How do you beat Vice City?

8 replies to this topic
abcnyman1
  • abcnyman1

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:42 AM

I am playing GTA Vice City, and I have done all the side missions and the Mansion missions. I just found out yesterday that you need to get 6 of 8 assets and complete the side missions. First of I wish the Properties were marked on the map, thankfully the internet helps with that but also, I wish the game confirms that in order to advance you need to do 6 assets, it tries as hard as it can to hint it to you but it's like they don't want you to know that you have to do the property missions. So once I got that all figured out and looked at all the properties that have missions I couldn't believe it, how are you supposed to be able to afford 6 of those properties without some sort of cheat? I looked everywhere and the best thing I could find was the parking meters which is useless. Some of the stuff I found was okay, but it was for PC and I am on the PS2. And you Have to buy the Printworks, which that alone costs $70,000. The Malibu is like $120,000 and the Cab place, and Strip club are both $60,000 bucks, and the missions aren't like GTA 3 where they litter you with money on average your reward for missions is at the most, $8,000 it's crazy. Please, someone tell me how I am supposed to get enough money to be able to complete this game so I can move on to San Andraes

• Tikhung likes this

Vice City criminal
  • Vice City criminal

I see you're a gangster. i'm pretty gangster myself.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:49 AM

i don't know. Complete all the side missions to get enough money to buy all the properties maybe?  :sarcasm: 

gnfnrhead
  • gnfnrhead

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:26 PM

The taxi mission will start building cash very quickly. The more you can do in a row, the more money you make. You get a bonus for every 5 you manage in a row and that bones gets larger each time.

If you have no issue cheating you could spawn a Rhino and do the vigilante mission for a while.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:38 PM

Every property you complete starts generating money. The Vercetti Mansion for example generates $5000 in revenue every day. Collect this money from all of your properties every day and you will generate a lot of money. Plus that almost all properties give you more missions to complete where you earn more money. Also what they^ said, taxi missions and vigilante can generate a lot of money if you get to the higher levels. There are also a whole heap of other side missions: rampages, toy vans, Chopper Checkpoints, Street Races (V.C. Endurance can earn you $30.000 every ~5 minutes), Hyman Memorial Stadium, et cetera, et cetera. There are a lot of ways to make money, I have never had money trouble in this game.

And I'd like to point out that yes, missions in GTA III rewarded you 10 times more money but everything you could/had to buy was also 10 times more expensive. Rockstar reduced this to a more realistic level when making Vice City.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

Ways to make easy Money... http://gtaforums.com...s/#entry2031983

xNCx
  • xNCx

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:37 PM

The fastest way to earn money is Cone Crazy. Speedrunners use only this method to earn cash. But the problem is that it isn't a easy thing ;).

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:34 PM

The fastest way to earn money is Cone Crazy. Speedrunners use only this method to earn cash. But the problem is that it isn't a easy thing ;).

It is on the Original PS2 version (from 2002-- which I still have and is in mint condition).... I maxed my money with over 20 seconds left on the timer on the last (23rd) run.

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:36 PM

It's not that difficult... It is more difficult when you try a speedrun, because then you have to decrease each run with one second, but it has to be as fast as possible. You don't have to rush when you just want to have more money, because then you can use the full time available.

Please note that it could be handy to change the camera view when trying Cone Crazy.
  • Tikhung likes this

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:20 PM

My best way to make money is to do the 6th street race when you buy the Sunshine Autos. To enter the race, you need $10,000 but once you complete it, you get $40,000. So that way you get $30,000 in just about 5 minutes. If not, do some side missions until you get enough money to buy properties.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users