• gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

^ Couldn't agree more

that made sense? 

~reads through it~ holy crap it did.

my brain turned off halfway through from being so sleepy ( adjusting sleep habits for working overnight shift) and i just babbled.

yay for making words! ~arm flail~

Well, I wouldn't count on me right now either. I barely slept last night, and now am at work. :D

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:50 AM

^ Couldn't agree more

that made sense? 

~reads through it~ holy crap it did.

my brain turned off halfway through from being so sleepy ( adjusting sleep habits for working overnight shift) and i just babbled.

yay for making words! ~arm flail~

Well, I wouldn't count on me right now either. I barely slept last night, and now am at work. :D

it makes sense tho right?

you are beating some trash talking squeaker into the pavement for spouting racial slurs or classic cod insults. and they turn on passive mode and you just keep hammering them...or at the very least following them on foot waiting or them to either turn it off or get into a car.

in ghost mode, they could get away and feel like they won. i wouldnt want this.

hell, i dont even want them in the game in the first place! this isnt a t rated game. as far as i am concerned, they arent welcome in any lobby i play in so yes. i cook the children until they quit.

it would be no fun if they could get away.

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

you are beating some trash talking squeaker into the pavement for spouting racial slurs or classic cod insults. and they turn on passive mode and you just keep hammering them...or at the very least following them on foot waiting or them to either turn it off or get into a car.

hell, i dont even want them in the game in the first place! this isnt a t rated game. as far as i am concerned, they arent welcome in any lobby i play in so yes. i cook the children until they quit.

Well, I wouldn't be too hard on the squeakers. I was playing M rated games when I was a kid. It's all about parenting.

And as for passive mode, no need to fix what ain't broken. It's balanced just right as it is. When I get into a scrap with someone who's in a tank it's always fun trying to think of a way to outsmart them. Being a ghost would just take the fun out of it.

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:31 AM Edited by Mr Walker, 09 May 2014 - 11:32 AM.

Its called PASSIVE mode, not GOD mode.  I highly suggest you look up what passive actually means, you'd be surprised that it means exactly what passive mode is like.

Passive mode = you can't use guns, can't drive cars, can't walk on sidewalks.  So, you basically have to be standing on top of a building to play the game in passive mode.  That's not how it should be.  Passive mode was created so you can avoid the griefing dickheads, but it doesn't do anything when you can get run over.

^^^^

In b4 some dickhead whines "but it's GTA".

Sometimes I just want you to piss off, leave me be,  and for you to go back to having sex with your sister.

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

Vance Crime Family Co:CEO

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:32 AM

It's fun going up against a tank in passive mode :-) Especially if the tank guy wants to kill you badly. Then you can run and hide and go to places where the tank may get stuck or just run around in circles around the tank and if you die, he pays :D

• gizmonomono likes this

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:39 AM

It's fun going up against a tank in passive mode :-) Especially if the tank guy wants to kill you badly. Then you can run and hide and go to places where the tank may get stuck or just run around in circles around the tank and if you die, he pays :D

Exactly. No harm done to you. And if you're not up for it just call Lester, go off radar and walk away. Passive mode not so much about skill, but strategy. Maybe that's why a lot of people think it's broken.

• D3ViOU5 likes this

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

Yeah the need to fix passive mode. At the moment it's almost completely useless.

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:01 AM

Well, I wouldn't be too hard on the squeakers. I was playing M rated games when I was a kid. It's all about parenting.

And as for passive mode, no need to fix what ain't broken. It's balanced just right as it is. When I get into a scrap with someone who's in a tank it's always fun trying to think of a way to outsmart them. Being a ghost would just take the fun out of it.

playing an m rated game offline is fine. at least then others dont have to deal with the immaturaty.

online however. ill be damned if a squeaker thinks he can get away with anything just because its the internet.

so i hunt them when they get stupid.

Raylion
  • Raylion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:14 PM Edited by Raylion, 10 May 2014 - 12:16 PM.

However its achieved, be it a new improved passive mode or friendly lobbies, there needs to be a non pvp option in game that people can use in public lobbies.

I would love to play in a cooperative lobby rather than the shoot everything in sight lobbies we have to put up with.

• blk95ta and darkwar854 like this

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:21 PM

However its achieved, be it a new improved passive mode or friendly lobbies, there needs to be a non pvp option in game that people can use in public lobbies.

I would love to play in a cooperative lobby rather than the shoot everything in sight lobbies we have to put up with.

this. i would be ok with.

take your car to lsc in a non pvp lobby, where in NO way can another player damage you.

when you are done. take it home, change lobbies. unleash hell.

i like. :>

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:46 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 10 May 2014 - 12:46 PM.

passive mode shouldn't exist

retarded game mechanic trying to replace friendly fire on/off

why reinvent the wheel

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

http://gtaforums.com...g-passive-mode/

http://gtaforums.com...ode-is-useless/

http://gtaforums.com...9-passive-mode/

http://gtaforums.com...ode-invincible/

http://gtaforums.com...sive-mode-work/

http://gtaforums.com...t-is-the-point/

And that's just the tip... pick your poison.

Ontopic: passive mode would be exploited if it made you invincible, it's fine as it is; as a way to avoid gunfire and get to safety/higher ground.

How would it be exploited?  If you can't interact with other players, then it's perfect.

i think they mean turning it on, running off for cover without worrying about getting womped by a car, which isnt an issue now, kick a dude around after respawning from destroying him and his tank, passive mode, you can run him over and continue the bedlam.

ghost mode? he can casually walk away without worrying about being hit. get another tank or even get above the tanks ability to look up and turn off ghost mode, essentially cheating.

the balance right now is, they get into a car to try to escape or just run off on an even plain with a car, trying to exploit passive mode to escape someone youve pissed off, only to get killed as you try to take advantage of the situation.

But the other player can go in passive mode as well and not get affected by the tank dickhead...  If you don't want to use passive mode, you deserve to be cheated on by dickheads.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:45 PM Edited by hugh750, 10 May 2014 - 07:46 PM.

you should have the option of not getting murdered everytime your in free roam on a public server!

and i do agree that passive mode is very broken!!

if players want to kill each other, why not do it in a dm??

It's a different game concept than your average MMORPG, or COD. It works best this way, and it's a goddamn sandbox game. You put restrictions in there and then people are gonna complain about that.

passive mode is also there for a reason but it's broken.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:46 PM

The only thing that bugs me about passive mode is the ability of other players to shoot and kill me while I'm driving a vehicle.  They can shoot at my character all they want while I'm on foot and it doesn't cause any damage.  Why should being in a vehicle be any different?

Because then you would be invincible, run over everyone, and no one could shoot you out of your car.
*Flies away
your wasting your breath...these people dont understand anything. They bitch and moan about being forced into a kill or be killed environment as if they had never played a gta game before or been warned what to expect before entering that world and telling them how to deal with it only results in more tears. They don't want violence forced on them in a violent video game....get the irony...its laughable...they have the tools but refuse to use them and instead want everyone to play hop scotch and jump rope online while they clap from the sidelines.
  • gizmonomono and D3ViOU5 like this

JON22
  • JON22

I am the king of crap. Look at my stats and bow to my crapness

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:01 PM

If you are in Passive Mode in a vehicle and you run someone over, you pay for their hospital bill anyway, so I agree with not being able to target passive drivers.

/Tuomaz
  • /Tuomaz

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:03 PM

Remember friendly fire off in IV? Something like that would be nice.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:06 PM

If you are in Passive Mode in a vehicle and you run someone over, you pay for their hospital bill anyway, so I agree with not being able to target passive drivers.

so passive players want to be the only people able to kill...I get it now. So what I ran him over and killed him...he can't get revenge....here's 500 to cover that oversight. Laughable.

Remember friendly fire off in IV? Something like that would be nice.

yeah....you could still be crushed by heli blades.....so it is the same.

Bestin_theWorld
  • Bestin_theWorld

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:42 PM

sh*t even if they fix it there will still be bitches in tanks who will run you over and stay on top till you get tired and eventually leave smh..

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:31 PM

sh*t even if they fix it there will still be bitches in tanks who will run you over and stay on top till you get tired and eventually leave smh..

No, cause they won't be able to interact with you because you would be a "ghost".  My idea totally removes griefing.

LPPrince
  • LPPrince

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:58 PM

I firmly believe Passive Mode should be more robust. Basically, you can't kill them, they can't kill you, no matter what. The way it is now, players like myself who DON'T want to kill everyone they see get boned by those that do, forcing us into Invite Only lobbies to sim it up.

I actually don't mind Invite Only lobbies, but I'd like the ability to play the game with other players without worrying about griefing, which is far too rampant already.

I think the best course of action for this would be to have a form of "Friendly" lobby, or "Cooperative" lobby, where no player can kill another player in free roam regardless of the circumstance, but can still engage in missions like races, deathmatches, NPC-given assignments, etc etc

The potential for griefing would still exist even there, so I assume there would have to be something in place like phasing through people and vehicles so that someone can't bump your car off the road, run you over, etc etc.

I'd dig that. The maniacs can keep their lobbies without worrying about passive mode players, people who don't want to kill other players or get killed by other players can still have fun, and everybody wins.

/I'mdigginmyInviteOnlysessionstho

Q_Man
  • Q_Man

Master of SHAQ-FU

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:00 AM

Leave it just how it is. Bad enough I can't hose your bitch ass to death anymore lol.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:09 AM

Yeah, pretty much.

• TreFacTor and gizmonomono like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users