FIX passive mode

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic
darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:31 AM

Passive mode is so useless.  First of all, you can get killed in it.  Second of all, you have no way of defending yourself.  What do you do if some loser comes in with a tank and runs you over?  Nothing, because R* don't know how to fix passive mode.  Passive mode should be a "ghost" mode.  You get guns and all that, but you can't harm other players, and they cannot harm you.  They can't run you over because your character is like a ghost.  That's how you fix passive mode.

• hugh750, JOEsAGGRESSIVE, Outplug and 13 others like this

Warlordfrost
  • Warlordfrost

Mentally Stable Killer

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:34 AM

They did fix it, damn firetruck is useless now
  • mikezilla2, Crunch McThornbody and RAS_ZeroZ like this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:37 AM

They didn't fix it the right way.

• hugh750, Outplug, Lamborghini1335 and 3 others like this

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:59 AM

Yeah I agree. This would be the perfect passive mode. It would be really fun actually.
  • Outplug, darkwar854 and BitPieStudios like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:00 AM

http://gtaforums.com...g-passive-mode/

http://gtaforums.com...ode-is-useless/

http://gtaforums.com...9-passive-mode/

http://gtaforums.com...ode-invincible/

http://gtaforums.com...sive-mode-work/

http://gtaforums.com...t-is-the-point/

And that's just the tip... pick your poison.

Ontopic: passive mode would be exploited if it made you invincible, it's fine as it is; as a way to avoid gunfire and get to safety/higher ground.

• Shaundi., BoJack Cognac, D3ViOU5 and 2 others like this

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:01 AM

Passive mode is so useless.  First of all, you can get killed in it.  Second of all, you have no way of defending yourself.  What do you do if some loser comes in with a tank and runs you over?  Nothing, because R* don't know how to fix passive mode.  Passive mode should be a "ghost" mode.  You get guns and all that, but you can't harm other players, and they cannot harm you.  They can't run you over because your character is like a ghost.  That's how you fix passive mode.

Passive mode does need a lot of work. i agree with the ghost mode which would be called No-contact like the one they are going to add in the race. that would really help. 

• darkwar854 and ten-a-penny like this

JohnnyCallisto
  • JohnnyCallisto

Custom Racers Crew

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:02 AM

They didn't fix it the right way.

I totally agree

• darkwar854 likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:02 AM

http://gtaforums.com...g-passive-mode/

http://gtaforums.com...ode-is-useless/

http://gtaforums.com...9-passive-mode/

http://gtaforums.com...ode-invincible/

http://gtaforums.com...sive-mode-work/

http://gtaforums.com...t-is-the-point/

And that's just the tip... pick your poison.

Ontopic: passive mode would be exploited if it made you invincible, it's fine as it is; as a way to avoid gunfire and get to safety/higher ground.

How would it be exploited?  If you can't interact with other players, then it's perfect.

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:04 AM Edited by Xyn, 08 May 2014 - 03:04 AM.

How would it be exploited?  If you can't interact with other players, then it's perfect.

Snipers or griefers would have no problem getting to their ideal positions/tanks.

• PerceusSOZ likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:06 AM

Snipers or griefers would have no problem getting to their ideal positions/tanks.

And?  You do realize that you can also use it?

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:08 AM

And?  You do realize that you can also use it?

So I should become the problem as well...not to mention a common bitch?
No thanks, I'd rather the system remain the way it is.

• SightsIn likes this

This Guy?
  • This Guy?

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:09 AM

Passive mode is fine, i just get to higher ground if im against tanks.

A ghost mode would just make it so that the griefers would get to their tank untouched.
  • gizmonomono likes this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

In Serious Relapse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:09 AM

agree...

at first i didnt care about passive mode because back then we had the teleport glitch which was very handy...

now that we dont have that glitch, passive mode is simply useless when you get pinned in a area by some tankers.

leaving you with no choice but to switch session.
  • darkwar854 likes this

ky1e1792
  • ky1e1792

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:11 AM

The most annoying thing is being in passive mode and having a wanted level. You can't retaliate against the LSPD.

• darkwar854, Raylion and pandadoudou like this

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

I don't give a f*ck

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:13 AM

agree...

at first i didnt care about passive mode because back then we had the teleport glitch which was very handy...

now that we dont have that glitch, passive mode is simply useless when you get pinned in a area by some tankers.

leaving you with no choice but to switch session.

Or use the join quick job feature to move around the map. 

• SightsIn likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:14 AM

Passive mode is fine, i just get to higher ground if im against tanks.

A ghost mode would just make it so that the griefers would get to their tank untouched.

Maybe, but they can't grief if passive mode works.

YoungMivy
  • YoungMivy

Secret Stripper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:17 AM

Passive mode to me is if you need to be afk for a second. If you don't want to be killed then leave the session simple as that. Just my two cents :)
  • johnboiuk likes this

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:24 AM

Honestly you shouldn't be able to kill someone then turn passive mode on right after either. The whole concept is f*cked.
If you want to play in a mode where you can't kill each other they need to bring back the friendly fire on/off game mode variation. You can't have peace amongst war lol.
  • darkwar854, XJpostman, Fallcreek and 2 others like this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:33 AM

lol.. But they would not be able to do anything if they can't 'interact' with a passive player.  What are the gonna do,, play i spy with my little eye?

If they can add gimpy ghost racing to races they can add a passive mode that actually means passive.  Not this part time passive mumbo jumbo...

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:34 AM

R* just needs to give us the cops/no cops, auto aim/free aim, and friendly fire on/ friendly fire off options already. -_-

• Flameboy2278 likes this

AntonioJamal97
  • AntonioJamal97

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:37 AM

20Th passive mode post this week

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

lol.. But they would not be able to do anything if they can't 'interact' with a passive player.  What are the gonna do,, play i spy with my little eye?

If they can add gimpy ghost racing to races they can add a passive mode that actually means passive.  Not this part time passive mumbo jumbo...

That's the idea.  We want to discourage griefers.

• blk95ta likes this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

I want a real passive mode including when i am in a car. I hate how players will try to force you into a pvp battle by running you over if you're in passive. I also think you should be able to use passive in a car and not get shot. If you hit someone with the car while in passive, they should just go through you.
  • darkwar854 likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:41 AM

Dear darkwar854, I mean this with all sincerity and respect, but the majority of the posts I read of yours are major bummers, pointing out flaws and disappointments in an online game.
I'd enjoy reading your happy moments or perspectives in the game, or some positive aspects we can all share and revel in.

As for Passive Mode, I love it, because once you learn to really understand it, you can really be destructive or deceptive with it.
It's nothing more than a tool that the game provides to achieve certain tasks. 

My favorite is to revenge on a player by sending Mercs, Mugger, and a Bounty on them, then going into Passive and taunting them while the reinforcements come, taking them by surprise.

Anyhow, the game is awesome. Let's start from there and go forward. ;)

• RowanSane and ls_stories like this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:45 AM Edited by Vooodu, 08 May 2014 - 03:45 AM.

As for Passive Mode, I love it, because once you learn to really understand it, you can really be destructive or deceptive with it.

^Pretty much the reason why passive is bullsh*t.

I mean ya.. It helps avoid those cheap shots after finish a job or leaving a store.  But its mostly a get out of getting your ass kicked card.  Which is mostly used by players after their trolling spree comes to an end.

I use it all the time to f*ck with people too.  IMO thats not what i should be used for.

• darkwar854 and XJpostman like this

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:51 AM Edited by Fail_At_GTA, 08 May 2014 - 03:52 AM.

Its called PASSIVE mode, not GOD mode.  I highly suggest you look up what passive actually means, you'd be surprised that it means exactly what passive mode is like.

Also you're like the 10,000th person to make this exact same thread.  Make you should just look stuff up in general...

• BoJack Cognac likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:51 AM

^Pretty much the reason why passive is bullsh*t.

I mean ya.. It helps avoid those cheap shots after finish a job or leaving a store.  But its mostly a get out of getting your ass kicked card.  Which is mostly used by players after their trolling spree comes to an end.

I use it all the time to f*ck with people too.  IMO thats not what i should be used for.

It would help if they either give us a friendly lobby, or have passive players not interact with non-passive players.

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:53 AM

Passive Mode is fine the way it is. 

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:53 AM

Its called PASSIVE mode, not GOD mode.  I highly suggest you look up what passive actually means, you'd be surprised that it means exactly what passive mode is like.

Passive mode = you can't use guns, can't drive cars, can't walk on sidewalks.  So, you basically have to be standing on top of a building to play the game in passive mode.  That's not how it should be.  Passive mode was created so you can avoid the griefing dickheads, but it doesn't do anything when you can get run over.

• blk95ta, Raylion and LahTigre like this

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:54 AM

What this man said. Passive simply means you're not looking for a fight.

People can still kick a passive person's ass whether that passive person wants it or not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users