• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic
gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:29 AM

Add an option to choose a lobby with friendly fire on meaning you can't shoot or kill players,but can still interact with npc & stuff as usual

And in this lobby, what would happen if you try to run somebody over with a car?

D3ViOU5
  • D3ViOU5

Trick

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:05 AM

Passive mode don't work, cars run me over, etc, wahwahwah

You say you can get run over then complain about people turning on pm and running away when their tanks blow up, have you tried running them over? Passive mode is fine, just because you have not learned to use it properly does not mean it is broken. Also, it's seriously not that hard to not be ran over and it baffles me that it's such a problem for you that you need to make a thread about it, claiming a part of the game is broken.

The devs had a specific type of gameplay in mind, and if you don't like that type of gameplay or simply can't play it in a way that you find enjoyable, then perhaps this isn't the game for you.

And I alway hear people want friendly fire lobbies like gta 4, well this is not gta 4, it's an entirely different concept, there are objectives and tasks, plus we don't need to divide the players anymore than they already are; cheaters pool, bad sport, auto aim, free aim, etc. What you want is an entirely diiferent gameplay mode and simply wouldn't work with the free roam of gta 5. But you could always go back to gta 4 if you like it so much more.

And for those who want "ghost mode", get an apartments and spectate other players if you don't want to play with anyone, cause thats what you'll be, a floating camera. Or you can just fire up an invite only session and play alone, because thats basically what you're asking for.
  • ace514 and gizmonomono like this

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

^This

• D3ViOU5 likes this

gengas
  • gengas

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:10 AM

if you ask me, people who want to be in passive should be in completely different sessions to everyone else

it gets annoying constantly seeing people moaning about being killed in passive, with that being said, i do think its unfair there is a way to kill someone on passive, but that wont stop, people will always want to kill others, on passive or not, so for everyones sake, they should actually make a whole new gameplay mode where only passives are in the lobby

Biff73
  • Biff73

101% Red neck

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:19 AM

Add an option to choose a lobby with friendly fire on meaning you can't shoot or kill players,but can still interact with npc & stuff as usual

And in this lobby, what would happen if you try to run somebody over with a car?

Then also add you can't run over players or make all players transparent

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:24 AM

Can't run them over how? You bounce off them? You go through them? That would suck. Not to mention the technical issues that would arise.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:58 AM

Passive mode is so useless.  First of all, you can get killed in it.  Second of all, you have no way of defending yourself.  What do you do if some loser comes in with a tank and runs you over?  Nothing, because R* don't know how to fix passive mode.  Passive mode should be a "ghost" mode.  You get guns and all that, but you can't harm other players, and they cannot harm you.  They can't run you over because your character is like a ghost.  That's how you fix passive mode.

i agree completely, passive mode is useless, i hate being ran down when i'm in passive mode.

• darkwar854 and Awesom-0 like this

D3ViOU5
  • D3ViOU5

Trick

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:07 AM

Passive mode should be a "ghost" mode.
R* just needs to give us the cops/no cops, auto aim/free aim, and friendly fire on/ friendly fire off options already. -_-
I also think you should be able to use passive in a car and not get shot. If you hit someone with the car while in passive, they should just go through you.
...they should actually make a whole new gameplay mode where only passives are in the lobby

What you guys need is ghost mode lobbies with no cops, no tasks and objectives and everyone is transparent and walks through each other, sound like fun?
  • gizmonomono likes this

gengas
  • gengas

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:12 AM

if anything, passive mode should be gone completely, gosh, the amount of soft people on here is unbelievable

theres nothing peaceful about GTA, nothing at all lol, there never has been 

why should online be any different lol, if people dont like it, they should stick to SP lol

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:15 AM

if anything, passive mode should be gone completely, gosh, the amount of soft people on here is unbelievable

why should online be any different lol, if people dont like it, they should stick to SP lol

I sorta agree with this. But passive mode should stay in the game. It's a measure to protect you from certain things which you have no control over.

gengas
  • gengas

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:22 AM Edited by gengas, 08 May 2014 - 10:25 AM.

I sorta agree with this. But passive mode should stay in the game. It's a measure to protect you from certain things which you have no control over.

nah i do get that it does protect from some things which are very 'unfair' to you, like being spawn killed and stuff

but it just frustrates me to see so many people crying over being killed in GTA, its almost like people dont actually know about this game? its not a peaceful game, there is nothing peaceful about this game's nature in the slightest, people can argue it takes a certain degree of skill/tactics and stuff, which to an extent i do believe, but the fact is that this game is a chaos game, its meant to be about killing and shooting, anyone who thinks different, i can only guess hasnt been playing GTA for long enough

im not saying that everyone should be killed every second of every session, but jesus, if people want a community thats nice to each other, go and play HALO, it would be like making a flipping boxing game online and then people moaning about being knocked out, how many missions/tasks in GTA online or SP require you to NOT kill anyone? i dont know the answer to this, but im sure its very very few, most people when they thought about GTA online were thinking about causing mayhem (and rightly so) and destruction, but somewhere along the line, people have labelled this way of thinking as bad, which to me PERSONALLY, doesnt make any sense at all, considering the game in question, like i said, there are much more peaceful games out there with online modes, if people cant stand the idea of being killed in GRAND THEFT AUTO (seriously?), then go and play one of those

edit - i should say though, i do think its pretty dickish killing lower level people that are trying to rank up, i see no joy in killing anyone under level 30/40, who probably doesnt have access to good enough guns to really give you a challenge

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

nah i do get that it does protect from some things which are very 'unfair' to you, like being spawn killed and stuff

but it just frustrates me to see so many people crying over being killed in GTA, its almost like people dont actually know about this game? its not a peaceful game, there is nothing peaceful about this game's nature in the slightest, people can argue it takes a certain degree of skill/tactics and stuff, which to an extent i do believe, but the fact is that this game is a chaos game, its meant to be about killing and shooting, anyone who thinks different, i can only guess hasnt been playing GTA for long enough

im not saying that everyone should be killed every second of every session, but jesus, if people want a community thats nice to each other, go and play HALO, it would be like making a flipping boxing game online and then people moaning about being knocked out, how many missions/tasks in GTA online or SP require you to NOT kill anyone? i dont know the answer to this, but im sure its very very few, most people when they thought about GTA online were thinking about causing mayhem (and rightly so) and destruction, but somewhere along the line, people have labelled this way of thinking as bad, which to me PERSONALLY, doesnt make any sense at all, considering the game in question, like i said, there are much more peaceful games out there with online modes, if people cant stand the idea of being killed in GRAND THEFT AUTO (seriously?), then go and play one of those

edit - i should say though, i do think its pretty dickish killing lower level people that are trying to rank up, i see no joy in killing anyone under level 30/40, who probably doesnt have access to good enough guns to really give you a challenge

It's not all about killing, there's races (both as jobs, and impromptu ones), there's a lot of activities that can be done in free roam as well. But what I fully agree with you is that the amount of bitching is too damn high.

Still, passive mode protects you when you stand no chance. Say I'm up against a tank. I fight, and use up all my ammo and now I have no chance to defend myself, or to escape. Am I supposed to just waste money on hospital bills? No, I turn passive mode on and reposition. Then I fight back. Also, I am yet to meet a tank driver whose tank I could not steel in passive mode. And nothing is more satisfying than jacking a tank from an asshole who's been killing you repeatedly.

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:57 AM

Bitch and moan topic is that way.. Oh wait big gta fanboy made this thread so it gets a pass

I see a thread like this every couple days. Am I the only who doesn't use/give a carp about passive mode? I only use whenever I go into stores/salon or missions.

you obviously give a crap if you still use it

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:05 PM

Passive mode should be a "ghost" mode.
R* just needs to give us the cops/no cops, auto aim/free aim, and friendly fire on/ friendly fire off options already. -_-
I also think you should be able to use passive in a car and not get shot. If you hit someone with the car while in passive, they should just go through you.
...they should actually make a whole new gameplay mode where only passives are in the lobby

What you guys need is ghost mode lobbies with no cops, no tasks and objectives and everyone is transparent and walks through each other, sound like fun?

Who said no cops or objectives?  All I'm saying is to have a lobby that people can work together in.  I have been in about 3 lobbies where players didn't kill each other for no reason.  3!  and FYI, I am playing this game for fun not kill everyone.  That's meant for COD.

Myu
  • Myu

=^● ⋏ ●^=

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:12 PM

Bitch and moan topic is that way.. Oh wait big gta fanboy made this thread so it gets a pass

I see a thread like this every couple days. Am I the only who doesn't use/give a carp about passive mode? I only use whenever I go into stores/salon or missions.

you obviously give a crap if you still use it

You're right. I should've said I think it's fine the way it is because I don't use it full time.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:17 PM

Passive mode is useful for escaping situations that would otherwise be impossible/nearly impossible to escape from. If you want to run around without getting killed by other players you can play invite only.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:22 PM

Passive mode is useful for escaping situations that would otherwise be impossible/nearly impossible to escape from. If you want to run around without getting killed by other players you can play invite only.

So to be able to enjoy GTA ONLINE, you have to play OFFLINE?  How about just fix passive mode so it's useful.

• FasterThanYou likes this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:27 PM

So to be able to enjoy GTA ONLINE, you have to play OFFLINE?  How about just fix passive mode so it's useful.

I just told you how it is useful. If you want to play gta online you're going to have to accept the fact that most players are assholes who are going to want to kill you. You can either kill them back and get stuck in an hour long battle until one of you leaves, or you can play in free roam by yourself.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:33 PM

If you want to run around shooting players you can play the PvP modes: deathmatch, LTS, capture... You'll get paid, and you'll get a much better environment to actually compete with others without (too many) silly interferences like cops, tanks, stoopid radar blips, etc.
  • darkwar854 likes this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:38 PM

If you want to run around shooting players you can play the PvP modes: deathmatch, LTS, capture... You'll get paid, and you'll get a much better environment to actually compete with others without (too many) silly interferences like cops, tanks, stoopid radar blips, etc.

I do play deathmatch, I'm saying that it doesn't matter what I want, other players are going to try to kill you in free roam, that's just the way it is. 

• D3ViOU5 likes this

Biff73
  • Biff73

101% Red neck

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:43 PM Edited by Biff73, 08 May 2014 - 08:50 PM.

Can't run them over how? You bounce off them? You go through them? That would suck. Not to mention the technical issues that would arise.

You don't understand the word transparent?Just like the first second you respawn flashing,but only in a friendly fire lobby.I also find that a lot of players are a@#holes who love free roam deathmatches,other than a friendly fire lobby where players can't kill each other or a 6 star wanted level where the millitary steps in will stop or at discourage this a@#holes from carrying on their stupid free roam deathmatches

Luismy_MMD
  • Luismy_MMD

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:46 PM

While I've watched that you can still kill people in passive mode by ramming them or shooting at them when they are inside a car, there are things passive players can do too which I don't see logical, such as somehow getting to use weapons when inside a car or acting as an invincible meatshield in a gunfight or getting in the way of an attacker making him unable to shoot (at least, not precisely)

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:50 PM

its better than it was. i like the fire trucks not killing you when youre in passive. i know r said it was a mistake and they will bring it back.

the only thing the game needs now is that you cant be killed or kill anyone when driving. (car, tank, helicopter, plane)

• darkwar854 likes this

BasedJACK
  • BasedJACK

From the clan of keyboard warriors

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

I think it'd be better if they just made a new type of lobby called Classic GTA or something and the online is just like GTA IV's with no cops and you can't kill other players and weapons are scattered around the map.

That would be a great way to get all the people complaining about being killed all the time to be happy with something.

In regards to fixing Passive Mode though I agree with the ghosting thing. Nothing should be able to run you over like tanks and cars and etc. It'd make it perfect then.

I really hope they add something like this in the near future

I preferred the GTA IV style lobbies as opposed as the way lobbies are set up now, we should at least have a choice 

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

I do play deathmatch, I'm saying that it doesn't matter what I want, other players are going to try to kill you in free roam, that's just the way it is. 

Nope. What you were saying is that people that wants to avoid that stuff must move to invite only.

And what I´m saying is that people who looks for that stuff must move to PvP modes.

• darkwar854 likes this

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

Passive means non agressive, it doesn't mean invincible! 

• gizmonomono likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:34 PM

Passive means non agressive, it doesn't mean invincible! 

It's meant to be invincible.  Why would R* make a mode where it punishes you?  If you get the cops on you, you are dead, if you walk on the road you are dead, if you drive cars, you are dead.  It is supposed to be non PVP.

ace514
  • ace514

Thug Mansion

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:48 PM Edited by ace514, 08 May 2014 - 09:51 PM.

if its meant to be invincible don't you think rockstar would have made it that way ? they didn't, so no passive mode is not meant to be  invincible

• gizmonomono and D3ViOU5 like this

D3ViOU5
  • D3ViOU5

Trick

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:59 PM Edited by D3ViOU5, 08 May 2014 - 10:00 PM.

Who said no cops or objectives?  All I'm saying is to have a lobby that people can work together in.  I have been in about 3 lobbies where players didn't kill each other for no reason.  3!  and FYI, I am playing this game for fun not kill everyone.  That's meant for COD.

There are missions for that, gta freeroam isn't meant to be a friendly place, especially if you are playing with strangers. Think about it, everything is set up so we need to fight each other for it, sure, a couple of those activities allow you to share the reward, one of which requires you to kill another player first. And why do you think we have so many guns? To fight dumb ass police AI? <-- Now there's something that's broken.

If you don't like it, stop playing freeroam or make some friends and play invite only sessions. There are even threads in the meetup section for "chill" lobbies and other people looking for the same thing so you're pretty much complaining about nothing.

Also, killing other players is fun in freeroam, either as a team or a lone shooter. What you want is an entirely different game, and passive mode still isn't broken just because you don't know how to use it, it's meant to get you out of sticky spots and it's seriously not that hard.

• gizmonomono likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:16 PM

There are missions for that, gta freeroam isn't meant to be a friendly place, especially if you are playing with strangers. Think about it, everything is set up so we need to fight each other for it, sure, a couple of those activities allow you to share the reward, one of which requires you to kill another player first. And why do you think we have so many guns? To fight dumb ass police AI? <-- Now there's something that's broken.

If you don't like it, stop playing freeroam or make some friends and play invite only sessions. There are even threads in the meetup section for "chill" lobbies and other people looking for the same thing so you're pretty much complaining about nothing.

Also, killing other players is fun in freeroam, either as a team or a lone shooter. What you want is an entirely different game, and passive mode still isn't broken just because you don't know how to use it, it's meant to get you out of sticky spots and it's seriously not that hard.

You don't understand that it's useless when someone is in a tank.

if its meant to be invincible don't you think rockstar would have made it that way ? they didn't, so no passive mode is not meant to be  invincible

It's also not meant to punish the one who puts it on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users