Quantcast

» «
Photo

Not voting after races = stuck at voting screen?

6 replies to this topic
GaiaStorlunge
  • GaiaStorlunge

Legally blind gamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:21 AM

I havent been racing in a while, and was wondering if the regular racers have experienced being stuck at the voting screen when not voting after races?

I was playing Long Haul just now, and due to the fact that I suck at racing (127 wins/456 losses), I once again was falling severly behind the pack. Realizing that I would DNF no matter what, I chose to prioritize smoking a "cigarette" over finishing the race. When I got back, I was still stuck at the voting screen and couldnt exit in any other way then signing out of Xbox Live.

My console did not freeze, i could view the gamer cads of the other racers, bookmark the race etc; but there was no option neither to quit nor continue.

Anyone else experience this?

Goodsport92
  • Goodsport92

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:13 AM

Happens to me sometimes too, that the timer won't count down or appear.

And also, you're not able to finish a straight-line race like long haul?

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:14 AM

Yup it's happened to me before, think it might be to do with the host losing connection.

GaiaStorlunge
  • GaiaStorlunge

Legally blind gamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

It's not that I never finish races when I am behind 1st place, but yes; I sometimes  crash so many times that there is no chance of me finishing the race within 30 seconds after the first place finisher. It was quite a challenge to win enough races to unlock all the car upgrades, I can tell you:-)

There is, in my defense, a reason why my opponents in the 127 races i DID win should be very ashamed of their performance:

I am legally blind due to retinitis pigmentosa which amongst other things has caused my field of vision to be only 5 degrees (tunnelvision; usually about 180 degrees with normal vision). I only see small parts of the screen at a time. I've learned how to read the minimap in freeroam, DMs, missions etc well enough to contribute to my team and also support a +1 K/D-ratio. (Of course in auto aim, I would get slaughtered in free aim) However, in racing I find that there are too many things to keep track of for my vision to keep up the pace, and suddenly I find myself crashing in cars I did not see.

• senormidget and Nitty Don like this

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:19 AM

It's not that I never finish races when I am behind 1st place, but yes; I sometimes  crash so many times that there is no chance of me finishing the race within 30 seconds after the first place finisher. It was quite a challenge to win enough races to unlock all the car upgrades, I can tell you:-)

There is, in my defense, a reason why my opponents in the 127 races i DID win should be very ashamed of their performance:

I am legally blind due to retinitis pigmentosa which amongst other things has caused my field of vision to be only 5 degrees (tunnelvision; usually about 180 degrees with normal vision). I only see small parts of the screen at a time. I've learned how to read the minimap in freeroam, DMs, missions etc well enough to contribute to my team and also support a +1 K/D-ratio. (Of course in auto aim, I would get slaughtered in free aim) However, in racing I find that there are too many things to keep track of for my vision to keep up the pace, and suddenly I find myself crashing in cars I did not see.

Sorry to hear about that dude but huge respect to you for still doing what you love and maintaining a postive K/D!

• GaiaStorlunge likes this

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

The freezes are related to spectators, very often they get glitched and the lobby will not move until they leave.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:00 PM

At least you didn't find a huge muscle car race only to disconnect as soon as the race started

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users