Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you look forward to Non-contact races?

155 replies to this topic
Goodsport92
  • Goodsport92

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

Well, do you?
I sure look forward to see my winrate become even higher!
Do you think you will win more, or less when it's
enabled?

CheaterMcCheat
  • CheaterMcCheat

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:19 AM

Not really. Seems quite lame to me, how can it be called racing if they remove the possibilities of making mistakes and crashing?
  • Miss Malevolent, Kahkenbols, Strikeslip and 3 others like this

BOOMRED1
  • BOOMRED1

S PREDATORS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:23 AM

Non contact races? Sooooo you mean time trials...
  • Lunantic, Strikeslip, RisingAlone and 1 other like this

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

PAYLOAD Ringleader

• Members
  • United-States

Not really. Seems quite lame to me, how can it be called racing if they remove the possibilities of making mistakes and crashing?

The idea is that people will keep traffic on to accommodate that unpredictability. Of course, a majority probably won't, but that's the general way to go about it.

GeneralClay
  • GeneralClay

U.B.C.S. Zeta Team Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Ill just leave this here.

"No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... he *rubbed* you. And rubbin, son, is racin'."

ghostrider135
  • ghostrider135

Agent 47

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

I might actually start racing again, I mean I know I'm fast but it really ruins your fun when people ram you just to stop you winning, I for one cant wait for some fair racing finally so I can even out my wins and losses.

• saintsrow, WillWorthington3, darkwar854 and 4 others like this

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

Yes with randoms. No with crew.

• Nitty Don, WillWorthington3, GTA Master 007 and 5 others like this

CheaterMcCheat
  • CheaterMcCheat

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

The idea is that people will keep traffic on to accommodate that unpredictability. Of course, a majority probably won't, but that's the general way to go about it.

I hope so. Otherwise what's the point? You will no longer be able to hold the optimum racing line because every player will be able to use it by ghosting inside of you. Idk if they don't do it right, it could take away a lot of tactics used in racing, not just ramming.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:34 AM

I hope so. Otherwise what's the point? You will no longer be able to hold the optimum racing line because every player will be able to use it by ghosting inside of you. Idk if they don't do it right, it could take away a lot of tactics used in racing, not just ramming.

You can still take the optimum line, just wont be able to block faster players! 

and you will still crash if you make a mistake, all obstacles are still in play

• saintsrow likes this

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

Solution to this would be instant disqualification from the race for trying to ram other players off the road.

RDT33
  • RDT33

That Guy from that Thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:38 AM

It will be used from time to time, I'll leave it at that.  Almost never against crew members.  Perhaps on a track like 'Thrills in the Hills' where passing is limited to approximately two corners I'll put it on.  But it will really just be a spur of the moment decision.

lew3112
  • lew3112

QOTD PS3

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:41 AM

It's a welcome addition for sure, being rammed off the road on the last corner of a track get's old pretty fast.

Not something I'll use for every race, but nice every so often. People forget that you still need to drive the track and avoid traffic, its just to stop asshat 12 year olds in chradders and chrentities from annoying people in every single race.

• SilkySkillz85 and Thr33X like this

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

Yes. Not having to worry about lag collisions is very welcome.

• saintsrow likes this

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

Nah it'd be boring as f*ck. I'm sticking to regular races.

Belch
  • Belch

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

It's the only way I will race, unless it's with friends.

SHFU
  • SHFU

shrek is lov shrek is lief ͡ ͜ʖ ͡

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

Definetly looking forward to that. And not that I really care about my W/L ratio but I will probably start winning more races against randoms.

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

I would like to know how slipstream would work with Ghost races ?

• LuapYllier likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

You still crash it's only the other racers you cant crash into. There still are plenty of ways to make mistakes on most courses.

Yes I am looking forward to non contact as it will allow the good racers more chance to win rather than them being spun out at the beggining of the race only then to finish 5th or 4th etc.

redpoint
  • redpoint

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:50 AM

In a game about crime, where you are encouraged to do whatever it takes to profit and leave no prisoners, I think its a pathetic move, but all the squeakers were crying so R* had to pander to them... 

I'm gonna be honest, I've definitley lost more races than I've won when ramming has been a vital game-changer in the race, but its fun, sh*tting yourself when that prick in the Adder races up behind you, with your finger ready to break at any second to avoid being spun out, and then the prick spinning off the cliff cos he failed the attempt

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:52 AM

Yeah like racing via quick match is a show of skill over who doesn't get smashed and pitted 20 times. 

onoudint
  • onoudint

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:52 AM

Rubbin' and PITing are two entirely different things. One of my favorite things in this game is getting into a race with other clean racers. We avoid contact for the most part anyway, so I see no difference avoiding contact with a ghost car or solid; my style isn't going to change.

I'm looking forward to getting into racing again because of this.

Sh4d0wX32111
  • Sh4d0wX32111

Strawhat

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

No. Myself, I like to Thrust my Coquette into your BeeJay XL
  • Lc gta, saintsrow and Goodsport92 like this

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

It's just an option to be toggled on or off. You try it, then decide what you prefer.

CJPNE
  • CJPNE

Trick

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

I wouldn't mind playing them. I'd like to know whether non-contact are going to have their own section on the pause menu/phone or just be part of the options with slipstreaming and traffic.

Gran Feft Orto
  • Gran Feft Orto

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

I enjoy racing most of the time - when I am not being rammed off the road. But I tend to come 2nd/3rd a lot of the time - mainly due to my conservatism when near other racers. I'm interested to see if I start winning more with collisions off.

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

I wouldn't mind playing them. I'd like to know whether non-contact are going to have their own section on the pause menu/phone or just be part of the options with slipstreaming and traffic.

Most likely the latter

• ReconzVenture likes this

Goodsport92
  • Goodsport92

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

I have thought about the whole "people stealing your perfect lines" when ghosting is on, but that won't be a problem since people will still suck at having the perfect speed around the corners.

And it's a bit like a time trial, but you are still racing against others and can see them fighting to drive faster than you. To me, it will still feel like a race.

No. Myself, I like to Thrust my Coquette into your BeeJay XL

Yeah, we all want our Coquettes to receive an XL BeeJay
  • Sh4d0wX32111 likes this

killedbyachick
  • killedbyachick

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:10 PM

I can't wait. Anyone who says don't want it are most likely the people who keep pitting people, right now whenever I go into a race it's like I've been put in bad sports. Will start racing with randoms again when the feature arrives.

supershocked
  • supershocked

King

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:14 PM Edited by supershocked, 08 May 2014 - 12:15 PM.

I didn't get the race part but now I do is it like a option on racewhere players cant ram each other, if you try ramming into another player you go through their car,

wait doesn't this mean that the adder will always win since the only way to beat it is if it crashes or you have a fast car like the enitity. in long hual 2 yday I vs a adder and I had turismo only way I won was by barging him and him crashing.

JobAnonymous
  • JobAnonymous

MP3 Crew Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:18 PM

I will finally be able to use my Turismo that has been collecting dust this whole time!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users