician I can definitely say with the utmost knowledge, that without some accurate way of quantifying your level of excitement it would be impossible to know whether I am as excited as you are.

But yes.  Yes I am.  Most definitely!  I'm considering not going to work today.  I actually am going to work today, but I'm considering not doing :p

Typically, I'm going away tomorrow afternoon and won't be back till Monday evening.  This is the first update that I've really wanted since release and it happens now.  At least I'll get chance, tonight, to try out the new motorbikes which are what I'm most looking forward to.

When I get back next week I'll be hitting those insanely fun looking races though.  They look soooo good!

Oh, and fw3, in case you haven't seen this, here's a little something I made recently...

http://gtaforums.com...entry1068922386

• fw3 likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:34 AM

As a programmer, scientist and mathematician I can definitely say with the utmost knowledge, that without some accurate way of quantifying your level of excitement it would be impossible to know whether I am as excited as you are.

But yes.  Yes I am.  Most definitely!  I'm considering not going to work today.  I actually am going to work today, but I'm considering not doing :p

Typically, I'm going away tomorrow afternoon and won't be back till Monday evening.  This is the first update that I've really wanted since release and it happens now.  At least I'll get chance, tonight, to try out the new motorbikes which are what I'm most looking forward to.

When I get back next week I'll be hitting those insanely fun looking races though.  They look soooo good!

Oh, and fw3, in case you haven't seen this, here's a little something I made recently...

http://gtaforums.com...entry1068922386

just checked it out and left a note for you in the thread. :)

as for the Cunning Stunts, it has renewed my love of GTA racing! The new bikes both performed outstanding and I won every race I joined tonight, mainly because everyone was choosing the new Off Road vehicles and I chose the new bike. Sweet! And even the Gargoyle holds its own, which I was skeptical of. It's a nice ride and yes, I kept the chains on the back tire! lol!

The only downside to tonight was that the server kept kicking me off. I played for a bit over an hour, doing about six races. I want to test out the bikes in Free Roam, but alas, I never got there.

Anyhow, good luck on your trip. Cheers! 

Da Elite Ninjah
  • Da Elite Ninjah

Ninja

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:37 AM

I'm loving the BF400 but my buddy told me the gargoyle is an even better stuntbike...

What are your thoughts guys? :D

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:59 PM

I'm loving the BF400 but my buddy told me the gargoyle is an even better stuntbike...

What are your thoughts guys? :D

I've used them all in the Stunt races, and to my surprise, the Akuma is my bike of choice for racing.

For tooling around Free Roam, I prefer the BF400 over the Gargoyle; however, I actually prefer the Cliffhanger to the BF400.

Again, not in an actual race, but just for tooling around. 

• Dream-_-Traveler likes this

ViolatingBox
  • ViolatingBox

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:52 PM

Can't seem to find the bmx thread, ah f*ck it!

uatQyG8.gif

Only bmx can take a red dot and make it peaceful again

gQFh4Hy.gif

Random passive mode + random timing = random gif

nVbgA4j.gif

• fw3 and Dream-_-Traveler like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users