» «
Photo

Since the high life update will be out on May 13th, any tips to grind

194 replies to this topic
GTAmazing
  • GTAmazing

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:56 AM Edited by GTAmazing, 08 May 2014 - 10:56 AM.

How does one grind Rooftop Rumble? I'm new to the whole grinding thing... as far as I know you cannot replay it. Doing the job then leaving and waiting to join another one sounds like it takes ages. Why not just do Coveted x16 playlist?

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:57 AM Edited by Kracus, 08 May 2014 - 11:00 AM.

Everyone is saying rooftop rumble but realistically if you go mow some lawns you'll earn enough to buy a shark card...

In fact it'll probably take you less hours to mow a lawn and buy a 100$ shark card than it would to earn the same amount of in game cash grinding rooftop rumble. 5 lawns at 20$ a pop, each lawn takes an hour, that's 5 hours which equals 8 million. Grinding rooftop rumble will get you something like 18k and takes roughly 4 minutes to complete. The numbers are 270000 every hour, thus in 5 hours you'll earn 1.5 million. Definitely the lawn option.

• Strikeslip likes this

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

How does one grind Rooftop Rumble? I'm new to the whole grinding thing... as far as I know you cannot replay it. Doing the job then leaving and waiting to join another one sounds like it takes ages. Why not just do Coveted x16 playlist?

Because if you go to an invite only session and then do RR, it'll take about 10 secs to spawn then you can restart.

And the mission takes about half as long and pays slightly more

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:01 AM

Everyone is saying rooftop rumble but realistically if you go mow some lawns you'll earn enough to buy a shark card...

In fact it'll probably take you less hours to mow a lawn and buy a 100$ shark card than it would to earn the same amount of in game cash grinding rooftop rumble. 5 lawns at 20$ a pop, each lawn takes an hour, that's 5 hours which equals 8 million. Grinding rooftop rumble will get you something like 18k and takes roughly 4 minutes to complete. The numbers are 270000 every hour, thus in 5 hours you'll earn 1.5 million. Definitely the lawn option.

no thanks I rather buy useful things with my real money

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:04 AM Edited by Kracus, 08 May 2014 - 11:05 AM.

I don't think you value your time enough. If it takes 5 hours to get 1.5 milliion it'll take 25 hours to earn enough cash to match that cash card. Playing rooftop rumble will earn you exactly 0 real world dollars, while if you put in 10 hours you could get 100$ in your pocket, 8 million in GTA$ and you'd still have an extra 15 hours to do whatever you want with your life.

edit: So really, by working for the cash card you're actually making more real money than you would doing otherwise.

• Strikeslip likes this

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:05 AM

I don't think you value your time enough. If it takes 5 hours to get 1.5 milliion it'll take 25 hours to earn enough cash to match that cash card. Playing rooftop rumble will earn you exactly 0 real world dollars, while if you put in 10 hours you could get 100$ in your pocket, 8 million in GTA$ and you'd still have an extra 15 hours to do whatever you want with your life.
i value my time well thanks

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

Not if you're gonna spend 25 hours grinding in GTA.

• Strikeslip likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

STILL DON'T GIVE A FUKK.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:08 AM

Coveted 16X is the best...but anything beats cheating.

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

who said I was?

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

NOT a little passive-aggressive bitch

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

So what's everyone reckoning the total cost is going to come in at??

I'm figuring around $5M will just cover everything if you buy two properties at $500K each, all the new cars/bikes - say $1.5M, upgrade 10 additional cars another $1.5M, then all the new clothes and weapons (x2) $500K..

Better get grinding peasants.. ;)

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

who said I was?

Not you specifically but the OP indicated he wants to grind until the expansion pack comes out. That's a lot more than 25 hours away.

• Strikeslip likes this

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:21 AM

Confirmed by Rockstar: http://socialclub.ro...xt-Week-Tuesday

Was just wondering if you guys have any tips to grind for a long amount of time.

Play a variety of mission, don't buy anything unless you have to, don't waste cash in free-roam or if you're really struggling, buy a cash card.  Or (now here's a wild thought) you don't have to buy everything as soon as it is released.  This new stuff isn't going to disappear anytime soon so you got loads of time to make enough to buy whatever your heart desires.

Given your rank, you'll have all the high paying missions unlocked.

So what's everyone reckoning the total cost is going to come in at??

I'm figuring around $5M will just cover everything if you buy two properties at $500K each, all the new cars/bikes - say $1.5M, upgrade 10 additional cars another $1.5M, then all the new clothes and weapons (x2) $500K..

Better get grinding peasants.. ;)

Your $2 million in pocket change won't last long peasent. :lol:

• The7thOne likes this

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

NOT a little passive-aggressive bitch

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:21 AM Edited by Doktor Gott, 08 May 2014 - 11:24 AM.

tbh, I don't think the grinding for cash is going to be half as frustrating as the hunt for two garage's worth of cars... specially for the more elusive things...  :facedesk:

Sh4d0wX32111
  • Sh4d0wX32111

Strawhat

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:23 AM

I was driving when my Turismo hit a pebble and flew onto a railing, I grinded several yards

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:27 AM

lol I'm actually going to have to buy a turismo now.

PJ-147
  • PJ-147

qotd

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:30 AM

Never seen the lawn mowing job what rank unlocks it?

• Strikeslip, Shotty Pop and rickreim like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Help, I'm steppin' into the Twilight Zone!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:32 AM

lol, I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but lawn mower isn't a mission.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:32 AM

Around 13 years old.

• Strikeslip likes this

GrandTheftBatman
  • GrandTheftBatman

Connect 4 Champion 2012

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:33 AM

Rooftop Rumble just pistolwhip all the enemies instead of shooting. People will suggest other grinds but there's nothing faster.

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

Rooftop Rumble just pistolwhip all the enemies instead of shooting. People will suggest other grinds but there's nothing faster.

I've tried the "pistol whip" method, but it's useless if they drop their weapon and it fires a bullet. Boom, you're dead.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:40 AM Edited by CenMan, 08 May 2014 - 11:41 AM.

I'm very, very bored of Rooftop Rumble, but I'll be playing this as well to make enough to buy a second apartment and all the clothes and weapons. I've played every other mission as well so they're not exactly top notch entertainment for me either. Not to mention how slow everything else is compared to RR. There's nothing in the game that even comes close to how fast you can make money off RR, except Coveted but they're pretty much one and the same.

I'm pretty sure shooting them all from the hedge on the right with the auto shotgun within 3-4 seconds is faster than pistol whipping every one of them.

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:41 AM

I'm very, very bored of Rooftop Rumble, but I'll be playing this as well to make enough to buy a second apartment and all the clothes and weapons. I've played every other mission as well so they're not exactly top notch entertainment for me either. Not to mention how slow everything else is compared to RR. There's nothing in the game that even comes close to how fast you can make money off RR, except Coveted but they're pretty much one and the same.

I know right? RR is boring. If there was another mission that payed the same/higher, I wouldn't touch RR for a while.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:42 AM

Sure, grind the game to earn money so you can immediately buy everything and get back to bitching on how there's nothing to do in this game or strive for.

Exactly

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

I know right? RR is boring. If there was another mission that payed the same/higher, I wouldn't touch RR for a while.

There are a few that pay the same but they take a bit longer.  Chopper Tail pays out just over $17,000 on hard .  The Lester missions where you have to steal something from Merryweather pay pretty well and are more fun that Rooftop Rumble (which is in no way fun).

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

I understand your point, at the end of the day grinding GTA is much more fun than mowing stranger's lawns.

OT: I tend to grind Coveted and RR just to mix it up a little bit so I dont get bored with either.

PJ-147
  • PJ-147

qotd

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

lol, I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but lawn mower isn't a mission.

I know, just being an idiot i guess ;)

Around 13 years old.

I was just kidding, grumpy old man :)

Pat-The-Bunny
  • Pat-The-Bunny

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:49 AM

I've done the timing, and I've done the math. A 16x Coveted playlist is the fastest way to make money while solo.

If you have 3 or more people, Mixed Up With Coke is the fastest after that. But only if everyone is in a private session, and the designated Host is quick starting the mission (preferably have the mission bookmarked and can quickly access it from the Map).

If you'd like help with Coveted, let me know. I can teach you how to complete a 16x playlist in under an hour. At $288,000 an hour, with little ammo expenditure, it ain't too shabby.

Any chance you could give me some tips on the playlist thing ?

Thanks

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:51 AM

There are a few that pay the same but they take a bit longer.  Chopper Tail pays out just over $17,000 on hard .  The Lester missions where you have to steal something from Merryweather pay pretty well and are more fun that Rooftop Rumble (which is in no way fun).

True but after a couple of times those become just as boring as Rooftop Rumble.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

STILL DON'T GIVE A FUKK.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

You players find everything but cheating boring.

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

You players find everything but cheating boring.

Except me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users