• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic
ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:26 PM

Mkay. Ghost mode. What happens when you disable ghost mode? You can kill people again? Passive mode is exploited as much as it is. The only time passive mode should be available is when you get killed over and over in a short period of time aka deathstreak and/or within a block's radius from a tank. Boom solved.

• CrysisAverted likes this

skunkcore
  • skunkcore

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:29 PM

Sounds to me like you're looking for a fight while in passive. You keep typing things about being run over or not being able to get away from tanks, what are you trying to accomplish with passive mode, exactly?

When I go into passive mode, that's exactly what I do, I keep from everyone else, do my shopping and whatnot away from where everyone ellse is. If i happen to be around an are populated by other people, I leave that area, if I find that they're actively trying to get me I switch session.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:31 PM

Sounds to me like you're looking for a fight while in passive. You keep typing things about being run over or not being able to get away from tanks, what are you trying to accomplish with passive mode, exactly?

When I go into passive mode, that's exactly what I do, I keep from everyone else, do my shopping and whatnot away from where everyone ellse is. If i happen to be around an are populated by other people, I leave that area, if I find that they're actively trying to get me I switch session.

I try to run away, but I get run over every single time.  At least R* should make killing passive players like 5k each time.  We want to discourage griefing, so the only way to do that is to change the game.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:34 PM

Set a 1k bounty and run while they getting they ass hunted down like a hooker who hasn't paid her pimp yet.

D3ViOU5
  • D3ViOU5

Trick

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:36 PM

You don't understand that it's useless when someone is in a tank.

That's pretty much the only thing I use it for, are you seriously having so much trouble getting away from tanks? Only once have I ever been pinned down by a tank, I used the quick job teleport "feature" to get away <-- See, always a solution.

but I get run over every single time.  At least R* should make killing passive players like 5k each time.  We want to discourage griefing, so the only way to do that is to change the game.

Admit it, you're trying to drag out the driver and have the tank all to yourself aren't you.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

Mkay. Ghost mode. What happens when you disable ghost mode? 

Just as now, you should be unable to shoot but vulnerable during a longuish countdown. Also passive working inside cars too would actually protect against passive mode exploiters.

I used to get inside cars and shoot inmediately when a c*nt came in with a fire truck trying to kill me. That trick allowed passive players to shoot straight away without countdown. 

skunkcore
  • skunkcore

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:47 PM

I try to run away, but I get run over every single time.  At least R* should make killing passive players like 5k each time.  We want to discourage griefing, so the only way to do that is to change the game.

I can see that it's 'your way or the highway;' passive will remain the same, it wont get changed (hopefully). You're failing at using passive to grief other people and now you want it changed to benefit you.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:43 PM

I can see that it's 'your way or the highway;' passive will remain the same, it wont get changed (hopefully). You're failing at using passive to grief other people and now you want it changed to benefit you.

I NEVER grief people.  And how exactly would it benefit me?  I just want it so there is an alternative to be able to play the game without assholes chasing you 24/7.  People like to play the game different.

That's pretty much the only thing I use it for, are you seriously having so much trouble getting away from tanks? Only once have I ever been pinned down by a tank, I used the quick job teleport "feature" to get away <-- See, always a solution.

but I get run over every single time.  At least R* should make killing passive players like 5k each time.  We want to discourage griefing, so the only way to do that is to change the game.

Admit it, you're trying to drag out the driver and have the tank all to yourself aren't you.

No, I don't try to drag the driver out.  I try to run back to my safehouse.  I can't get in a car, because they can blow me up.  The only thing I can do is try to run through alleyways which the tank usually speeds off to corner me at the other end.  Now if we could spawn back at our apartment when we die, that would work.

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:52 AM Edited by bikerman3, 09 May 2014 - 03:06 AM.

agree...

at first i didnt care about passive mode because back then we had the teleport glitch which was very handy...

now that we dont have that glitch, passive mode is simply useless when you get pinned in a area by some tankers.

leaving you with no choice but to switch session.

then how do i seen people teleport

and yes they should fix it make it like god mode but you can't use guns  i also want to jump off high things with out dying 

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:30 AM

agree...

at first i didnt care about passive mode because back then we had the teleport glitch which was very handy...

now that we dont have that glitch, passive mode is simply useless when you get pinned in a area by some tankers.

leaving you with no choice but to switch session.

then how do i seen people teleport

and yes they should fix it make it like god mode but you can't use guns  i also want to jump off high things with out dying 

Cuz they join a quickjoin game, then leave.  Before they would join a mission of their choice, then leave.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:33 AM

I wish there was no passive mode at all. Then I wouldn't have to listen to O/P make absurd threads and replies. Just my 2cents.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:46 AM Edited by BondageKitty, 09 May 2014 - 03:51 AM.

They did fix it, damn firetruck is useless now

That was unintentional and expect it fixed on 1.13

Keep Passive how it is but recieve bad sport points for killing a passive player and have to pay the full 500$ for their medical bill. At the moment it feels random what you pay for killing a passive. Passive player gets bad sport if they kill a player while in passive as well.
  • darkwar854 likes this

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:43 AM

if its meant to be invincible don't you think rockstar would have made it that way ? they didn't, so no passive mode is not meant to be  invincible

It's also not meant to punish the one who puts it on.

Maybe to you then. I have turned the tides on so many tank battles with the passive mode. It's a powerful tool to use, if you know how to use it. You obviously don't. No offense.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:53 AM

I do play deathmatch, I'm saying that it doesn't matter what I want, other players are going to try to kill you in free roam, that's just the way it is. 

Nope. What you were saying is that people that wants to avoid that stuff must move to invite only.

And what I´m saying is that people who looks for that stuff must move to PvP modes.

That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that the game is played a certain way. People are assholes, if you want to play a game where everyone hugs and pisses rainbows then go play something else you pussy.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:06 AM

you should have the option of not getting murdered everytime your in free roam on a public server!

and i do agree that passive mode is very broken!!

if players want to kill each other, why not do it in a dm??

• darkwar854 likes this

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:11 AM

you should have the option of not getting murdered everytime your in free roam on a public server!

and i do agree that passive mode is very broken!!

if players want to kill each other, why not do it in a dm??

It's a different game concept than your average MMORPG, or COD. It works best this way, and it's a goddamn sandbox game. You put restrictions in there and then people are gonna complain about that.

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:19 AM Edited by Carlover325, 09 May 2014 - 07:20 AM.

The only thing that bugs me about passive mode is the ability of other players to shoot and kill me while I'm driving a vehicle.  They can shoot at my character all they want while I'm on foot and it doesn't cause any damage.  Why should being in a vehicle be any different? 

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:30 AM

The only thing that bugs me about passive mode is the ability of other players to shoot and kill me while I'm driving a vehicle.  They can shoot at my character all they want while I'm on foot and it doesn't cause any damage.  Why should being in a vehicle be any different? 

Because then you would be invincible, run over everyone, and no one could shoot you out of your car.

*Flies away

• TreFacTor likes this

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:52 AM

They could make it so my car doesn't cause the other player any damage.

• darkwar854 and 2281 like this

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:53 AM

Because then you would be invincible, run over everyone, and no one could shoot you out of your car.

*Flies away

Then they should make it so that if you're in Passive Mode and attempt to run someone over, you drive straight through them. Same thing if you're on foot while in Passive Mode and someone tries to run you down - they should drive straight through you.

• darkwar854 likes this

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:01 AM

yes please fix it, sometimes i accidently turn it on after dying... i hate it.

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:01 AM

*Flies away

Then they should make it so that if you're in Passive Mode and attempt to run someone over, you drive straight through them. Same thing if you're on foot while in Passive Mode and someone tries to run you down - they should drive straight through you.

That would suck. With all the believability they are trying to accomplish with this game, all the attention to detail, it wouldn't really help the immersion if you just pass through other players on the street.

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:03 AM

*Flies away

That would suck. With all the believability they are trying to accomplish with this game, all the attention to detail, it wouldn't really help the immersion if you just pass through other players on the street.

So pulling a rocket launcher out of your ass helps "with all the believability they are trying to accomplish with this game"?

Ok......................

• darkwar854 likes this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:05 AM

^

*Flies away

I already do, they join a mission to escape and they becomes ghosts

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:06 AM

People throw that "immersion" argument out there way too often.  How exactly does it break the immersion?  You can see the player is in passive mode, so if you don't want to break the immersion, then don't try to hit them.  Problem solved.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:08 AM

I think R* is trying to downplay immersion, they removed a guy delivering your car to you in favor for magically appearing vehicles

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:11 AM

So pulling a rocket launcher out of your ass helps "with all the believability they are trying to accomplish with this game"?

Ok......................

Haha, guess I didn't put much thought into that one :)

Either way, as far as I'm concerned, the passive mode works just fine. I don't understand why everyone has such a problem with griefers.

Broblab
  • Broblab

Homicidal maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

http://gtaforums.com...g-passive-mode/

http://gtaforums.com...ode-is-useless/

http://gtaforums.com...9-passive-mode/

http://gtaforums.com...ode-invincible/

http://gtaforums.com...sive-mode-work/

http://gtaforums.com...t-is-the-point/

And that's just the tip... pick your poison.

Ontopic: passive mode would be exploited if it made you invincible, it's fine as it is; as a way to avoid gunfire and get to safety/higher ground.

How would it be exploited?  If you can't interact with other players, then it's perfect.

i think they mean turning it on, running off for cover without worrying about getting womped by a car, which isnt an issue now, kick a dude around after respawning from destroying him and his tank, passive mode, you can run him over and continue the bedlam.

ghost mode? he can casually walk away without worrying about being hit. get another tank or even get above the tanks ability to look up and turn off ghost mode, essentially cheating.

the balance right now is, they get into a car to try to escape or just run off on an even plain with a car, trying to exploit passive mode to escape someone youve pissed off, only to get killed as you try to take advantage of the situation.

• gizmonomono and D3ViOU5 like this

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

^ Couldn't agree more

Broblab
  • Broblab

Homicidal maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

^ Couldn't agree more

that made sense? 

~reads through it~ holy crap it did.

my brain turned off halfway through from being so sleepy ( adjusting sleep habits for working overnight shift) and i just babbled.

yay for making words! ~arm flail~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users