194 replies to this topic
The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Advocate for GTA Online Map Additions

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

Confirmed by Rockstar: http://socialclub.ro...xt-Week-Tuesday

Was just wondering if you guys have any tips to grind for a long amount of time.

Shadow_Titan17
  • Shadow_Titan17

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:15 AM

Rooftop Rumble.
  • WillWorthington3, Themonsterhunter, GrandTheftBatman and 7 others like this

Diiesel
  • Diiesel

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:16 AM

Rooftop Rumble.

/thread

• WillWorthington3, Themonsterhunter, Jeff Nesteruk and 2 others like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

Vɨʈɨaʈɇ

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:19 AM

Sure, grind the game to earn money so you can immediately buy everything and get back to bitching on how there's nothing to do in this game or strive for.

• LordVukodlak, Mr. Rocko, Judas0ne and 21 others like this

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

Sniping your mom....

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:19 AM

Rooftop Rumble.

/thread

Definitely.

I'm right in the middle of a serious grind.. getting 4 levels a day currently, works out at half a million in cash..

It's positively engaging compared to grinding the same amount of coveted and takes half the time if that...

gorskiegangsta
  • gorskiegangsta

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:20 AM

Rooftop Rumble + some music/podcast/chat

Nowadays you don't even have to be lv75, just join random jobs, 90% of them should be RR.

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:23 AM

Rooftop Rumble + some music/podcast/chat

Nowadays you don't even have to be lv75, just join random jobs, 90% of them should be RR.

Music? I'll be sure to try that out.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:27 AM

If your playing solo or with friends / crew mix it up between RR and some of the Coveted playlists, I like the x6 for $100k+ in about 20 mins.

Dont play RR with randoms it takes too long and there's a good chance you'll get trolled. 

• FilthyEsquire likes this

Metalquill
  • Metalquill

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:27 AM

coveted is also good, just more ammo and time but can accessed at rank 36 

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

Sniping your mom....

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:29 AM

Dont play RR with randoms it takes too long and there's a good chance you'll get trolled. 

This.

Only play it solo or with friends/crew that know exactly what they're doing...

The amount of people I've seen charging in and shooting the guards at the door first, alerting the others, I've lost count of..

nb: most of them tend to die when they do that anyway... during the 2x weekend, I'd often sit back and let the others charge in and die then be sat with 12 kills or so at the end, despite being at least 50+ levels lower... :/

• WillWorthington3, BamaGoodfella and Timoshenko77 like this

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

Rooftop Rumble drill:
1. Play
2. Vote
3. Select freeroam
4. Wait for the next invite
5. Repeat

Bullsh*t, that rarely happens...it's most likely going to happen when a player is doing nothing or someone is being a dick...

...like the time I had the case and was being driven and one guy kept whining on the mic about the driver not being fast enough and that he would have had it done already...so I called a Merryweather helicopter and took it out to the furthest point in the ocean and sank it...he had to take a boat out to get it and take it to Martin's house
  • teh_g, Franceska and Insert-Coin-To-Continue like this

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:42 AM

More Ammo? WTF?  Coveted takes 7 sniper bullets and a shotgun shell,  

I easily fire off more than 10 shots from the hedge in RR, not to mention the Grangers take some auto fire

Aquaticwonder
  • Aquaticwonder

iggy iggs

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:42 AM

Back in the days I actually grinded RR (the dark ages)  I usually put an episode of a series I was currently watching on Netflix/Hulu on and just did half grinding/half watching the show. It actually makes earning money bearable. 

• GrandTheftBatman likes this

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

Sniping your mom....

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:44 AM

Rooftop Rumble drill:
1. Play
2. Vote
3. Select freeroam
4. Wait for the next invite
5. Repeat

Bullsh*t, that rarely happens...it's most likely going to happen when a player is doing nothing or someone is being a dick...

...like the time I had the case and was being driven and one guy kept whining on the mic about the driver not being fast enough and that he would have had it done already...so I called a Merryweather helicopter and took it out to the furthest point in the ocean and sank it...he had to take a boat out to get it and take it to Martin's house

Play it in a invite only session.. lo and behold you go in and out of freemode in seconds..

I easily fire off more than 10 shots from the hedge in RR, not to mention the Grangers take some auto fire

Pffft grangers?  If you do it right they don't even have time to arrive!

Ammo count for RR is obv higher, couple of launched 'nades, bit of advanced rifle ammo, few shotgun shells, one .50 pistol bullet for helicopter pilot..   can do all the killing in a minute if you get it right...

Original Sin
  • Original Sin

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:49 AM

I've done the timing, and I've done the math. A 16x Coveted playlist is the fastest way to make money while solo.

If you have 3 or more people, Mixed Up With Coke is the fastest after that. But only if everyone is in a private session, and the designated Host is quick starting the mission (preferably have the mission bookmarked and can quickly access it from the Map).

If you'd like help with Coveted, let me know. I can teach you how to complete a 16x playlist in under an hour. At $288,000 an hour, with little ammo expenditure, it ain't too shabby.

• Strikeslip likes this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

GTAF's Best Scrub 2014

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:52 AM

1. Choose a money glitch to do

2. Spend only a fraction of the time doing said glitch for the same amount of money

3. Be happy you're no longer forced to do things in your game that you don't want to in order to experience the fun content

4. Go do fun real-life stuff until next tuesday
  • 2281, meatrocket8, Chuck Finley and 8 others like this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

LSPD wannabe

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:54 AM Edited by gtafan26, 08 May 2014 - 08:54 AM.

I dont even bother with taking out the NPC's on the other side from where the Cargobob lands,  I take out everyone on that side, get in the bob, grab the container and I am out of there,  yes, you take on a lot of gunfire, but if you dont screw around trying to pick up the container, you can get out of there without the cargobob going down

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:00 AM Edited by jcph3, 08 May 2014 - 09:01 AM.

I've done the timing, and I've done the math. A 16x Coveted playlist is the fastest way to make money while solo.

If you have 3 or more people, Mixed Up With Coke is the fastest after that. But only if everyone is in a private session, and the designated Host is quick starting the mission (preferably have the mission bookmarked and can quickly access it from the Map).

If you'd like help with Coveted, let me know. I can teach you how to complete a 16x playlist in under an hour. At $288,000 an hour, with little ammo expenditure, it ain't too shabby.

Mixed up with Coke with a Buzzard can be done solo faster than Coveted and generate more cash per hour, I've done it over 20 times in an hour for $300K+. The RP on MUWC isnt bad either

I dont even bother with taking out the NPC's on the other side from where the Cargobob lands,  I take out everyone on that side, get in the bob, grab the container and I am out of there,  yes, you take on a lot of gunfire, but if you dont screw around trying to pick up the container, you can get out of there without the cargobob going down

Agreed, guy on hill by Granger and 6 guys at bottom, shotgun Bob pilot. all you need to shoot. That's why a 2nd player is no faster in Coveted

You have to do it right though or 2 guys by the container will also chase you up the hill.

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:04 AM

Really? $288,000 an hour? Dayuuum. PM me.

• FunnyOnex likes this

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

Sniping your mom....

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:05 AM

stupid quesiton - but how the heck do I go about bookmarking missions (ps3)????

Wanting to bookmark RR, buyt can't seem to..

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

2. Spend only a fraction of the time doing said glitch for the same amount of money

3. Be happy you're no longer forced to do things in your game that you don't want to in order to experience the fun content

Money glitch? I've passed on every single one. Except the billion dollar one, but that was given to me...

I might sound like the most boring person on the planet, but I avoid money glitches. There's just something about doing it legit.

• hugh750, ugotsmoked and Action Jackson 420 like this

PJ-147
  • PJ-147

Rat

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:07 AM Edited by PJ-147, 08 May 2014 - 09:10 AM.

For me playing solo Mixed Up With Coke with a Buzzard is even faster then RR most of the time.

edit:

Finishing the mission i mean, not talking about grinding for hours in a row and the profit you gain from that, since it's more with RR probably.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

GTAF's Best Scrub 2014

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

Money glitch? I've passed on every single one. Except the billion dollar one, but that was given to me...
I might sound like the most boring person on the planet, but I avoid money glitches. There's just something about doing it legit.

Alright, well if your sense of accomplishment is what gets you through those hours of missions, more power to you. Just have fun.
  • PrestoWater and The7thOne like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

stupid quesiton - but how the heck do I go about bookmarking missions (ps3)????

Wanting to bookmark RR, buyt can't seem to..

I tried using a link previously (X360) but it looks like it was patched. Oh, and as for bookmarking missions, just press either L1 or L2 (sorry, I don't have much experience for PS3, so the left or right bumpers or vice-versa)

TheProphet78
  • TheProphet78

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:26 AM

Becoming a billionaire helps

Original Sin
  • Original Sin

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

Mixed up with Coke with a Buzzard can be done solo faster than Coveted and generate more cash per hour, I've done it over 20 times in an hour for $300K+. The RP on MUWC isnt bad either

Do you have video proof of this? You'd have to load in the mission, call for the Buzzard, drive there, destroy all 4 trucks, go back to the lobby, and restart the mission, all in less than 3 minutes.

I just don't see it being possible. But if you can prove me wrong, by all means.

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

Well I will put it to you like this. The best way to earn some fast cash for the time being is to do Rooftop Rumble for about 3 or 4 hours, than you will have 1 million at that point if your disc or game does not freeze. 

supershocked
  • supershocked

King

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:37 AM

Sure, grind the game to earn money so you can immediately buy everything and get back to bitching on how there's nothing to do in this game or strive for.

true to that, I will b*tch when I fell like b*tching

AgentExeider
  • AgentExeider

Secret Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:45 AM

The fact that it is that simple should tell you that, the things being peddled as content are just baubles, and that a real contribution is the introduction of new game mechanics, ie heists, mission creator, and the multitudes of other suggestions on these forums.

I really did wish R* did lurk these forums they would get many good ideas.
  • ParanoiaX likes this

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

Do you have video proof of this? You'd have to load in the mission, call for the Buzzard, drive there, destroy all 4 trucks, go back to the lobby, and restart the mission, all in less than 3 minutes.

I just don't see it being possible. But if you can prove me wrong, by all means.

Or you could try it yourself, the buzzard is 2 blocks away.. when you get the hang of targeting you'll only fire 4 missiles. Start from invite only will speed up load times

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users