• This topic is locked This topic is locked
142 replies to this topic
skunkcore
  • skunkcore

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:11 AM

I can see it being on the next-gen consoles, what I don't see is everything being suggested in this thread.

I think, if anything, it'll be the exact same way it is now only without: freezing, faster load-in/out times from missions, better draw distance, to name a few. I do think the PS4/Xbox One are powerful machines, but if anything, they'd stabilize the game, not add (seriously 24 players?) things to it.

Alarming
  • Alarming

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:51 AM Edited by Alarming, 09 May 2014 - 02:54 AM.

PS4/XBONE version happens before PC, ouch

That was to be expected really. I'd hoped for the two to coincide, but the fact of the matter is that we PC gamers don't have as powerfully concentrated of a lobbying force as MS or Sony in terms of being able to purchase exclusivity rights for something like GTAV.

I'm happy to wait. It's worked every time so far, enjoying it on my sh*tty 360 for now.
The day it's released it on pc it will be pirated within the same day or next so why would release it on PC to lose a ton of money and time invested.

TosBuster
  • TosBuster

Player Hater

• Members
  • Abkhazia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:18 AM

I don't think this is real

Xyn
  • Xyn

クロテンライジン

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:20 AM

The day it's released it on pc it will be pirated within the same day or next so why would release it on PC to lose a ton of money and time invested.

The 360 & PS3 version were pirated 2 weeks before launch.

1st indicator people don't know what they're talking about; they think piracy is a PC-only problem.

2nd indicator, they say it's not as big as on PC...China, México, Brazil, Philippines & many more would like a word.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:25 AM

If it came out on PS4 with a 1080 version I would literally sh!t in a box daily and send it to R*.

waters
  • waters

Prankster

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:35 AM Edited by waters, 09 May 2014 - 03:36 AM.

I hope so if it means that the game will be improved. If it's just the same with better graphics I'm not interested.

Further draw distance. And it will run 100 times faster.
And this is still the best game ever made. Why would you not buy a better version of it. Shake my damn head at that.
Best game ever made? lol good one, I'll just assume you're a casual
I've played 90% of all games made since pong. Since before most of your parents were born. I'm not even joking. We are talking 15,000 games easily and GTA v is right up there.

Based on what? Story, creativity, gameplay? Decent game but not even close to the best
So what is the best game then? seeing as you know

CoolGam3r
  • CoolGam3r

Jive Turkey

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:49 AM

I can see it being on the next-gen consoles, what I don't see is everything being suggested in this thread.
I think, if anything, it'll be the exact same way it is now only without: freezing, faster load-in/out times from missions, better draw distance, to name a few. I do think the PS4/Xbox One are powerful machines, but if anything, they'd stabilize the game, not add (seriously 24 players?) things to it.

If the island was expanded what would be wrong with 24 players on PS4/X1?

Alarming
  • Alarming

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:03 AM

The 360 & PS3 version were pirated 2 weeks before launch.

1st indicator people don't know what they're talking about; they think piracy is a PC-only problem.

2nd indicator, they say it's not as big as on PC...China, México, Brazil, Philippines & many more would like a word.

1st indicator is that the amount of people with modded ps3 and xbox compared to the ease of piracy on computer would be 1 mod ps3/xbox to 20 PC piracy.

Xyn
  • Xyn

クロテンライジン

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:09 AM

1st indicator is that the amount of people with modded ps3 and xbox compared to the ease of piracy on computer would be 1 mod ps3/xbox to 20 PC piracy.

Again, China, México, the Philippines, brazil & many others would like a word. Many local markets sell cloned copies that work on legit systems for $1-$10 dollars.

Modding your console is as easy and today it's all over the internet...and should you not feel you have the basic motor skills to do so, any local cyber café will do it for you for dirt cheap.

In fact, it's harder to crack the secuROM on GTA IV for PC than playing it with a cloned 360 disc that doesn't require modding your console.

Nice made up stats btw.
Piracy is everywhere and it's not exclusive to any one media platform.

robboy18
  • robboy18

Snitch

• Members
  • Aland

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:30 AM

They were always gonna at least port it over, made no sense not to.

How far did you fall from that stupid tree?

There is absolutely no substance in what you say.

skunkcore
  • skunkcore

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:58 AM

I really think you're misjudging the power of these so called next-gen consoles. It's a nice thought and I have nothing against being in sessions with more players, but being realistic, I don't think the new systems could handle it. If they do, then I'm all for it.

TheBhoys2011
  • TheBhoys2011

Deathmatch + Capture Creator AKA UniqueAsh

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:19 AM

ill take anything if it provides 32 player sessions :)

I know stats will transfer over.

...oh, they will, huh? Just that easily? Because you say so?

You can transfer progress on FIFA 14 so I don't see why not with GTAO

I can't wait for it to be out on next gen. I hope they release a GTAO only disc because I'm not interested in single player anymore.

This is interesting, ive always wanted to know if you could transfer stats because it really shouldn't be an issue anyway and if you can do it with Fifa 14 why not GTA5 online? hopefully it wont be a problem :)

nspekta
  • nspekta

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:25 AM

With better games coming out on ps4 I don't think I'd bother with it. Watch dogs, the witcher and a new assassins creed will have my attention.

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:47 AM

Of course I'll grab it. If GTA:O is going to continue to exist beyond GTA V then at some point it has to make the generation jump. Perhaps it won't happen until VI, time will tell. At the very least it would give me something to do with my One. All it does now is collect dust as there is nothing I really want to play on it and Hulu, Netflix and YouTube work just as well on the 360.

supershocked
  • supershocked

King

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

16 players isn't enough for the map, I look at the map and see the whole island empty only few tots even if 16 players spread out on the map ther would be space, if it came out on ps4 it would be nice if they allowed 32 players

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:04 AM

Only gonna get ps4/xone when gta 6 is announced. Same like I did for gta v with last gen.

with how wonderful gta5 is on ps3/360, even with all its little online flaws, can you even fathom how amazing gta6 will look on next gen?

kanudo
  • kanudo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:33 AM

i dont need leaks to point out the obvious. If it makes money, it always get's a re-release, remake, reboot, rewhatever. Haven't you kids been paying attention to Hollywood ? 

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:37 AM

i dont need leaks to point out the obvious. If it makes money, it always get's a re-release, remake, reboot, rewhatever. Haven't you kids been paying attention to Hollywood ? 

word.

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

INSERT{CODE}

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:42 AM

E3 is close. We'll wait, we'll see.

EDIT: IMO they don't have to upgrade graphics, game looks good to me. Just make convert to PS4 architecture.

What the game really needs is anti-aliasing, along with a stable 60FPS running on 1080p.

I'd buy it, I'd buy it so hard

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:48 AM

I wait patiently for the eventual news that a PS4 version of this game and online is coming.

That is my reason enough to buy the new console plus a copy of GTA V even happier if I had to start
online from scratch again.

^^^^

Shut up Rockstar and take my money!

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:08 AM Edited by AdmiralAmmunation, 09 May 2014 - 11:09 AM.

Just figured I would tell you guys that Lazy Gamer found out (by hacking) that GTA 5 was originally made on PC, so there is obviously a lot R* hasn't told us.

And if you're wondering if he is legit, check out this Tweet sent about a week ago: https://mobile.twitt...161857750999041

On Tuesday (a few days after he tweeted that) R* announced that the High Life would be May 13
On Wednesday LG said to use enigma translator, and he posted the translation for those who couldn't find a translator. It means "High Life on May 13"
Again, he tweeted the original days before R* announced it, so yeah, he's legit.

GTAmazing
  • GTAmazing

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:08 AM

I like how everyone is assuming that this is true
  • LahTigre likes this

xzxxsicko
  • xzxxsicko

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

SOmeone shuld make a meme of this

Buys a next gen console

Plays last gen games

U f*ckING IDIOTS !!!! " oh but graphics and its 60 fps plus moore graphics" NOOOO GOD NOOOOO !!!!

NEW IP . NEW GAMES . A f*ckING PC RELEASE !!!

f*ckING INDUSTRY IS STUFFING THE BIGEST DICK IN YOUR ASS , AND YOUR ENJOYING IT !!!! idiots .

Aljohnk
  • Aljohnk

*Intensifies*

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:20 AM

Then most people are gonna play next-gen version which causes ghost town to xbox360/ps3, and also people wouldn't buy a f*cking new console because they are either can't afford a money or don't want to pay another console for good players count online and graphics. I doubt it. :p

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:33 AM

It'd probably convince me to get a PS4, just because the only thing I'm playing on my PS3 anymore is Ground Zeroes and GTA V.

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

INSERT{CODE}

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

SOmeone shuld make a meme of this

Buys a next gen console

Plays last gen games

U f*ckING IDIOTS !!!! " oh but graphics and its 60 fps plus moore graphics" NOOOO GOD NOOOOO !!!!

NEW IP . NEW GAMES . A f*ckING PC RELEASE !!!

f*ckING INDUSTRY IS STUFFING THE BIGEST DICK IN YOUR ASS , AND YOUR ENJOYING IT !!!! idiots .

Sigh. No one is mentioning a graphical upgrade for the next-gen version, AA and 60FPS should be mandatory on next-gen.

Serdzy
  • Serdzy

Snitch

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:11 PM Edited by Serdzy, 09 May 2014 - 12:12 PM.

i read somewhere that PC would be easier to make, next gen consoles require recoding and that could take 1-2 years

Next gen consoles use sam structure as PC. And it's easier to make game for two hardware configurations than unlimited.

If it gets native 1080p and (at least) 32 players in the same lobby, I'm migrating.

lew3112
  • lew3112

QOTD PS3

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

I'd only consider getting it for PS4 if lobbies had a higher player count and my online progress carries over. Didn't really enjoy single player so I'd need the online portion to be better to justify a purchase.

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

I really think you're misjudging the power of these so called next-gen consoles. It's a nice thought and I have nothing against being in sessions with more players, but being realistic, I don't think the new systems could handle it. If they do, then I'm all for it.

If they can run 32 players on large maps of Conquest on BF4 with all the vehicles, planes and crazy sh*t going on, it isn't insane to believe the same could be done for GTA.

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:19 PM

As much as I love playing GTA V/Online I think they sacrificed game mechanics for graphics quality which is a real shame.

What do I mean by that? The biggest problems I have with the game are:

1) Vanishing vehicles - it drives me f*cking nuts, it's especially bad in the storymode, you see a vehicle you want to steal but if you don't keep looking at it then there's a high chance it'll disappear when you look in that direction again. In storymode if you go too far away from the car you bought it fricken disappears! GTA Online is almost as bad, the game has severe dimentia.

2) Vehicle spawns - all too often 80% of the NPC cars you can see are of one single type, you go looking for a specific type and you can spend literally half an hour or more just looking for that one damn vehicle, but the spawn code is a pile of sh*t as it doesn't know the word "variety".

Hopefully the next gen models won't have those problems with GTAV, but I'm not holding my breath.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users