• This topic is locked This topic is locked
142 replies to this topic
Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

Just figured I would tell you guys that Lazy Gamer found out (by hacking) that GTA 5 was originally made on PC, so there is obviously a lot R* hasn't told us.

And if you're wondering if he is legit, check out this Tweet sent about a week ago: https://mobile.twitt...161857750999041

On Tuesday (a few days after he tweeted that) R* announced that the High Life would be May 13
On Wednesday LG said to use enigma translator, and he posted the translation for those who couldn't find a translator. It means "High Life on May 13"
Again, he tweeted the original days before R* announced it, so yeah, he's legit.

Oh come on, this thread has been something else, but I would have thought that by now, there was no one thick enough to believe this rubbish.

Of course the game was developed on PC. What the hell else would it have been developed on? An abacus?

The tweet you linked to, containing that 'code' also translates to junk in enigma.

About as legitimate as Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen being Robert Baratheon's children lol

• robboy18 likes this

lunaticz0r
  • lunaticz0r

Crazy Dutch Drugs

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:26 PM

Please god yes no more lag or freezing. I know stats will transfer over. Also gt6 prologue? Seriously? Can't make gt7 sony? Hopefully it's bulit from the ground up and we get the details that were missing from the ps3 version.

prob not lol.

just buy forza ;D

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

Just figured I would tell you guys that Lazy Gamer found out (by hacking) that GTA 5 was originally made on PC, so there is obviously a lot R* hasn't told us.

All games are initially made on PC.

• 2281 likes this

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

It's the Quenchiest!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:31 PM

Please god yes no more lag or freezing. I know stats will transfer over. Also gt6 prologue? Seriously? Can't make gt7 sony? Hopefully it's bulit from the ground up and we get the details that were missing from the ps3 version.

prob not lol.

just buy forza ;D

If only it was on Playstation..

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:49 PM

All games are initially made on PC.
I know that, but the game's first platform was a full PC version. I know they are all made on a PC.

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:53 PM

How is this a leak or even new? Everyone knew GTA V was being ported to PCs and the next-gen consoles.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:15 PM

Anyone that wouldnt buy a whole new system and the game over again the minute it was released is just not a hardcore gta fan. I'm actually disappointed in most of you.

You spend how many minutes of your day discussing this game not even playing it, and you wouldn't buy an upgraded version to replay?

Um ok.

I'm not spending $500+ just to play a game I already beat and got bored of.
Why the f*ck are you here then? Go post on the titanfal forums or something. "I'm bored of this game but I still talk about it every day"

To help out other members who aren't bored with it.

SirPhilMcKraken
  • SirPhilMcKraken

QOTD PS3 Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:43 PM

As much as I'd love it to be true that the PC version was the first to be developed, its definitely not as its:

1) Not been announced 7 months after its release on consoles

2) They always release on console before PC as that's where the majority of the money is.

I can't wait for the PC version. Not sure if I'll play it online or just mod it, depends what the rest of the crew are doing. If they are playing on PS3 still, then I'll most likely still play on that or swap between the two.

LahTigre
  • LahTigre

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:03 PM

How is this a leak or even new? Everyone knew GTA V was being ported to PCs and the next-gen consoles.

PCs perhaps, but it is unprecedented that a console GTA has been ported to the next generation of consoles, IIRC. The BIG three from the PS2 never saw a re-release on the PS3 or Xbox 360. That's not to say it won't happen, thus far nothing solid has come forth suggesting that is in the works.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

So it's coming to PC and not Next-Gen? Yeah no.

SouthWestPayDay
  • SouthWestPayDay

Tha SouthWest Soldier...BIG money folder...Motorolla holder

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

I am looking forward to a whole new GTA Online on the PS4, but wouldn't buy a whole system to play a game that I enjoy just fine on PS3....plus, PS3 is free to get online with....PS4 is not.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:23 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 09 May 2014 - 02:33 PM.

I'll probably get a PS4 when both GTA and The Last Of Us are re-released, and by that time I think there will be a fair amount of next-gen/PS4 exclusives to warrant the purchase. I'll never get rid of my PS3 though, and really don't understand why people do or would. My biggest gaming-related regret is taking my original NES and dozens of games to Funcoland (now Gamestop) as kid and hawking them off for a fraction of their cost when we got an SNES because I didn't see any reason to keep them. When you (or your parents) paid as much as you did for something you may as well keep it, even if it's going to collect dust for a while.   

Serdzy
  • Serdzy

Snitch

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:53 PM

I can see it being on the next-gen consoles, what I don't see is everything being suggested in this thread.
I think, if anything, it'll be the exact same way it is now only without: freezing, faster load-in/out times from missions, better draw distance, to name a few. I do think the PS4/Xbox One are powerful machines, but if anything, they'd stabilize the game, not add (seriously 24 players?) things to it.

If the island was expanded what would be wrong with 24 players on PS4/X1?

I really think you're misjudging the power of these so called next-gen consoles. It's a nice thought and I have nothing against being in sessions with more players, but being realistic, I don't think the new systems could handle it. If they do, then I'm all for it.

If they can run 32 players on large maps of Conquest on BF4 with all the vehicles, planes and crazy sh*t going on, it isn't insane to believe the same could be done for GTA.

The difference you are missing is, that for GTAO you need to sync countless number of NPCs between all clients. On BF4 you only need to sync those players between each other. That's why GTAO is so resource hungry.

• LahTigre likes this

skunkcore
  • skunkcore

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:11 PM

<snip>

<snip>

I really think you're misjudging the power of these so called next-gen consoles. It's a nice thought and I have nothing against being in sessions with more players, but being realistic, I don't think the new systems could handle it. If they do, then I'm all for it.

If they can run 32 players on large maps of Conquest on BF4 with all the vehicles, planes and crazy sh*t going on, it isn't insane to believe the same could be done for GTA.

I just (very) briefly skimmed over three threads on that, and found that quite a few people experienced lag in these servers. Also, the general tone of those threads didn't seem so positive. (I don't know if it's gotten better since those threads were from last year)

<snip>

Oh come on, this thread has been something else, but I would have thought that by now, there was no one thick enough to believe this rubbish.

Of course the game was developed on PC. What the hell else would it have been developed on? An abacus?

The tweet you linked to, containing that 'code' also translates to junk in enigma.

About as legitimate as Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen being Robert Baratheon's children lol

I guess this is what happens when a (somewhat) new thread comes up, might be everyone is tired of "appreciation/bored of GTA/Why do people____" threads. I could be wrong and this thread is just like all the other ones, though.

xeth004
  • xeth004

IR ninja

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:02 PM

Sony making an announcement on Rockstar's behalf? Since when has Rockstar let anyone announce their information for them?

Like it never happened before. The Agent announcement at E3 2009 by Mr. Tretton on Rockstar's behalf?

See, it's not a miracle.

robboy18
  • robboy18

Snitch

• Members
  • Aland

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:01 PM

I think that GTA5 will be released on the PC at some point, I doubt it will be on next gen consoles.

The game has been out for 8 months, and they still haven't gotten around to putting out heists, or any paid for story DLC.  You really think they are abandoning that in favour of developing for the two new systems that hardly anyone has?  Then even if they are, you would have to get people who have both consoles, but didn't have GTA5 on the X360 or PS3, or those dumb enough to buy two copies, or those who just bought a next gen system.

The next gen GTA5 won't be coming unless its on the PC, and I can't believe I'm even writing this because so many people on here are too stupid to do the simple maths and work this stuff out.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:13 PM

I think that GTA5 will be released on the PC at some point, I doubt it will be on next gen consoles.

The game has been out for 8 months, and they still haven't gotten around to putting out heists, or any paid for story DLC.  You really think they are abandoning that in favour of developing for the two new systems that hardly anyone has?  Then even if they are, you would have to get people who have both consoles, but didn't have GTA5 on the X360 or PS3, or those dumb enough to buy two copies, or those who just bought a next gen system.

The next gen GTA5 won't be coming unless its on the PC, and I can't believe I'm even writing this because so many people on here are too stupid to do the simple maths and work this stuff out.

It will probably be on PC/PS4/XB1 on the same day, all marketed together.

Ravey Davey
  • Ravey Davey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:49 PM

PCs perhaps, but it is unprecedented that a console GTA has been ported to the next generation of consoles, IIRC. The BIG three from the PS2 never saw a re-release on the PS3 or Xbox 360. That's not to say it won't happen, thus far nothing solid has come forth suggesting that is in the works.

The 'big 3' are definitely on ps3, along with the 'stories' spin offs. And San Andreas is available on Xbox 360, not sure about the rest.

PoopyThomas
  • PoopyThomas

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:59 PM Edited by PoopyThomas, 09 May 2014 - 11:02 PM.

Only gonna get ps4/xone when gta 6 is announced. Same like I did for gta v with last gen.

So you didn't get a ps3/xbox360 till gtaV was announced? So you got a ps3/xbox360 on or after 10/25/2011? You missed out on a lot of great games at release....such as GTA4.
I didn't buy a PS3 until December, only for GTA V. I didn't miss out on other games because I played them on PC :D

Also, for the dude up there, the PS4 has 8 GB of RAM, about 30x more than a PS3's 256 mbs of RAM, pretty sure a LOT more things can be done on PS4 than PS3

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:49 PM

The 'big 3' are definitely on ps3, along with the 'stories' spin offs. And San Andreas is available on Xbox 360, not sure about the rest.

3 and VC aren't on the Marketplace, but you can buy the double pack that came out on the Xbox and play them on the 360.

alex3
  • alex3

\m/ o_o \m/

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:11 AM

Well,  the leak was true :^:

• sebcreed likes this

bensons
  • bensons

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:37 AM

that showed them haters

RaceKingX
  • RaceKingX

Here he comes... and there he goes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

Interdasting. It always amazes me how people can be so skeptical sometimes. But hey, if not, we wouldn't have the glorious ability to say "told you so".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users