gta 5 freezing (disc or system?)

6 replies to this topic
joey23
  • joey23

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:59 AM

keeps freezing at the same geographic part in story mode, whether on a mission or just driving by it. its on the highway in the tunnel on the northeast part of the map, you have to go thru it on the "i fought the law" mission

disc looks good, some light scratches but nothing major at all. suggestions? thanks

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:17 AM

It seems like a certain part of the disc is scratched. My call of duty 4 disc cant read the map 'wetwork'. every time it loads that map it freezes.

warlord GTAV
  • warlord GTAV

Wizard

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:32 AM

Dont no how people scratch disc when u take it out of console put it straight into case ,problem solved..it sounds like its the disc if it happens in same spot everytime.
Dont no how people scratch disc when u take it out of console put it straight into case ,problem solved..it sounds like its the disc if it happens in same spot everytime.
  • Mr Pickles likes this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:33 AM

Corrupted save game most likely, I started having the same issue after my power when out during an autosave (just my luck), luckily I had a quick save a few missions earlier.

poppafewpills
  • poppafewpills

R.I.P. The Dupes....

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:34 AM Edited by poppafewpills, 08 May 2014 - 05:34 AM.

I love how rockstar tells people it's the disc... my disc hasn't left the PlayStation since install.

Luismy_MMD
  • Luismy_MMD

Modern Man Disease - Singer

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:03 AM

The 1.12 update gives me a lot of freezes too. Either in the Xbox and the Ps3. 

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:23 AM

disc looks good, some light scratches but nothing major at all. suggestions?

Hello joey23, welcome to the forum.

Please try loading a previous save (from a different save slot) and see if that solves the problem. If you don't have a different save or if the problem persists then try a disk check.

The easiest way to check your disk is to load the disk into a friend's console (a friend who plays GTAV that is, because they will need to have installed the map disk too). If you don't have a friend with GTAV, a games store will be able to help you. If the problem repeats on another console then yes, it is your disc.

If the game plays fine on another console then the disk is ok and the problem is with the installation on your console.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users