Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you look forward to Non-contact races?

155 replies to this topic
Goodsport92
  • Goodsport92

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:27 PM

This will be the best feature that ever was added in this game!
  • Above Omnipotence likes this

MaxinatorML
  • MaxinatorML

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:29 PM

i definitly will race more often when non-contact option is out...great that the 12 yr olds can't spin you out anymore.

Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

Yo, Mr White!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

I don't think I'll do many of these actually. I was thinking about it the other day whilst playing with friends, and whilst getting knocked out of the race can be frustrating as hell sometimes, it's also hilarious. It's part of why races are so fun to do. Without the whole ramming element, I wouldn't laugh at races and I doubt I'd get the urge to keep playing them.

Long Haul 2 has been a 'ramming' race for me and my friends for a while now, because it's so long that you have a chance to catch up even after being rammed which makes it fun and interesting.

SCS_Skreamies
  • SCS_Skreamies

Fiji

• Members
  • Fiji

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:53 PM

Coming from Hot Lapping/ Drift on Forza Motorsport/Grand Turismo I'm kind of looking forward to this. I used to do tonnes of racing when GTA Online was first released but then stopped because of how many ret**ds there were just blatantly crashing into you/taking you off the road because they were not in 1st place.

So now I guess this no collisions option is going to make it like a track day event. 

Cmdr_Shepherd
  • Cmdr_Shepherd

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:32 PM

I don't mind contact in races (within reason - occasional scrapes make for dramatic tension. People spinning you out can go die in a fire...), but this should make for a cool alternative.

If nothing else, it'll turn races into a test of pure driving skill (choice of car notwithstanding!).

JakeHorgrove
  • JakeHorgrove

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:07 AM

There is nobody who hates dirty racing more than me but even with that said I can't see myself ever using the non-contact option. As somebody had said a while ago, the ghost racing option seems to be more like running time trials than a real race. I join random races a lot and I would say that the majority of players there are dirty. Every time I start a race I am at least expecting to be taken out since it is so prevalent. It is extremely frustrating but if I happen to come across dirty racers I simply just leave and find another race.

However, I also run in two great professional racing crews who only accept clean racers, and that is where I spend most of my time. Flying down a stretch of road bumper to bumper in a pack of good, clean racers is both tense and exciting. That is real life. For me it comes down to purism and unintentional contact is part and parcel of that.

Wuts your crew? U on ps3? I've been looking for an elite racing crew to join. New garage space has me excited :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users