WFT/XFT to DFF

100 replies to this topic
Yoha
  • Yoha

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:09 AM

There's no function for converting into .yft and it's not even planned.
Be patient and wait for OFIO/GIMS update (or RageDK release?) :p

Replace default .ini with the one from export_vehicle_model_settings folder.

But, it seems all the models of this car are been merged as one model. not several parts.

:santa: Thank you for so quick reply!

Sure, I will look forward that I/O. :)

I did what you said, replaced the "GeneralSettings.ini" in converter folder with the one from export_vehicle_model_settings folder.

But, the result is same, I guess.

Check the below image, 2 models of same car, but been convertered by different "GeneralSetting.ini".

The parts of this still been merged.

QQ20150601155100_zpsu4zstmwo.jpg

Devon_D
  • Devon_D

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:44 AM Edited by Devon_D, 10 June 2015 - 04:46 AM.

Hello GTAForums users, I hope that this thread isn't considered 'dead' (it's only been a week since the last edit) but I've been following the progress of GTA V PC asset extraction since the beginning and I have some questions about the YDDtoDFF converter listed on the first post.

Mainly, I get an error saying that I am missing the MSVC110.DLL (which led me to a dead-end in terms of solutions) but that's not my issue really as I have a friend that can convert models for me (temporarily). I was mainly wondering how I could import converted DFF files into a usable format for 3DS MAX.

I'm interested in using the arms\hands models for rigging and stuff, but I'm having issues getting the models into 3DS at all. I have 3DS max 8 and 2014, does anyone here know if there are any tools that are compatible with these programs so I can do this?

By the way, I made an account just to ask these questions, but I've been a silent lurker in these forums since 2006 or so. I used to install mods in GTA 3, VC, and SA for the kicks. These days I can pretty much model and texture my own stuff, but I'd like to try out some of GTA Vs stuff too (probably put it in another game). 

Automan
  • Automan

Maker's modder

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:43 PM

But you have the scripts KAM's for GTA, in 3dsmax?... :)

Devon_D
  • Devon_D

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:08 PM Edited by Devon_D, 11 June 2015 - 02:21 PM.

Yes, I can load the tools using 3ds 2014, however when I try using the GTA DFF IO tool, selecting the .dff model with the Import button doesn't seem to let me do anything. It's probably a simple process but I'm new to importing\exporting DFF filetypes and I'm more used to using GIMS IV for GTA IV. Perhaps you could explain how I could import the models after converting them with the YDD converter? Do I need all the files that were output, or is the DFF file alone good enough?

EDIT: I apologize for my noobiness, I totally forgot that the scaling for the GTA games (or at least, their importers) is super small. Small enough that I never noticed the hands in 3ds. It worked, thanks for your help!

NEA Nouman Ejaz Awan
  • NEA Nouman Ejaz Awan

N.E.A

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:42 PM Edited by NEA Nouman Ejaz Awan, 12 June 2015 - 06:42 PM.

Wft/Xft2dff works correctly on my PC.
Wtd2txd also works on my PC.
Liberty V_r47 doesn't works on my PC. It displays this error:
The application failed to initialize properly (0¡Ác0000135). Click OK to terminate the application.
YTD, ydd (GTA v PC) converter also doesn't work, I have tested the latest version.. I use Windows XP 32bit. On my PC DirectX 9.0 works correctly but DirectX 9.0C doesn't work on my PC. My PC is Intel Pentium 4 2.60GHz processor. I'll buy 1GB RAM soon, for now my PC RAM is 248MB.
Help me about it!

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:25 PM

Use OpenIV to extract .ytd/.ydr/.ydd files from archives.

• Z@gor likes this

NEA Nouman Ejaz Awan
  • NEA Nouman Ejaz Awan

N.E.A

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:34 AM

OpenIV's GTA V version doesn't work on my PC.

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 13 June 2015 - 04:31 PM

OpenIV's GTA V version doesn't work on my PC.

You know we have topic where you can report your issues with OpenIV right here.

Illuminat3m
  • Illuminat3m

Player Hater

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 4 weeks ago

I Just got GTA V for PC , Thanks for making able to Convert YDD Models Files to other sources like DFF , so i was able to Extract some GTA Online items , working with the I'll gotten gains update , got some cool stuff , uhm , just curious @dk22pac , would you share with us the WDRtoDFF or other formats batch file converter? , i would like to convert some models from Max Payne 3, since they are locked with some sort file coding, Thanks in advance!

vlWGdnl.jpg?1

Thanks DK22Pac!

AlphaWolF_uk
  • AlphaWolF_uk

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by AlphaWolF_uk, 2 weeks ago.

PLEASE! 

If you can possibly make a tool or add support to convert native GTAV model formats to FBX and back again it would be the best GTA mod tool avalible

FBX is the industry standard in game development  and every 3d modeling program worth  anything supports it natively EG: All autodesk products ,zbrush ,blender.

It can contain everything including skin data, models, Animations, Morph targets, layers, lods, collision meshes, EVERYTHING Its the best 3d format ive ever come across  and would open up GTA modding to everybody and simplify the GTA modding process without any need for multiple steps and conversion tools. 

workflow:

Once the native file is extracted with OpenIV.

(native GTA FILE TO FBX convertor)  -> (ANY 3D MODELING PROGRAM) -> & BACK AGAIN  = extremely simple workflow :)

Automan
  • Automan

Maker's modder

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 2 weeks ago

Both ZM2 that 3dsmax importing dff can then export to .3ds and .obj.
Convert .3ds and .obj files in fbx:
http://usa.autodesk....112&id=22694909

Vehicles of Max Payne 3 are very similar to GTA_IV, and very interesting.
It would not hurt to have a converter, I could only do 2 for SA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users