6 replies to this topic
Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low Rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:50 PM

Hey everyone !

I played GTA since the first top down games, however I only joined the community  a short time ago.

I just wanted to say how amazed I am by the motivation and effort the members put in work here. In short time I saw people creating huge maps of possible GTA game, even entire stories for self imagined games, all worked out researched full of love for the details good writing etc. (mapmaking threads, GTA San Fierro, Family Ties etc.)

Some spend months on such projects, and the results are rewarded, critisized, yet in a productive way. It's astonishing how many people dive in the universes of the games, imagining prequels, sequels, even totally new strings of stories. There's so much of cultural impact here, from the games to the stories that inspired the games etc.

I'm still active in a game forum for need for speed, mostly the people there spent insulting/hating on eachother, much of frustrated kids, only complaining about anything .. Nothing you can call a community.

The members here are more kind, helping, respectful. Sure, I saw some people getting a bit involved in some uncomfy situations, but I really enjoy being with you guys of the community, I don't have to think of some haters if I post someting, rather than that, if I need help there's always a players which seems to know everything about the game mechanics, universes to reply to help me out

I don't want this to turn in a "omg our cmunity is so gr8"speech, so I'd better stop, I'm not good at such things anyway ^^' Just wanted to say what I though all over, and hope this is just not to cheesy ^^'

• Tyla, PulpFiction, Tikhung and 1 other like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Videospiele sind meine Lieblings Videospiele.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:49 AM

Glad you like it here amigo, I'm proud to call this place my second home.

Spoiler

• theGTAking101 likes this

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

This place is ok.

It's why we return.

Enjoy

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Godfather

• Zaibatsu
  • Vatican-City
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:17 PM

Just for making this post here you go. Have a cookie on me...

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:44 PM

Welcome to the forums.

• Luddite and theGTAking101 like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:53 AM

I want what you're on... fanboys and trolls everywhere...

RainbowParty
  • RainbowParty

Aww yus *0*

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

Even though I got banned here before, I still love the GTA community (I mean since this is the biggest GTA forum). It's better than any other gaming community, tbh. You can't have a conversation with a COD fan or a NFS fan but a GTA fan knows movies, music, cars... It's a community with a more open mind. I can't speak for everyone of course but the people who like GTA are usually friendly and as a game and common like, it's something that quickly bonds people ("oh yus GTA is the best, I love it too"). And it's not a community that complains and whines about the game but still buys it and that fights itself over retarded "fanboy" issues. It's a community that respects and criticizes the GTA games in a direct and non-biased way. I think it's probably a result of the effort GTA puts on their games as well, they don't treat us like idiots who eat crap, like EA or the COD guys (activision? i dont know anymore) do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users